Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1297, unwnd wrote:
In post 1294, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1289, unwnd wrote:Please stop talking about the stupid fucking mechanics
I was not trying to talk mechanics... I was trying to talk about his motivation for locking into the wall. To see if I thought the decision was town motivated or scum motivated. Isn't that how you are supposed to play this game?

Before I talked to him, I could only come up with a scum motivation (which was based on mechanics), but once I talked to him, I decided that I can see a potential town motivation.

I have not decided on either of you yet, but I do feel like that was a productive conversation for us to have.
I personally got nothing out of it knowing

1) How dunn is
2) The previous points I just made
Okay... you got nothing from it.

I got myself out of a tunnel.

Before that conversation, I could not understand why town!dunn would have ever made the play that he did, and therefore had a hard time thinking of him in any way other then 100% scum. Now, I can see a logical reason for town!dunn to have made the play. Now I can step back and examine both of you more clearly.

Seems like a productive time to me.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:03 pm

Post by unwnd »

Ok well

If I haven't made it clear enough

I have to solve the both of you

I'm fine with you two sharing a heartfelt moment over statistical data, but work with my sensibilities
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1299, unwnd wrote:Let's start somewhere else

The whole game pretty much agrees that Infinity is caught scum. That's very much a given. I would like to state if you're not paying attention that both the two people who have a confirmed scum in them think I'm evil. Who's bussing me?
Counterpoint:

If you're scum, you're in a better position than either of s_s or catboi. It's you who has to help t hem, not the other way around. It's possible for you to go undetected in this pair and still lose the game.

Rephrasing that, right now s_s vs catboi is more important, and if town wins that group, they are very likely to win the game. The same is true of this group, as well, but you're under a lot less pressure
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1302, Dunnstral wrote:

The whole game pretty much agrees that Infinity is caught scum. That's very much a given. I would like to state if you're not paying attention that both the two people who have a confirmed scum in them think I'm evil. Who's bussing me?
Counterpoint:

If you're scum, you're in a better position than either of s_s or catboi. It's you who has to help t hem, not the other way around. It's possible for you to go undetected in this pair and still lose the game.

Rephrasing that, right now s_s vs catboi is more important, and if town wins that group, they are very likely to win the game. The same is true of this group, as well, but you're under a lot less pressure
I don't understand how I need to help them, my best option here is to play stupid and let them fight their own battles
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1301, unwnd wrote:Ok well

I'm fine with you two sharing a heartfelt moment over statistical data, but work with my sensibilities
Do you think that all 3 scum were the last people who hadn't voted for a position yet, and that I then hammered wall for no reason as a sort of gambit to make my team look better?\\Because if you don't think that, then you should probably think catboi is scum, actually, and we can probably win off of that
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:06 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

My entire line of questioning was trying to get to the answer of "if you are town, why would you have done this"

Sorry, if that ended up including some mechanical talk /s
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1303, unwnd wrote:

Counterpoint:

I don't understand how I need to help them, my best option here is to play stupid and let them fight their own battles
No

If you're scum, and one of catboi/s_s is scum, and infinity is scum

You will lose the game if your partner between catboi/s_s gets eliminated

So just playing stupid isn't a valid strategy
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

But regardless, finding the scum in the wall is less pressing then finding the scum at the gate imo, so I am more then happy for the conversation to change direction
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1304, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1301, unwnd wrote:Ok well

Do you think that all 3 scum were the last people who hadn't voted for a position yet, and that I then hammered wall for no reason as a sort of gambit to make my team look better?\\Because if you don't think that, then you should probably think catboi is scum, actually, and we can probably win off of that
Can I say with true sincerity that thinking about what scum did last night hurts my head

I was running with my own smallbrain idea that You/Infinity got caught out. However I'm not the person to bury someone (or even try) based on mechanics. I want to treat that as happenstance exclusively
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:09 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I say that, but it is 3 am. I am going to sleep.

@absinthe, please solve the keep correctly so that I don't actually end up the deciding vote this game
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1306, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1303, unwnd wrote:

Counterpoint:

No

If you're scum, and one of catboi/s_s is scum, and infinity is scum

You will lose the game if your partner between catboi/s_s gets eliminated

So just playing stupid isn't a valid strategy
That isn't what is happening though, in regards to me being scum. That's why I'm much more wanting to get more out of them and why I've been urging the fact that
both
of them scumread me means something probably isn't right. I think both of them merely see a popular opinion they can work with and it will be like pulling teeth to see which of them just really believes Ana.
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Oh also I was avoiding saying it before Dunn answered my question at the start of the day but then I forgot. I think the Dunn townslip has a decent chance of being legit.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by unwnd »

I guess I actually see what you're saying though

S_S/Catboi will be the determining factor because we should be up by 1 after we eliminate Infinity

But that's an inevitability. Like I said I do enjoy being right but I also enjoy the credit too. I'm not gonna sit on my hands and not try to figure out who's being disingenuous towards me
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:42 am

Post by Anastasia »

<3 Unwnd

I feel bad for you in so many ways and I wish I thought you were town
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:43 am

Post by unwnd »

I really am town and I'm not sure what else I could possibly do to prove that lol
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 am

Post by Anastasia »

Well you don't need to "prove" it per se.

If you're town, you just need to correctly solve in the Gate and we shall win together.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:48 am

Post by Anastasia »

I do feel awful though if I've been wrong about you all along sorry <3
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:52 am

Post by unwnd »

Don't feel awful

It's a game, I would never get seriously mad at you. I am allowed to be mad in-game though!

Let me know if it's ever taken too far/makes you feel bad
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Anastasia »

I guess I feel bad about how conf-biased I am on your slot, I want to give you a fair shot but I think the other two have towntold a lot more than you and thats why I'm still holding out hope that you sweep me off my feet with an amazing solve that I know you are capable of <3
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:56 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1041, Dunnstral wrote:Infinity is confirmed scum because absinthe is confirmed town at the keep
Scum can swap town with town if there's 1 scum in each group.

I don't know if I have much agency here, I think briar is probably the scum because ana promised to vote for the other in this group but yeah.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:56 am

Post by unwnd »

Personally what annoys me is that the idea of them towntelling is simply because they're more into the sauce

A lot of their conversation was revolved around mechanics and I'm out of my element in some regard. It's not that I can't handle mechanics, I just don't like using it to that extent. I certainly can't fucking fake it as scum or even try. That isn't true of Dunn however which is why I wanted to contest both him/Lukewarm
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:57 am

Post by unwnd »

Infinity I am shocked you showed up with the whole game pretty much agreeing you're scum
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:58 am

Post by Anastasia »

I agree that it's unfair to you that they are clearing themselves off mech nonsense.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:59 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I mean once people realize I'm town, it might be useful to have my thoughts in the thread.

If I was more confident on the town in my group I would quickvote here but idk. I hope ana and briar don't rush this.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 2:59 am

Post by unwnd »