RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 9:17 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 97, Bingle wrote:
In post 63, RationalMadman wrote:Kerset isn't acting Towny at all and similar to lqst game is being reaction-provoking such as with Tbone in particular (last game). I scumread the Ker/Bingle pair.
Point out the differences?
I think you mean the similarities. Which I did point out.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 am

Post by RationalMadman »

This game, I have to admit I am hesitating a lot with my reads because everyone except Klick and Bingle I find have very odd metas and ways of being/acting either as scum or as Town so I have to guess.

What I currently gather is that Klick and T-bone's explanation of their lover thread is seemingly more natural and Towny than Kerset and Bingle's, I also like Klick's way of explaining it as it doesn't seem to apologise for how ridiculous and scummy that explanation/description seems and T-bone did the very same thing with less detail prior, it seems more organic than how Bingle and Kerset's is described but their description is also very short.

Anastasia's description of our own Lover thread is not very Towny-seeming so I am not sitting on a high horse here, however I would like to point out from an objective point of view that if I wasn't Anastasia's lover what I would townread from her is her activity level this game vs last, she seems far more engaged and responsive whereas last game it was largely a burst where she voted me and interacted there and then basically didn't afterwards.

I am wondering about some users, especially Bambi, and what exactly qualified as 'fluff' vs genuine posts from her (and others, including Vex). If I understand more about that, I may be able to put together a read in the Vanillas especially.

For now, I have genuinely got no real idea in the VT and for the Lovers, I'd vote Ker/Bing but that is a weak read, let me be clear.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 9:43 am

Post by RationalMadman »

qualifies* not qualified

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 100, RationalMadman wrote:I think you mean the similarities. Which I did point out.
:facepalm:

I did in fact mean that.

I was more looking for specific posts you think are similar, though.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Vex Vience »

@rm i basically never post fluff under this account. everything i post, assume it isn't fluff, unless i'm obviously breaking character for it.
just ask yourself - do you think i would post this seriously, and is there anything that indicates i'm not being serious?

if yes -> it's me joking around, you can mostly ignore it
if no -> it's an actually serious post
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 9:54 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 103, Bingle wrote:
In post 100, RationalMadman wrote:I think you mean the similarities. Which I did point out.
:facepalm:

I did in fact mean that.

I was more looking for specific posts you think are similar, though.
Spoiler:
In post 29, Kerset wrote:RM how do you feel about the fact that your fight with Vex was just TvT? How dumb do you feel?
In post 32, Kerset wrote:Blame yessir. He want us to suffer.
In post 24, Kerset wrote:
In post 20, Anastasia wrote:
In post 15, Vex Vience wrote:also ana/bambi what are both of you?
I am lover to RM so I'm kind of resigned to my fate of dying an early tragic death.

I just want to flirt with Kerset a bit more before I die.
Ironically i got bingle... :C

While 'similar' isn't concrete here, the tone is basically identical to Kerset's posting last game, except for the one interaction where Kerset mentions the mod spited him and Ana, since Kerset didn't talk about anything to do with anger or mod stuff last game.

The tone is casual, off-topic, reaction-igniting if actively towards a player (last game more so towards T-bone but also to you actually when Kerset sarcastically said how you were correct to disregard Vex's ISO spam of me which lacked analysis to it).

Absolutely nothing from Kerset feels different to last game's type of posting.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 99, Anastasia wrote:From my point of view it just looked like RM was trying to get himself off'd as quickly as possible and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't do the same thing this go-around as well.
Did you read my posts about RM being town last game? Specifically about why he was posting what he was?

What do you think of the idea that RM is naturally going to have a higher threshold to be found scummy.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Bingle »

Bambi probtown, btw. Fairly high confidence.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Vex Vience »

rm, do you agree or disagree with their t-bone vote then as well?
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Bingle »

Vex, why did you want to start off the game with summaries of Loverchats?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:10 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 108, Vex Vience wrote:rm, do you agree or disagree with their t-bone vote then as well?
Are you referring to Kerset last game when Kerset was scum and voted town T-bone?

I disagree with it in hindsight of course so I doubt that's what you're asking.

When Kerset voted T-bone I did have a feeling Llama was scum just based on raw instinct and that Llama's posts kept trying to over-tell Town (but it was so Towny that I struggled to scumread it and was too focused on battling you).

So, T-bone was a nullread all of last game for me and I didn't have a strong stance on Kerset's voting of T-bone and I kind of understood the reasoning of the vote even though I thought to myself T-bone could just be a player who likes to post nonsense from time to time as either alignment.

If you mean Bambi this game, I don't agree with the vote at all, it makes no sense to me as you haven't posted anything super Towny, just that you are very defensive or were early on and that matches the vibe if your previous posts last game.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:13 am

Post by RationalMadman »

sorry, I made a huge error, Bambi has voted Klick, not T-bone. There is someone who voted T-bone and my brain confused the two, i am very sorry, however what I said can apply to Bambi's vote of Klick.

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Vex Vience »

can you first confirm what kerset said in your pt?

#CultsArentBastard
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:15 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 112, Vex Vience wrote:can you first confirm what kerset said in your pt?
I am with Ana, not Kerset

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Vex Vience »

not talking to you rm, i'm talking to bingle; i'm 99.9% sure you already confirmed it though

#CultsArentBastard
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 112, Vex Vience wrote:can you first confirm what kerset said in your pt?
The sum total of Kerset's contribution to the PT was that Ana'd asked for a lover PT last time. Which was already mentioned.

Can you explain why you think this is going to be useful?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:18 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 108, Vex Vience wrote:rm, do you agree or disagree with their t-bone vote then as well?
Kerset voting T-bone
this game
is not something I agree to, no. However, I don't 'not understand it' either, since Kerset seems to townread Ana by default it would seem (or is portraying that) so by Counterclaim-logic, it follows.

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Vex Vience »

last game, ana/kerset didn't discuss anything related to play, just flirting. you and rm discussed the setup and how to approach it. me and bambi discussed the setup and how to approach it.
scum didn't discuss anything related to play. town did.
especially with a re-roll, i think that the same pattern of town discussing play and whatnot and scum not/withholding that information would be true.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Vex Vience »

this game - rm/ana have discussed mechanical stuff. klick/t-bone have discussed mechanical stuff. you/kerset didn't. why?

#CultsArentBastard
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 am

Post by RationalMadman »

we didn't discuss mechanical stuff, this setup has nothing mechanical about it.

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 81, Kerset wrote:Bingle said that reroll happened, because town lovers were able to cross confirm themselves. I said that mafia also had lover chat, so it shouldn't happen. He still argued but i dislike to talk with him, so we just ended up with 3 posts in total.
In post 47, Klick wrote:I began our lovers chat with a riveting conversation with T-Bone about the achievement goal theory of motivation. I wasn't expecting much other than '???' in response, but to my surprise, he responded with meaningful consideration of my points and proposed an alternative to the ideas I set forth in my initial post. I told him this caught me off guard and that if he was actually knowledgeable about the subject, he was probably going to realise that I only like 30% knew what I was talking about. Then he admitted that he had just googled 'achievement motivation theory' and used that to respond to me, and that he wasn't interested in talking about that anymore. Could've fooled me tbh! Then I said I thought we'd have an easy enough time showing that we're town, and the true challenge here would be solving between the three VTs. And before we got further in our chat the game started.
In post 72, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 39, Vex Vience wrote:also once again, lovers please surmize your entire pt for us
Anastasia basically was posting about last game and nonsense in reply to me but she did agree with me one some things.

At first I asked who she was scum with since she mentioned that at the start, I was shocked she was scum but I didn't chat that much.

After she mentioned about how much she misses Kerset, I posted that I probably can't read Vex (you) and Bambi very well and also that I was curious if she knew some tells Kerset has, to which she replied with 2 sad gifs, such as the one she posted and this:

She didn't actually post many songs at all, she posted the 'almost lover' song though. I think she is essentially just trying to troll me.

One thing she did reply to and agreed with me is that Llama is very difficult to read, though what she replied to was me asking her how to read Llama since I didn't seem to understand what he did that was scummy (except overplaying his position of towniness and demanding we vote in VTs instead of Lovers knowing full well that he'd win the vote-off as things were then, which I said in the game).

I also said that I think I can read Bingle somewhat well and it comes down to the quality of Bingle's questions most likely as well as the logic used, though I don't think Anastasia was paying attention to most things I posted at all.
you discussed how to play/approach the game, which is mechanical stuff for me.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Vex Vience »

ignore all those quotes as well, i was gonna quote them into my notes pt, but i forgot i quoted them. i can just bring them up now though

#CultsArentBastard
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Bingle »

Counterpoint: We've already discussed the setup and how to play and there's no real reason to rehash that.

Literally everything that is mechanically relevant to the game is something no one has a need to discuss. If you had a lover would you have gone over whether claiming lovers was optimal with them this time around?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Vex Vience »

i would've discussed the flips and how i approach reading this game this time

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Vex Vience »

just because we discussed lover claims doesn't mean there isn't something else that could've been discussed.

#CultsArentBastard

Return to “Completed Open Games”