Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Briar »

Sidenote I really wanna run/play some geriatric games soon.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1592, Briar wrote:In general I think you're a good player, honestly. And everyone was playing better mafia that game than I was; the game I played was something wholly different.
I want to be a good player but I feel like I often fall short. I enjoy the challenge of playing scum but I feel like I struggle to maintain an authentic tone most of the time. Like I said if you actually go back and look at me there I don't think I'm anything like this game.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1598, unwnd wrote:Absin I owe you less belly-aching so I'll get around to that

I would just like to hope that you (and everyone else) consider what I have to say

I feel sometimes I break my own style down like this because I worry nobody wants to read my walls lol
Gate will be the last to flip so your alignment will be known by then.

Your walls absolutely will get read and strongly considered if you're town.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1596, Briar wrote:I dunno, maybe it's because that's a part of why I'm scumreading you right now and I'm sensitive to it, but it just feels like you keep saying that you're feeling that kind of way as if to... make yourself seem real? IDK. I think the frustration is real but it's not because you're frustrated town but scum in this position instead, and you're portraying it like town frustration.

p-edit: I think it's honest but I think you might be framing it a certain way.
I feel what I feel regardless of alignment. I don't think you being cautious of my takes is something that frustrates me. I like your objectiveness in this area. It's like I've mentioned before--not being given an honest shot when it comes to my logic is what tilts me the most
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by absinthe »

I thought there were some random players in this player list and they turned out to be alts.

This is a *good* game. better than I anticipated.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by catboi »

With regard to Infinity making gestures about voting: I'll believe it when I see it. As of right now to me it's like a dance game: scum can claim they're considering leaving all they like, but as doing so loses the game for them, they can't actually pull the trigger. It's similar with voting here: Scum will never do it because it's anti-wincon, but if they're in this position and not being townread their only option is feint at doing so and hope that maaybe someone starts having doubts.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1603, unwnd wrote:
In post 1596, Briar wrote:I dunno, maybe it's because that's a part of why I'm scumreading you right now and I'm sensitive to it, but it just feels like you keep saying that you're feeling that kind of way as if to... make yourself seem real? IDK. I think the frustration is real but it's not because you're frustrated town but scum in this position instead, and you're portraying it like town frustration.

I feel what I feel regardless of alignment. I don't think you being cautious of my takes is something that frustrates me. I like your objectiveness in this area. It's like I've mentioned before--not being given an honest shot when it comes to my logic is what tilts me the most
Help me solve Gate?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1604, absinthe wrote:I thought there were some random players in this player list and they turned out to be alts.

You always have to watch out for the secret weeaboo alts ♡ฅ(ᐤˊ꒳ฅˋᐤ♪)
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1606, absinthe wrote:
In post 1603, unwnd wrote:

Help me solve Gate?
Next big post of mine

I'll muster the strength to just commit
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1526, Marashu wrote:Deadline: 8 days, 23 hours, 26 minutes.
I think we should have a decent time table setup so that we can have time in case one of our preliminary assumptions is wrong.

I'm proposing this:

6 Days left in Deadline: We resolve Keep.

3 Days left in Deadline: We resolve Wall.

We can maybe go over by a bit but I don't think it would be wise to stray too far over?

let me know if there's something I'm missing or this is wrong?
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by Briar »

I think that works?

Currently I feel myself beginning to stagnate and I’ll try to avoid getting lazy and tunnel-y.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Briar »

Also, hm.

I think we should try? To resolve the Gate first because there’s higher odds of hitting scum in there than the Wall, right? If absinthe feels confident enough at least I think we could just win like that.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Briar »

(That assumes a Keep townpoint because I don’t forsee this one getting messed up.)
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1611, Briar wrote:Also, hm.

I think we should try? To resolve the Gate first because there’s higher odds of hitting scum in there than the Wall, right? If absinthe feels confident enough at least I think we could just win like that.
I'm kind of thinking Keep -> Wall - > Gate.

If Keep fails then Wall/Gate need to get completely redone in terms of the assumptions that we've made.

I really don't think Keep will fail.

I think holding gate last allows the IC to have the most influence over the entirety of the game.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Briar »

I see your point. :> I was just getting greedy for an insta-win.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I have a lot of faith in unwnd!town to solve the gate correctly, so that's why I want the wall to turn over prior to the Gate.

because if I'm wrong about unwnd, then having his solve be legitimized prior to Gate decision would be massively +EV I Feel for the town.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1607, catboi wrote:
In post 1604, absinthe wrote:I thought there were some random players in this player list and they turned out to be alts.

I think I just need more data from you. You've posted less than any other player and a lot of your posts are in catch-up mode.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I think a large part of why I scumread Unwnd is that I feel a lot of his play this game has been driven by a desire to preserve his own life rather than to adequately solve for the game.

And that's just a product of game design. If Keep is definitely won for the town, then Scum!Unwnd can't die at the wall, if he does then his team will lose the game and it will not matter how convincing the case he makes for the gate is, that case will not matter because the game is over.

For town!unwnd however, if he is the victim of a mis-elim at the wall, it still matters a great deal that he get the correct solution for the gate, because that solution can play a large part in determining whether the town wins or loses the game.

So when I see him fustrated with the game state and not really solving for the gate, I feel he's more likely scum than town as town!him has motivations that scum!him simply can't replicate if he feels his slot is doomed.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1616, absinthe wrote:
In post 1607, catboi wrote:

I think I just need more data from you. You've posted less than any other player and a lot of your posts are in catch-up mode.
I...wow. I didn't realize I was lagging that hard. I mean, I know I'm behind but I didn't think there was such a volume gap. I can't really help it though, I only have time to post during the evenings right now. Maybe I can do a deep dive on the weekend.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1393, unwnd wrote:Just saying please reconsider regardless of Infinity's flip my innocence

I do my taxes on time and feed the hungry on weekends. I also once saved a bunch of children from a burning orphanage

How could you not townread me
In post 1396, unwnd wrote:I see so you hate children and poor people
This is so tonally at odds with his posts before and after this
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by catboi »

Honestly I hope ana's just right about unwnd and I don't have to spend a bunch of time proving myself though
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1421, absinthe wrote:
In post 1388, Briar wrote:Speaking of votes: when is the best time for us to flip? Assuming Keep first is still the preferred move — the other groups will be harder to resolve but I don’t know when it’s best to give up our presence vs. confirmed flips.
I want your and anastasia's thoughts about the Gate (catboi vs S_S as town) for my own sake, and of course ALL the thoughts about the Wall in case I screw up the Gate.

I have more of a handle on S_S's towngame. I played twice(?) with catboi in 2013-2014. I haven't gone back to look at those games, but iirc in one he was town and in the other he was scum (and ironically I replaced into an IC slot). I feel like meta that stale is probably not all that useful. I've spectated a couple games that town-catboi played and I feel like there's a lot of alignment ambiguity in his town game.
Oh god, I have no memory of those games at all, but I'm sure they're incredibly cringe and should never be looked at
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Marashu »

Official Vote Count 2.04

Gatecatboi (0):
Something_Smart (0):
absinthe (0):
Not Voting (3): catboi, Something_Smart, absinthe

Wallunwnd (0):
Lukewarm (0):
Dunnstral (0):
Not Voting (3): unwnd, Lukewarm, Dunnstral

KeepBriar (0):
Anastasia (0):
Infinity 324(0):
Not Voting (3): Briar, Anastasia, Infinity 324

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-05-22 23:00:54).

Mod notes:
You may only vote within your location
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1422, Something_Smart wrote:Gate last still feels like common sense to me. If we win the Gate, we likely win the game, and I have very little faith in us winning Wall.
Wait, weren't you saying you think unwnd is scum? And now both Lukewarm and Dunn FOS him? Why would you say you have little faith in us winning there?

Is this a perspective slip?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by catboi »

Like seriously, someone back me up here: How does that post make any sense from a town POV who is scumreading unwnd?

Return to “Completed Open Games”