Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Vex Vience »

sort me and bambi then, why don’t you? i know you gave reasoning, but i havent read it since work
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

Well on the last page bottom he put me above you so there's that.

It's just literally one of us has to be good from his perspective. Or both if he's evil.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:40 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Well im working that out, probably going to be a Vex vote as to a certain extent hesitancy (decent part of Bambi-scum read) can be a playstyle tell but I need to go back and read again. Would have definently preferred it if either of you did something I could call town though.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

I claimed VT. That's pretty townie.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:46 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 330, Bambi Jay wrote:I claimed VT. That's pretty townie.
Lets try this question (actually if everyone can answer it I would appreciate)...

Why do you think there are wagons on both sides of the Kers/Bingle wagon and the TBone/Klick wagon? Is this any sort of a tell for the people voting or impact your opinion on those two slots?

Because its really bothering me and im trying to figure out why.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:48 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

For lack of a better word its inefficient and maybe an excuse to avoid voting town who does get picked off.

Like if you want Player A who is a lover with Player B dead... Player B has two votes and A has none... why vote A?
Co-host of The USL Show
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

Plus this game and last I have said I preferred solving the Pairs first but last time you complained about your vote and opinion not mattering then. So I didn't wanna upset you or others.

Will answer other question when I sit down.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:56 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Its more of a matter of no need to intentionally force yourself into a certain hole. I dont care who I see as best pick as scum, that is who is getting my vote. VT or Lover claim. We need scum on both sides dead.
Co-host of The USL Show
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Kerset »

Vex Vience wrote:sort me and bambi then, why don’t you? i know you gave reasoning, but i havent read it since work
In post 324, LlamaFluff wrote:Its annoying that my two strongest scum reads are not in different pools. Feel very confident though that its exactly one of "Vex or Kers/Bingle" though. Will try and get a little more situated over the weekend (full catchup probably Sunday after getting shot #2) but im heavily leaning to a Vex vote right now.
giv me pagetop :(
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 332, LlamaFluff wrote:For lack of a better word its inefficient and maybe an excuse to avoid voting town who does get picked off.

Like if you want Player A who is a lover with Player B dead... Player B has two votes and A has none... why vote A?
Who's this referring too first of all?
LlamaFluff wrote:
Lets try this question (actually if everyone can answer it I would appreciate)...

Why do you think there are wagons on both sides of the Kers/Bingle wagon and the TBone/Klick wagon? Is this any sort of a tell for the people voting or impact your opinion on those two slots?

well with lovers it doesn't matter who you vote to elim since they both die? When the time to kill comes the votes will consolidate on one. I guess rn we're voting who we think is the scummier one of the pair. It's too say their main problem is with that person in particular.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 320, Kerset wrote:
In post 290, Kerset wrote:
In post 280, Bambi Jay wrote:Though rereading Tbone and Klick made me realize we got the same wavelength with them mostly.
In post 288, Bambi Jay wrote:Tbone and Klick are actually being proactive AND townie.
Quotes please
giv me pagetop :(
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 303, RationalMadman wrote:Kerset and Bingle because I really think Bingle slipped saying Mason Thread and in general is being far more AtE than last game.

This ignores everything scummy about Klick and Tbone as well as that Kerset is towntelling in later posts.
The mason thing is so dumb considering nearly everyone is backing Bingle in that convo LOL
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 336, Bambi Jay wrote:
In post 332, LlamaFluff wrote:For lack of a better word its inefficient and maybe an excuse to avoid voting town who does get picked off.

Who's this referring too first of all?
Anyone. Thats my confusion point. There seems to be a lot of people who are interested in two different pairs, but the votes arent at all consolidating and im not sure if its intentional or people dont actually realize what they are doing.
LlamaFluff wrote:

well with lovers it doesn't matter who you vote to elim since they both die? When the time to kill comes the votes will consolidate on one. I guess rn we're voting who we think is the scummier one of the pair. It's too say their main problem is with that person in particular.
Again... thats the confusing part. Lets say I think Player A is scum with no votes, but player B is their lover at at E-2.... im voting Player B. Essentially im looking at each lover pair as a hydra where both heads post. Just vote whoever has more votes. Wondering why people are not doing that, again it seems inefficient or being afraid to be called scum for doing so. For instance if I was going to vote one of Kers/Bingle, I would just look for who had the most votes, not which of the two I saw as more likely scum as they are guaranteed to share an alignment.
Co-host of The USL Show
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 334, LlamaFluff wrote:Its more of a matter of no need to intentionally force yourself into a certain hole. I dont care who I see as best pick as scum, that is who is getting my vote. VT or Lover claim. We need scum on both sides dead.
I actually prefer vanilla unless I have a
very strong
scumread in lovers, which last game I thought I did. The reason is that it's safer to lose 1 Townie as a voice and vote than 2, think about the butterfly effect of the loss on the next day phase for Town. This is something I told Bingle in our chat that I think I didn't mention in last game's public description of our thread, I also said it's safer as a lover even more so because a miselimination is devastating and basically coinflips your victory (actually it's worse if you were the one pushing on the wrong elimination). Bingle did agree to that but said I only think that because I was a lover (I say 'was' of course it was 'am' in that situation).

In reality, I'd think this even as a vanilla and unfortunately, last game didn't get me to stay true to that ethos in practise because I was under extreme pressure from the get-go and scumread Vex and Bambi very strongly.

I also don't understand your question about the bandwagons, seems like stating the obvious to me. It's a primary reason I'm against rushing this vote-off since if it goes wrong we have absolutely no reads in the vanillas (or we didn't, now we're beginning to).

That being said, I scumread Bambi over you at this point. I am confused about the bandwagons as well, it makes no sense to be splitting votes inside a lover pair.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 307, Bingle wrote:You're scumreading me for not having talked reads in the pt. You're townreading TBone for not having talked reads in the pt but for having shut down an offtopic conversation because clearly he wanted to talk about game relevant topics in the limited time he had, despite Klick's summation showing literally 0 desire on his part to, y'know, talk about reads in the PT.
I'm quoting this from Bingle because I agree with Bingle that this is literally the dumbest thing to base a read off of.

Let me clear the air, I shut down an off topic conversation cause I didn't feel like putting in the effort for another response, not because I wanted to talk game stuff. There was no game stuff to talk beyond acknowledging how right I was in game 1 (which I did).

The idea that the lovers would talk about reads pre-game is dumb because there is literally nothing to base reads on since the game hasn't started.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by T-Bone »

So if you're scumreading Bingle and townreading me based on that nonsense.... maybe you're giving a fake read, bruh.

Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

It's a principal vote my dude. It doesn't have to make sense. We just vote the scummiest guy not regarding the pairing.

Besides, maybe it's just me, but I don't want the game going super quick getting to E1 yet.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 338, T-Bone wrote:
In post 303, RationalMadman wrote:Kerset and Bingle because I really think Bingle slipped saying Mason Thread and in general is being far more AtE than last game.

This ignores everything scummy about Klick and Tbone as well as that Kerset is towntelling in later posts.
The mason thing is so dumb considering nearly everyone is backing Bingle in that convo LOL
Everyone backing him has no impact on something being a slip or not. If everyone thinks a flower is a bicycle and my victory chance is increased by pointing out that it's actually a flower, I will do so. If everyone still ignores what I point out and allows the 'tell' or 'slip' to become negated, I will accept that too.

I even accept that the error could be made as either alignment, however I don't like how Bingle denies it was a mistake nor has Bingle replied to me explaining why he never ever called it a mason thread before in this or last game until that point.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 325, LlamaFluff wrote:Scum - Vex, Bambi
:thinking:

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 344, RationalMadman wrote:

Everyone backing him has no impact on something being a slip or not. If everyone thinks a flower is a bicycle and my victory chance is increased by pointing out that it's actually a flower, I will do so. If everyone still ignores what I point out and allows the 'tell' or 'slip' to become negated, I will accept that too.

I even accept that the error could be made as either alignment, however I don't like how Bingle denies it was a mistake nor has Bingle replied to me explaining why he never ever called it a mason thread before in this or last game until that point.
Because........

Its

Not

A

Mistake

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by T-Bone »

The dishonesty towards Bingle is actively making him look town, and to this point, I thought his pair was the scum pair.

Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

Rational literally can't comprehend figures of speech or jokes Tbone. That's an irrational idea.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 346, T-Bone wrote:
In post 344, RationalMadman wrote:

Because........

Its

Not

A

Mistake
Why has he not called it a mason thread at all until that point?

Return to “Completed Open Games”