absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1817, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1791, absinthe wrote:This is interesting because it's positing a decision between me vs Anastasia as the IC as opposed to Briar. TMI?
My thinking was that Anastasia was likely to vote for something_smart while I wasn't sure what the intention of swapping you in would be
The TMI was in not considering that town-Briar was a likely swap given she was basically a UTR.

(hollow laugh regarding anastasia's worries about MY ability to be townread as scum)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1819, absinthe wrote:
In post 1816, Something_Smart wrote:I mean if it's WIFOM either way then what makes it masterclass distancing but just regular scum play if it's S -> T

I really don't understand that. Like yes it was good scum play by her and yes it was probably excessive, but why was it more excessive/more risky if catboi is scum? If anything it seems like it makes MORE sense S/S because they're trying to make interactions that look genuine... but ultimately yes it is WIFOM.
Assuming you're town, then you're looking at that interaction knowing that catboi is scum.

I can't do that. I have to look at it from both perspectives. It didn't ring false when I read it originally -- it read like real thoughts she was having about his play. Looking at it from the now-perspective, I know it's false from her side, but it still doesn't spew catboi as either alignment to me.

Thanks for your case. I've read it and I'm cogitating.
Catboi wanted the keep flipped first.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by unwnd »

Dunn I don't remember you giving many specific reads at all honestly

Why are you trying to champion being right on Briar, and if that's the case

Why did you just let what happened, happen

You could've gone Keep?
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1826, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1816, Something_Smart wrote:I mean if it's WIFOM either way then what makes it masterclass distancing but just regular scum play if it's S -> T

I really don't understand that. Like yes it was good scum play by her and yes it was probably excessive, but why was it more excessive/more risky if catboi is scum? If anything it seems like it makes MORE sense S/S because they're trying to make interactions that look genuine... but ultimately yes it is WIFOM.
Assuming you're town, then you're looking at that interaction knowing that catboi is scum.

I can't do that. I have to look at it from both perspectives. It didn't ring false when I read it originally -- it read like real thoughts she was having about his play. Looking at it from the now-perspective, I know it's false from her side, but it still doesn't spew catboi as either alignment to me.

He did. and?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1124, Something_Smart wrote:How's this for a towntell

If I'm scum then we had six options and this seems like the literal worst one. Not only would we have chosen me over Infinity to try to carry the Gate, but we would have picked the IC to be someone who has demolished scum-me before and whose towngame I respect immensely. I don't know who Briar and Ana are but I highly doubt that I would be more scared of them as scum than I would be of ffery.
Here is what I was working with when I asked about Ana being swapped

S_S was saying they wouldn't have picked Absinthe to be swapped
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

And briar is somebody who I believed would listen to other people as well, rather than make a personal call
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1828, absinthe wrote:

He did. and?
So you're putting too much faith in briar-catboi interactions not looking scum aligned when he could have been banking on that
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1827, unwnd wrote:Dunn I don't remember you giving many specific reads at all honestly

Why are you trying to champion being right on Briar, and if that's the case

Why did you just let what happened, happen

You could've gone Keep?
What are you talking about?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by unwnd »

Keep wasn't locked in before you voted right? Isn't that why Infinity got dumped there?
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by unwnd »

There's nothing in the rules that implies that scum couldn't have two people preemptively in a minigame and [i[then[/i] switch overnight. I promised not to go too far into this but

I think they were afraid of making sudden movements, and I still can't really conclude the reason why you went wall
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I've talked extensively about why I picked why to go into the wall
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Are you mixing up the keep and the gate?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by unwnd »

I don't think the decision was yours if you're scum though, so that reason is invalid. You came in here to claim some sort of 'oh I knew all along' when it came to Briar, and then when I asked why you didn't just go to the Keep you couldn't say anything.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1836, Dunnstral wrote:Are you mixing up the keep and the gate?
No? I don't think so. Keep is third and had an open spot didn't it?
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 517, Dunnstral wrote:Which means that townies shouldn't yeet themselves into the keep right now as it can make a sort of easy win turn much harder
I didn't fully trust ana and expected briar to be swapped out, and wouldn't know who to vote for (other than myself, which I'd suspect others would be unlikely to vote for if I jumped into the keep)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1833, unwnd wrote:Keep wasn't locked in before you voted right? Isn't that why Infinity got dumped there?
O.o
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1022, absinthe wrote:Not going to accept that as a townslip.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:12 pm

But I DID accept your townslip...
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:13 pm

Though I do think unwnd is more likely to slip that way as scum than Dunn?

unwnd how hands-on are you usually in decisions as scum
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1831, Dunnstral wrote:

He did. and?
So you're putting too much faith in briar-catboi interactions not looking scum aligned when he could have been banking on that
How does that follow from Catboi wanting the keep flipped first.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1844, absinthe wrote:

He did. and?
It reveals briar as scum so you then look at her iso first
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1845, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1844, absinthe wrote:

He did. and?
It reveals briar as scum so you then look at her iso first
I am looking at interactions with her, for the most part. If I knew her playstyle better, I'd be more willing to dive into her iso and try to make something of her own posts. But, I don't. So I'm more interested in how other players interacted with known scum. And I'm feeling very "there but for the devices of scum, go I", in that if I weren't IC'd I am pretty sure that people could rake through my interactions with Briar and find some ah has.

----------------

I'm probably keeping my cards a little too close to my vest right now, but I'm very much in data acquisition mode.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1843, Something_Smart wrote:Though I do think unwnd is more likely to slip that way as scum than Dunn?

unwnd how hands-on are you usually in decisions as scum
I'm not sure what you're asking me?
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:25 pm

How much would you have tried to help your scumteam decide what actions to take? (in this case, it would be who to swap and who to confirm as town)
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by unwnd »

No, I try to be more inquisitive when it comes to how we would treat the other players outside of mechanics.
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”