Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1867, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1865, unwnd wrote:
Thing is, I'm not scum, and my vote likely did not matter there, true
That's what I've been arguing this whole time Dunn

So why did you keep bringing it up as if cleared you...
I didn't

I brought up that your solve was weird if you're assuming infinity/s_s/me are all scum who hadn't picked at the end, and you didn't really engage with that
Alright the full solve was wrong but it was never based on partner interaction

You lean Catboi over S_S right? For Ydra's partner
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1875, unwnd wrote:
In post 1867, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1865, unwnd wrote:
Thing is, I'm not scum, and my vote likely did not matter there, true
That's what I've been arguing this whole time Dunn

So why did you keep bringing it up as if cleared you...
I didn't

I brought up that your solve was weird if you're assuming infinity/s_s/me are all scum who hadn't picked at the end, and you didn't really engage with that
Alright the full solve was wrong but it was never based on partner interaction

You lean Catboi over S_S right? For Ydra's partner
The point was your solve was wonky but it felt like you were brushing that aside and powering through anyway

And yes, I lean Catboi
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1873, Dunnstral wrote:No, I'm trying to explain that 1150 wasn't "TMI"
What looks like TMI was not considering Briar as an IC swap.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by unwnd »

Yes it was very stubborn because I felt alone with my thoughts

To some extent, I still do
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1874, Dunnstral wrote:I believe you ended up as the IC so briar could win the keep, and it's null for cat/ss
What was the stuff about my playstyle about, then?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1877, absinthe wrote:
In post 1873, Dunnstral wrote:No, I'm trying to explain that 1150 wasn't "TMI"
What looks like TMI was not considering Briar as an IC swap.
Right, and I'm trying to explain that post led to me talking about anastasia, because I believed it was worth considering why anastasia wasn't sent over if s_s was town, considering anastasia was pretty tunneled in her solve.

I didn't mention briar because for what I was thinking about, you and briar were interchangeable: neither of you were tunneled on either catboi or s_s. So the question was solely why anastasia wasn't moved over. Does that make sense?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1869, absinthe wrote:
In post 1857, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1852, absinthe wrote:
Spoiler: Luke
Do you remember how frazzled, out of sorts, contradictory and volatile my stances were during the last 48 hours of the Newbie Day 2?
Spoiler: Absinthe
Yeah. Do you remember how overwhelmed I was by the end of the last day of the Newbie game? Thats kinda where I am again. Like, I get caught up on the thread, but before I can really process, there are 2 more pages of posts. Rinse and repeat.

and it doesn't help that I think I am in too many games atm. I decided to try playing 2 games at once, but then another newbie asked me specifically to join a game with them because they were afraid of leaving the newbie queue for the first time without someone they had played with before, and I didnot want to be the reason they disappeared from the site, so now I am in 3 games and they all keep moving, and I'm just like aaaaaaaaaa
This game moves in fits and starts. Hopefully you're not feeling like you need to address every single thing this time.

I used to play a lot of games simultaneously. it can be done. and night phases are a nice break! (don't sign up for another game just because things go slack for a couple of days, though!)

I wanted to point up this: I'm kinda getting a similar vibe from unwnd to how I felt like my posts were coming off in that newbie game.
I lowkey love this little side conversation we are having while they are arguing around us. Like we are just writing letters back and forth to one another lol

But yeah, I get that same energy too. Like in that game you felt like you were showing up to fight an uphill battle, because your slot was being hard accused of being scum before you ever even entered the game (and then
someone
was tunneling you the whole time) :oops: :oops: . And like, I get that same energy from Unwnd this game.
But honestly, it really confuses me because from his pov, he should feel like he is going to win our mini game if I am townreading him, but it feels like he is constantly approaching the conversation as thought he is in this giant uphill battle, despite me having stated that I was leaning more towards him being town over Dunn. Like I am finding it hard to get into his head for why he would be feeling the way that he is given the game state. Especially so when we all assumed we were winning the Keep
And not being able to get into his head is the only reason I have started doubting my TR on him.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1879, absinthe wrote:
In post 1874, Dunnstral wrote:I believe you ended up as the IC so briar could win the keep, and it's null for cat/ss
I didn't know that briar was mafia at the time. I was asking you so you'd think about (and so I could think about) why you would be sent over and what that means for catboi/s_s alignments; this comes out while I'm thinking about post
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1881, Lukewarm wrote:
Do you remember how frazzled, out of sorts, contradictory and volatile my stances were during the last 48 hours of the Newbie Day 2?
Yeah. Do you remember how overwhelmed I was by the end of the last day of the Newbie game? Thats kinda where I am again. Like, I get caught up on the thread, but before I can really process, there are 2 more pages of posts. Rinse and repeat.

and it doesn't help that I think I am in too many games atm. I decided to try playing 2 games at once, but then another newbie asked me specifically to join a game with them because they were afraid of leaving the newbie queue for the first time without someone they had played with before, and I didnot want to be the reason they disappeared from the site, so now I am in 3 games and they all keep moving, and I'm just like aaaaaaaaaa
This game moves in fits and starts. Hopefully you're not feeling like you need to address every single thing this time.

I used to play a lot of games simultaneously. it can be done. and night phases are a nice break! (don't sign up for another game just because things go slack for a couple of days, though!)

I wanted to point up this: I'm kinda getting a similar vibe from unwnd to how I felt like my posts were coming off in that newbie game.
I lowkey love this little side conversation we are having while they are arguing around us. Like we are just writing letters back and forth to one another lol

But yeah, I get that same energy too. Like in that game you felt like you were showing up to fight an uphill battle, because your slot was being hard accused of being scum before you ever even entered the game (and then
someone
was tunneling you the whole time) :oops: :oops: . And like, I get that same energy from Unwnd this game.
But honestly, it really confuses me because from his pov, he should feel like he is going to win our mini game if I am townreading him, but it feels like he is constantly approaching the conversation as thought he is in this giant uphill battle, despite me having stated that I was leaning more towards him being town over Dunn. Like I am finding it hard to get into his head for why he would be feeling the way that he is given the game state. Especially so when we all assumed we were winning the Keep
And not being able to get into his head is the only reason I have started doubting my TR on him.
What is there you want me to ask? Outside of why I was worried you were scumreading me

Just ignore it, I know it sounds difficult but do it

I want to reset
Stop
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1786, absinthe wrote:
Wall:
Unwnd (1), Luke (5), Dunn (7)
Keep:
Briar (2), Ana (3), absinthe (6)
Gate:
catboi (4), Something_Special (8), infinity

I guess my question is why scum-Dunn would wait until almost too late to lock into the Wall.
In post 513, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 322, Briar wrote:Thinking a bit, in a perfect world I think my groups right now would look like this:

Gate: Absinthe/Anastasia/Catboi
Wall: Unwnd/Dunnstral/Something_Smart
Keep: Briar/Lukewarm/Infinity

I think Unwnd/Infinity are interchangeable for the last two, but the Gate group would resolve a few of my reads? Like, confirming whether or not absinthe/Ana is T/T or T/S (because if it's S/S What The Fuck) would be important to me, and also it'd be nice if that was the case because I haven't gotten anything really Good from catboi yet and seeing whether or not he was confirmed would be cool. (This is also the assumption that the mafia would make the conversation between the former keep on going to the death? I think? Like there's already some uh, doubts between absinthe/Ana that they've vocalized so duh mafia preys on that.) This is the group with maximum WIFOM fuckery though so I worry that I'd get snowed pretty fast were mafia to divert from this but I'm gonna assume they'd play it sort of straightforward despite me talking about all this stuff out loud.

For the wall group, that's honestly the group where I'm like... could be any alignment, and I wouldn't be too surprised? I lean town on unwnd, actually, I townread unwnd now that I think about it a little bit just from how he's been playing even if I was questioning the 'why' he was trying to be so... diplomatic? I guess? It doesn't feel slimy like he's trying to placate people so much as just... figure shit out, so far. Which is nice. The latter two I have less experience with and in general don't find easy reads, so resolving that is a bit out of my paygrade. I am curious still about S_S's guess on me and why it bothered him, because he didn't say anything about it more and while I appreciate him not outting it for fear it's correct, it's a little... IDK. I guess my expectation was that he'd engage me even if my reply to him was very silly, because if it's something he was worrying about a bit he'd attempt to resolve it somehow.

And the last group, I Am Town, Luke has felt good so far and I do think that like, while he's not new to the site, the format itself is something he's still adjusting to and trying to keep up as mafia while in a group playing the Townie Pageant Game would probably be hell for him. If he's town he feels like he's the safest vote for us to pick and if he's scum he'll probably slip or something and we just vote either myself or Infinity if she's in here with us, and it's easy from there on.

As for order of who we let stay first, I think that (in the little world I am creating here) I'd let Wall > Keep > Gate do their votes? Actually, uh, probably Keep first now that I am thinking about it because if we're all voting for townreads and this is somehow the group that gets messed up and votes mafia, it'd be important to reset assuming we'd placed at that point a decent amount of trust into their reads. The IC should stick around as long as needed to dictate everything obviously, but now that I'm working through it I am very much into the Keep going first unless we all collectively agree one person is /disgustingly/ townie (sidenote: hey I'm the disgustingly townie one lol) and wanna see their reads or something pending a Wall-flip.

My brain is not functioning after typing this. Please enjoy.
This is a lot of wrong.

What we do isn't locked in, it depends on everyone's location and who gets swapped. We should probably solve one of the swapped groups first. Probably the IC group or the keep group if applicable, because those are the easier groups for town.

Wall group should go last, it is the hardest for town.

I don't think that wall grouping is a good idea but that's just my opinion
In post 514, Dunnstral wrote:The
Gate
is where we should have/should put the towniest members, for obvious reasons, except for 1 person we are voting at the keep
In post 515, Dunnstral wrote:I don't want to tell the scumteam how to play but it's pretty obvious they're going to send briar into the gate and then ic her
The three posts above, I feel like Dunn doesn't post this if he's scum with Briar.
In post 705, Dunnstral wrote:If Briar and Anastasia are both town, Why doesn't anybody care/want to be in the keep? Shouldn't mafia want to put a member in there so they can swap more effectively?
Prescient.
I could see someone arguing those posts by Dunn wwere TMI, but I agree with you, I don't think he risks undermining Briar by making those posts
In post 1789, absinthe wrote:If you had voted yourself in to the Keep, I would most likely would have immediately voted the Gate.

I am idly wondering how that would have played out. We might have wound up both in the Gate, with you the likely IC.

A scenario like that was why I thought I would be a decent player to go to the Gate. In fact, the recollection of a newbie game where I replaced into a town slot at 5P ELO with 2 confirmed town was why the Gate was my second choice. The way I chose to play that situation worked pretty well as the unconfirmed town in ELO.

Neither Catboi nor S_S began day 2 here the way I approached that game, which is curious, but <idiosyncratic player>.
I mean, the thing is, it's strictly _not_ like an ELO where I know who is confirmed scum to me and my only option is to argue to vote them and not me - there are other locations and I feel like the best way to make myself readable as town is hunting in those - going after s_s there at the start of the day would have just been me flinging mud and not producing anything useful where the least I could do was
try
to sort the players at the wall
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1791, absinthe wrote:Does this read like a bus? I'm just going to say it. I feel like S_S is less likely to bus a strong partner than catboi is. The way thoughts were going earlier, I expected the Gate to go after the Keep. Was I that offbase?
In this situation? I don't see why not. If in his judgment unwnd is less likely to win he doesn't have a choice. They only need to win one place and scum almost always try to bifurcate the game at ELO - split the game into two halves, make them seem unaligned, guarantee that if one flips the other is likely to succeed. It's practically the expected play.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1882, Dunnstral wrote:
I didn't know that briar was mafia at the time. I was asking you so you'd think about (and so I could think about) why you would be sent over and what that means for catboi/s_s alignments; this comes out while I'm thinking about post
And you thought that I would be inclined to follow other players' reads?

That was the part that caught my attention when I first read the post (and I also thought Briar was town).
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1886, absinthe wrote:

That was the part that caught my attention when I first read the post (and I also thought Briar was town).
Yes, I did think that, but I also asked you
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1887, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1886, absinthe wrote:

Yes, I did think that, but I also asked you
I'm surprised you have that impression of my playstyle, but it probably comes down to the games we've played? I think I've mostly been in a hydra in our games.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1883, unwnd wrote:

someone
What is there you want me to ask? Outside of why I was worried you were scumreading me

Just ignore it, I know it sounds difficult but do it

I want to reset
I guess I am just confused by the way you handled the Day, prior to the Keep flip.

Like, everyone assumed we were winning the Keep (turns out I mean everyone, town and scum :dead: )

So I feel like from your PoV, the goal should be "we just need to win one more." So hopefully we win the wall, sure, but I feel like an equally valid strategy was for you to solve the gate. But then it seemed like you were avoiding it.

And like, you seemed particularly bothered by both Catboi and S_S scum reading you
In post 1218, unwnd wrote: For both of you to think I'm scum it basically becomes 'oh great, I have to appeal to someone who is just trying to get me killed and someone who just misunderstands me' lol
And its like. No... you actually don't. The only person from the Gate you need to listen to you is Absinthe. Catboi and S_S are crossvoting, and absinthe is hammering 100% of the time. And the only person you really need to convince at the Wall is me, becuase it seems like we are heading towards the two of you cross-voting and me being the hammer on the Wall. Win or lose, their read on you does not matter AT ALL.

And it just feels like, if you are town, then you should have been focused on working with me and absinthe, but you weren't. Absinthe had to ask you multiple times to help her solve the Gate, and Ana also told you multiple times that you should focus on solving the game, and then you finally said you were going to, and then you came out with . It is 5 paragraph's long, and like less then 1 of those paragraphs was actually trying to solve the Gate.

And you had so many posts in Day 2 before you spit that out. Like looking at your Iso numbers, that was your post 256, and actually your 110th post since the start of Day 2.

So from my PoV, town!Unwnd should have been thinking you your goals were to work with Absinthe to solve the gate and to convince Luke (maybe Dunn if you thought I was scum) that you are town. And if you could acomplish either of those, then you win! But then you spent 109 posts that don't feel like you are working towards either goal.

I am just trying to figure out your head space during those 100+ posts.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by absinthe »

someone
If I were in max insomnia mode this would game would be killing me and I'd probably be struggling as much or more than I did in the newbie game. the minigames all happening at once makes a lot of additional info to process, follow and keep in memory. I had to resort to sticky notes for a while, just so I could read a post without having to search back through the thread for key info related to it.

When I'm scum, I actually find it easier to keep mental track of the critical-to-me info -- how each player appears to be reading me, my teammates, each other; which stances look like they're changing or could change; and my own stances and how I think I want them to evolve. That info tends to get buried when I'm town because I'm looking to sort players, not weave a path through them. Food for thought.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by unwnd »

How does their read not matter? I want to engage them to
help
absin. That's the whole point of this exercise. Taking a selfish stance and being like 'oh well I don't have to worry about this' is simply untrue
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1891, unwnd wrote:How does their read not matter? I want to engage them to
help
absin. That's the whole point of this exercise. Taking a selfish stance and being like 'oh well I don't have to worry about this' is simply untrue
Like, I understand that them town reading you would make it easier. But reading through your iso 146 - 256, it justs, like there are SO many posts, but none of them feel like you are solving the Gate OR like you are trying to convince me you are town. Which is what I expected to see from you given the game state.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by unwnd »

And let me just say that you're really not understand what I have to deal with.

Both Catboi/S_S have pretty much shut me down in most attempts, and S_S especially has said 'I don't care what your read is on me'. Tell me Luke: What's the best way to read someone? Is it sitting on your own laurels and assuming you can get in someone's head and figuring out what they're thinking? Or is it approaching them, asking questions, and trying to understand. I simply cannot be a mind reader and I did not feel like I was helping Absin by sitting there and taking the same approach S_S was. I don't know what about that is so hard to understand, or how approaching them is..working against wanting to win?
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1893, unwnd wrote:And let me just say that you're really not understand what I have to deal with.

Both Catboi/S_S have pretty much shut me down in most attempts, and S_S especially has said 'I don't care what your read is on me'. Tell me Luke: What's the best way to read someone? Is it sitting on your own laurels and assuming you can get in someone's head and figuring out what they're thinking? Or is it approaching them, asking questions, and trying to understand. I simply cannot be a mind reader and I did not feel like I was helping Absin by sitting there and taking the same approach S_S was. I don't know what about that is so hard to understand, or how approaching them is..working against wanting to win?
I feel like I am doing a bad job of explaining myself... Like it was not that you were upset that they were scumreading you, it is that that seemed to take up all of your posts. There were 100 straight posts of frustration at being scum read by catboi and ss + posts about being frustrated that I was considering Dunn + posts chatting with Birar and Ana about things that simply did not serve to help the town win.

I town read you all of Day 1, but then I flip to the Day 2 and suddenly the first 100+ posts of your iso does not feel like the iso of someone helping to solve either minigame. Instead, all I saw was a lot of posts about how you were being put into a position to where you can't solve.

And you had things you could have done.

Like, talking to me more. You put so many posts out there talking ABOUT me, but none of your posts felt like you were talking TO me - the single most important person you should be trying to convince you are town.

And sure you might be hitting a road block asking catboi/ss questions directly, but absinthe was right there ASKING for your input. Couldn't you have given her some of the things you were thinking about, and then she could have asked. They could not really ignore her.

It just did not feel like you were trying to work with me and Absinthe. The people you should most be trying to work with.

And I cannot figure out if this is because you were scum and therefore trying to make lots of content without solving the gate, because you correctly solving the gate before you knew how Infinity was going to vote could be dangerous.

Spoiler:
And at first Infinity could have made the scum team worried about thier keep win with
In post 1319, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1041, Dunnstral wrote:Infinity is confirmed scum because absinthe is confirmed town at the keep
Scum can swap town with town if there's 1 scum in each group.

I don't know if I have much agency here, I think briar is probably the scum because ana promised to vote for the other in this group but yeah.
Oh Infinity, you were so close

Or if you really were in such a defeatist mindset for some reason I don't understand.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

This is just what I have been thinking about your slot recently. I am not 100% sure where to go with my thoughts, but hopefully Absinthe can help me here
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by unwnd »

Gonna try to break this down in chunks:
I feel like I am doing a bad job of explaining myself... Like it was not that you were upset that they were scumreading you, it is that that seemed to take up all of your posts. There were 100 straight posts of frustration at being scum read by catboi and ss + posts about being frustrated that I was considering Dunn + posts chatting with Birar and Ana about things that simply did not serve to help the town win.
It's not all just frustration though. This again goes back to (me wanting to help absin), which I'm going to refrain being agitated about that you don't see that. You think I was frustrated and not trying to solve and just focusing on myself. OK. Maybe in some aspect you're right, but when I thought the whole game was on me, that's all I could really talk about. It's like I said before, when you are considered scum people are going to be less likely to work with you. People don't want to relay information to scumreads, they want to scrutinize them and either pretend that their behavior is illegitimate, or keep compiling their own evidence.
I town read you all of Day 1, but then I flip to the Day 2 and suddenly the first 100+ posts of your iso does not feel like the iso of someone helping to solve either minigame. Instead, all I saw was a lot of posts about how you were being put into a position to where you can't solve.
I eventually shook myself and posted a wall about my solve. You look at it and say 'oh well, you didn't spend much time talking about Catboi/S_S but like. I was building up to it. I was trying to explain why I felt the way I did about the gamestate, and what my mentality was. That whole wall could not simply exist with one paragraph separate if that makes sense.
Like, talking to me more. You put so many posts out there talking ABOUT me, but none of your posts felt like you were talking TO me - the single most important person you should be trying to convince you are town.
Just saying, you weren't here when I was on my tirade and you've been barely been here. I only kept responding to the people who were here.
And sure you might be hitting a road block asking catboi/ss questions directly, but absinthe was right there ASKING for your input. Couldn't you have given her some of the things you were thinking about, and then she could have asked. They could not really ignore her.
I did give her my input and again, a lot of what I'm doing is trying to help her. This isn't her conversation but if Absin thinks what I am doing is the opposite? I will refocus and find a different way to approach the situation.
It just did not feel like you were trying to work with me and Absinthe. The people you should most be trying to work with.
You haven't been here and Absin is clear. I don't really need to figure out Absin, therefore I did not see necessity by interacting with her. I simply chose a different approach,.
And I cannot figure out if this is because you were scum and therefore trying to make lots of content without solving the gate, because you correctly solving the gate before you knew how Infinity was going to vote could be dangerous.
My content is a byproduct of what is around me and if that is my fault then I live with it.
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1890, absinthe wrote:

someone
If I were in max insomnia mode this would game would be killing me and I'd probably be struggling as much or more than I did in the newbie game. the minigames all happening at once makes a lot of additional info to process, follow and keep in memory. I had to resort to sticky notes for a while, just so I could read a post without having to search back through the thread for key info related to it.

When I'm scum, I actually find it easier to keep mental track of the critical-to-me info -- how each player appears to be reading me, my teammates, each other; which stances look like they're changing or could change; and my own stances and how I think I want them to evolve. That info tends to get buried when I'm town because I'm looking to sort players, not weave a path through them. Food for thought.
Gate or Wall first? What gives to most info for the other?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Now that we have to solve both I'm not against doing the wall first
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

@absinthe.

Can you do me a favor? I want you to look over Unwnd's iso, with a specific thing in mind.

Scum!unwnd's choices are heavily influenced by Infinity's decision. If Infinity votes Briar, then scum!unwnd can push for the correct solve for Gate. Which would both be easier to build a case for, and would give him towncred if he gets to say "I told you so" if we flipped the Gate first. On the other hand if Infinity votes Ana, then he absolutely cannot build a case against the scum in the other minigame. Because that would lead to a scum lose if the Gate flips first

So basically, will you look over unwnd's iso, starting at . and tell me if you get the feeling that unwnd is actively trying to solve the gate, or if it feels like he is trying to stay active but delay solving until he knows where Infinity is leaning. Again, this only matters in how unwnd is interacting with the GATE. His solve on the Wall would be independent of how things go with Infinity.

Here is a timeline of where Infinity was at throughout the thread
Post - Infinity says she thinks that Briar is the scum
Post - Infinity is still trying to decide, wants to hear from both
Post - Infinity says she thinks Ana is scum
Post - Infinity makes it clear that she is committed to Briar being town

I am worried that if I keep looking over it, I am going to confirmation bias myself. So hopefully you can give it a fresh pair of eyes.

Interestingly, this idea would apply to all of the potential scum players. Their options of how to solve the other minigame would be a lot more limited if they are still worried Infinity might vote Ana.

Return to “Completed Open Games”