Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Anya »

the raccoon wasn't town for defending me i'm not an empty glass of orange juice it's bc the analysis was good and better than anything i saw from him in a game where he was wolf
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Andante »

Next up we have choof/humaneatingmonkey, and at first glance these 2 have very different playstyles.
In post 10, choof wrote:y'all
^ This was choof's entrance to the game, I know you can't solely read someone's entrance, but like, entered with "yall" umm ok...
In post 98, choof wrote:
In post 96, Umlaut wrote:Why do people try to theorize in normals without knowing how normals work.
would you like to elaborate or do you not care enough to do anything other than post bitter one liners
^ Good post! Made me laugh actually, I like how the bad question was called out, cause Umlaut's question had no direction to it, and Choof was like "is there more to your question, or are you just fillering?"
In post 100, choof wrote:dont lump me in with lemons that is my first serious post
^ I like when people acknowledge they haven't done much, and usually after they realize is when they start getting serious.
In post 102, choof wrote:read some of the thread and I actually see what umlaut is getting at lol nvm
for the most part, anya's post history seems weird and I'm not sure how to parse but generally gives me a scummo vibe. like just trying too hard to get the game "started."
In post 47, Anya wrote: is this one wolf communicating their roles to another wolf

maybe they can't talk and have to use the vulnerability of public communication
is this a serious post lol

and then that into
In post 61, Anya wrote:why? is it bc you and andante are the wolf team closing in while the mafia team of umlaut and osuka lay on top the buildings with snipers? just kill each other instead of us
when the "you" and andante doesn't refer to either of the wolves implied in post 47
are you just shotgun blasting accusations then? bretty not helpful if u ask me
^ I love the effort to get out of RVS, also trying to go like "hey anya, what's your focus of the game???" normally that's enough for people to realize they're not being towny, and they'll fix it, haven't really seen that.. anyways!! I liked this post a lot from Choof as well.
In post 112, choof wrote:
In post 111, geraintm wrote:
In post 104, choof wrote:
In post 90, geraintm wrote:so, 4 pages already that i can safely ignore.
this is what, game 2+2+1+1?

it worked so well in my last game i'm going to do the same this one. i am VT.
i should be probably add a sarcasm tag to that
tbh you can probably safely ignore the first page and a half but imo there's content after that that's worth looking into
ignoring legit content is anti-town
and you're vt right? wouldn't want to play against our win condition right
im fairly certain i can ignore all of day 1...
yeah, plain old vanilla.
thanks for outing yourself as dead weight d1 I suppose
^ So first off I hate that we asked girain to confirm himself as a VT, but I kinda like the "thanks for outing yourself as dead weight" I could see that coming from annoyed town, but what would've been interesting to see, if choof stayed, would've been to see if he blindly wrote gerain off as town, cause my number one question would be, "Is this VT claim to seem like dumb town" cause I've seen games where someone claims VT then gets written off as town for the rest of the game. choof seemed to have 0 doubts with this claim though.
In post 128, choof wrote:
In post 122, Umlaut wrote: I disagree with , btw, Anya's activity and throwing around ridiculous accusations is exactly what I expect from town!Anya in early game (to be fair I have exactly one datum backing this up).
haven't played with either of you so this may be moot atm, but we also have like a billion hours left in the day for her to spew town
And taking seriously is just absurd.
I'd agree more if didn't exist
In post 95, InsidiousLemons wrote:
Please do not ask people to confirm VT claims... and if people are VT please don't claim VT. thanks.
rhetorical question
In post 126, Andante wrote:Tbh I don't have anything too solid read wise yet from yall I laughed at the "do you say anything but bitter one liners" and yeah. top complaint is, don't out roles. I do not care if that VT claim was serious or not, do not confirm if you were serious... tbh yall have way too much role talk, I'd love to steer away from that if possible
perhaps this is because I don't mentally consider vanilla town to be a role in the same way that a roleblocker etc are considered roles
^ What catches my eye on this, I initially was like, oh just a catch up post, but no the responses aren't in the order of the posts, and they're very generic things to say, I don't gather any content from all these responses, but saying VT isn't considered a role?? umm ok... if all VTs claim all that's left is the pool of PRs.. I'd be shocked if town!Choof didn't care about VT claims, but choof is gone
In post 129, choof wrote:
In post 127, Umlaut wrote:
I really dislike , partially because they should be
voting
Anya if they suspect her and aren't already voting someone better, but mostly because the "reasons" they're giving for a scummo vibe seem less like things that a person would
actually
expect more from scum and more like things a person would
imagine
being legitimate cause for a scumread.
wasn't sure where the vote count was so here you go
VOTE: Anya
^ This Anya vote feels really forced, like sure Choof SRed Anya previously, but "I didn't know where votes were at" feels more like "I didn't really care to place my vote at the time" which like, there's nothing wrong with that, but here it's like, Choof got called out and was like "ok here's my vote" idk, feels weird to me.
In post 155, choof wrote:if we wanna talk about ppl with 0 interactions let's see if T3 has anything else
VOTE: T3
^ Then this, like, I have no issue with not instantly voting someone you SR, but now it feels like we're trying to deflect the attention away, like "oh no! yall made me vote Anya, uhhh hey look!!!" It's a weird look to me.
In post 157, choof wrote:her post history is pretty milquetoast but we're obviously going to get more interactions from her
T3 just said "hey these guys are cool" after three minutes of a thread skim then left the thread
^ So in I was told "I believe I've explained itt why I think Anya scummy, feel free to reread and if you run into anything that you think needs elaborating let me know" when I asked about the Anya sr, now, "we're going to get more content from her so she's fine!! Hey keep looking at T3" Not a good look...
In post 164, choof wrote:an truly riveting return to town, so know we know you've been reading but refusing to post for whatever reason
^ I know this frustration with T3 though, like, I'm not sure how to categorize this cause when I first started playing with T3 I was genuinely pissed at the minimal participation for being in so many games... like, only join as many as you plan on participating in....
In post 173, choof wrote:
In post 163, T3 wrote:Andnte'sread on Ivy feels as forced as putting a squre peg into a round hole.
Umlaut town.
two votes on him and he comes in to drop this, gets another vote from bugspray, presumably as a means to continue pressure outside of the ppl that T3 has already explicitly mentioned (me and egix), and then leaves
^ More of this T3 focus, I quite honestly find these T3 lines NAI, The minimal posting is equally frustrating as town/maf.
And then choof subs out on what really seemed like a joke?? I don't really get the circumstances, That level of Osuka was nothing to what we just had so idk. Ummm summary of Choof's performance. I'd say it was a strong start, then Choof started falling apart, I didn't like the Anya transition to T3, that entire thing felt weird to me, but I'll read monkey stuff then figure out where I am readwise for this slot, I will say it definitely started off as a Town Lean, but Choof's ending is making me doubt that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In post 249, humaneatingmonkey wrote:nice to see you bugs

before i read the game in full, the first three people who would tell me what's going on is town
^ An entrance better than "yall" love to see it. but what kinda gets me is this post and the next one.
In post 257, humaneatingmonkey wrote:vibe check:
Anya - scum read x2
bugspray - town read
T3 -
Andante - scum read
geraintm -
Ivyeo -
Egix96 -
osuka - scum read
choof -
Dunnstral - town read
InsidiousLemons -
Umlaut - town read

For now, I want everyone to declare what they're doing and what their motive is. I'll go first.

Right now, I don't think there's enough information to go divide the town into two wagons, but I also want everyone to use their votes and see where the game state leads. I'm also trying to be more familiar with everybody right now. Anya feels like scum trying to look like town, while also the player who looks like they're playing a scum wincon the most. I got this vibe from bringing up town roles so early in a very fishy way "for reaction", and how she's been using RVS information so far.

Ask me anything.
^ This and the first post were posted 30 minutes apart. so this "vibe check" feels like a bad idea to even do, like later you explain this was just first initial impressions. Nothing for T3/gerain? but you have something for Dunn/Unlaut, I'm guessing the osuka sr was solely cause osuka "made" choof sub out Like, I do not see the benefit of posting this list so early... but that's just me!!
In post 291, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 283, geraintm wrote:
In post 279, T3 wrote:I don't see a scum gerain just openly saying this.
i'm playing the long con. i'll keep saying it as town until the one time i am scum....
what are you doing and what's ur motive right now
^Also, the number of times you ask this question is highly annoying. I understand trying to make town do stuff, but you just entered this game, could've started blindly tunneling someone for a reaction, analyzing various posts.
In post 306, humaneatingmonkey wrote:@Egix
I honestly completely forgot why I had her as scumread at first, but I would probably remember if I surf her ISO. Mostly now, I thought her POV was towny so I can put her in the town pile for the meantime. Same with the other reads, I made it in the moment and then put it out there. It's more of a mental note to pay attention to them.
^Perfect example of why your list was a bad move. Like, you were asked why you SRed me, and your response is "It's a mental note to pay attention, but I don't remember" like... do you not see the issue here? what did I do that created that mental note in the first place? Or was you list an attempt to see where you could most easily push...

Spoiler: A post is either a town post or scum post
In post 317, humaneatingmonkey wrote:if it's not a scum post, it was a town post. she can be town for now.
In post 319, humaneatingmonkey wrote:there are only three ways to read posts. scum, town, or either. if it's not a scum post, it's a town post. but agree to disagree.

can we talk about anya? can you an opinion from you?

^ LMAO I mean, this is self explanatory, really dumb thing to say.

TLDR/Summary - So we had 2 very different ISO's, humaneatingmonkey just asks a million questions, and I don't see any attempts to even do anything except ask everyone "what's your motive?" "what are you doing?" and Choof was falling apart before he subbed out which is a shame cause I had Choof as a Town Lean pretty early, but between Choof going out, and humaneatingmonkey's entire play, I'll probably throw this slot in the Null category for now. Cause being completely honest, nothing from humaneatingmonkey is doing anything for me to convince me that slot is town. Like, what makes humaneatingmonkey's Null different from Bugspray's Null is like, Bugspray has 0 content a true Null read, humaneatingmonkey/Choof have so many lines, like Choof has a LOT of content, monkey is trying to control the game yet do nothing? like, if you have no reads, why are you trying to take charge/ spam the thread with random questions?

I'll chart out my reads as well to make this easier on the eyes.
Towniest -> Scummiest
Bugspray
Choof/humaneatingmonkey
Anya
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 11:58 am

Post by Andante »

In post 424, Anya wrote:i'll do the deep analysis for you andante
ivy vines = ivyeo
apples = lemons
scarfed dog = andante
raccoon = umlaut
Can I get a deep analysis of your reads on everyone here?
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Anya »

i'm not flipping through past pages right now but based on memory

ivy vines = seems open
apples = analysis from centre of tennis court not quick to side
scarfed dog = tryharding town
raccoon = good analysis
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 428, Anya wrote:i'm not flipping through past pages right now but based on memory

ivy vines = seems open
apples = analysis from centre of tennis court not quick to side
scarfed dog = tryharding town
raccoon = good analysis
So who would be scum?
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 359, Ivyeo wrote:I'll speak when I have meaningful things to say, but you're forcing my hand into typing more than I'd want to by going off on me.
ivy vines is town probably just for this
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Anya »

boxxy and Egix not sure

VOTE: monkeyeater dislike this scurrier more though
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by osuka »

hi folks i'm so sorry, life happened

@mod: vla for ~24 hours from this post

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by osuka »

ill do my best to do a proper catch up tomorrow and stuff, but worst case scenario i'll be here on monday

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 9:29 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Prodge, getting back to this tomorrow but not sure if I will before I hit the 48-hour mark
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 12:31 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

i will also likely not be around for the next ~24 hours. super important audition today. wish me luck!
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 1:56 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 435, InsidiousLemons wrote:i will also likely not be around for the next ~24 hours. super important audition today. wish me luck!
Good luck with your Audition Lemons!
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 3:59 am

Post by Cook »

osuka V/LA until 23:36 UTC.

Doing VC right now.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 4:08 am

Post by T3 »

In post 431, Anya wrote:boxxy and Egix not sure

VOTE: monkeyeater dislike this scurrier more though
Why?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 4:11 am

Post by T3 »

For gerain I think just wait and see what happens.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 4:14 am

Post by T3 »

Dunnstral lean town. There's not much coming from it but the posts about gerain are good.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Cook »

VOTECOUNT #4, DAY ONEOsuka (2): Bugspray, Ivyeo
Anya (1): humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey (4): geraintm, InsidiousLemons, Anya, Umlaut

geraintm (1): Andante
Andante (1): osuka
Dunnstral (1): Egix96

With 12 alive it takes 7 to flip.

(expired on 2021-05-22 20:01:08) to deadline.
Last edited by Cook on Sun May 16, 2021 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Inventor of 3d20 //
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Andante »

hahaha my detailed analysis stuff is actually a lot more work than I initially thought, but I feel like I'm decently confident on the 3 of yall I did look at, I'm busy today, so I might try to do some more tonight, deadline in 6 days so there's not a huge rush, also realized I might burn myself out if I keep that pace up lol
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Cook »

As always, don’t feel obligated to be top poster. Prod timer is a whole 3 days long. Remember you can always take breaks — that’s the nice part of forum mafia. Close this tab. Drink some water. Take deep breaths. Take care of yourself, and we’ll see you when you feel you’re ready to come back.

Inventor of 3d20 //
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 6:47 am

Post by T3 »

That moment when I have less posts than the mod.
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Ivyeo »

Almost half the PL does ;.;
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 7:50 am

Post by Cook »

Fixed the VC.

Inventor of 3d20 //
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 9:31 am

Post by bugspray »

yeah, i've been takiung a break because something else has been using my attention and i'm trying to manage that iw ill come back and post soon
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Andante town for effort?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2021 11:00 am

Post by geraintm »

Quick post on a Sunday night, but I can't see a reason to move my vote to anywhere else at the moment

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”