Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3800 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:48 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 4-6

Infinity 324
(1): Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
(1): Infinity 324

Not Voting
(4): SirCakez, notscience, Morning Tweet, Venus Fly Trap

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline: May 30, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-05-30 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- skitter30 head of Venus Fly Trap is v/la until May 18
- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Tue May 18, 2021 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3801 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Oh right and royalty

Royalty I played to antispew pretty much the entire time. But you're saying I'm trying to *not* seem paired with you. Is the only similarity having low conviction? I was pretty sure Ahsoka was scum in one night stand, unsure what other scumread or reads I was confident on in that game
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3802 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In terms of meta it's mostly a tone thing where in pooky vs FL you were very thoughtful and musing and not trying to seem town whereas in one night stand you went all out and felt passionate wrt scumhunting

In ss3 you were like, towny, but ok

I think you had more conviction in team mafia though so there's that
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3803 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Team mafia probably ur best bet cause my town game is wildly inconsistent whereas scum games all feel like more of the same

Of course, i dont think I'm playing like team mafia which is awful convenient but it's the truth soooooo

Royalty is also a valid source (up until I lurked out because I wanted to avoid info) but I really did fuck with my play in that game intentionally at least reads wise. In terms of posting style that did feel like scum me cause I was incredibly stressed having so many partners to not let down in that game

Feel like conviction is really gonna depend on each read and to be honest I cant decide whether to describe my conviction as high (Why would i scumread Disaster as scum?) or low because I'd give in to cakes and others reads over my own

Like I'd say it's a constant of my play that I dont trust myself over other ppl so that's a neutral point. Expressing reads upon a rep in like this is something id be very surprised at for scum me because it opens myself up to so many different types of conflict when I could just be wishy washy between the two of you and sheep whoever I like
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3804 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3803, Morning Tweet wrote:Like I'd say it's a constant of my play that I dont trust myself over other ppl so that's a neutral point
iirc this was not true at all in pooky v FL or one night stand?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3805 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I would have to check but that's easily one of my biggest weaknesses is that i dont trust myself and it pops up basically every time people disagree with me. If you think I'm making that up I'm not

Pooky vs FL was the obvious spiffeh/whoever the other person was combo so maybe that's why, we were in agreement. One night I think we argued between scumreads and I vouched for maybe Uncrowned but we generally agreed on a pool in that game

In this game however its a matter of winning or losing and it seems like most people are leaning you so i predict its going to be a lot more pressure

But we havent even gotten there yet it's still kind of a hypothetical. i presently am fairly set on disaster
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3806 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Idk it's like

In ss3 I was scumreading you for a very similar reason and it's not just because you wanted to trust other people, the way in which you did it didn't feel genuine to me. You weren't really integrating others' reads with your own in a natural way.

I can wait to continue the engagement though
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3807 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Ss3 never got to a point where trusting others reads over my own would apply i dont think

You should know that even if I were 100% on disaster scum I'd still bend elsewhere if nobody (including dead town) agreed with me

Regarding integrating others reads into my own id say that's an entirely different subject, i dont consider conceding to others reads to be a type of integration
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3808 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 3807, Morning Tweet wrote:You should know that even if I were 100% on disaster scum I'd still bend elsewhere if nobody (including dead town) agreed with me
meant that as "I should tell you..", worded it kind of weird
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3809 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:06 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I looked over that bit in royalty, it's probably worth noting this assessment:
In post 1045, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1043, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1041, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: MT not really a fan of you dancing around this wagon.
You think that im dancing around the wagon because..?
Because you are? Your posts read like scum who previously had a townread on TGP and is trying to justify a vote there.

I feel like the hammer talk could’ve been a reason why TGP accepted their death so early. Why did you think that was scum-indicative?
wasn't true. I was dancing around it because i wanted to be wishy washy and non-committal, but i completely missed that it could be interpreted as gearing to vote TGP (i had no intention of doing so).

So you're kind of right that i was dancing around TGP in the sense i didnt want to commit to defending them but i had no intention of swapping to a vote either -- i dont take stances

I do see a similar vein where
In post 1046, Morning Tweet wrote:i do not think TGP accepting their death is scum-indictative, i thought it was really fast. I only mentioned it because of Pookys theory.

I am sorry for being wishy washy around the read but i do not have a lot of confidence in it, not enough to defend them
i don't have a lot of confidence there. But my views on TGP d1 of that game where kind of a nothing-read. I had no impact on it whatsoever because i independently as Morning thought TGP was towny but i hid that because TGP was a necessary elim so overall I said pretty much nothing meaningful about TGP

Whereas in this game I am pretty much spelling it out that I think Disaster is scum and the only thing that'll make me reconsider is if everyone else is adamant it's you instead, because i have a massive tendency to submit to others' reads

I don't feel like these two scenarios are very similar
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3810 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:09 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ok, I don't think I know enough about you to come to a confident conclusion here, my gut says you're scummy
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3811 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

If you're thinking of switching off Disaster to me, don't do it yet or i might lose interest >.>

At least your response to me comes off as better than Mena's, probably
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3812 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I don't want to vote you yet and honestly I still have a hard time seeing DC as town over notsci/cakez/VFT but
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3813 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Why is my slot not able to be paired with DC again

Oh well maybe because of my behaviour right now I guess

And i am sorry for being a little salty
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3814 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah especially from mena's side the interactions don't look like S/S but you two are by far the scummiest players in the game imo

I feel like you're also very worried about me pushing you whereas I don't remember town!you caring so much about what others thought of you but again I don't really know you well enough
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3815 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

i think it's disheartening for you to push me because i think that loses the game (would be same with Cakes of course) and of course that'd be in part my fault

Whereas i presently dont care if Disaster does at all
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3816 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

lets uh get thru D3 so i can see why everyone switched from Disaster to Infinity now, shall we
In post 3403, SirCakez wrote:Inf or notsci for me today
That desperate push to not elim Mom and instead elim DC yesterday from Inf was TERRIBLE
ok lemme see

I dont know if I see it exactly, feel like you'd sooner elim Mom rather than claim Bork is scum dont you think? And outright defending Mom over DC. I feel like bussing Mom is a pretty relatively easy move in comparison for scum to make
In post 3401, Venus Fly Trap wrote:Boy am i happy i was so stubborn yesterday
(And that i was right!)

I strongly believe infinity is scum, and am planning on voting her today. I will consider voting notsci as well

~ skitter
To be fair scum is still going to win following skitts' plan here pretty sure these two definitely arent the team so I guess defending DC and voting out Mom works out for that team.

I'll do my due diligence in determining if Venus could have won by hard pushing Iverson or Cakez yesterday sometime later though. From my perspective I don't see why DC/Venus isn't the team if the Iverson/Cakez pushes were too risky -- I'd throw out Mom in that scenario as well as you can see it's still a W

The "infinity is confirm scum" thing took off really quickly start of D4 and i feel like im missing something but it comes off like all of venus/notsci/DC/cakez are convinced (?) sheesh

Totally missing what happened start of D4 to cause that, I guess it's because Infinity wanted DC over Mom really bad but I'm failing to see why that matters.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3817 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 3447, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3427, Disaster Cartel wrote:I think infinity is close to just being confscum at this point and I think the bigger concern is that idk where the remaining scum is in (cakez, Iverson)
why can't inf and notsci both be scum

if I was scum I wouldn't have moved to Mom I would have stayed on Iverson or DC (assuming they are town)
quite possible i have a fundamental misunderstanding of the DC wagon sigh

Well no if DC is scum i dont think that holds up at all actually I really do see a Mom bus over that

But the Iverson wagon maybe
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3818 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3816, Morning Tweet wrote:I don't see why DC/Venus isn't the team if the Iverson/Cakez pushes were too risky -- I'd throw out Mom in that scenario as well as you can see it's still a W
But I feel like DC is still a lim candidate in that case, and if DC gets limmed today it's a disaster for a skitt/DC team. Not only does skitt have to try to explain how she was wrong, she also has to explain why she wasn't NKed. She also didn't know that I was going to make a fool of myself until after she started pushing mom, and in fact I was gaining motivation back at the time so I could've been pretty difficult to elim.

I've convinced myself that team doesn't make sense
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3819 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 3818, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3816, Morning Tweet wrote:I don't see why DC/Venus isn't the team if the Iverson/Cakez pushes were too risky -- I'd throw out Mom in that scenario as well as you can see it's still a W
But I feel like DC is still a lim candidate in that case, and if DC gets limmed today it's a disaster for a skitt/DC team. Not only does skitt have to try to explain how she was wrong, she also has to explain why she wasn't NKed. She also didn't know that I was going to make a fool of myself until after she started pushing mom, and in fact I was gaining motivation back at the time so I could've been pretty difficult to elim.

I've convinced myself that team doesn't make sense
That is a good point they couldn't have known you'd do that. I don't think the elim target today had to be you specifically though, it could be literally anyone venus has been reading lower than DC (which is all of Cakes/iverson/notsci/you)! Mena is at the top of skitts reads. Cakes was townread just as much as you the other day, i feel like you just got the unlucky draw but i dont see why it has to be you

I'm confused what you mean by the skitts explaining how she was wrong and nightkill stuff
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3820 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Oh, basically I'd expect skitt to be the NK tonight, which is wine now that I mention it, but whatever. Bork was the obvious first kill, but scum!skitt doesn't want to have to make another kill and have town wonder whether she's scum as a result. That plus skitt having hard defended a flipped scum means there's some chance she gets limmed, whereas with many other strategies it seems like there's almost no chance of that.

I do think a lot of the townies here are pretty hard to push, but maybe that means you want to bus instead? I'm not sure. I feel like it was scum's best play to try to go for the win yesterday, but maybe I'm wrong.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3821 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I wasnt really under the impression the night kill progression was so cut and dry (aside from Bork I agree that was agiven)

You, Cakes, Venus, notsci all had stuff going for you until you came off as bad from the hard DC push (which everyone agreed with yesterday until it got swapped but whatever). Even my slot seemed to have Venus/cakes convinced
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3822 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler: Infinity on the DC wagon
In post 3454, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3447, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3427, Disaster Cartel wrote:I think infinity is close to just being confscum at this point and I think the bigger concern is that idk where the remaining scum is in (cakez, Iverson)
why can't inf and notsci both be scum

if I was scum I wouldn't have moved to Mom I would have stayed on Iverson or DC (assuming they are town)
Ok but why didn't whoever my partner was vote DC with me? Or why didn't we push cakez/prism when there was the opportunity? Idk if I was so desperate to (knowingly) get town elimmed you'd think I'd have a partner helping me

The gist of the insanity that was in my head last day phase is that I couldn't see a scumteam without DC or VFT (cakez and prism looking very town helped with that) and if one of them was scum then the most likely scenario was that it was both. Bork felt very aligned with both DC and VFT and then he was talking to skitter about being paranoid of notsci (where I felt like it made more sense to be paranoid of VFT) and then bork decided to vote mom over DC
Who is infinity's partner again? Open question to whoever on the infinity train

I'm starting to realize if the team is actually Venus/DC there is no way in hell I'm going to overturn this somehow

But I trust Cakes and i want to trust notsci and of course we're going thru this infinity business.. which could only mean.....

In post 3468, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 3461, notscience wrote:My dankest spiciest take is all the replacements are scum and that is what prompted not mafias post

I’m too chickenshit to push it though
sooooooo you're saying infinity/iverson?
Wait is Infinity's partner me actually? Are there other main candidates being entertained?
In post 3489, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm gonna pledge my vote to skitt for today, even if that vote is on myself.
Why are you doing this
In post 3503, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3498, Disaster Cartel wrote:ur not gonna vote urself infinity so stop acting like u will
Yes I will. If skitt votes me there is a greater chance I will survive by self voting and convincing her that I wouldn't do that as scum than otherwise.
Ugh
In post 3518, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm not going to self vote, I'll be around to answer questions but probably not post much otherwise, fwiw I still feel like DC is scum
Phew okay anyway

I wasn't sure if either A.) our hope of winning basically died as you pseudo gave up which leads everyone else into confbiasing that it's you, or b.) im terrible at reading and Mena is gonna trash on me later for missing you being obviously scum by that point. It feels like i'm either wrong and people will listen to me or I'm right and it wont matter, one of the two is always what happens

But whatever I really shouldnt be fucked to bother with being afraid of being wrong if I'm on the chopping block too

I genuinely can see DC/Venus and it feels like all of the infinity talk on this day is "noise" more or less, lucky noise for that team, granted, because I get how infinity pushing DC over Mom then givin can be interpreted. But I really have to ask why Infinity pushing for DC over Mom is really such a bad look if DC is scum which they...... are

Still got the Iverson loose end but STILL i believe that Kismet actually expressed a townread there before Venus had the chance. Maybe I just want that to be true at this point I'm actually scared to look
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3823 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I mean no one is suspecting VFT at all here besides you and skitt could've predicted that because...she strongarmed a scum elim. But then scum!skitt would have to throw away all the credit she got from the bus due to NK WIFOM. Idk
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3824 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

For VFT to be scum here she would have to have incredible execution on a strategy that seems pretty awful to me.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”