Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3801 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3798, Toogeloo wrote:PEdit: if your buddy is gonna get nuked more than likely anyways, why not try to earn a little town cred for it?
right, that's why i think he'd have created a trajectory on koto instead of what looked a bit like a lolnuke
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3802 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by The Church of Skitter »

Okay I am going to wait for this flip before I do anything else.
Alisae + Menalque
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3803 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 3768, gorilla wrote:You mentioned in your reads you have reservations on church. could you explain those?
I'll preface this by saying I don't really think she's the best nuke, lim, or even investigate, I just find myself tinfoiling her before other slots. The other big possibility in my mind is that I'm simply wrong on Mognet.

I think the crux of the issue is I don't vibe with a lot of the reasoning exhibited in her longer posts/readlists, and the tone of some of her statements feels ingenuine to me. Take this one for instance:
In post 3332, The Church of Skitter wrote:Cephrir - Has throughout the game just generally been townie
innocentvillager - townie claim
Save the Dragons - Nuked Koto probably not groupscum
Vaxkiller - pushes people in villagery ways
Toogeloo - Has done toogeloo things. Ya know what, I should probably just stop writing him off for no reason and probably read his iso?
Bell - yep villager
gorilla - yep villager
Equinox - I think I re-read this after toogeloo
DeasVail - Seems like a villager? Maybe it's just moreso he just doesn't seem scummy
Nexus - Retracting the nuke was good
Titus - The way they sheeped LLD D1 was villagery for me and I think the way they just to get wagon data is good. They also want The Entity/Equniox. If you had to force me to say who was townier between the two I would say Titus and a lot of that is because of experience w/ Titus but I don't know anything about Equinox aside from "the big post seem fine" and that's not enough anymore I need something better so...
samantha97 - I actually have no idea what Samantha wants to do
joqiza - I mean he sounds smart
marry - Okay I think its worthwhile asking so anyone can pitch in, why is marry town aside from interactions with VFP and VFP pushing marry because that's the only reason for that I can think of off the top of my head to townread her and that just mean's she's not groupscum and even if it's just this 1 fight I don't actually remember it because I haven't actually read it but I'm not sure it's enough to look at and say "oh ya, this it's pretty much impossible for this to be theater"
Content-wise, I'm not even sure where to start? In general, though, there isn't actually much analysis, there's just a lot of words. This also might just be a playstyle thing but the sentence construction also comes off as wolfy to me.

Here's another earlier reads list (end of day 2):
In post 2533, The Church of Skitter wrote:Cephrir - town
Lady Lambdadelta - My only observation is she doesn't seem like she's playing a show geared towards me but reading this player is not my job in the hydra.
innocentvillager Mognet Prism - Prism seemed townie, Mognet annoyed me and tbh I can't view this slot objectively. Haven't read a single IV post.
Save the Dragons - he seemed like he was piggybacking off of what I was saying about Mognet. I don't think he added anything new to that.
Vaxkiller - I have no idea how to read this player. I read it as scum but apparently gorilla thinks they're not aligned with mastina and I want to sheep that.
Et Al (Skitter30/Something_Smart) - Actually I have no idea what skitter is thinking right now. Maybe that just says so much about how I'm just so out of tune with whats going on?
Toogeloo - seems town?
Bell - probably town but I haven't been reading closely
gorilla - town I don't need to explain this the guy has been trying to solve.
Robert M Hunter -
Koto Merlot Untrod Tripod - Merlot seemed town, my vote was probably just because I was annoyed here but I also don't think they've did much of anything at all actually.
The Entity (Equinox/xRECKONERx) - I think I'll just naturally townread anything Equinox posts because it looks like they're trying to solve so I'll also just naturally overlook whatever Reck is doing. Ya I think this is town I have no idea what fucking Kool-Aid Mena is on w/ this one. Actually I really need Mena back tbh the guy went MIA on me
DeasVail -
@DeasVail
why do you townread us? It's weird because I feel like you confidently TR us while several people are suspecting us and I'm not sure what to think of this so if you could bring light to this that would be cool.
Nexus - Probably a villager?
VFP deep-city-lights - Don't remember apparently he exists? Ya this is probably POE scum
T3 - Probably poe scum? I don't know
Titus - Guys Titus is town. She always she's LLD the way she does as a villager guys she's town. Guys.
DeathNote* - Who?
samantha97 - Ya if Mognet is town this is probably scum huh. It mostly just makes sense because while it is reasonable for sam to say "guys LLD bussed" the way I feel like it was played could come from scum who tried to do something and just, gave up? I mean there's 1 scum in {Sam, Mognet} that's just facts.
joqiza -
marry - I like marry marry is fun tbh I didn't get why people were voting marry i feel like most of it is probably coming from scum who saw LLD's interactions with marry and thought "Easy pickins boys" based on this logic LLD is probably town too if this is correct? But ya that's my theory atm. Idunno who is actually pushing marry, I think it was VFP. Ya actually fuck VFP he's probably just scum?
I think I actually voted Church after the above post. A lot of the reads show, at best, inattention to the game? The read on the Entity slot made no sense because only Reckoner was posting at the time. The {Sam/Mognet} 1 out of 2 feels super random. The "guys, guys" on the Titus read just feels... do you see what I'm saying? It just feels the slightest bit forced to me.

What confuses me is that her interactions with VFP read super clearing and there ARE moments where her in the moment stream of consciousness posting comes off townier to me. I just go back and forth between those moments and her other posts and I feel like I run into cognitive dissonance. So I'm just sort of confused atm.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3804 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

toogeloo what's your reasoning for Equinox/JR and marry?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3805 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Mostly inactivity tbqh. I think from the get go, the Russian team has been pretty flaky.
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3806 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:33 pm

In post 3803, joqiza wrote:Content-wise, I'm not even sure where to start? In general, though, there isn't actually much analysis, there's just a lot of words. This also might just be a playstyle thing but the sentence construction also comes off as wolfy to me.
This is just how I play. When I do these I just post what my current thought process is at the time. That's it.

--

You're right I wasn't really paying attention to the game when I wrote 2533. My activity and attention that I give the game grows the longer the game gets and the more information there is available to me at my fingertips. I generally thrive at the late game. Late game is easily when I'm at my most strongest.

I haven't read any of Reck's posting around that time.

I can explain the Sam + Mognet thing. A lot of it was based on LLD's flip.

Sam at start of D2 hardpushed LLD and said "LLD reads like she was bussing mastina"
I think
if Sam is town, this is a very likely thought process.
if Sam is scum, this is their attempt to remove LLD from the game.

I think this action is more likely to come from scum because if Sam is town and I was in their position, I would not push this right away, I would attempt to gather more evidence for my case by watching LLD's actions and observing them. I think scum are more likely to come out and push this right away.
Mognet resonated with my thought process but Mognet read like he was attacking sam in a way that made me feel very uncomfortable and it made me feel like at the time, if Mognet is scum, its probably with LLD.

Also your comment on the titus read is something that's normal for me which triggers me because I can't dispute it.
Alisae + Menalque
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3807 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:37 pm

Or maybe I did read Reck's posting and I forgot I don't know I don't care I don't remember all I know is just how much I hate tonereads.

What I hate about tonereads is not only are they 70% of the time they're fucking wrong because they're based on how a sentence "feels like it reads" but they're also almost always impossible to dispute. Like okay? You said that my sentence construction is wolfy? Great lol. Very cool. Oh what's this, I flipped town? Wow nice fucking toneread buddy. How do I know you're not just full of shit again?

idunno, I hate it and I probably just don't get it tbh.
Alisae + Menalque
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3808 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I fully bit off more than I could chew with this setup.

Quick questions:

1. Do we have a town bloc? If not, why not?

2. Do we do regular limmimg or is it just the nuke stuff?

3. Are there any consensus POEs?
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3809 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by joqiza »

@Church

I'm not pretending like it's a case against you. But I can't just change the things that ping me when I read a sentence. My read on you comes down to these random ~bad vibes~ that I get and I'm trying to explain why I get these bad vibes in the first place, while acknowledging that reading into them is limited in terms of equity.

Your clarification about the Sam/Mognet read is helpful.

In a universe where you and Titus are both town, I'm just deeply confused as to who the remaining Russians actually are. I guess we can wait to see what Sam flips.
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3810 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:45 pm

I still feel obligated to address your concerns the best I can
Alisae + Menalque
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3811 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by joqiza »

I understand, and you have. I feel really bad, because regardless of your alignment you've played really hard / well and I know my suspicion of you is like, fairly baseless and just based off weird gut juju. I'm just trying to express myself honestly, and I think keeping it internal would be worse for the eventual gamestate.
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3812 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:51 pm

have your reads changed since your last list that had like all of the depth'n'stuff
Alisae + Menalque
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3813 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 3808, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I fully bit off more than I could chew with this setup.

Quick questions:

1. Do we have a town bloc? If not, why not?

2. Do we do regular limmimg or is it just the nuke stuff?

3. Are there any consensus POEs?
1. Someone can say if they disagree, but I think Bell/Gorilla are consensus villager (or at least not Russian) through social reads, and Vax/Toogeloo/Cephrir are probably villagers via mechs at this point.

2. Yeah both. Some people can launch nukes during the day and we also get a regular elimination through voting. We're trying to use all our nukes before voting since that reduces the amount of nightkills the scum factions get. Toogeloo had a list of current claims/softs in .

3. Sam is in the process of getting nuked, not sure what the PoE looks like rn outside of that.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3814 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 3806, The Church of Skitter wrote:I think this action is more likely to come from scum because if Sam is town and I was in their position, I would not push this right away, I would attempt to gather more evidence for my case by watching LLD's actions and observing them. I think scum are more likely to come out and push this right away.
Mognet resonated with my thought process but Mognet read like he was attacking sam in a way that made me feel very uncomfortable and it made me feel like at the time, if Mognet is scum, its probably with LLD.
I'd like to point out that what was weird about mognet was that he was the one who first brought up lady lambdadelta bussing mastina (the day they were voted out), and then he acted like I was committing a sin by keeping the same opinion as he had the the next day
In post 1423, samantha97 wrote:
In post 1419, Mognet wrote:What if Lady Lambdadelta is committing vehicular manslaughter over her buddy Mastina?
In post 1421, The Entity wrote:also marry is probably scum
welcome to my wavelength
In post 1869, Mognet wrote: I do not wish to get into a fight about LLD.

I think she is town. Some things I said were independent of alignment.

Push her and I vote you.

LLD + Mastina was a paranoia theory I would only consider if you flip American.
calls it "a paranoia theory" that he would only consider if I flip american
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3815 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:53 pm

Wait what's the mech behind Cephrir villager?
I forgot
Alisae + Menalque
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3816 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by gorilla »

In post 3815, The Church of Skitter wrote:Wait what's the mech behind Cephrir villager?
I forgot
He's confirmed non-Russian via Vax (though rather annoyingly I think I had him as town off mastina anyway)
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3817 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:56 pm

@JohnnyFarrar
- You're kinda in the poe atm so you'll have to work to get out of there and that might be hard considering your actions might not mean much if anything at all at this point in the game tbh since we have a lot of townreads and like not many scumreads. I can send you a nuke and if it's something you can't be bothered to care about you can suicide?

pedit: Ok Vax thanks
Alisae + Menalque
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3818 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by gorilla »

I'm sort of disappointed that ceph fired off there. I think sam is likely flipping town and she was early on VFP.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3819 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 3812, The Church of Skitter wrote:have your reads changed since your last list that had like all of the depth'n'stuff
Yeah, literally of my original nuke pool of Vax/Toog/Sam/Titus, it's possible Vax, Toog, and Titus are all town. JSYK your read on Titus was one of the reasons I decided not to nuke them. I also think Titus asking to be checked by Vax is pretty towny. Sam I'm not sure but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she flipped town, which is why I'm struggling with your slot on the first place. At that point I'm running back up against slots like marry, Equinox, and Mognet, and if any of those slots flips scum it's at the point where I can say I officially got snowed--that hasn't happened in a while. DV ig is just... not that present... but I really do find him towny, and I don't get why Russians would take intercept.
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3820 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:58 pm

BTW It's not a guarantee that my nuke will actually go off? It'll probably fail tbh due to who I think Et All targeted which is me.

pedit: Did IV fall off in activity?
Alisae + Menalque
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3821 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by gorilla »

In post 3775, The Church of Skitter wrote:I don't understand why I am being put in the PoE
Anyway, you're not, at least not in my book. I just wanted to see what joqiza would say about you.

VOTE: joqiza
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3822 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by joqiza »

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3823 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by SirCakez »

[Day 3, DEFCON 1 - Game Event]

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Attempting to locate launch site...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile tracked to facility XR-843, currently commanded by
Cephrir
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing flight trajectory…
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile is currently targeting coordinates registered to
samantha97
[NORAD SYSTEM] Estimating time until impact...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Warhead will detonate in (expired on 2021-05-20 20:22:00)
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3824 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I had gathered that I was on the chopping block, just trying to figure out where to send this nuke. I figure if the poe is me and a couple others then my nuke is, like, crazy likely to hit
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”