Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Ivyeo »

I've been flip flopping the twon in my head and in my vote, but I think I'm good to move here now
VOTE: Osuka
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Ivyeo »

Towniest
----
Umlaut
VFP
Anya
HEM
T3
Egix
----
Lemons
Dunn
Bugspray
Geraintm
Osuka
----
Scummiest
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:28 am

Post by bugspray »

fuck last afternoon i didnt get any water and went to be dehydrated and was barely funcityon in the morning i need to recharge
pedit not reading
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:29 am

Post by bugspray »

holt fuck am i gonna get yeeted because i suck at life?
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 754, bugspray wrote:holt fuck am i gonna get yeeted because i suck at life?
You're still only #3 how about you join the wagon :D

Edit: zYou're already on it t.t
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 9:36 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

first off sincere apologies to bugspray for misgendering them, and thank you for the correction.

i don't think you can fairly describe my push on you as a bad faith activity tell. i recognize that spoons are hard to come by nowadays and that it takes different amounts of emotional and mental energy to skim vs to read in-depth. i'm sorry to hear your mental health is in a bad way right now. all that being said, other players are catching heat for a similar lack of engagement, and you don't seem to be upset about that. i know you said you'd been taking a break and i hope nothing is seriously amiss in your personal life to have caused that, but you simply are not putting enough effort into this game for anyone to be able to get a reliable idea of your thought process and perspective.

having said that, 753 and 754 make a compelling case to me that bugspray is kinda in the pits right now. if it's an AtE then consider me appealed to -- i don't want to lim someone just because they're having a rough go, and i think i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt under the circumstances.
In post 724, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 700, InsidiousLemons wrote: @Dunnstral, you say in that gerain is "kind of weird" as town. can you elaborate on your experience(s) with him?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83597

This game, I just remember them feeling off
had a skim through gerain's iso and while his play does look similarly "off" in that game in terms of posting style, imo he is putting out substantially more effort on D1 in the game you linked. he doesn't take super strong stands but he occasionally calls things out, responds to accusations against him with what feels like a bit more vigor and thoroughness. check out these posts. does that look like the gerain we're seeing here?
In post 714, osuka wrote:you're one of the more capable players on the plist
pocketing attempt confirmed

for real tho i have never seen osuka type even half that much in one post. granted i've never seen him address something he "wouldn't normally address" either, but i'm curious enough about how he will react under pressure that i'm fine hopping on the wagon and seeing where it leads. as i've said, it's been hard for me to get a solid idea about him this game, so i don't mind taking a chance here. i doubt very much that he's the type of player to go down without a fight, so he'll have plenty of opportunity to plead his case if we're wrong.

VOTE: osuka

spent a decent portion of today in the hospital for a stupid injury so i didn't get to catch up super thoroughly. i'll probably be back later tonight or early tomorrow. if i missed any questions directed at me, feel free to re-ask.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 10:02 am

Post by T3 »

bugspray is scum. They made a similar defenseI think in electocollege mafia when they were scum.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 10:10 am

Post by VFP »

In post 757, T3 wrote:bugspray is scum. They made a similar defenseI think in electocollege mafia when they were scum.
What defence?
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 757, T3 wrote:bugspray is scum. They made a similar defenseI think in electocollege mafia when they were scum.
It's also possible to genuinely be tired when scum. Reading into people who are having an irl issue at the time sets a bad precident, whilst at the same time shouldn't be seen as an absolute defense
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Anya »

no one said the cannister was wolf for not being here last night though feels like an excuse to give an excuse
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Anya »

i'll sheep the monk if bugspray doesn't happen i've come round on his ways
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:19 am

Post by osuka »

In post 729, geraintm wrote:
In post 710, osuka wrote:
In post 688, geraintm wrote:
In post 646, osuka wrote:heres a scalding hot take

gerain is actually probably going to flip town pr
You may think that, but I couldn't possibly comment....

Wait, I did! I have no role beyond vanilla townie!
okay this is extremely strange. as either alignment, don't you want to stick with that? even if you're vt? if you're scum, that's good for you because as soon as a tpr claim goes out d1 you're out of everyone's lynch pool. if you're town, that's good for you because you're more likely to draw a nk, which is a good thing if you're a vt

the point of this post completely eludes me. i think i'll have to come back to this in a bit

sorry, im really confused by your understanding of my post.
i basically aid in the first part that i didn't want to either confirm or deny the theory that i might be a power role.

and then in the second part i reverd that and confirmed my previous claim that i am a vanilla townie.
this is a non-answer

you just reaffirmed what you said in the post whose _reason for existing_ is a mystery. the contents are pretty obvious yeah, but i find myself wondering what possible motivation you could have to do that

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:27 am

Post by T3 »

In post 760, Anya wrote:no one said the cannister was wolf for not being here last night though feels like an excuse to give an excuse
Agreed.
I looked back on electocollege mafia and bugspray scumslipped then pretended it was a typo
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:28 am

Post by osuka »

In post 746, humaneatingmonkey wrote:osuka
• looks engaged, but not really (bugs is spot on #220)
• inconsistent and opaque process (hostile, but not really trying to scumhunt. called me scum — DIDNT VOTE ME)
• has slipped in perspective when he chainsaw defended Lemons
• has demonstrated that they're PR hunting (called out gerain as PR, for no good reason)
• has incoherently overexplained in their defenses
take: probably scum. this is one of two of my "probably scum" lynch in d1.
let's take this from the top

220 is saying i'm an ass therefore i posted no content. that argument doesn't follow and frankly if you want to get rid of me because i hurt your feelings, just say that and it'll sound a lot more honest

my process may be opaque (i couldn't possibly know because i'm not an outsider from my perspective), but inconsistent? i never said you were scum. to be clear:
In post 477, osuka wrote:i said that
if it's not tvt
, you're overwhelmingly likely to be the scum
instead of lemons
(bolded for emphasis, not in the original)
In post 478, osuka wrote:as i said i'm not entirely convinced you're scum just yet
please point out where i slipped in perspective. my read on lemons has stayed relatively constant from the beginning of the game and yours is a bit vague if anything, but with this sort of push i can't imagine there isn't at least some degree of hidden motivation behind what you're doing.

here's a question for you: assume i'm mafia and i'm pr hunting. why the fuck would i say that in the main thread?

please point out the incoherent overexplanation

this is extremely vague, factually questionable, and distinctly accusatory. you haven't backed half of what you said so really barring a decent explanation of most of this, VOTE: hem

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 764, osuka wrote: my process may be opaque (i couldn't possibly know because i'm not an outsider from my perspective), but inconsistent? i never said you were scum. to be clear:
if it's not tvt
instead of lemons

please point out where i slipped in perspective. my read on lemons has stayed relatively constant from the beginning of the game and yours is a bit vague if anything, but with this sort of push i can't imagine there isn't at least some degree of hidden motivation behind what you're doing.
The slip comes in that you're still assuming that atleast 1 is scum, which the post doesn't make clear. Even if you say you never siad they were scum, sure as hell felt like you were.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:38 am

Post by osuka »

In post 756, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 714, osuka wrote:you're one of the more capable players on the plist
pocketing attempt confirmed

for real tho i have never seen osuka type even half that much in one post. granted i've never seen him address something he "wouldn't normally address" either, but i'm curious enough about how he will react under pressure that i'm fine hopping on the wagon and seeing where it leads. as i've said, it's been hard for me to get a solid idea about him this game, so i don't mind taking a chance here. i doubt very much that he's the type of player to go down without a fight, so he'll have plenty of opportunity to plead his case if we're wrong.

VOTE: osuka

spent a decent portion of today in the hospital for a stupid injury so i didn't get to catch up super thoroughly. i'll probably be back later tonight or early tomorrow. if i missed any questions directed at me, feel free to re-ask.
i plan on reading over that gerald game that i haven't honestly bothered to look at yet and i'll post here about it in a second

you're not gonna like my answer i think, but it really just was >500mg of caffeine in a day that got me to write that. at the risk of being pedantic (though you're probably not one to talk about that), it's important to distinguish between addressing an accusation of a pocketing attempt and addressing the conversation about the lack of an address to an accusation of a pocketing attempt. it really is the case that addressing a pocketing attempt accusation is largely pointless, but pointing _that_ out might not be

by and large i don't really truly care how you read me here because i highly doubt you're going to look at my game and read it as town, because of recency and confirmation biases. i can't think of a single time where i played two games over a short period of time, first as scum and second as town, with one or more of the same players, and _wasn't_ scumread the second time around - let alone back to back. that's a consequence of making my playstyle intentionally nebulous to actively curb meta reads on me. i've openly admitted to that before and there's no point in lying about it, and i chose to do that fully aware that it would end up painting a fat target on my back, regardless of alignment, and getting me mislynched way too frequently

non game related, but i hope your injury heals soon

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:39 am

Post by osuka »

In post 759, Ivyeo wrote:
It's also possible to genuinely be tired when scum. Reading into people who are having an irl issue at the time sets a bad precident, whilst at the same time shouldn't be seen as an absolute defense
i know you're not the one doing it but you people need to fuck off from reading into irl stuff

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:43 am

Post by osuka »

In post 765, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 764, osuka wrote: my process may be opaque (i couldn't possibly know because i'm not an outsider from my perspective), but inconsistent? i never said you were scum. to be clear:
if it's not tvt
instead of lemons

The slip comes in that you're still assuming that atleast 1 is scum, which the post doesn't make clear. Even if you say you never siad they were scum, sure as hell felt like you were.
oh fuck

are you dense or just not reading? here i'll help you out
In post 477, osuka wrote:if it's not tvt, then that means that:
NOT (you town AND lemons town)
is true. knowing that not town = scum:
you scum OR lemons scum

which is true if you're scum, if lemons is scum, or if both of you are scum. i said that if it's not tvt, you're overwhelmingly likely to be the scum instead of lemons
In post 477, osuka wrote:if it's not tvt, then[...]
In post 477, osuka wrote:i said that if it's not tvt

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:43 am

Post by osuka »

i'll go one step further because clearly you all are struggling:
In post 465, osuka wrote:
In post 456, humaneatingmonkey wrote:osuka, can you please read #390 to #406 again and please tell me what you think about Lemons' apparently natural thought process
i agree with everything he said from 390-395, but your 397 is a very good point and i honestly think that page 16 might just be tvt

then again, 406 is a perfectly appropriate justification for your question. i don't see anything wrong from lemons in either page
[quote="In [url=https://for

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:44 am

Post by osuka »

please start fucking reading so i dont have to keep quoting myself

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:45 am

Post by osuka »

if you're going to push me at least put in the effort to look at what i did and did not say because i actually do remember what the fuck i write, yes?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:46 am

Post by osuka »

In post 769, osuka wrote:i'll go one step further because clearly you all are struggling:
In post 465, osuka wrote:
In post 456, humaneatingmonkey wrote:osuka, can you please read #390 to #406 again and please tell me what you think about Lemons' apparently natural thought process
i agree with everything he said from 390-395, but your 397 is a very good point and i honestly think that page 16 might just be tvt

then again, 406 is a perfectly appropriate justification for your question. i don't see anything wrong from lemons in either page
this quote got fucked so heres what i actually meant to post in the second half
In post 465, osuka wrote:i honestly think that page 16 might just be tvt

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:59 am

Post by geraintm »

@insidious lemons.

I do normally call out stuff day 1 when I see people joining wagons for what I think are bad reasons....but this game just hasn't had many. I cant get worked up to even work out the wagons, few vote counts
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 336, geraintm wrote:But there i nothing to go on during day 1 so you'll just have to wait till votes nd flips are for more substantial from me.
this is not something that would ever sound weird to me but in light of this here, it is extremely strange and quite offputting:
In post 544, geraintm wrote:
In post 538, Klick wrote:
In post 537, geraintm wrote:I dislike players who move their vote around a lot and tag along following wagons and other people's reads
I feel like you dislike a lot of things that are just inherent to my playstyle. :P Recognize that this one is a bias that is not particularly likely to find scum.

What do you think of Hoops, gera?
I dislike pretty much everyones day 1 play. if I thought people were good at day 1s, then they wouldn't always end up with townie getting lynched.

hoopla - they made a townbloc in post 260. I don't like that. tink this follows 2 different votes before this

posts like 261 and 288 are them being involved in the game by asking other people their opinions.

post 371 - making a group of 5 people all town.

"so far, this wagon looks solid to me, and i haven't seen anything behaviourally to give off town vibes from geraintm; though i will look into him more the longer he remains a candidate."

^^^ they just seem happy to be the player happy to lynch almost anyone day one, they were happy to lynch me and assume everyone else voting me was town too. but how on earth they can a) know I am scum b) know everyone else is town? their reads are just so weak day 1 they are worthless

they had a little bit of an interaction with me over bobbins, but they just let it hang... it is almost like they want to be seen having interaction with everyone but nothing more than superficial
In post 444, Hoopla wrote:
In post 442, notscience wrote:What I want most of all is a dunn wagon right now- would you be interested in partaking or sharing thoughts on his recent assertion about peoples reads changing based on his?
here is where we have commonground.

geraintm's wagon is at feverpitch. i can sense it. i can
feel
it. i don't want to abandon my post yet - especially given he has been quite responsive to pressure.

consider myself spiritually on the dunn wagon. i give it my stamp of approval.
this pings me bad. they feel like scum wanting to get off a wagon they know has a) stalled b) is only going to end up lynching a bad town player. they can keep me alive for later in the game safe in the knowledge I am not athreat to them

then a switch to Dunn to try and get something going there.

post 515 - excuses for behaving differently to what people expect

I have gone through, it feels like half the posts are them asking others for their thoughts, a quarter are hopping off and on wagons and a quarter just fluff.
they are the sort of player I find it hard to get along with at this stage of the game. def closer to being scum in my eyes than town

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”