Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:23 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

In post 766, osuka wrote:
In post 756, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 714, osuka wrote:you're one of the more capable players on the plist
pocketing attempt confirmed

for real tho i have never seen osuka type even half that much in one post. granted i've never seen him address something he "wouldn't normally address" either, but i'm curious enough about how he will react under pressure that i'm fine hopping on the wagon and seeing where it leads. as i've said, it's been hard for me to get a solid idea about him this game, so i don't mind taking a chance here. i doubt very much that he's the type of player to go down without a fight, so he'll have plenty of opportunity to plead his case if we're wrong.

VOTE: osuka

spent a decent portion of today in the hospital for a stupid injury so i didn't get to catch up super thoroughly. i'll probably be back later tonight or early tomorrow. if i missed any questions directed at me, feel free to re-ask.
i plan on reading over that gerald game that i haven't honestly bothered to look at yet and i'll post here about it in a second

you're not gonna like my answer i think, but it really just was >500mg of caffeine in a day that got me to write that. at the risk of being pedantic (though you're probably not one to talk about that), it's important to distinguish between addressing an accusation of a pocketing attempt and addressing the conversation about the lack of an address to an accusation of a pocketing attempt. it really is the case that addressing a pocketing attempt accusation is largely pointless, but pointing _that_ out might not be

by and large i don't really truly care how you read me here because i highly doubt you're going to look at my game and read it as town, because of recency and confirmation biases. i can't think of a single time where i played two games over a short period of time, first as scum and second as town, with one or more of the same players, and _wasn't_ scumread the second time around - let alone back to back. that's a consequence of making my playstyle intentionally nebulous to actively curb meta reads on me. i've openly admitted to that before and there's no point in lying about it, and i chose to do that fully aware that it would end up painting a fat target on my back, regardless of alignment, and getting me mislynched way too frequently

non game related, but i hope your injury heals soon
this is still kind of pockety. he makes a decent case for not addressing the pocketing and then for addressing that fact itself, but i haven't known osuka to be this patient and polite to literally anyone else, especially not to someone who's actively pushing towards getting him elemonated. maybe it really is recency/confirmation bias but dude seems very invested in me specifically not disliking him and even with the "strong townread" on me, i don't really understand why
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:27 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 822, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 786, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 785, osuka wrote:this is the last time i'm going to say this: if you can't fully grasp that saying someone is conftown d1 is a hyperbole, or that I said gerains was a mislynch _very clearly_ in THAT hypothetical, for the sake of the argument, then i don't know what else to tell you than to go read a fucking book, because you really need to learn how to interpret some fucking text before you try to play a game of mafia again.
you slipped again. this paragraph was written in the assumption that I am town. i thought was scum?
i don't see how this paragraph explicitly assumes you are town. he's just fighting back against a push. how is this a perspective slip?
he now thinks i'm scum. but in this paragraph, there's an assumption that i'm a bad player (bad town). if i'm misrepresenting his statements, then i'm not bad — i'm scum. he wouldn't say this but relate it to how i'm scum.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:29 am

In post 820, Egix96 wrote:I think the point's been proven. Feels too easy to be a scum yeet.
do you think scum elims are supposed to be harder?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:32 am

In post 777, osuka wrote:
In post 611, geraintm wrote:
In post 607, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 606, geraintm wrote:maybe human eating monkey for his fast about face on me for no good reasons is suspicious - because i didn't do anything to change their mind really.
i don't know what you're saying because even this post is pretty town
the timeline was i believe

you think i'm scum
i go "you can think of me as bad town but i am town"
you go "oh yeah, you are right, you are town!"
i go "that's weird you backed off me so easily"
you go "you are spewing town vibes"
i go "i really am not, you are being weird"
you go "see, you did it again!"

i find your interaction with me odd
@lemons i think this is in line with the game you linked. how would you say this differs from that?
it doesn't differ substantially. gerain just seems overall more invested even in D1 of that other game. to me the difference is that gerain there is trying to stay active in spite of his vocal distaste for D1s, whereas here he seems to be falling back on it as a crutch because it's "how he always plays". dunnstral's ivy's make good points about this. i don't know that i would necessarily say that meta is a
cornerstone
of the case, but it is a decent part. however, i'm not sure how much else you can reasonably expect there to be considering how little gerain has given us to work with.

p-edit: this is kind of a stretch. osuka's statement is "IF you can't fully grasp..." -- he is once again speaking in hypotheticals. the point he's making reads to me as something like "if you're not scum then you're illiterate, which i know you aren't, therefore scum". you're trying pretty hard to make these "if" statements factually inconsistent.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:32 am

In post 730, Cook wrote:
In post 711, osuka wrote:
In post 695, bugspray wrote:got vaccined today my arm horts troo much for reading thius crap
pfizer gang??? my arm hurt like a bitch for like two days after
you have been recruited into the pfizer neighborhood
new role suggestion: 2-shot pfizerizer
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:35 am

Post by osuka »

skimmed the thread on my phone and i saw the votecount

i’ll be at work for a few more hours here please don’t kill me until i’ve had a chance to properly read the last page and a half

with almost two days on the deadline you still have plenty of time to get rid of me

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:43 am

In post 823, InsidiousLemons wrote:i'm kind of surprised to see egix so high up here. what is it about his perspective that you don't empathize with?
As in when Egix has said a lot of stuff that when they posted, I always felt like it was coming from a weirdly synthetic town perspective.
This is a notable feeling I remember I often feel when I see their posts, so I differentiated it as "not emphasizing with his perspective" because it's not really a perspective slip.
I looked at their ISO now and the only thing that I can note was his #540 and "add-ons" to my 1v1s. I felt like "what is he doing?? is this how town would really react right now?" He had a level of confidence about me being town that even I am uncomfortable of.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:43 am

UNVOTE:
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:45 am

i'll review osuka
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:47 am

Post by T3 »

Nice. I got my first Pfizer shot 2 days ago.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:52 am

In post 828, InsidiousLemons wrote:p-edit: this is kind of a stretch. osuka's statement is "IF you can't fully grasp..." -- he is once again speaking in hypotheticals. the point he's making reads to me as something like "if you're not scum then you're illiterate, which i know you aren't, therefore scum". you're trying pretty hard to make these "if" statements factually inconsistent.
I've reviewed it. no not really. this is not how he said it was. you can clearly say what he said.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:52 am

YOU are stretching it
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:54 am

the point he's making reads to me as "if you don't understand, then you're stupid. don't play mafia." because that's exactly what he said.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 827, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 820, Egix96 wrote:I think the point's been proven. Feels too easy to be a scum yeet.
do you think scum elims are supposed to be harder?
Yeah. It's tough to fight against their will.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:58 am

if you can understand the context of this series of posts, it's to make the case that i'm scum. nothing in this series of posts points towards osuka even considering me as town that would relate to this paragraph. this is the type of thing you only say to someone you think is town.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:59 am

In post 838, Egix96 wrote:Yeah. It's tough to fight against their will.
Scum bussing exists. What do you think would have happened if osuka was scum here?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:19 am

Post by bugspray »

It was moderna not Pfizer but I'm gonna eat a food I really like for breakfast and catch up
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 840, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 838, Egix96 wrote:Yeah. It's tough to fight against their will.
Scum bussing exists. What do you think would have happened if osuka was scum here?
Not as many people would have voted him in such a relatively short span of time.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:28 am

In post 839, humaneatingmonkey wrote:if you can understand the context of this series of posts, it's to make the case that i'm scum. nothing in this series of posts points towards osuka even considering me as town that would relate to this paragraph.
this is the type of thing you only say to someone you think is town.
i'm sorry but i just don't think this is true. yes, he is making the case that you're scum, but i still don't see how that paragraph can only be said to someone you think is town. i'm wary of defending osuka too much because he can handle it himself but "if you truly don't understand this then you're stupid" ≠ "i think you're town". the "if" here very blatantly leaves room for an alternate possibility -- that you are scum who is deliberately misunderstanding. if he had phrased it as something like "you are clearly misunderstanding so allow me to explain", i could maybe see this angle. but he didn't. you're creating self-contradictions from osuka that don't actually exist.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:29 am

In post 842, Egix96 wrote:Not as many people would have voted him in such a relatively short span of time.
In post 840, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Scum bussing exists.
^
granted, i don't know how much i buy that scum would bus osuka here so readily, but you don't really do much to respond to this, egix
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:30 am

enjoy your breakfast bug. looking forward to your catch-up
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 844, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 842, Egix96 wrote:Not as many people would have voted him in such a relatively short span of time.
In post 840, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Scum bussing exists.
^
granted, i don't know how much i buy that scum would bus osuka here so readily, but you don't really do much to respond to this, egix
Just giving my two cents. And I'm pretty sure I can handle the flak if I'm wrong here.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:46 am

let me ask this another way: what makes
you
believe that scum wouldn't bus here?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:51 am

Post by bugspray »

TIME TO READ
gonna literally read backwards

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:54 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 837, humaneatingmonkey wrote:the point he's making reads to me as "if you don't understand, then you're stupid. don't play mafia." because that's exactly what he said.
an unacceptable amount of osuka's ISO is that kind of toxic crap, I honestly wonder how he he hasn't caught the ban

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”