UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:45 am

Post by UNOwen »

boxxy's VT claim makes me uneasy but I don't like his case against me and don't feel particularly good about voting anywhere else. I suppose I'm not against a compromise on N_M, though that would just be a combination of PoE and policy.

re Anya: I've skimmed the ISO from the game that Italiano linked and while he's correct the vibe is different, that game was much faster so the comparison isn't sound at all. (Anya's 0-33 posts took place over a ~2 day period for both games linked, here it has taken ~7 days to reach post 28). If I ignore that my experience with Anya was from a more active game, nothing's really pinged me here except me interpreting her initial vote as more serious than she claimed it was. And considering her posts in the game linked the idea that scum!Anya would be pretending to have a semi-serious read in the early game is not realistic, so I think I was just wrong about that regardless of her alignment.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 324, bloodhail wrote:im either giving someone a free pass when i shouldnt be or not_mafia is scum
I'm town
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:32 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: lemons
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:36 am

Post by bloodhail »

In post 326, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 324, bloodhail wrote:im either giving someone a free pass when i shouldnt be or not_mafia is scum
I'm town
thank u
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 10:38 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

rereading makes me wonder if our pair could actually be Italiano and N_M. Italiano handled my suspicion of him strangely (see Owen's ), and / are weirdly defensive of Not_Mafia after 3 nothing posts:
In post 158, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 146, bloodhail wrote:hes not gonna post anything useful
He does post useful content when there is useful content to post.
was there no useful content to post by page 7? your own post history certainly suggests otherwise.

then despite these assurances, in he's fine giving N_M a free D2 pass even in light of a continued total lack of content from him.

if not_mafia is one of our (most likely) 2 scum, that could explain why everyone else looks so darn... town. it's hard to pick out 1 scum out of 8 active players, but italiano's nervousness around running up not_mafia makes me think he could be our magical 1/8. i think the best way to determine this without sacrificing anyone who's actually contributing would be to flip not_mafia and go from there. i know i said i wouldn't support a policy lim but 7 total posts D1 is abhorrent and the increased potential to gain information makes me think this could be the way to go.

thoughts?
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by bloodhail »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: cdb

had a flash of thought that i may be tunneled
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 329, InsidiousLemons wrote:rereading makes me wonder if our pair could actually be Italiano and N_M. Italiano handled my suspicion of him strangely (see Owen's ), and / are weirdly defensive of Not_Mafia after 3 nothing posts:
was there no useful content to post by page 7? your own post history certainly suggests otherwise.

then despite these assurances, in he's fine giving N_M a free D2 pass even in light of a continued total lack of content from him.

if not_mafia is one of our (most likely) 2 scum, that could explain why everyone else looks so darn... town. it's hard to pick out 1 scum out of 8 active players, but italiano's nervousness around running up not_mafia makes me think he could be our magical 1/8. i think the best way to determine this without sacrificing anyone who's actually contributing would be to flip not_mafia and go from there. i know i said i wouldn't support a policy lim but 7 total posts D1 is abhorrent and the increased potential to gain information makes me think this could be the way to go.

thoughts?
i would sort of expect not_mafias partner to not overtly defend him though its wifomy. i think in general though italianos been town and trying to hunt
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 325, UNOwen wrote:boxxy's VT claim makes me uneasy but I don't like his case against me and don't feel particularly good about voting anywhere else.
i also never like it when someone says something like this
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 329, InsidiousLemons wrote:but italiano's nervousness around running up not_mafia makes me think he could be our magical 1/8.
Nervousness?! Come on bruh the framing of that is so wrong it’s ridiculous. :igmeou: :facepalm:
In post 329, InsidiousLemons wrote:i think the best way to determine this without sacrificing anyone who's actually contributing would be to flip not_mafia and go from there. i know i said i wouldn't support a policy lim but 7 total posts D1 is abhorrent and the increased potential to gain information makes me think this could be the way to go.
Tell me what information you gain from a non information slot?

This sounds like scum that just wants to take the path of least resistance. If me and Not_Mafia are your scum team after rereading than you either need to read again or you’re simply scum because that ain’t it.
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by bloodhail »

throw my last reads list in the trash

what i'm looking at with cdb is that so fr he's mostly found reasons to townread people but has been light on actual scumreads, his posting is hitting essentially the bare minimum - his last two posts were random pop-ins with a small a,ount of commentary on some random thing, there's no attempt at really keeping up with the flow of the game or following what's going on

something about lemons getting wrapped up in their little worldbuilding in their last post gives me a little doubt
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by boxxy »

Still waiting on that readlist Italiano, stop stalling
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 335, boxxy wrote:Still waiting on that readlist Italiano, stop stalling
I never said I was 100% giving one. Why’d you assume so?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 189, ItalianoVD wrote:I'm gonna leave the rest of reads until later or Day 2.
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 329, InsidiousLemons wrote:rereading makes me wonder if our pair could actually be Italiano and N_M. Italiano handled my suspicion of him strangely (see Owen's ), and / are weirdly defensive of Not_Mafia after 3 nothing posts:

thoughts?
why do you say pair

is it bc there's 3 wolves and you want to look like you're oblivious and an innocent carnival goer
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 216, ChannelDelibird wrote:Wagons I wouldn't support right now: boxxy, bloodhail, Lemons, UNOwen, Italiano
Wagons I'd therefore consider: Anya, T3, NM
this is actually really lazy this is just ordering reads based on how regular of a customer they are

VOTE: channelbird
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by boxxy »

In post 336, ItalianoVD wrote:
I'm asking you to provide one, do you think it benefits town for you to keep your reads secret? Why? Most other players have provided read lists at this point.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 1:59 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Catching up. Votes on me make sense. I'm definitely not as invested as I'd hoped to be, frustrated that I haven't found a foothold in the game, and you're entirely right to think that my posting patterns match up with 'just doing enough to get by' because that's kind of what's happening here. Very hard to tell the difference between it happening for those reasons and it happening because I don't want my alignment to be exposed.

I feel like this just ends with me voting for Not_Mafia, boring as that sounds.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:32 am

I remain pretty steadfastly uninterested in going the direction of a Lemons vote. They keep being unafraid to state out loud opinions that seem, to me, the kind that will inevitably draw attention for being cop-outs. Opinions like "maybe NM is just scum because we're finding it hard to find a lot of genuine scumreads from the players who actually post" are never going to be popular opinions in this thread. It's the kind of opinion that I've actively been resisting myself from letting develop because I feel like I must be able to do better than that from the information available. But Lemons just posts them, whatever the pushback ends up being. I have a really hard time seeing the kind of image-consciousness from them that is usually the best indicator of scumminess.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:39 am

Boxxy, I want to know if you think you're going to be able to make a UNOwen execution happen and, if not, why your vote is there. We're at the point in the Day where we need to start consolidating and, despite your stated scumread on UNOwen, I can't see any momentum there at all. You've seen votes arriving on me and I'm now the biggest counterwagon to your own, but you haven't commented on those votes despite bloodhail and Anya both clearly stating their reasons for it. Do you see yourself jumping aboard?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:40 am

In post 316, boxxy wrote:If I go look for who joined my wagon opportunistically, there's scum here for sure. I'm rereading the whole thread now to see if I can find anything useful to share before I go.
Did anything come of this?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:45 am

VOTE: Not_Mafia in the interest of actually having a vote down. May move it in a bit.

Unofficial vote count, in the meantime:

[0] Not Voting : n/a

[3] boxxy : Not_Mafia, UNOwen, Italiano
[2] CDB : bloodhail, Anya
[2] Not_Mafia : InsidiousLemons, CDB
[1] UNOwen : boxxy
[1] InsidiousLemons : T3
#greenshirtthursdays
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:59 am

In post 333, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 329, InsidiousLemons wrote:but italiano's nervousness around running up not_mafia makes me think he could be our magical 1/8.
Nervousness?! Come on bruh the framing of that is so wrong it’s ridiculous. :igmeou: :facepalm:
way to attack the wording instead of the argument. call it what you want -- hesitancy, reluctance. what i'm saying still holds -- you were curiously cautious of a Not_Mafia elim from the very outset, to the point where you were willing to call boxxy a "true mafia" () for suggesting that a policy lim might be preferable early rather than in LyLo. to be clear, i was never a fan of that plan either, but your chainsaw is revving a little louder with every defense of not_mafia you make.
In post 333, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 329, InsidiousLemons wrote:i think the best way to determine this without sacrificing anyone who's actually contributing would be to flip not_mafia and go from there. i know i said i wouldn't support a policy lim but 7 total posts D1 is abhorrent and the increased potential to gain information makes me think this could be the way to go.
Tell me what information you gain from a non information slot?
if he's scum then that suggests my theory about you two could be worth considering more deeply. i'm not saying we flashtrain you D2, but making one half of a correct solve in this context does give us information.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 3:01 am

In post 338, Anya wrote:why do you say pair

is it bc there's 3 wolves and you want to look like you're oblivious and an innocent carnival goer
you say this as if we didn't establish in literally post #6 that the most likely setup is 2v7. if you disagreed with that conjecture you certainly never said so, and it's true that that is far and away the most common distribution for a 9p. why are you bothering to make this push?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 3:02 am

In post 340, boxxy wrote:
In post 336, ItalianoVD wrote:
I'm asking you to provide one, do you think it benefits town for you to keep your reads secret? Why? Most other players have provided read lists at this point.
^^^^^
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 3:04 am

In post 341, ChannelDelibird wrote:Votes on me make sense.
this is the second time cdb has said this and i'm not a fan. scum love to play the "yeah, if i were you i'd vote me too" card for sympathy. that said, i think i like cdb on this page so far, and this play can also come from (rusty) town. still more scumpoints than townpoints though

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”