Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 993, osuka wrote:
In post 989, Ivyeo wrote:To clarify, his hypotheticals come from an entirely differnt PoV than his own, and I'm just using words to show that things are leans rather than hard reads.
dumbest post in the thread so far

speaking in hypotheticals is useful to elaborate on what i think the game state is, since i dont actually know what the fuck anyone is going to flip ahead of time. get your head out of your ass
I think you misunderstood, the use of hypotheticals isn't an issue, is a question of why. The hypothetical is assuming something that you appear to strongly disagree with. Let me ask this for clarity then, how sure are you of HEM scum?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 11:35 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 987, InsidiousLemons wrote:re: i'm kind of wary of how fine everyone is with a dunn lim. unanimity suggests that scum are okay with it too, and his flip gives us almost no information. with 16 hours to go, i will be waking up tomorrow right around the time of the deadline, and i suspect this is the case for many of us. we probably need to decide on a lim tonight, despite the monkey's resistance.

it's worth noting that in the convo quoted in , egix is unable to qualify the difference in "attitude" that he feels in ivy's play between one of her scum games and this one, for which he's "thinking she's maybe town here". he's quite eager to move away from the subject in that post, even attacking me to do so. the only reasons he cites for a townread apart from this are and which, while town-looking posts, don't really do it for me anymore given what we've seen since. this could suggest partner equity if one of them flips scum. i recognize that i'm getting a bit all over the place, but i'm feeling the deadline panic a bit and i want to consider every possible option before we make a decision.

VOTE: ivyeo

p-edit: i never criticized her for saying she'd go for dunn so it's interesting that you focus on that. my argument against her is mostly that the progression of her read on osuka feels unnatural. this is being super, super nitpicky, but it also stands out to me slightly that she seems to classify "town" as a group of which she is not a part in . i don't really want to read too much into word choice like this, but it caught my eye, so i might as well mention it.

bug am i right in thinking that your top 2 for today are humaneatingmonkey and dunnstral? i want to see how ivy responds to my post but i'm actually leaning in her direction for a lim atp
This is one of the few votes today I have sat up and went huh.

For someone so keen to get a good elimination today, trying to start one now on Ivy is just odd. It isn't going to happen, and looks to me like an attempt at distraction. Certainly in my interesting pile....
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 11:38 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1000, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 993, osuka wrote:
In post 989, Ivyeo wrote:To clarify, his hypotheticals come from an entirely differnt PoV than his own, and I'm just using words to show that things are leans rather than hard reads.
dumbest post in the thread so far

speaking in hypotheticals is useful to elaborate on what i think the game state is, since i dont actually know what the fuck anyone is going to flip ahead of time. get your head out of your ass
I think you misunderstood, the use of hypotheticals isn't an issue, is a question of why. The hypothetical is assuming something that you appear to strongly disagree with. Let me ask this for clarity then, how sure are you of HEM scum?
the _point_ of a lot of these hypotheticals is to show that something makes sense because the alternative does not. is that not obvious?

i can't say with full certainty that hem is scum but I do believe that slot will flip red at least 70% of the time. there's a real chance he's just townie with his head really far up his ass, but i don't think that's likely enough to justify executing another slot

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 11:38 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1001, geraintm wrote:
In post 987, InsidiousLemons wrote:re: i'm kind of wary of how fine everyone is with a dunn lim. unanimity suggests that scum are okay with it too, and his flip gives us almost no information. with 16 hours to go, i will be waking up tomorrow right around the time of the deadline, and i suspect this is the case for many of us. we probably need to decide on a lim tonight, despite the monkey's resistance.

it's worth noting that in the convo quoted in , egix is unable to qualify the difference in "attitude" that he feels in ivy's play between one of her scum games and this one, for which he's "thinking she's maybe town here". he's quite eager to move away from the subject in that post, even attacking me to do so. the only reasons he cites for a townread apart from this are and which, while town-looking posts, don't really do it for me anymore given what we've seen since. this could suggest partner equity if one of them flips scum. i recognize that i'm getting a bit all over the place, but i'm feeling the deadline panic a bit and i want to consider every possible option before we make a decision.

VOTE: ivyeo

p-edit: i never criticized her for saying she'd go for dunn so it's interesting that you focus on that. my argument against her is mostly that the progression of her read on osuka feels unnatural. this is being super, super nitpicky, but it also stands out to me slightly that she seems to classify "town" as a group of which she is not a part in . i don't really want to read too much into word choice like this, but it caught my eye, so i might as well mention it.

bug am i right in thinking that your top 2 for today are humaneatingmonkey and dunnstral? i want to see how ivy responds to my post but i'm actually leaning in her direction for a lim atp
This is one of the few votes today I have sat up and went huh.

For someone so keen to get a good elimination today, trying to start one now on Ivy is just odd. It isn't going to happen, and looks to me like an attempt at distraction. Certainly in my interesting pile....
elaborate?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 11:55 am

Post by bugspray »

i am always really confused
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by osuka »

that makes two of us

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by osuka »

so are we blasting hem to the moon or what

InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by InsidiousLemons »

makes a convincing enough case that i could probably go for hem. i didn't notice the time discrepancy at first, and i can't find any other examples of monkey replying to a post that isn't the most recent without a quote or p-edit.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:13 pm

we've got to get this show on the road. it's 12 hours to deadline and we need to start building momentum somewhere.

VOTE: humaneatingmonkey

i think this puts him at E-4 because the wagons are still so divided
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 899, bugspray wrote:so why does literally every tpr have to have access to a pt?
don't be ridiculous apples

if that's the case then this question went completely unanswered when it's obviously the more important question being asked

like obviously monkeyman is answering that one rather than answering another which involves him admitting he knows about black market secrets

tempted to vote you for that actually

infact i think this apple has a worm in it VOTE: lemons
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 906, Anya wrote:it's a townfall if anything

the cannister is spraying again
Earlier ypu called out a townfall and said I was full of air

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by bugspray »

Abya what is happening

InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:21 pm

i'm pretty sure anya is sticking with the same thing she said before.

@anya in humaneatingmonkey makes an initial justification which mentions nothing about responding to another question. do you believe that someone who's been on the site since 2017 doesn't know the difference between a PT and a PR?
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Anya »

yeah i think it's a townfall from monkey and lemons doesn't believe what he's saying
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by bugspray »

VOTE: hem seems like it

Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 898, humaneatingmonkey wrote:UNVOTE: Nevermind, I thought all PRs will have daytalk
In post 899, bugspray wrote:so why does literally every tpr have to have access to a pt?
In post 903, humaneatingmonkey wrote:They don't. I just made a mistake.
In post 904, bugspray wrote:
In post 903, humaneatingmonkey wrote:They don't.
s c u m s l i p
In post 905, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 73, Dunnstral wrote:No, that's just a general way of covering roles like neighbor and mason
this is what I remembered and I thought Dunn was zeroing in on the roles available to this game.

I misunderstood that PT and PR are the same
isn't this the obvious sequence of events

bugspray says what pr = pt confusion etc

monkeyeatingbanana replies with 903

bugspray replies with sCuMsLiP

monkey eater clarifies further
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by bugspray »

What is a townfall apparently we are meaning something completely different

Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by Anya »

when town falls over clumsily revealing their town license that fell out of their pocket
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:29 pm

In post 1015, Anya wrote:
In post 898, humaneatingmonkey wrote:UNVOTE: Nevermind, I thought all PRs will have daytalk
In post 904, bugspray wrote:
In post 903, humaneatingmonkey wrote:They don't.
s c u m s l i p
In post 905, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 73, Dunnstral wrote:No, that's just a general way of covering roles like neighbor and mason
this is what I remembered and I thought Dunn was zeroing in on the roles available to this game.

I misunderstood that PT and PR are the same
isn't this the obvious sequence of events

bugspray says what pr = pt confusion etc

monkeyeatingbanana replies with 903

bugspray replies with sCuMsLiP

monkey eater clarifies further
> 898
> 899
> conveniently cuts out 900-902
> 903
> 904
> 905

"isn't this the obvious sequence of events?"
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:31 pm

@bug townfall = anya-speak for townslip. she's saying that hem didn't make a scumslip, which is consistent with her earlier post
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by bugspray »

InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:31 pm

very good bug yes that is the post in question
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:32 pm

@anya if you show me your town license i'll show you mine
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by osuka »

i regret to inform everyone that i am heading to the bars so i'm not going to be sober for very long

just get on the wagon please VOTE: humaneatingmonkey

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by osuka »

voting for effect because ive been voting that slot for a while now

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”