Micro 1013: IMoA [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 247, UneveN wrote:
In post 245, Sigmund wrote:Yea I'm sure it's just a coincidence you would pop in and have time to post when you're getting swung at but when nothing's coming your way you can't post.
Is this how mafia generally respond to this in your experience? Reappearing from absence into this situation as opposed to waiting slightly longer and engaging less specifically?
I'm not here to discuss general or optimal mafia play or mafia theory on response times out of ghosting the thread.

I'm here to kill bad guys
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Sigmund »

does it look bad for him to immediately respond? Yup

should scum not immediately respond when ghost-reading thread? Yup

generally do scum respond immediately on ghosting? Who the fuck knows I haven't done a scientific study and I don't care.

All I care about is what I do know, which is that SS was reading along and responded almost immediately on being called out but couldn't find the ability to weigh in on anything at all while the events were going on and that's highly scum indicative and I want him dead dead.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Well, I think Norwee was town. That's the only thing that stuck out to me on the first read. Not for the replace-out though-- Sigmund, why don't you think Norwee would respond like that as scum?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 141, Something_Smart wrote:Was busy today.

This game got serious fast so I'm gonna have to read it a few times to process it and not at 2am.
In post 140, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ok.

@Andresvmb
@S_S

Why the inactivity?
I’ll forgive Iconeum since i think he’s always V/LA on weekends, but i’d expect a lot more posts from Andres at least.
Not sure I understand this post when I clearly said I wasn’t going to be active yesterday I believe. Or maybe I didn’t post it here but whatever.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I didn’t mean to quote the first post.
UneveN
UneveN
Townie
UneveN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by UneveN »

In post 251, Sigmund wrote:generally do scum respond immediately on ghosting? Who the fuck knows I haven't done a scientific study and I don't care.
I think town often go 'hey wait that is me you are calling out for being absent! and I am town!' and respond accordingly. Whereas mafia usually wait but...

'thread is dense' rings hollow with me as well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:10 pm

In post 255, UneveN wrote:'thread is dense' rings hollow with me as well.
You think I'm scum and called the thread dense knowing that it wasn't? Or you think my faculty for judging how dense a thread is is dependent on my alignment?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
ta vera
ta vera
Goon
ta vera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by ta vera »

i believe something_smart. it can take effort to come up with thoughts about the game even for town. and if i'm remembering correctly, something_smart often takes a while to become engaged with the game.
UneveN
UneveN
Townie
UneveN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by UneveN »

In post 256, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 255, UneveN wrote:'thread is dense' rings hollow with me as well.
You think I'm scum and called the thread dense knowing that it wasn't? Or you think my faculty for judging how dense a thread is is dependent on my alignment?
None of the above, really. More 'I have not been engaging because thread is dense' feels less like how the thread is and more like something to say. Like difficulty engaging makes sense, there's already been shitpushing into a replacement and a lot of absence and people who are here seemingly 'waiting' for lack of a better word, but 'thread is dense' doesn't feel... right, to me.
ta vera
ta vera
Goon
ta vera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by ta vera »

i don't understand why that specific phrase is causing problems for you.
UneveN
UneveN
Townie
UneveN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by UneveN »

In post 259, ta vera wrote:i don't understand why that specific phrase is causing problems for you.
Because it does not feel right, and was stressed.
In post 229, Something_Smart wrote:I already said that I needed to reread the thread because the content has been so dense
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:25 pm

In post 258, UneveN wrote:None of the above, really. More 'I have not been engaging because thread is dense' feels less like how the thread is and more like something to say. Like difficulty engaging makes sense, there's already been shitpushing into a replacement and a lot of absence and people who are here seemingly 'waiting' for lack of a better word, but 'thread is dense' doesn't feel... right, to me.
It's not that I have tried to engage and failed because the thread is dense. It's because while stuff was happening and I was busy, I followed the thread loosely and was like "wow, people are getting serious way faster than I thought they would. I'm going to have to sit down and read this closely before I can actually interact with it."

But, I'm a lazy-ass, and I didn't feel like doing that. But I saw Sigmund's comments, and there wasn't any reason why I couldn't interact with that because it didn't depend on anything that had happened previously.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Also, if you'd like a more specific explanation of what I meant by dense-- it's that I meant the content-to-page ratio was very high. I think I overestimated it a bit, but it's still incredibly high by first-10-pages standards.
UneveN
UneveN
Townie
UneveN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by UneveN »

In post 259, ta vera wrote:you
How are you feeling about my alignment these days?
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Moongrass »

VOTE: Something_smart
ta vera
ta vera
Goon
ta vera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by ta vera »

In post 263, UneveN wrote:my
you are displaying some nuanced thought which is good even though some of those nuances i disagree with. maybe you're town.
ta vera
ta vera
Goon
ta vera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by ta vera »

lol. i didn't mean to quote just one word. i wasn't trying to copy you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:22 pm

lmao
ta vera
ta vera
Goon
ta vera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by ta vera »

In post 264, Moongrass wrote:VOTE: Something_smart
why have you left vfp?
UneveN
UneveN
Townie
UneveN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by UneveN »

In post 266, ta vera wrote:i wasn't trying to copy you.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 268, ta vera wrote:
In post 264, Moongrass wrote:VOTE: Something_smart
why have you left vfp?
SS seems something_suspicious to me in his defense. I am not townreading VFP if that is what you're asking. You seem to be defending my suspects today. How do you feel about SS?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm

In post 270, Moongrass wrote:SS seems something_suspicious to me in his defense.
Why?
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Moongrass »

I agree with the scummy Poppins and anti-dense theories and find it odd that you've put more energy into defending yourself rather than commenting on the game so far when you claim you have no time. Also, why are you taking Sigmund seriously enough to feel like you have to defend yourself? Feels like you know they're town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Lol Poppins. Also I did read and comment on the game; I only had one thing worth noting, which was that Norwee was town. Nobody asked me to elaborate on it.

Why wouldn't I take someone else scumreading me seriously? Even if Sigmund is scum, I want to make sure that other people aren't swayed by him (really, I want that regardless of his alignment). And forcing him to justify himself more will help me (and others) read him.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

for the record i think that this current discourse around SS is basically completely non-effective in sorting him (although it still might be useful for other people). i think that these sorts of accusations are basically autopilot for SS because in my experience some random thing fairly similar to this gets thrown at him like every single game.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”