navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by navigatorv »

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Do you mean what am I doing by calling out your strange behavior? Why I've been playing the way I have? Or is it something else?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

you're characterizing me as a rude boy when I haven't really been an asshole to anyone
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

My opinions on Fizz Raab

Spoiler:
In post 89, Fizz Raab wrote:
In post 87, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 85, Fizz Raab wrote:I'm sorry, how does overexplaining stuff this class as a scum move? I think voting for me over this is absolotely ridiclilous. What's wrong with overexplaining something? Please tell me.
so you agree, you're overexplaining?
So what if I am. It still doesn't classify as a scum move and a ridiclious reason to vote me.
I am not completely aware with the normal tone of this forum, this feels rather passive aggressive to me. I think the term is flaking? Acting suspiciously under any pressure.
In post 150, Fizz Raab wrote:
In post 92, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 90, Fizz Raab wrote:So what if I am. It still doesn't classify as a scum move and a ridiclious reason to vote me.
What classifies as a scum move in your opinion?
For one people voting without a reason for it. People who just do short posts without a reasoning for it. I think this is one dumb vote on your part. Why is the guy your defending classifies as town?
Humaneatingmonkey, run. Your posts range from 20 words to 64 words, I am curious how short short must be, this is seeing an 8 calling it an 8, then seeing an upside down 8 and calling it a 6. I wouldn't mind more clarification as to what you think is or isn't Alignment indicative, my personal opinion is post length isn't indicative but can be a nod in a direction with enough context. Very curious to see how JacksonVirgo responds to post 150, I don't expect them to be satisfied with the answer.

My opinions on orctin

Spoiler:
In post 64, orctin wrote:This is total setup for me to hammer Micc - he's at E-1 i believe. At the moment he is high on my scum list but ending day early is generally a bad play. I'd rather allow him a chance to post before a hammer vote goes down

Aside from Micc i dont have much of a town/scum read otherwise really, it's just to early for me to draw those kind of conclusions. but some basic thoughts to help start people down that road.

Fizz Raab - playing the newbie card early
Salsabil Faria - seems knowledgeable on the game - countered to Micc's early push
Dum - new to forum game - able to speculate new opinion and pushed on missing player,
NinjaStore - Strong enough player to stand up for opinion
navigatorv - brought up a no-elim possibility which seems to be counter to most people here, strong enough to push back with some sound reasoning against micc
JacksonVirgo - Joke vote to myself just because we knew each other most likely - started out slow last time i seen him and seems to be doign the same - no read at this point
Micc - Seems quick to throw out heat to someone hoping to build quick attention on someone, pushed for someone to play a certain way but failed to back up his own simple reasoning
humaneatingmonkey-dsjstr - just replaced into game - simple post and vote - not much to read yet but was quick to throw a vote out there.
Why so many null reads? I apologise if I misunderstood your reasoning for voting Micc, but it is due to voting with not much justification and/or voting for the sake of voting. (I think this is how this works?) should alter your read for Navigator, should alter your read for Dum, and are you doing the same as what you are claiming Micc did, I won't stop you explaining why they are different, seems like feigning activity / lurking / voting for the sake of voting but, each to their own, and to their own each.

My opinions on Dum

Spoiler:

I do understand the idea behind this, see who "hammers", voila we found scum. I don't like that I'm interpreting this as town lean. I really don't. From my perspective it doesn't make sense for Scum to do this. It ruins your late game claims I would assume, "if they were scum why didn't they go to hammer?".

Anyway that's been adressed a bunch already, the other issue with the post:
1-navigatorv. As of right now, everything they have done looks extremely townie to me, especially with the reads they have been posting (Wich i mostly agree with).
So you disagree regarding Jackson, Salsabil (myself), these slots aren't scum in your eyes, they are neutral. As of post 103 navigatorv viewed orctin as town, you didn't, post 80 implied (loosely) a town lean on Dum, both of these you view as neutral. I can't help but to see this as not helpful, if you don't have reads on somebody, say you don't have reads on somebody, or just make something up for content. Regardless the main issue at hand:

The Micc vote justification? You are suspicious of him because he is overexplaining things, you look at past games he has had a stake in, and your conclusion as to what is most likely, is that he is trying to help people "understand the game and have fun". I don't understand. I am confused.

My opinions on JacksonVirgo

Spoiler:
I don't understand why their vote didn't move to navigatorv pre post . On the note of post :
Also I disagree with Orc, they will not defend themselves properly and we won't get any pressure reads until they get pushed on. Again not voting but throwing intent is meaningless.

Why didn't you move your vote onto Dum? You considered him to be "scummy" along with the player I replaced, they do something, overall seen as scummy, yet you sit back and don't vote? Instead the vote hovers around a player who wasn't around. As of this very moment I think you are the scum duo.

My opinions on humaneatingmonkey

Spoiler:
I mean, he is clear about what he likes and doesn't like, posts for fun, I have no issues with this, he may not enjoy walls, but a "why" wouldn't hurt to have. Meh.

My opinions on Micc

Spoiler:
Explains himself, nice. I would have preferred no , would've made the Dum gambit more useful for everyone, but being open has its benefits also. I also appreciate his comments on how people are playing, he said he'll catch up, I'm hoping when he does, he'll comment on the Dum comment, and the little quarrel between Navigatorv and JacksonVirgo. Basically he feels like what orctin was attempting earlier ^, but done with a much more town oriented aura.

My opinions on NinjaTools

Spoiler:
Please post more. Why didn't you put Dum on E-2 in ? Why didn't you vote for Micc after your ?

My opinions on Navigatorv

Spoiler:
It appears he is actually bothered by certain people's post quality and relavance, annoyance at lack of content being created, I'm not very experienced but this just feels towny to me

Individually, Fizz Raab, or orctin are the scummiest, but of course, there are 2 scum out there. JacksonVirgo and Dum as a scum duo makes sense to me, even though individually they aren't the most scummy, but when I consider them in conjunction, it makes sense to me.
This can easily change based on the response to this post, I don't want to be stubborn and cause issues.

UNVOTE: Micc
VOTE: Dum
This puts Dum at E-2.

By the way, if anybody really wants content just say so.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

Can the both of you try to get along? The game is for fun, people post some posts for fun. The three of us are all voting Dum, let's focus on that instead of bickering.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:12 pm

i think navigatorv is trying to vote me here, but can't really get himself to
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:13 pm

i'm guessing he wants to wait until someone agrees so it can look like a valid move
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by navigatorv »

I mean I wouldn't say that your general demeanor has been asshole-ish, but like I said, calling someone who just joined weird with nothing really productive added is pretty rude, yeah.
Anyways, I'm sorry if my wording was harsh, been having a shitty night irl so I might be a bit snappier than normal. I'll try to keep my cool better from now on.
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by navigatorv »

In post 179, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i think navigatorv is trying to vote me here, but can't really get himself to
Actually no, I still think you're town, I guess those posts just got under my skin for some reason, again, sorry.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:27 pm

In post 165, NinjaStore wrote:Orctin had already made it pretty clear that he knew he wasn't hammering with that vote, and both Micc and Dum continued quizzing him about it anyway. Micc also posted twice without mentioning that Dum's vote count was off, then immediately brought it up after Orctin cast his vote. Almost as if both he and Dum were waiting for someone to take the bait and cast a vote.
I like this post
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 177, JamesTheNames wrote:I don't understand why their vote didn't move to navigatorv pre post 130. On the note of post 130:
Also I disagree with Orc, they will not defend themselves properly and we won't get any pressure reads until they get pushed on. Again not voting but throwing intent is meaningless.

Why didn't you move your vote onto Dum? You considered him to be "scummy" along with the player I replaced, they do something, overall seen as scummy, yet you sit back and don't vote? Instead the vote hovers around a player who wasn't around. As of this very moment I think you are the scum duo.
Are you assuming I am scum-reading navi? I believe I have clearly stated who I think the scum is, and I do not believe I have ever said that I scum-read navi. If you actually checked who I scum-read, and then check my vote. And then ask this again.

Also, trying to solve through associations without a flip is a really bad idea and will majority of the time be wrong.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:32 pm

navigatorv, if you're town, just stop obsessing over every move and just act. acknowledge that a lot of gameplay are just instincts your gut tells you that you try to find justification for. it's important to act first, and gauge strongly anything feels.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:33 pm

In post 185, humaneatingmonkey wrote:gauge strongly anything feels.
EBWOP gauge *how strongly anything feels
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Wait a fuckin' second. You are the salsa slot. Why are you refusing to acknowledge I am voting your slot

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:34 pm

guess what, if you're town, it's very easy to look town because you're town. if you're mafia, you're gonna have to be an oscar-winning actor to fake spontaneity like that.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 187, JacksonVirgo wrote:Wait a fuckin' second. You are the salsa slot. Why are you refusing to acknowledge I am voting your slot
All of the pressure from a vote with no sustanence or logic forces me to respond to it. You don't have to scum read someone to vote for them. You could just go down the route of "oh that seems suspicious", "oh that could apply some nice pressure", "I keep pushing very aggressively against somebody, and my push is focused on someone not wanting to be voted, maybe I should vote them and test the hypothesis."
Mainly the last one.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 169, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 168, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 167, JamesTheNames wrote:I will try my best to win though.
so weird from the get go
I'll take this a compliment. Thank you.

Take the following with a pinch of salt,
gut-feels

Scummiest in no particular order:
JacksonVirgo, Fizz Raab, Orctin, Penguin_Alien
Meh in no particular order:
Dum, NinjaStore, Humaneatingmonkey (I like this name), Navigator
Towniest in no particular order:
Micc, Cabd

This was my first read over of all the messages, I'll read them again, try to link things/unlink things. Fingers crossed it goes well. There are many mehs because it is based off of vibe not anything particularly concrete, this will be fixed.
Explain these reads

wiki // GTKAS
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 190, JacksonVirgo wrote:
so weird from the get go

gut-feels

Micc, Cabd

This was my first read over of all the messages, I'll read them again, try to link things/unlink things. Fingers crossed it goes well. There are many mehs because it is based off of vibe not anything particularly concrete, this will be fixed.
Explain these reads
Penguin_Alien posted once and disappeared, absolutely lurking.
As for the rest: No.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 189, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 187, JacksonVirgo wrote:Wait a fuckin' second. You are the salsa slot. Why are you refusing to acknowledge I am voting your slot
All of the pressure from a vote with no sustanence or logic forces me to respond to it. You don't have to scum read someone to vote for them. You could just go down the route of "oh that seems suspicious", "oh that could apply some nice pressure", "I keep pushing very aggressively against somebody, and my push is focused on someone not wanting to be voted, maybe I should vote them and test the hypothesis."
Mainly the last one.
I have no clue what you're saying. I have already said I scum-read your slot and Dums and I have made it obviously so, yet you're saying that you thought it was a pressure vote or something? That is the strangest thing I've heard so far.

You then appear in the thread, completely ignoring the fact that I am voting you, then you go and ask why I am not voting Dum when it's quite obvious if you read the game (which by your wording I am assuming you have) why I am not, as I've already said why. Then you say you have the strongest scum-read on myself, without explaining it at all and then in a later post you say how your read on me is not from me as an individual but as an associative read with me and dum. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is insane.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 191, JamesTheNames wrote:
so weird from the get go

gut-feels

Micc, Cabd

Explain these reads
Thank you for strengthening my read on you.

wiki // GTKAS
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 192, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Mainly the last one.
I have no clue what you're saying. I have already said I scum-read your slot and Dums and I have made it obviously so, yet you're saying that you thought it was a pressure vote or something? That is the strangest thing I've heard so far.

You then appear in the thread, completely ignoring the fact that I am voting you, then you go and ask why I am not voting Dum when it's quite obvious if you read the game (which by your wording I am assuming you have) why I am not, as I've already said why. Then you say you have the strongest scum-read on myself, without explaining it at all and then in a later post you say how your read on me is not from me as an individual but as an associative read with me and dum. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is insane.
This was me being foolish and getting navigatorv and Dum mixed up in my head, I do apologise.
Your whole issue with Salsa was they apologised.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 194, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 192, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Mainly the last one.

This was me being foolish and getting navigatorv and Dum mixed up in my head, I do apologise.
Your whole issue with Salsa was they apologised.
You're misrepresenting.

wiki // GTKAS
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 193, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 191, JamesTheNames wrote:
so weird from the get go

gut-feels

Micc, Cabd

Explain these reads
Thank you for strengthening my read on you.
You are very welcome, feel free to read the post I did before that, explaining it was a gut feel post, or to read the post following this which were actual reads.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

Something which I forgot to mention with JacksonVirgo:
Mainly the last one.
This post, where I got stuff mixed up in my head, my mistake, is referring to Navigatorv, Jackson's main issue with Navigatorv is the idea that Navigatorv is scared of being voted for, for some reason doesn't vote on this, and instead hovers an, at the time, AFK slot, due to them apologising.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:50 pm

In post 191, JamesTheNames wrote:Penguin_Alien posted once and disappeared, absolutely lurking.
...so where did you get the gut reads from? Can you be more descriptive?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

You're still misrepresenting me dude