JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 200, JacksonVirgo wrote:You're still misrepresenting me dude
"I am voting Salsa since the read on Dum isn't super strong but they've been overly apologetic which I am thinking may be them doing so to "protect" themselves from any slips they make, which I also think is a subconscious act since they're new to the site."
Voting because of apologising.
post 130: I would rather focus on Dum or Salsa
You have an actual case against Dum, why aren't you going for that?
You have a bit of a case against Navigatorv, why aren't you going for that?
UNVOTE: Dum
VOTE: JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:57 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

For fuck sake you can't be this dense. I am voting because of the intentions/tone behind their content not the content itself. Now stop fucking misrepresenting me I swear to fucking god
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by navigatorv »

Wait, I'm a bit confused, whe did Jackson think that I was scared of being voted? I remember HEM thought that but can't remember Jackson ever saying anything like that?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

you are obviously scared of the lynch, dude
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:59 pm

i'm evaluating if it's newbie anxiety or scum anxiety.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 203, navigatorv wrote:Wait, I'm a bit confused, whe did Jackson think that I was scared of being voted? I remember HEM thought that but can't remember Jackson ever saying anything like that?
I don't think I've said that either

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:00 pm

VOTE: JamesTheNames
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by navigatorv »

Honestly I don't think I've been able to follow the last several posts cause I think James has been getting people mixed up. I'd recommend re-reading the thread more carefully and then re-explaining your thoughts.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 206, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 203, navigatorv wrote:Wait, I'm a bit confused, whe did Jackson think that I was scared of being voted? I remember HEM thought that but can't remember Jackson ever saying anything like that?
I don't think I've said that either
The end of 124
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Ah I see, I said it in a non-direct way. My bad

wiki // GTKAS
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by navigatorv »

Right, the "backlash" comment. Tbf I think while you will vote for what you find suspicious, I think Jackson only votes for what they think are scum moves. Even if I was scared of backlash, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm scum, whereas apologizing in advance for screw ups might have come off to them as scum behavior for various reasons. I could be wrong, but that's what I assumed based on their playstyle
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by navigatorv »

I think one of the hardest parts about this game is realizing that not everyone thinks the way you do so things that wouldn't mean much to you could be vastly different for someone else and vice versa
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by navigatorv »

Wait, duh, I just reread the previous posts and I think I understand what you were trying to say. You think that me and Jackson are the scum pair and that's why they didn't vote for me despite seeming to think I'm acting out of fear of backlash, is that right?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 213, navigatorv wrote:Wait, duh, I just reread the previous posts and I think I understand what you were trying to say. You think that me and Jackson are the scum pair and that's why they didn't vote for me despite seeming to think I'm acting out of fear of backlash, is that right?
No, Dum and Jackson, there was only 1 post I got you and Dum confused in.
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Post by navigatorv »

Hmm, I dunno. Even if they didn't vote him, they still put Dum into the spotlight at a time that, as far as I know, no one really suspected him, which seems kinda counter-intuitive for scum to do so early on. The reason why they chose Salsa instead of Dum does make some amount of sense since, while Salsa didn't post often, they had posted in ways that could be construed as scum, whereas Dum was just a hunch based on his apologizing in advance.
I'm not gonna deny that the possibility is there, the logic just doesn't make as much sense to me.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:00 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

Anyway, ignoring the mess, the point stands, it is really suspicious that they didn't vote Dum. The whole game they said they were suspicious of Dum, admittedly alongside me/Salsa, but they were suspicious of Dum all game. Dum starts to be in the spotlight, JacksonVirgo decides, you know what, I was suspicious of Dum all the game, there's a wagon forming on Dum, there's no point in voting someone I think is scummy. All of JacksonVirgo's repsonses in Post , would completely justify voting Dum.
"If I really wanted to spark fighting I would be aiding in the push of Orc or Micc not try and start a new wagon as that would put attention more on myself which would be counter-intuitive."
By post 130, a wagon was already forming on Dum, and they think Dum is scummy or warranting of suspicion.
"Also I disagree with Orc, they will not defend themselves properly and we won't get any pressure reads until they get pushed on. Again not voting but throwing intent is meaningless."
This is referring to the Dum wagon, once again, they find Dum to be suspicious or scummy, so why don't they vote.
I also present to you: Post
"Also if you haven't got much to work with, make them by voting other's you think is likely scum, communicate between other perspectives and get responses from those you are pushing. This will create the necessary content. We can't just sit around idle waiting for scum to out themselves."
How does pushing someone, essentially afk, "get responses from those you are pushing". How is not jumping on a wagon you find suspicious not "sit around idle waiting for scum to out themselves"?

I'm convinced completely, it is to feign suspicions of Dum, correct me if I'm mistaken, but Dum hasn't been a strong town read this game, and a fair few of us have been suspicious at at least one point, so why else would they pretend to be suspicious of Dum, if not because they are scum buddies, wanting to subtly distance themselves?

The slot I replaced into, barely posted, fair enough. They were never as big of a focus as Micc was. They say they don't want to start a wagon because they don't want attention. Why wouldn't they want attention? Town loves attention, they know they're Town, they don't have to worry about making mistakes like Scum do. They are trying to get everybody else to vote. They are trying to fly under the radar, to distance themselves from their scum duo (Dum).

@JacksonVirgo, what would it take for you to actually vote Dum? Do you need a cop to reveal Dum as scum? Do you want to wait until there is less attention on him? You're suspicious of him, other people are suspcious or wary of him, you have a prime time to apply pressure.

I apologisse for the lack of organisation and neatness in the last few posts.
I am 99% these are the duo, entirely based on JacksonVirgo.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:09 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

[quote="In post 211I think Jackson only votes for what they think are scum moves. Even if I was scared of backlash, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm scum[/quote]
This is actually Town, I am fairly confident in this from this post. And to comment on this, that is indeed how I play. Just because an action may seem scummy or anti-town from the surface, does not mean that it comes from scum. Look deeper or you'll fall for false rabbit holes

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:23 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 216, JamesTheNames wrote:Anyway, ignoring the mess, the point stands, it is really suspicious that they didn't vote Dum. The whole game they said they were suspicious of Dum, admittedly alongside me/Salsa, but they were suspicious of Dum all game. Dum starts to be in the spotlight, JacksonVirgo decides, you know what, I was suspicious of Dum all the game, there's a wagon forming on Dum, there's no point in voting someone I think is scummy. All of JacksonVirgo's repsonses in Post , would completely justify voting Dum.

Why should I vote Dum, who I only scum-read mainly from gut over someone I have logic against. Why should I vote Dum, when I have a stronger read on someone else. You're assuming my read on Dum is stronger, when it's not. You keep assuming my logic on Salsa is "just them apologizing" when that's not the case at all. And I am the one that actually started throwing suspicion onto Dum before everybody else so your logic here is completely wrong. Your logic only stands if my only scum-read is Dum, which is completely not the case.

"If I really wanted to spark fighting I would be aiding in the push of Orc or Micc not try and start a new wagon as that would put attention more on myself which would be counter-intuitive."
By post 130, a wagon was already forming on Dum, and they think Dum is scummy or warranting of suspicion.
I started the fucking wagon dude, if I wanted to spark more fighting I wouldn't have done that as if I were scum, I would have no idea that it would take weight so fast.

"Also I disagree with Orc, they will not defend themselves properly and we won't get any pressure reads until they get pushed on. Again not voting but throwing intent is meaningless."
This is referring to the Dum wagon, once again, they find Dum to be suspicious or scummy, so why don't they vote.
This is starting to get hilariously insane. I keep saying I have more suspicion on your slot, so why would I vote elsewhere.

"Also if you haven't got much to work with, make them by voting other's you think is likely scum, communicate between other perspectives and get responses from those you are pushing. This will create the necessary content. We can't just sit around idle waiting for scum to out themselves."
How does pushing someone, essentially afk, "get responses from those you are pushing". How is not jumping on a wagon you find suspicious not "sit around idle waiting for scum to out themselves"?

Check my last response. It's not hard dude

I'm convinced completely, it is to feign suspicions of Dum, correct me if I'm mistaken, but Dum hasn't been a strong town read this game, and a fair few of us have been suspicious at at least one point, so why else would they pretend to be suspicious of Dum, if not because they are scum buddies, wanting to subtly distance themselves?

What are you saying here? Null-read does not mean they're a scum-read what is your point.

The slot I replaced into, barely posted, fair enough. They were never as big of a focus as Micc was. They say they don't want to start a wagon because they don't want attention. Why wouldn't they want attention? Town loves attention, they know they're Town, they don't have to worry about making mistakes like Scum do. They are trying to get everybody else to vote. They are trying to fly under the radar, to distance themselves from their scum duo (Dum).

It does not matter how much they've posted. Their overall tone and the way they've been speaking is hugely filled with self-preservation. What the fuck are you even saying about attention, it is clear Salsa didn't want to be in the middle of it all and then you say Town loves attention, you're essentially saying that your slot
is
scum.

@JacksonVirgo, what would it take for you to actually vote Dum? Do you need a cop to reveal Dum as scum? Do you want to wait until there is less attention on him? You're suspicious of him, other people are suspcious or wary of him, you have a prime time to apply pressure.

When I feel the time is right, if you flip Town Dum is who I would next bet is scum it's not this hard to get in your head is it? Jesus.

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:28 pm

In post 217, JacksonVirgo wrote:[quote="In post 211I think Jackson only votes for what they think are scum moves. Even if I was scared of backlash, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm scum
This is actually Town, I am fairly confident in this from this post. And to comment on this, that is indeed how I play. Just because an action may seem scummy or anti-town from the surface, does not mean that it comes from scum. Look deeper or you'll fall for false rabbit holes[/quote]
why is this town? to be honest I'm reading navigator as scum here
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 0, Cabd wrote:
Newbie 2064 - One vs. One Hundred

Moderator: Cabd
Backup Moderator and Dialogue Snark-Author: Penguin_Alien

Are you a bad enough dude(t) to take on the mob and win? Let's find out...

The flavor is purely for our (players+mods) collective enjoyment and has no effect whatsoever on the NewD3 newbie game setup and rules. This game will borrow imagery and flavor, as is my whimsy, from old television game shows, but will avoid spoilers for the results of those shows unless completely unavoidable.
In post 218, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 216, JamesTheNames wrote:Anyway, ignoring the mess, the point stands, it is really suspicious that they didn't vote Dum. The whole game they said they were suspicious of Dum, admittedly alongside me/Salsa, but they were suspicious of Dum all game. Dum starts to be in the spotlight, JacksonVirgo decides, you know what, I was suspicious of Dum all the game, there's a wagon forming on Dum, there's no point in voting someone I think is scummy. All of JacksonVirgo's repsonses in Post , would completely justify voting Dum.

Why should I vote Dum, who I only scum-read mainly from gut over someone I have logic against. Why should I vote Dum, when I have a stronger read on someone else. You're assuming my read on Dum is stronger, when it's not. You keep assuming my logic on Salsa is "just them apologizing" when that's not the case at all. And I am the one that actually started throwing suspicion onto Dum before everybody else so your logic here is completely wrong. Your logic only stands if my only scum-read is Dum, which is completely not the case.

I started the fucking wagon dude, if I wanted to spark more fighting I wouldn't have done that as if I were scum, I would have no idea that it would take weight so fast.

This is starting to get hilariously insane. I keep saying I have more suspicion on your slot, so why would I vote elsewhere.

Check my last response. It's not hard dude

What are you saying here? Null-read does not mean they're a scum-read what is your point.

It does not matter how much they've posted. Their overall tone and the way they've been speaking is hugely filled with self-preservation. What the fuck are you even saying about attention, it is clear Salsa didn't want to be in the middle of it all and then you say Town loves attention, you're essentially saying that your slot
is
scum.

When I feel the time is right, if you flip Town Dum is who I would next bet is scum it's not this hard to get in your head is it? Jesus.

Why would you waste time on a wagon gaining no ground. There's another person you're suspicious of. It is simple that you'd decide to turn attention to that person, from any pressure you would have applied, you could've determined a lot. I wouldn't call that insane. It isn't like I am saying to never vote me or my previous slot again. Before I joined this game you were pushing others to vote Dum, not my slot. I don't know why this is not obvious.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:31 pm

nav, how did your read on Jackson progress over the game?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

Ignore the first bit of my last post that was an accident.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 219, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 217, JacksonVirgo wrote:[quote="In post 211I think Jackson only votes for what they think are scum moves. Even if I was scared of backlash, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm scum
This is actually Town, I am fairly confident in this from this post. And to comment on this, that is indeed how I play. Just because an action may seem scummy or anti-town from the surface, does not mean that it comes from scum. Look deeper or you'll fall for false rabbit holes
why is this town? to be honest I'm reading navigator as scum here[/quote]
Jackson thinks it is town indicative because it supports them.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 223, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 219, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 217, JacksonVirgo wrote:[quote="In post 211]I think Jackson only votes for what they think are scum moves. Even if I was scared of backlash, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm scum
why is this town? to be honest I'm reading navigator as scum here
Jackson thinks it is town indicative because it supports them.[/quote]
Incorrect, but if you wanna go for this. You think I am scum because it does not support you ;)

I think it's Town because they're actively trying to understand my suggestions to them, trying to understand my playstyle not just at the surface but at it's core in an attempt to coordinate. It could be them pocketing me but at the moment I have no reason to believe so.

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”