Micro 1009: Would You Like To Be My Neighbor? [Game Over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Emily »

I have a limited amount of time each day and I'm not going to waste time on something that's impossible to do.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1285, Emily wrote:I have one small request however.

If you are town in the neighbor pair.

Let the mafia player vote first.
I think you know that there’s no mafia in our pair and this is an attempt to push whomever does vote you first. It’s extremely disingenuous because in what world do you honestly think this would even happen?

If you were town, you’d actually be putting some good faith effort into sorting us but you won’t unless you can push whichever of us votes you first.

The fact that you’re soley basing your read on which one of us votes you first. isn’t sorting. It’s textbook scum survivalism.

Make reads or I will vote you and since you’re not doing a damn thing to sort either of us, why shouldn’t I vote you right here?
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Emily »

In post 1291, Loki Dokie wrote:I want to hear your case first Emily but I really think everything points to you. I still want to hear your case but barring anything unforeseen happening, I think Vanders’ kill points to you because you knew he was 100% voting you if he lived.
that makes so much sense Loki.

I the lone scum surviving decide to leave alive a neighborhood of two who hard-townread each other to the point of calling themselves a masonry.

because that's totally the way to win the game.

just leave the 2 masons alive to the end.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by Emily »

If you're town and you want to throw by voting for me

you can go ahead and do it.

Don't blame me post game for your own self being pocketed
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1302, Emily wrote:
In post 1291, Loki Dokie wrote:I want to hear your case first Emily but I really think everything points to you. I still want to hear your case but barring anything unforeseen happening, I think Vanders’ kill points to you because you knew he was 100% voting you if he lived.
that makes so much sense Loki.

I the lone scum surviving decide to leave alive a neighborhood of two who hard-townread each other to the point of calling themselves a masonry.

because that's totally the way to win the game.

just leave the 2 masons alive to the end.
Yes that is an extremely good point and I think ideally scum!you ought to have killed between us but Vanders unfortunately tied your hands. That’s your dilemma because why wouldn’t scum!you kill your biggest threat?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1303, Emily wrote:If you're town and you want to throw by voting for me

you can go ahead and do it.

Don't blame me post game for your own self being pocketed
This doesn’t help me because why should I think it’s Hopkirk who’s pocketing me here and not you?

He’s been doing tons of sorting in our hood and the best you’ve got is saying I’d be gamethrowing?
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Emily »

In post 1304, Loki Dokie wrote:Yes that is an extremely good point and I think ideally scum!you ought to have killed between us but Vanders unfortunately tied your hands. That’s your dilemma because why wouldn’t scum!you kill your biggest threat?
a pair of townies who hard-townread each other is much harder to play against than 1 person who hard scumreads you
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1299, Emily wrote:Both of you have told me all game you are treating your neighborhood as a masonry

so why would I expend the effort to convince you otherwise?

It's clear to me that one of you has pocketed the other one and nothing I do will change that, it's up to you to believe that you could be pocketed.
Here’s what I think. If I vote you, you will try to pocket Hopkirk and convince him I’m scum and the same to me, should he be the one to place the first vote.

I want reads on both me and Hopkirk. Go.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Emily »

In post 1305, Loki Dokie wrote:This doesn’t help me because why should I think it’s Hopkirk who’s pocketing me here and not you?

He’s been doing tons of sorting in our hood and the best you’ve got is saying I’d be gamethrowing?
do you think he's unable to do sorting if he's scum?
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Emily »

In post 1307, Loki Dokie wrote:Here’s what I think. If I vote you, you will try to pocket Hopkirk and convince him I’m scum and the same to me, should he be the one to place the first vote.

You're probably the townie here because you sound exactly like the way you sounded when you were stubbornly wrong at the end of Menagarie and he's probably scum because he only posted one sentence.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1306, Emily wrote:
In post 1304, Loki Dokie wrote:Yes that is an extremely good point and I think ideally scum!you ought to have killed between us but Vanders unfortunately tied your hands. That’s your dilemma because why wouldn’t scum!you kill your biggest threat?
a pair of townies who hard-townread each other is much harder to play against than 1 person who hard scumreads you
So tell me which one of us do think killed Vanders and why and why that makes more sense than you doing it?

You’re giving me absolutely nothing, no reason to think you’re not the last scum here.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Emily »

if I am scum and I have 1 person who hard-scumreads me and 2 people who hard-townread each other. I will kill in the hard townread pair most of the time.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Emily »

This is just elementary nightkill strategy as scum:

A is scum.
B hard SRs A
C+D hard townread each other.

A should kill in C/D, and then try to get the survivor to vote for B.

A should not kill B, because it's unlikely C or D ever vote for each other, hence A will be the elimination almost always.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1308, Emily wrote:
In post 1305, Loki Dokie wrote:This doesn’t help me because why should I think it’s Hopkirk who’s pocketing me here and not you?

do you think he's unable to do sorting if he's scum?
I don’t think he can fake being as genuine as he’s been. It’s extremely difficult to fake being townie for this long without slipping. I think I should have seen at least something off about him by now if he was actually pocketing me but you’re so far not differentiating between us because you don’t want to risk alienating either of us.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1309, Emily wrote:
In post 1307, Loki Dokie wrote:Here’s what I think. If I vote you, you will try to pocket Hopkirk and convince him I’m scum and the same to me, should he be the one to place the first vote.

You're probably the townie here because you sound exactly like the way you sounded when you were stubbornly wrong at the end of Menagarie and he's probably scum because he only posted one sentence.
Who were you in Menagerie?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1314, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1309, Emily wrote:

Who were you in Menagerie?
I rely a lot on meta.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1311, Emily wrote:if I am scum and I have 1 person who hard-scumreads me and 2 people who hard-townread each other. I will kill in the hard townread pair most of the time.
Well that’s what I’m confused about but then Vanders was gunning for you, so that also cancels that out.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Emily »

In post 1313, Loki Dokie wrote:I don’t think he can fake being as genuine as he’s been. It’s extremely difficult to fake being townie for this long without slipping. I think I should have seen at least something off about him by now if he was actually pocketing me but you’re so far not differentiating between us because you don’t want to risk alienating either of us.
?

I already said I think you are the pocketed stubborn townie.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Emily »

In post 1316, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1311, Emily wrote:if I am scum and I have 1 person who hard-scumreads me and 2 people who hard-townread each other. I will kill in the hard townread pair most of the time.
Well that’s what I’m confused about but then Vanders was gunning for you, so that also cancels that out.
no it doesn't cancel out.

A can win an endgame against B/C or B/D because A can convince C or D that B is scum.

A can't win an endgame against C/D because C/D are hard convinced each other are town.

That's why A should always shoot in C/D and not shoot B.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Emily »

In post 1314, Loki Dokie wrote:Who were you in Menagerie?
I don't answer alt questions because it would defeat the point of playing on an alt to begin with.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1312, Emily wrote:This is just elementary nightkill strategy as scum:

A is scum.
B hard SRs A
C+D hard townread each other.

A should kill in C/D, and then try to get the survivor to vote for B.

A should not kill B, because it's unlikely C or D ever vote for each other, hence A will be the elimination almost always.
Yes, which is why I didn’t expect it to be Vanders but neither of us sr Vanders over you either. If Hopkirk was the nk, I still probably vote you over him and based on what Hopkirk said in our PT the same.

The best bet for scum was to keep Mo alive because despite being town, he and bugs played the scummiest. So I’m not going to vote Hopkirk based of wifom. The only actually helpful nka was on D2 because Andante kill clearly pointed to Flow.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1317, Emily wrote:
In post 1313, Loki Dokie wrote:I don’t think he can fake being as genuine as he’s been. It’s extremely difficult to fake being townie for this long without slipping. I think I should have seen at least something off about him by now if he was actually pocketing me but you’re so far not differentiating between us because you don’t want to risk alienating either of us.
?

I already said I think you are the pocketed stubborn townie.
And why should I assume I’m being pocketed by Hokirk and not you?
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Emily »

if you're hopkirk and you're scum, why wouldn't you keep the person who hard-townreads you alive into the endgame?
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Emily »

In post 1321, Loki Dokie wrote:And why should I assume I’m being pocketed by Hokirk and not you?
because you've been saying hopkirk is town literally all game and you want to vote me out?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1318, Emily wrote:
In post 1316, Loki Dokie wrote:
no it doesn't cancel out.

A can win an endgame against B/C or B/D because A can convince C or D that B is scum.

A can't win an endgame against C/D because C/D are hard convinced each other are town.

That's why A should always shoot in C/D and not shoot B.
If Vanders wasn’t already gunning for you. Why? Because Vanders tries to push you and whomevers scum just goes along with it.

Why can’t you be scum using this argument to make me think it’s Hopkirk? It’s circular and useless wifom in this particular context.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”