Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by osuka »

like i didnt do it to incriminate hem. the fact that there was _no_ kill at all is what incriminates him, and that's just a consequence of me having protected you because i thought you could be a target. that's for two reasons: 1, i think youre town and most importantly 2, i've openly and strongly defended your slot. so, yes, any scum would probably realize that killing you is a good idea because not only does it get rid of a townie, it also really implicates me ("how was osuka so sure lemons was town?"). part of the reason was self-preservation, honestly, and i guess it worked out

though i suppose sure, now that i've actually written that out it probably does mean that this doesn't implicate hem as much as i thought it did at first

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by osuka »

i have to reevaluate this game. i thought this was a possibility but i definitely didnt come in expecting it to be the case so i have some thinking to do

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Cook »

votecount #3, day two
InsidiousLemons (3): humaneatingmonkey, T3, Ivyeo

humaneatingmonkey (2): osuka, VFP
T3 (1): Egix96
osuka (3): InsidiousLemons, Anya, Ivyeo

VFP (1): Umlaut

With 11 alive it takes 6 to flip or no-flip.
Last edited by Cook on Thu May 27, 2021 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by InsidiousLemons »

In post 1342, Dunnstral wrote:If nobody else claims something that can stop a kill, then osuka is not a good vote.

Also bugspray was on osuka's e-1 wagon
i have to say, i find dunnstral popping in here
just
to defend osuka, and not to comment on the flip, lack of night kill, hem, vfp, me, or
voice any other thoughts at all
, a little suspect.

while the lack of a counterclaim suggests that there are no protectives in a scum!osuka universe, that alone doesn't really dissuade me in the face of all the other evidence. especially not since, as far as i can see, osuka never even mentioned the lack of a counterclaim in the process of defending himself. you'd think an actual PR would point to that as evidence.

the point about bugspray being on osuka's wagon is a little better. for reference, here's the post where he votes:
In post 880, bugspray wrote:
In post 879, osuka wrote:that all said: i have no idea what the fuck the votecount is at and i'm about to go to a friend's house here so i'll be on later to figure out what the fuck is going on

i promise to be back tomorrow morning (should be about 12h from now?)
VOTE: osuka you're hammered
this post puts osuka at E-1, and is obviously not a real hammer. if he and osuka are partners, then what is the motivation for making this post? i can find one, but it's pretty convoluted; perhaps bugspray does this to:
1) distance himself from osuka while also
2) creating an opportunity for osuka to fakeclaim without needing to rely on the whim of a townie who's declared intent, and
3) stop momentum on an osuka wagon before it got to the point where an actual townie
could
declare intent

writing this out, it seems a whole lot more complex than anything else we've seen from bugspray. if this is what happened, i'd have to imagine it was osuka's idea. but why make such a risky fakeclaim gambit in the first place?
just
to take heat off the wagon in the wake of a PR claim? was he really formulating his incriminate-hem plan this far back? i have to jump through a lot of hoops to make this make sense, but it's been a long day and i'm very tired. maybe someone else can do a better job.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 3:05 pm

In post 1351, osuka wrote:i have to reevaluate this game.
when you're done, let me know if you still think hem scumslipped
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1353, InsidiousLemons wrote: i have to say, i find dunnstral popping in here
just
to defend osuka, and not to comment on the flip, lack of night kill, hem, vfp, me, or
, a little suspect.
Seemed to work fine on day 1
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 1236, humaneatingmonkey wrote:is this within Lemons scum range?
@Anya
, since you've shown that you use meta and you vouch for Lemons, would you kindly do the honors? I'm absolutely tunneled here, and even if I feel like this vulnerability could never come from scum, I'm almost certain it can. I also objectively think Lemons was outright scummy yesterday.
@Umlaut
, would you kindly tell me what you think about this one?

Lemons, is your solve osuka > VFP? Can you tell me who your solve is?
i go out looking for it maybe once in a green sun if something really interests me

not gonna go fishing for apples walls though that's too much effort
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 1318, osuka wrote:i did so so that HEM could not kill LEMONS
i dunno how you could believe apples was gonna die after bugspray's demise and apples not helping with that

did you "forget" to brutally murder someone to make yourself look certified
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 1353, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 1342, Dunnstral wrote:If nobody else claims something that can stop a kill, then osuka is not a good vote.

just
, a little suspect.

while the lack of a counterclaim suggests that there are no protectives in a scum!osuka universe, that alone doesn't really dissuade me in the face of all the other evidence. especially not since, as far as i can see, osuka never even mentioned the lack of a counterclaim in the process of defending himself. you'd think an actual PR would point to that as evidence.

the point about bugspray being on osuka's wagon is a little better. for reference, here's the post where he votes:
In post 879, osuka wrote:that all said: i have no idea what the fuck the votecount is at and i'm about to go to a friend's house here so i'll be on later to figure out what the fuck is going on

this post puts osuka at E-1, and is obviously not a real hammer. if he and osuka are partners, then what is the motivation for making this post? i can find one, but it's pretty convoluted; perhaps bugspray does this to:
2) creating an opportunity for osuka to fakeclaim without needing to rely on the whim of a townie who's declared intent, and
3) stop momentum on an osuka wagon before it got to the point where an actual townie
could
declare intent

writing this out, it seems a whole lot more complex than anything else we've seen from bugspray. if this is what happened, i'd have to imagine it was osuka's idea. but why make such a risky fakeclaim gambit in the first place?
just
to take heat off the wagon in the wake of a PR claim? was he really formulating his incriminate-hem plan this far back? i have to jump through a lot of hoops to make this make sense, but it's been a long day and i'm very tired. maybe someone else can do a better job.
wouldn't the simple explanation be to distance

it's really not that complex lemons

i don't like how under the satellite gera and hyena are being right now
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1278, InsidiousLemons wrote:your head isn't on the chopping block
Yeah but it read like you knew you were gonna look bad before the thread even opened.
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Anya »

speak of the hyena

do you think town osuka tries to protect lemons after yesterday?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1358, Anya wrote:don't like how under the satellite gera and hyena are being right now
I feel like I'm trying to tap on the wall of a glass house but the people inside can't hear me.

Okay, to put it in less metaphorical terms: I think that osuka is town, and I do think that Lemons had good associations with bugspray but their entrance to this Day is not good.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1360, Anya wrote:speak of the hyena

do you think town osuka tries to protect lemons after yesterday?
If he thought that Lemons was clear for the same reason I did, then yes.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1292, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 1286, humaneatingmonkey wrote:How many elims do we have before LYLO?
2 by my count, assuming 2 remaining scum who successfully kill every night.

9v2, miselim + NK > 7v2, miselim + NK > 5v2 (LyLo)

also i know it isn't intentional but i'm gonna remind you that "lynch" is not used anymore
Elo comes at 3v2, not 5v2.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1343, osuka wrote:dunnstral has posted only 29 times in a 54 page game and that's fucking inexcusable, but he _is_ making sense and i suppose that makes his sense to post ratio the highest i've ever seen
^^
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

If osuka flips TPR, we lynch Lemons. Town!Lemons will never be the NK if he'll be in the chopping block today and a push for his lynch can be pulled off today. We had much more townier folks that came out of Day 1 from bugs lynch. I think the explanation is that Lemons is the one who performed the NK.

If osuka flips scum, I won't be surprised. He didn't crumb. Yesterday's play was atrocious and points to scum. Today's play was atrocious and points to scum. His PR strategy did not make any bit of sense, and he doesn't even have a full grasp of who he did the night action on. And then, we consider if we still want to lynch Lemons or anyone else.

This is the ending of this day.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 10:41 pm

In post 1358, Anya wrote:
In post 1353, InsidiousLemons wrote:

just
, a little suspect.

could
declare intent

just
wouldn't the simple explanation be to distance

it's really not that complex lemons

i don't like how under the satellite gera and hyena are being right now
yeah you're right lol the explanation still makes sense if you just leave out points 2 and 3

okay i think we can safely disregard Dunn's point about bugs being on his wagon then because 880 could easily just be distancing
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 10:45 pm

In post 1365, humaneatingmonkey wrote:If osuka flips TPR, we lynch Lemons. Town!Lemons will never be the NK if he'll be in the chopping block today and a push for his lynch can be pulled off today. We had much more townier folks that came out of Day 1 from bugs lynch. I think the explanation is that Lemons is the one who performed the NK.

If osuka flips scum, I won't be surprised. He didn't crumb. Yesterday's play was atrocious and points to scum. Today's play was atrocious and points to scum. His PR strategy did not make any bit of sense, and he doesn't even have a full grasp of who he did the night action on. And then, we consider if we still want to lynch Lemons or anyone else.

This is the ending of this day.
if osuka flips TPR then we flip the one person who's softcleared as a result? yeah, no. as far as i know, rolestops don't do anything to prevent outgoing actions, so if i was trying to perform the night kill i still would've been able to. why are you trying so hard to make me guilty by association even on a townflip? unless i'm misreading, this push for my lim tomorrow doesn't make any sense if osuka really is TPR

i would like to hold off on osuka's elimination until after he reevaluates, because even a fake reevaluation will give us more info to go on after the flip. agreed?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 10:50 pm

In post 1359, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1278, InsidiousLemons wrote:your head isn't on the chopping block
Yeah but it read like you knew you were gonna look bad before the thread even opened.
well, yeah, i did. did you even read the end of the day yesterday? it was pretty obvious that i was gonna be a high value target today. an explanation for my behaviour was definitely warranted.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 10:54 pm

In post 1355, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1353, InsidiousLemons wrote: i have to say, i find dunnstral popping in here
just
, a little suspect.
Seemed to work fine on day 1
what the fuck is this supposed to mean? you popped in once to tell us to unvote him after the claim, but other than that i can't see any examples of you posting
just
to defend another player. what even is your objective with this post, other than to gloat about how you've survived despite doing almost literally nothing all game?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 10:55 pm

heading to work so i won't be able to post or read much for the next ~8 hours. don't end the day while i'm gone or i will be a very sour lemon
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 11:09 pm

I misunderstood the power of rolestopper. It's not meant to stop outgoing actions. I understand.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 11:35 pm

so you just didn't bother to question why everyone has been freaking out over that exact distinction in terms for the past several pages?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 11:42 pm

i thought it stops all role actions. inbound and outbound.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 12:37 am

Post by T3 »

catching up.