Micro 1009: Would You Like To Be My Neighbor? [Game Over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Emily always takes me into lylo because Emily is 'never' going to take me into lylo as scum with either you or vanders. You because you hard TR me/Vanders (slightly less) Vanders because the last thing they said is they'd be 100% on Emily today.

Wifom is literally their only option and it's clearly working to at least some extent right?

Sleeping now before Emily decides to justify being on me more because I'm not posting at 4am like she did yesterday
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Emily »

sorry I said those mean things to you Loki.

I was frustrated and I shouldn't have taken things out on you.

If you need me to answer anything, I'm here for you.

I think Hopkirk played a fine scum game and I'm perfectly fine with losing to him here though I hope we don't.

You've been a better listener than I could've hoped for. I'm glad you've grown so much from the end of Menagerie <3
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by Emily »

I'll spend the time to do a full case / iso re-read of Hopkirk.

I guess I owe you at least that much to help you with your decision.

It probably won't be done until later tonight.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2021 11:22 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1376, Emily wrote:
sorry I said those mean things to you Loki.

I was frustrated and I shouldn't have taken things out on you.

If you need me to answer anything, I'm here for you.

I think Hopkirk played a fine scum game and I'm perfectly fine with losing to him here though I hope we don't.

You've been a better listener than I could've hoped for. I'm glad you've grown so much from the end of Menagerie <3
In post 1339, Emily wrote:
In post 1337, Loki Dokie wrote:Oh yeah, insulting me is definitely the way to go here.
as I have already stated.
This is not meant as an insult.

This is my assessment of your personality.

We are all unique and beautiful flowers.

I don't judge people for who they are.
this progression only coming you said you were rethinking based on the ATE isn't consistent/is being done for emotional manipulation purposes. if the initial statement is genuine/not intended as an insult then why is Emily acting as though it was intended as an insult now that you were rethinking them based on the premise they wouldn't insult you?

@Emily - is Loki right about your identity or am i?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 12:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

idk why i'm even asking because Pooky has outright admitted elsewhere that he's Emily but are refusing to do it here because you think it would give you a tactical advantage
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Emily »

? You are conflating being mean with "insult".

The difference is technical.

I'm simply stating that I recognize it was mean spirited of me to do that in order to trigger an emotional response to get him to re-assess the situation.

I did it out of frustration and made assumptions about his play in this game that I probably should not have.

As to what account my main is, I'm not sure why you want to go there but I didn't particularly want to bring up my main's meta as it's against the point of actually playing the game with an alt.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:27 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1350, Loki Dokie wrote:Alright, I’m starting to have doubts but it’s mainly on who I think you are and if I’m right, I don’t know why I’m not dead but I want to see how Hopkirk reacts to all of this because if you are who I think you are, you aren’t capable of this kind of emotional range as scum.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Emily »

Do you really want to have a discussion about Pooky's scum meta?

You know Pooky's never bussed a teammate on D1/D2 in his life right?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:29 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Did you miss your main/meta being crucial to Loki's doubts there. You can't genuinely not see why I'd want to go there if you read this.

Since Loki's read is being influenced by meta it's very relevant. I've made this clear and I think you addressed it too so don't pretend you don't know why I'm saying it when it's beyond obvious
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:30 am

Post by Emily »

I mean using Pooky's scum meta is close to bulletproof in terms of "bussing his partners" because Pooky is religious anti-bussing so I'm not sure you want to go there.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:31 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Pooky bussed morning tweet D2 in the only Pooky!scum game I've read.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Emily »

I can compile Pooky's entire scum history across 30+ games and show he's literally never eliminated a scum teammate via bussing in his life.

Would you like that? To do some meta research?
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:33 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1385, Hopkirk wrote:Pooky bussed morning tweet D2 in the only Pooky!scum game I've read.
When Morning Tweet had a mech-guilty result on her from a watcher.

Context matters. This is a near mountainous game.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:34 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Yeah, if you're offering to do free meta analysis of anyone then why am I going to turn it down lol. If you aren't Pooky like he claims you are then it might help next time we play
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:42 am

Post by Emily »

viewtopic.php?p=12259162#p12259162

In this post he is saying that he would never bus his partner ^

it comes with links to his completed scum games that show he does not bus.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:43 am

Post by Emily »

so if I were to say I am Pooky, it would give me even more meta-cred for being unable to do what I did this game since Pooky doesn't believe bussing is optimal for winning and basically never does it unless there's a mech-guilty etc in play.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:52 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1385, Hopkirk wrote:Pooky bussed morning tweet D2 in the only Pooky!scum game I've read.
also in the game you are citing:

viewtopic.php?f=160&t=85649

Pooky hard-defended Spring Breeze(scum) despite most of the town being against her and willing to elim her and she being guranteed to flip soon.

He did it so well that he got
townread
for defending her.

Pooky only bussed Morning Tweet because she was mech-guiltied by a watcher.

So if you actually were honest about what happened in this game you would know that Pooky definitely does not bus as a strategy or a move unless there is mech that makes it impossible to avoid.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:57 am

Post by Emily »

Let's talk about your readslist:

Can you explain why Flow Trap is a townread here? It's the optimal place to put a scum partner and you have 3 scumreads and 2 nulls sitting below him.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:58 am

Post by Emily »

btw I think it's funny that you scumread three people in a 2 scum game and none of them were scum.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:00 am

Post by Hopkirk »

'So if you actually were honest about what happened in this game you would know that Pooky definitely does not bus as a strategy or a move unless there is mech that makes it impossible to avoid.'

i'd know Pooky NEVER busses because he defended a partner d1? that doesn't follow unless i've read a ton of pooky games

you also subbed in when half of us were committing to voting Flow so it's not really comparable in that Flow wasn't solvable and we voted Mo in a large part due to their interactions with the Flow wagon. if you hadn't hammered there's a good chance you'd have been voted yesterday after a Flow exile anyway. me/loki being committed to Flow there means it's always going through unless we change our minds.

i've tried pocketing Loki before and it didn't work. idk why anyone would think 'Hop is going to bet the game on it working this time when it didn't before'. i clearly voted Flow because i agreed with Loki's casing. if it was me + Flow then i'd have tried to talk Loki into voting Mo then killed Loki at night. (Flow+Hop+Vanders+Emily+George) would be easily winnable when multiple people in that group scumread other people in it that weren't either of me/flow. there's no incentive for me to make a suboptimal play here that guarantees getting to a 3p compared to just playing it out earlier. it's obvious i'm genuine here Loki, you can tell from the fact that you could see me being genuine the entire game
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:02 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1392, Emily wrote:Let's talk about your readslist:

Can you explain why Flow Trap is a townread here? It's the optimal place to put a scum partner and you have 3 scumreads and 2 nulls sitting below him.
you mean the one i said i'd revist there, talking about with Loki, and flipped to scum on? that's not an 'optimal' place for a scumpartner

i don't have 3 scumreads there in a 2 scumgame btw, i have 2 because 2 of the people in scum were in a hood and couldn't be scum together like i said
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

'explain why you townread' when the post literally says 'i can't remember why i liked them and plan to look back at them' and subsequently DID and moved it down to scum??? stop trying to rewrite history

didn't have any partners in that zone in my most recent scumgame either btw. i had 2 in the scumpool and 1 as a top townread so doesn't feel like you're even trying to make that fit
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1395, Hopkirk wrote:you mean the one i said i'd revist there, talking about with Loki, and flipped to scum on? that's not an 'optimal' place for a scumpartner

i don't have 3 scumreads there in a 2 scumgame btw, i have 2 because 2 of the people in scum were in a hood and couldn't be scum together like i said
if you scumread 2 people in a hood you're basically wanting to elim one, and when it flips town, elim the other.

Your readslist puts your partner above null while putting 5 townies in null/scumread.

Even a player randomly throwing darts at a board would be able to hit at least 1 scum in 5 guesses, the fact you didn't is pretty shady.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:14 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1396, Hopkirk wrote:'explain why you townread' when the post literally says 'i can't remember why i liked them and plan to look back at them' and subsequently DID and moved it down to scum??? stop trying to rewrite history

didn't have any partners in that zone in my most recent scumgame either btw. i had 2 in the scumpool and 1 as a top townread so doesn't feel like you're even trying to make that fit
so the read was made up and when you couldn't find any way to back it up you reversed on the read and bussed them.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:15 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1394, Hopkirk wrote:i'd know Pooky NEVER busses because he defended a partner d1? that doesn't follow unless i've read a ton of pooky games
no I said you were being dishonest about what happened in the game.

You said Pooky bussed Morning Tweet but neglected to mention it was because of a mech-guilty result on her slot.

From just reading Day 1 in that game where Pooky doesn't bus Spring Breeze but chooses to defend her harder as she is inevitably going down, you would know he doesn't believe bussing makes sense as a viable scum strategy.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”