JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

So like as I start my read of page 6, It should be known that in a regular game I would vote orc and keep my vote there. keep my vote there. That looked like you were trying to hammer. But newbie gets botd. Anyways.

P6:
I disagree with JV and Monkey about Dum looking fake.

Navy advocating for policy lims is yucky, as monkey points out.

Based on this page I'd rather vote Navy than Dum

P7:
Hooooo boy Rizz isn't gonna like me

Navy so polite

James is here, I like their initial reads

Navy thinking every post needs/ will have substance will lead to much frustration for them

P8:
We fighting

James has effort, which is nice. Prolly unwilling to vote James today unless something wild happens

Stopping again, sorry, family drama
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by orctin »

Wow, lot been going on last couple of days here reading back

Welcome Johnny, nice quick post to get up to speed - replacing micc put you in a tough spot, still wondering what would game be like if i would of hammered him on 64 but i past is the past and i think it's given everyone more time to talk and see more sides of each other.

Nav - agree, he's looking pretty town at this point
Jackson - same - played with him before, town reading at this point as well

HEM - joined the game and didn't waste time getting into the spirit of the game, doesn't have issue being involved and going after people, perhaps light on his own explanations - middle road for me at this point

James - curious about the Nav vote - is he seeing something others arent - there's definitely a conflict between them but if it's TvT or TvS remains to be seen
Ninja - followed the same train of thoughts most did with Micc and Dum (perhaps the early fav for the scum team)

Fizz seems to be the hot seat candidate right now - a reactive player at this point, not one of the lead go getters but finding place to slip in with others
James and Nav seem to be playing against each other

I have no issue adding to a Fizz Elimination

Know i'm missing someone - post is to mainly get back into the game talking wise - apologies for being silent last two days, IRL crap taken care of now
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by orctin »

And damn - i feel like we need a list just to keep up with who's replaced whom - feels like half the players been replaced so far, lol
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 325, JohnnyFarrar wrote:So like as I start my read of page 6, It should be known that in a regular game I would vote orc and keep my vote there. keep my vote there. That looked like you were trying to hammer. But newbie gets botd. Anyways.

P6:
I disagree with JV and Monkey about Dum looking fake.

Navy advocating for policy lims is yucky, as monkey points out.

Based on this page I'd rather vote Navy than Dum

P7:
Hooooo boy Rizz isn't gonna like me

Navy so polite

James is here, I like their initial reads

Navy thinking every post needs/ will have substance will lead to much frustration for them

P8:
We fighting

James has effort, which is nice. Prolly unwilling to vote James today unless something wild happens

Stopping again, sorry, family drama
Sorry but botd?
Also don't apologise for that.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:13 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

I apologise now, for the lack of chronological order or general organisation in this post.

In post 313, navigatorv wrote: Now then, let's go into your hypothetical situation. Right off the bat there's a problem because it assumes that the suspicions on both people are equal. Jackson made it very clear that they found Salsa scummy while Dum was merely potentially suspicious. Going off of what I did do in a similar situation (), I likely wouldn't have voted for any of them and waited to see (I should note that there is a difference in that Jackson only had to pick between two while I had three and my suspicion was much more even between them than Jackson's implied about theirs). In that case, am I just waiting for others to do the vote so I don't have to or distancing myself? Or am I just playing cautiously?
Maybe they were waiting to see if Salsa would post and wanted to see if their vote still left any pressure on her. Maybe Dum never crossed into full on scum territory for them for whatever reason. Maybe they just plain didn't even think to change their vote since they were focused on reading people. Any of these could be just as possible as them and Dum being scum buddies.
It doesn't assume people are equal. It applies even if suspicion levels aren't equal. If you have actual interest in town winning, you don't waste your time on something gaining no grounds, or which won't gain ground. You apply pressure onto the second most suspicious, then as I've said, from that your opinions can change, they can become stronger, they can become weaker. The pressure you apply can help others form their ideas and their reads. There is also once again, nothing stopping you from going back to your original vote. A town player's interest would be to therefore actually get stuff out of someone. JacksonVirgo opted not to do this.
Also potentially suspicious? Pushing through a game saying you're going to vote Dum or Salsabil (or me), and saying you see them as most scummy, is
potentially
suspicious?
In post 313, navigatorv wrote:unreasonable hostility over a single vote, it's not hard to see why Jackson saw them as potential scum.
In post 202, JacksonVirgo wrote:For fuck sake you can't be this dense. I am voting because of the intentions/tone behind their content not the content itself. Now stop fucking misrepresenting me I swear to fucking god
Only just realised this but this post makes their case against Salsabil even weaker, they are basically saying and aren't actually their reasons. Once again showing, not a valid vote on their part at all.
In post 313, navigatorv wrote:Can you explain why you suddenly switched to focusing on Fizz Raab out of nowhere then immediately switched back to Jackson? I assume you're trying to point out a place where Jackson could've tone-read someone as scum, but I can't really tell because you offered no explanation before or after.
Unlike JacksonVirgo trying to hide under the radar by just focusing on myself, I'm trying to get content from other people, admittedly I've not done a great job at it.
In post 124, JacksonVirgo wrote:Firstly I already said it was mainly gut so I won't be pushing them, so you're misrepresenting my case here. There's also a large difference between why I think that read was NAI and why I think Dum's actions were scummy, which you seemed to ignore.
Random contradictory thing I found while going through all of JacksonVirgo posts.
In post 130, JacksonVirgo wrote:but I'm going to stop self-meta right now since I don't like doing so.
Have commented on how they normally play many a time already.
I was checking if JacksonVirgo had any other explanation as to why they have/had any actual case against Salsabil, contradicts . They don't apart from just reiterations.
In post 218, JacksonVirgo wrote:I started the fucking wagon dude, if I wanted to spark more fighting I wouldn't have done that as if I were scum, I would have no idea that it would take weight so fast.
I checked, you just said you'd be fine with a Dum wagon, you didn't actually push for it before the wagon started. Unless if you classed NavigatorV questioning you on it as starting a wagon. It definitely does not. The Dum wagon only picked up after his "gambit". I read everything up to this point an extra time just for you.
In post 218, JacksonVirgo wrote:What the fuck are you even saying about attention, it is clear Salsa didn't want to be in the middle of it all
No? Posting a few times doesn't mean she doesn't want to be in the middle of it. Sarcastically going "Cause I'm scum :yawn: (you caught me! :o)" doesn't seem like she doesn't want to be in the middle of it.
In post 313, navigatorv wrote:
In post 74, JacksonVirgo wrote:You don't have anythign else to post about other than those which is "backing up" your own vote in a sense?
really isn't sarcastic like you seem to think.
To be fair, I was trying more to highlight the tone of "You don't have anything else to post? That's useless." I should have made this clearer
In post 313, navigatorv wrote:However, assuming you are, in fact, town, I'd definitely encourage you to try more flexible thinking. Never allowing yourself any doubt in your own theories is more than likely to lead you down the wrong trail eventually.
As if there is a world where this applies more to be than it does to JacksonVirgo.

By the way, anybody can be free to answer this. Why has JacksonVirgo been particularly vulgar towards my slot? I don't think its particularly in the spirit of the game, plus I can't help but to see it as flaky since I'm the only one trying to get them Elimed? There's no need for it, and I wouldn't complain if it stopped. Thank you.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:41 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Yoyoyo wassup it's 3 am and I'm feeding a baby lets do some more reading
In post 328, JamesTheNames wrote:Sorry but botd?
Benefit of the doubt

Page 9:
While I don't agree that this is a blatant misrep I do think old Jimmy is sorta missing the point here, though as the argument goes on I wonder how much of that is on purpose.

I'm reading a whole Lotta confbias/ scum tenacity out of James here. They're doing that "every post this person makes is scummy" thing, which is rarely true and even more rarely convincing

Jacko is also getting heated in a way that I've not seen in my few games with them? I'll check their alignment in those games again

P10:
Monkey back and forth matches my Jacko thoughts. I like this monkey.

I like Navy still. They seem solvey as all get out.

Ninja is all full of associative reads and defensive quotes and uses those to vote Navy, and I like the energy. The conclusion I think is questionable but the spirit is there.

Fizz is all full of piss and vinegar about length of posts. As if only townies can bloviate.

P11:
More of Navy either showing great initiative as town leader scum (unlikely, no offense) or putting effort into keeping up with reads and keeping the game moving. Let's call it town.

Ninja popping back on micc when the other wagon didn't take off is concerning.

P12:
I read this whole page and didn't write shit here cuz it's mostly just my townreads posting shit I agree with.

We're not killing Navy today I'm betting the game they're town

P13:
What the fuck is this color mess (let's all just pretend I read it.)

And hey I'm mostly caught up. I might be conf biased in a few places but here's my general reads based on likelihood that I'll vote them:

Unwilling:

Navy - mad town no question
Monkey - I agree w/ them so much either they're town or I'm wrong about a lot of stuff
Dum - I got a soft spot for gambit and that fake vote was mwah
Ninja - like I said, I see an effort to read people, but among the high effort people this one seems easiest to fake

Willing:

JV - getting suckered into piss fights and making votes I don't agree with. Nothing particularly scummy other than *vibes*
Rizz - I don't think I'll learn a damn thing even if Rizz is scum and we kill them. They just seem concerned with who looks the smartest and not who got that juicy red PM and I genuinely don't know if that's alignment indicative
James - I see less effort and more word vomit as the thread goes on and their perspective seems forced or obtuse in quite a few spots
Orc - that almost hammer got me on tilt man
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Going back to bed!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 330, JohnnyFarrar wrote:They just seem concerned with who looks the smartest and not who got that juicy red PM and I genuinely don't know if that's alignment indicative
This is alignment indicative. It's called not scumhunting
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:53 pm

In post 330, JohnnyFarrar wrote:More of Navy either showing great initiative as town leader scum (unlikely, no offense) or putting effort into keeping up with reads and keeping the game moving. Let's call it town.
This is my hesitation as well, but I think we'll need to see more of navy
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:55 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 330, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Jacko is also getting heated in a way that I've not seen in my few games with them? I'll check their alignment in those games again
Check my latest games.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:56 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 318, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Should be a relatively quick catchup post.

Hi I'm Johnny I'm an SE (which stands for sexy endividual) and I'm here to just play like regular. If I come off a preachy or condescending please know I mean no offense, I love this game and wanna help you enjoy it.

Hi JV!
Howdy

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:56 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Holy fuck there are huge posts

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:57 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 319, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Was it rationalmadman in your other game?
Indeed it was, that game had me heated so bad I almost replaced out

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 325, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I disagree with JV and Monkey about Dum looking fake.
Mind clarifying further?

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 329, JamesTheNames wrote:Unlike JacksonVirgo trying to hide under the radar by just focusing on myself, I'm trying to get content from other people, admittedly I've not done a great job at it.
Are you actually serious? How could you ever call what I am doing under the radar

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:00 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 329, JamesTheNames wrote:Have commented on how they normally play many a time already.
I do this all the time. I am actually sick of you at this point

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Actually elim me, I wanna see James reaction.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:05 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 341, JacksonVirgo wrote:Actually elim me, I wanna see James reaction.
Then throw them in bad play Jail

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:06 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Real fuckin' sick of them. I am sick of having to deal with people like them every. single. fucking. game

wiki // GTKAS
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:06 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 340, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 329, JamesTheNames wrote:Have commented on how they normally play many a time already.
Ignore the context and try to insult me more go for it. You ignored the context, you say you hate self meta yet you do it yourself. Stop trying to be edgy and rude.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I lied about sleeping
In post 332, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 330, JohnnyFarrar wrote:They just seem concerned with who looks the smartest and not who got that juicy red PM and I genuinely don't know if that's alignment indicative
This is alignment indicative. It's called not scumhunting
right but like... newbies don't know how sometimes?
In post 334, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 330, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Jacko is also getting heated in a way that I've not seen in my few games with them? I'll check their alignment in those games again
Check my latest games.
I just ctrl fd "fuck" In 2062 and got 14 results. Saw some.... choice things
In post 336, JacksonVirgo wrote:Holy fuck there are huge posts
I'm not normally like this, this is a wordy game
In post 338, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 325, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I disagree with JV and Monkey about Dum looking fake.
Mind clarifying further?
Like the proposition that putting someone at a fake E1 As some kind of scum trap for a newbie seems so far fetched to me.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 343, JacksonVirgo wrote:Real fuckin' sick of them. I am sick of having to deal with people like them every. single. fucking. game
Stop flaking. Swearing doesn't help your case.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 344, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 340, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Ignore the context and try to insult me more go for it. You ignored the context, you say you hate self meta yet you do it yourself. Stop trying to be edgy and rude.
Yes, I still fuckin' hate it dude. I am not even going to try with you why would I read your context. Also I can't be assed reading any of the large posts so don't expect me to read it

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 345, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I just ctrl fd "fuck" In 2062 and got 14 results. Saw some.... choice things
Yeah they got me mad aha

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:12 pm

In post 341, JacksonVirgo wrote:Actually elim me, I wanna see James reaction.
...do you townread James?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”