JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:07 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In my experience "slips" are rare and more often they're just people getting reallllyyyyyyy particular about verbage
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:12 am

Post by navigatorv »

Holy hell, feels like I walked into a different game there's sp many posts lol
Glad to see Jackson and James finally stopped going at each others throats. Honestly didn't expect HEM to jump on Jackson like that. I can kinda see it (and that does give HEM stronger town vibes) but I get the feeling Jackson's being legit here. No real evidence, just what my gut's telling me.
Johnny hasn't had much opportunity to post more than his impressions, but thus far I'm getting town vibes which strengthens my view that Micc was just a very aggressive town.
My vote's sticking with Fizz for now because she's got a lot going against her with little actual defense. It is true we wouldn't get as much info if she was eliminated, but I'm not getting PR vibes, so she's likely she's either mafia or an unhelpful town, neither of which would be bad to be rid of, rude as that sounds.
That's about all I've got since I don't have much free time at work, but I'll try to keep up
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:20 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I have that affect on games baybee
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:50 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 425, JohnnyFarrar wrote:In my experience "slips" are rare and more often they're just people getting reallllyyyyyyy particular about verbage
do you think this is one of those cases where it's about verbiage?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:51 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Yes.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:52 am

How?

I need to sleep. I'll be back tomorrow
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 1-9

With 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to eliminate.

JohnnyFarrar (2): Orctin, NinjaStore
JacksonVirgo (2): JamesTheNames, humaneatingmonkey
Fizz Raab (2): navigatorv, JohnnyFarrar,
JamesTheNames (1): JacksonVirgo
Orctin (1): Dum
humaneatingmonkey (1): Fizz Raab

Not Voting (0):

The deadline for day one is set at (expired on 2021-05-29 20:18:34)

Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by orctin »

My old vote was still sitting on micc/Johnny and at this time no reason for it to still be there - as far as the end of day coming - i'm watching how things unfold - the votes seem to be headed to Jackson and Fizz, I lean to Jackson more townread at this time so of the two i have to put my vote to Fizz in this situation

VOTE: Fizz
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

This moment will be excellent to look back on once we have some flips. 2, 2, and 2. Nice.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 11:16 pm

If no one wants a Jackson wagon, I'll put Fizz on E-1. VOTE: Fizz Raab

You need to claim now.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:01 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Intent to hammer*
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:06 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 435, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Intent to hammer*
Intent to hammer*
We still have 30 ish hours, no need to rush this we can still get responses. You did beat me to it though.

Also as cool as Daniel is and as much of a bop as 2U is, he isn't Jackson
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:35 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 436, JamesTheNames wrote:
Intent to hammer*
Intent to hammer*
We still have 30 ish hours, no need to rush this we can still get responses. You did beat me to it though.

Also as cool as Daniel is and as much of a bop as 2U is, he isn't Jackson
Aijdowajdaihwduaowiduw
I am liking you more and more (you as a person, not anything to do with the game). You either google search profile pictures or you're a lad of culture.

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 4:10 am

Btw, if Fizz flips red, his partner definitely bussed.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 4:34 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 438, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Btw, if Fizz flips red, his partner definitely bussed.
You think so?
If Jackson Hammers
Those who voted for Fizz Raab:
JacksonVirgo, humaneatingmonkey, navigatorv, JohnnyFarrar, orctin
Those who did not:
JamesTheNames, Dum, NinjaStore

If Fizz flips red I'm voting NinjaStore
, , and . Based off of these, and the fact at the time these were made Fizz Raab was at E-2. Surely NinjaStore would have voted here? NinjaStore made a claim in , which, I personally would consider as something to give scum vibes. 401 and 405 look like NinjaStore is trying to allow Fizz Raab to excuse themselves, then NinjaStore would try to defend them. This is only if Fizz Raab would flip red.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 4:45 am

I think so? I guarantee it. Virtually no one is defending Fizz Raab right now and it really is strategically impossible to defend Fizz Raab here as scum.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 4:47 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 439, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 438, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Btw, if Fizz flips red, his partner definitely bussed.
You think so?
If Jackson Hammers
Those who did not:

, , and . Based off of these, and the fact at the time these were made Fizz Raab was at E-2. Surely NinjaStore would have voted here? NinjaStore made a claim in , which, I personally would consider as something to give scum vibes. 401 and 405 look like NinjaStore is trying to allow Fizz Raab to excuse themselves, then NinjaStore would try to defend them. This is only if Fizz Raab would flip red.
Could you respond to my larger post towards you

wiki // GTKAS
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 4:51 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 384, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 382, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 380, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also may I ask a question. If Dum/Myself get eliminated and flip Town, would that affect your read on the other considering you're reading us both as a pair.
It would yes. There'd still be suspicions on whichever stays, but my whole issue is I really can't see any other explanation for why you didn't vote Dum. For pressure reasons and such from earlier.
Alright now that I have a clearer head and we're more civil I will try and explain this. From the very start of my read on Dum, the read was heavily in gut and I've learned to announce my gut reads but not tunnel them like I used to. Salsa/yourself was acting scummy in a sense that I could narrow down with actual logical thinking, salsa did not post/quote/respond to anything that was not directly backing up their own agenda, from memory their tone was also filled with self-preservation so that combined with not posting about anything that went against them made me think it's newb!scum pushing an agenda and trying not to stand out in the spotlight as best as possible. You then appeared with a similar agenda, focused mainly on scum-reading me which pinged me to the fact that 1. I was scum-reading you and it feels like OMGUS and 2. Your predecessor rejected everything that went against them. Both of which I feel are attempting to push the exact same agenda, self-preservation.

Now all I have on Dum is speculation based on their tone, which is stronger now that the game has progressed but not as strong as the read on your slot. Their tone seems overly apologetic and like they're trying to minimise backlash from their posts. That logic is much weaker than the one I had on you and thus I was never going to vote them over yourself, you then appeared essentially throwing an attack on me stating that I should have voted Dum if I were Town but that's entirely not the case at all, but either you're scum needing to throw a case at me or you're Town that's blind/biased to the fact that my logic on you was stronger to me, which other's also called out which I can only assume you didn't fully absorb because of your read.

--

I am also here to explain that associations read are kinda wack. Try, even for a second, removing that association read in your head (aka try to not think Dum and I are partners for a second) and think what your reads would be in that case, because you following this path by assuming we're both partners (which in a vacuum, chances are incredibly slim regardless) is making yourself tunnel-visioned. This is assuming that you're Town that's tunneling here and not scum.
It would have been nice to hear this earlier. I did explain that you can still temporarily throw sus on a slot then come back to it, so I'm still a bit ehh, but it would have been nice. I probably should have been listening to my own advice and stopped tunneling at least temporarily.

I forgot to click post and went to sleep I apologise.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 4:55 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

Went to go to sleep*
NinjaStore
NinjaStore
Townie
NinjaStore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 4:55 am

Post by NinjaStore »

In post 439, JamesTheNames wrote:
You think so?
If Jackson Hammers
Those who did not:

is why I hadn't voted him yet.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 5:00 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 442, JamesTheNames wrote:It would have been nice to hear this earlier. I did explain that you can still temporarily throw sus on a slot then come back to it, so I'm still a bit ehh, but it would have been nice. I probably should have been listening to my own advice and stopped tunneling at least temporarily.

Apologies again for getting heated earlier and not summarising it like this earlier. What do you mean by temporarily throw suspicion?

Also may I ask you to reword or simplify your read on Dum and myself so I can see if I can it all straight. Also it'll be easier to understand/absorb it when we're not throwing each other's pinky toes in the corner of a coffee table.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 5:01 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Also I am Jackson now ;)

wiki // GTKAS
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 5:15 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 445, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 442, JamesTheNames wrote:It would have been nice to hear this earlier. I did explain that you can still temporarily throw sus on a slot then come back to it, so I'm still a bit ehh, but it would have been nice. I probably should have been listening to my own advice and stopped tunneling at least temporarily.

Apologies again for getting heated earlier and not summarising it like this earlier. What do you mean by temporarily throw suspicion?

Also may I ask you to reword or simplify your read on Dum and myself so I can see if I can it all straight. Also it'll be easier to understand/absorb it when we're not throwing each other's pinky toes in the corner of a coffee table.
I mean it in the lines of, somebody finds 2 people suspicious, 1 can be more suspicious than the other one, but if the game is pathing towards the least suspicious, or rather the one you aren't focusing, you'd start pressuring the other person, as its more efficient at the time. So if I were you, I would have switched to Dum, at least temporarily. When Dum and Salsabil were both in the game, Dum was much much more active, I would have pressured him, strengthened my read of him, then depending on how that goes, I could have gone back to Salsabil.

My issue with Dum was he voted Micc, for being helpful. I don't buy the whole gambit nonsense.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 5:28 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 447, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 445, JacksonVirgo wrote:

I mean it in the lines of, somebody finds 2 people suspicious, 1 can be more suspicious than the other one, but if the game is pathing towards the least suspicious, or rather the one you aren't focusing, you'd start pressuring the other person, as its more efficient at the time. So if I were you, I would have switched to Dum, at least temporarily. When Dum and Salsabil were both in the game, Dum was much much more active, I would have pressured him, strengthened my read of him, then depending on how that goes, I could have gone back to Salsabil.

My issue with Dum was he voted Micc, for being helpful. I don't buy the whole gambit nonsense.
Ah I understand your meaning now, and to throw a counter you have to take into consideration that I am not you. Nobody will always play like you would, and other's may have experience or just a personal playstyle that counters your own way of thinking, just because you disagree with an action does not mean it comes from scum.

To throw in some context, at the point of Dum's wagon gaining traction, they were already being pressured enough for a newbie to give off the "pressure" reads that would be gotten from them, changing my scum-lean to a vote there would not have done anything for the pressure than there already was so I would never have voted there unless I was posting my intent to hammer. I felt more weight in voting your slot, which from memory did not have the votes to match the people agreeing or reciprocating the same read as myself. I am all for compromise wagons, I even posting my consideration of voting for Dum after we lost the overall heat of our interactions as I feel that would have progressed the game further than it would if we kept going down this tunnel together but that does not mean I have to vote for my second scum-read at all.

You have all the right in the world to consider us both a scum-team if one flips scum, but if you utilize the information that you actually have on you. The associative reads that you have are nothing more than a dream to follow through with, if you have no evidence to prove one is scum without the other, try and consider that as a future read and vote accordingly. This is again my own suggestion, which will probably only mean something after I flip, so take that as advice for the future from yours truly.

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 5:33 am

JV what's with this tone change after you got scumread?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”