Micro 1013: IMoA [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by Sigmund »

I have heard NSG is a legendary solver of puzzles

a peerless seer whose wise gaze can pierce the thickest of clouds.

I am waiting for her to deliver the scumbags on a plate so I may cut them apart.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Sigmund »

Also I'm bored can we just kill someone already
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 621, UneveN wrote:Also I think is an emulated behaviour for alt reasons but that is not alignment indicative.
what do you mean when you say "emulated behavior"? and, just to be clear, i'm not saying that post is alignment indicative, i'm just saying that it's non-associative-indicative.
In post 623, Sigmund wrote:
In post 613, northsidegal wrote:i get that you're having fun playing a character on an alt. i've done that myself fairly often. i'd just appreciate if you remembered that, if you're town, there are other people in the game trying to win who in part rely on you cooperating. and, even if you're scum, there's already one person who left this game in an emotional rage from your antics.

i'm not trying to come across as preachy (although i probably am), i just care about winning. i'm hope you can understand that.
pls tell me more
does it bother you at all that you essentially harassed someone out of the game? even if you think he was overreacting, was there any self-reflection over whether or not you maybe went too far?
In post 625, Sigmund wrote:I have heard NSG is a legendary solver of puzzles

a peerless seer whose wise gaze can pierce the thickest of clouds.

I am waiting for her to deliver the scumbags on a plate so I may cut them apart.
i appreciate the confidence, but i am quite rusty. if you truly are that confident in me, i feel as though i've already posted a lot to engage with.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 627, northsidegal wrote:does it bother you at all that you essentially harassed someone out of the game? even if you think he was overreacting, was there any self-reflection over whether or not you maybe went too far?

yes it bothers me. I would not have done that if I knew he would react that way.

This is a game of accusations, murder, lies, and bullshit.

I believe my actions are well within the acceptable range of behavior for such a game and they were designed to produce a divergent emotional response from him.

I am unsure why he reacted the way he did, I have seen him get shit-pushed before and not react in such a manner.

I think we are all here playing a game for fun.

If he's not having fun, he's perfectly within his rights to replace out and leave the game.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 627, northsidegal wrote:i appreciate the confidence, but i am quite rusty. if you truly are that confident in me, i feel as though i've already posted a lot to engage with.
I need names of baddies with a high confidence level.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by Sigmund »

like if everyone decided i'm scum

and voted me out

I honestly wouldn't give a shit

its a game

you play the game by killing the people you think are scum

that's just how the game works.

And People make mistakes, and people who aren't mafia end up getting eliminated.

The game would be boring if it worked any other way.

I don't understand why people get angry or upset when you call them scum.

This isn't a tea party where we sit down and discuss how the weather is.

It was a random day 1 shit push in RVS for reaction testing.

I don't understand why he would get that angry over it.

If he wants to talk with me about it post game we can have a chat or whatever.

If he never wants to play with me again, it is what it is.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Sigmund »

like i'm reading my iso and reading this shit push and im just cackling

why would anyone reading this absolute nonsense drivel im posting take it seriously?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by northsidegal »

I understand.

things fall apart
UneveN
UneveN
Townie
UneveN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by UneveN »

In post 627, northsidegal wrote:what do you mean when you say "emulated behavior"? and, just to be clear, i'm not saying that post is alignment indicative, i'm just saying that it's non-associative-indicative.
I mean that I believe that post to be a behaviour that ta vera has observed other alts engaging in and deployed it here to obscure herself. I do not believe it to be non-associative indicative as even if she is your partner a) that does not necessarily mean she has revealed her identity to you and b) there are other players in the game.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 626, Sigmund wrote:Also I'm bored can we just kill someone already
Ahahaha.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 633, UneveN wrote:
In post 627, northsidegal wrote:what do you mean when you say "emulated behavior"? and, just to be clear, i'm not saying that post is alignment indicative, i'm just saying that it's non-associative-indicative.
I mean that I believe that post to be a behaviour that ta vera has observed other alts engaging in and deployed it here to obscure herself. I do not believe it to be non-associative indicative as even if she is your partner a) that does not necessarily mean she has revealed her identity to you and b) there are other players in the game.
okay, i don't agree. i think that regardless of whether or not ta vera is scum that post was sincere, and i think that my reasons to think that are pretty decent. i suppose i should elaborate on why i think it's non-associative indicative, though: it's not about whether or not ta vera would have told me who she is privately, which i agree is unlikely. i think just the more salient point is that if ta vera were scum and i were also scum, she either would not have made the post at all because she wouldn't expect me to actually try to figure out who she was (given that that sort of thing is vaguely town-adjacent to meta-ing people, something scum doesn't really need to do), or if she did make it she would have made it in the scum PT. i'm not sure if i have a great non-intuitive justification for that second point—it's really just the sort of thing that i feel would get said in the scum PT, especially given that revealing your partner's identity could have ramifications for people's reads and thus would fall under the purview of scum strategy, again pointing towards it being discussed in the PT.

do you have a specific reason to believe that that post was just a copy of observations of how other alts behave, or is it just working backwards from already thinking that ta vera is scum?

things fall apart
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 631, Sigmund wrote:like i'm reading my iso and reading this shit push and im just cackling

why would anyone reading this absolute nonsense drivel im posting take it seriously?
FWIW I really enjoy you.
UneveN
UneveN
Townie
UneveN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by UneveN »

In post 635, northsidegal wrote:do you have a specific reason to believe that that post was just a copy of observations of how other alts behave, or is it just working backwards from already thinking that ta vera is scum?
Huh? It was working backwards from the fact that ta vera is an alt, not scum. I already stated that I do not believe it to be alignment indicative. I think the post was sincere in that ta vera is indeed trying to hide her identity and would prefer not to be outed, but the asking you not to if discovered and such is a behaviour of some alts that I believe she has observed as I have also observed it.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Sigmund »

does any1 really care what frog-girl's secret identity is.

let's just kill her and see whether she's scum.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Sigmund »

people are like Christmas presents.

you open them up and you get a nice surprise one way or the other.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 637, UneveN wrote:
In post 635, northsidegal wrote:do you have a specific reason to believe that that post was just a copy of observations of how other alts behave, or is it just working backwards from already thinking that ta vera is scum?
Huh? It was working backwards from the fact that ta vera is an alt, not scum. I already stated that I do not believe it to be alignment indicative. I think the post was sincere in that ta vera is indeed trying to hide her identity and would prefer not to be outed, but the asking you not to if discovered and such is a behaviour of some alts that I believe she has observed as I have also observed it.
hm. i think i may be a little confused here over the connotations of "emulated behavior" and "a behaviour that ta vera has observed other alts engaging in and deployed it here to obscure herself".

when you say that it's a behavior of some alts that you believe she has observed, what conclusion exactly do you draw / do you think that i should draw from that? i feel as though i'm missing something here.
In post 638, Sigmund wrote:does any1 really care what frog-girl's secret identity is.
it's really more about the meta-conversation, although i suppose the conversation really isn't all that important.

things fall apart
UneveN
UneveN
Townie
UneveN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by UneveN »

In post 640, northsidegal wrote:hm. i think i may be a little confused here over the connotations of "emulated behavior" and "a behaviour that ta vera has observed other alts engaging in and deployed it here to obscure herself".

when you say that it's a behavior of some alts that you believe she has observed, what conclusion exactly do you draw / do you think that i should draw from that? i feel as though i'm missing something here.
I think the connotations are simply that it is not alignment indicative as it is an emulated behaviour meant to obscure her identity as an alt not her alignment in the game.

I think the parts that are missing are because I am attempting to honour her wishes for us to not engage in actively alt-hunting. I just said that I felt it was an emulated behaviour to say 'I do not think that is relevant to her alignment or to her likelihood of being northsidegal's partner'.

I am also an alt. I have engaged in behaviours/patterns on this account that I do not on others. Those are not alignment indicative in the same way.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

sure, i agree it's NAI. i just think the specific context in which it was posted is evidence against a me/her team, which i brought up only because i noted it at the time it was posted.

let's leave it at that.

things fall apart
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 505, Iconeum wrote:i really don't remember you being so oblivious, andres
Meh you make me want to ignore you and perhaps that’s the point.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

what's your coalition at this stage guys

funnily enough i think that i agree mostly with , i think mine is {nsg, uneven, ta vera, SS, sigmund}

uneven is iffy but i'm sort of trusting moon on it, SS is mostly null but on the towny side of null. could maybe sub one of them with VFP but i'm sort of doubtful and from what i've reviewed VFP has a better scumgame than i initially expected (no offense or anything, just what i expected based on join date)

things fall apart
UneveN
UneveN
Townie
UneveN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by UneveN »

In post 644, northsidegal wrote:what's your coalition at this stage
{UneveN, Sigmund, Moongrass, VFP, Andresvmb}
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 645, UneveN wrote:{UneveN, Sigmund, Moongrass, VFP, Andresvmb}
im lazy sue me
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 645, UneveN wrote:
In post 644, northsidegal wrote:what's your coalition at this stage
{UneveN, Sigmund, Moongrass, VFP, Andresvmb}
andres is a bit of a surprising inclusion. i'd also be interested in hearing your reasons for townreading moongrass.

things fall apart
UneveN
UneveN
Townie
UneveN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by UneveN »

In post 647, northsidegal wrote:andres is a bit of a surprising inclusion.
I liked his content with regards to Iconeum.
In post 647, northsidegal wrote:i'd also be interested in hearing your reasons for townreading moongrass.
Willing to solo-pilot the game, hasn't crashed.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 648, UneveN wrote:
In post 647, northsidegal wrote:andres is a bit of a surprising inclusion.
I liked his content with regards to Iconeum.
fair. i can even see where you're coming from and maybe even agree, actually.
In post 647, northsidegal wrote:i'd also be interested in hearing your reasons for townreading moongrass.
Willing to solo-pilot the game, hasn't crashed.
a little more dubious, i think.

things fall apart

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”