Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 197, shiki wrote:
In post 196, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Do any of you want me to explain my Group Theory any further or nah?
i guess if you could explain why you think it is more likely that there is at least one scum in each instead of it being that those were the players active at the time as you are also concerned about activity windows
I believe that the groups I made contain at least one scum because I find it unlikely that the wagon was entirely driven by town, especially because I find some of the members on the wagon scummy (see: Sigmund). It is entirely possible that there were no scum on Anya's wagon, in which case my Group Hypothesis is incorrect, but I find this possibility unlikely.

Essentially: It is unlikely that Anya got to E-1 given the circumstances of it (It happening in the early game) without scum players nudging the town to bandwagon.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 200, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I believe that the groups I made contain at least one scum because I find it unlikely that the wagon was entirely driven by town, especially because I find some of the members on the wagon scummy (see: Sigmund). It is entirely possible that there were no scum on Anya's wagon, in which case my Group Hypothesis is incorrect, but I find this possibility unlikely.

Essentially: It is unlikely that Anya got to E-1 given the circumstances of it (It happening in the early game) without scum players nudging the town to bandwagon.
doesn't this assume that anya is town and also why would it not be possible that all three mafia are on the wagon i guess i am still struggling to see the conclusions here as more than 'these are the players on the wagon' and they each have 'less than random' chance of being mafia even though you say it is unlikely to be town driven
feel free to delete this ghost
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 201, shiki wrote:'less than random'
right so game is 9:3 and you are saying this wagon of six players contains at least one mafia because mafia if active at the time would be on the wagon?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:38 pm

In post 198, shiki wrote:
In post 196, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Do any of you want me to explain my Group Theory any further or nah?
i guess if you could explain why you think it is more likely that there is at least one scum in each instead of it being that those were the players active at the time as you are also concerned about activity windows
like all six votes are between posts 43 and 61 right so is it that there was someone posting in that time who you think should have been on the wagon and is not? and is therefore suspicious?
My Hypothesis does not give specifics on who might be scummy in particular, it only gives a framework for scumhunting in the future.
In post 199, shiki wrote:
In post 198, shiki wrote:
like all six votes are between posts 43 and 61 right so is it that there was someone posting in that time who you think should have been on the wagon and is not? and is therefore suspicious?
i guess i do not understand how you could have gathered any information about the players not posting in the window either
The information gathered on the non-posters is gathered from omission. If we know there is at least 1 scum and at most 2 scum on Anya's wagon (something not too unreasonable to expect, considering the unusual bandwagoning), then because we also know there are 3 scum players, there must be at least 1 scum not on Anya's wagon.

Essentially: If we have good reason to believe that there is 1-2 scum on Anya's wagon, then we have reason to believe that there is at least 1 scum off of her wagon.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by shiki »

you have just created groups that give the same weight to players who were inactive at the time of the wagon as to players who were active and not on the wagon and that doesn't seem like the best way to apply the data gained from the wagon if you are going to try to do so and everyone on the wagon is considered the same;

not hectic's only post is their contribution to the wagon; should we really consider that the same as anya's self-vote in terms of likelihood of being mafia?

there are just so many of these to make your groupings mean almost exactly 'these are the players on the wagon' to me
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:47 pm

In post 201, shiki wrote:
In post 200, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I believe that the groups I made contain at least one scum because I find it unlikely that the wagon was entirely driven by town, especially because I find some of the members on the wagon scummy (see: Sigmund). It is entirely possible that there were no scum on Anya's wagon, in which case my Group Hypothesis is incorrect, but I find this possibility unlikely.

doesn't this assume that anya is town and also why would it not be possible that all three mafia are on the wagon i guess i am still struggling to see the conclusions here as more than 'these are the players on the wagon' and they each have 'less than random' chance of being mafia even though you say it is unlikely to be town driven
Technically speaking Anya could be mafia, and thus satisfy the 1 scum requirement of my hypothesis.
I'm not saying that it is literally impossible for all of the mafia to be on the wagon, but that result is unlikely.

The reason why I think that it is unlikely that Anya's wagon was town driven was because of how easily she got to E-1 without much objection. Usually town are not that cooperative in executing another member, especially in the very early game.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:47 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

By some napkin math, there is a 10/11 chance a randomly selected group of 6 players has at least one mafia in it. Might as well sort it alphabetically and split the teams in half at that point.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:58 pm

In post 204, shiki wrote:you have just created groups that give the same weight to players who were inactive at the time of the wagon as to players who were active and not on the wagon and that doesn't seem like the best way to apply the data gained from the wagon if you are going to try to do so and everyone on the wagon is considered the same;

not hectic's only post is their contribution to the wagon; should we really consider that the same as anya's self-vote in terms of likelihood of being mafia?

there are just so many of these to make your groupings mean almost exactly 'these are the players on the wagon' to me
Look past "These are the people on the wagon"
Ignore their names. Ignore who could've been reasonably been online at the time and who couldn't've been.
All of that is irrelevant.

The Primary idea you need to believe is that it is unlikely, given the specific circumstances of Anya's wagon, that there were 0 scum on her wagon.
The Secondary idea you need to believe is that scum players tend to not push all at once on a wagon, to try and avoid association tells, which means it is unlikely that there were 3 scum on her wagon.

Putting both of these ideas together, you get to the conclusion that there was at least 1 scum on Anya's wagon.

If you believe the Primary and Secondary ideas of my hypothesis, then the following structure emerges:

All players on Anya's wagon can be placed into one group. We know that there is at least 1 scum in this group.
Everyone else can be placed into another group. We know that there is at least 1 scum in this group, because there is a minimum of 1 scum unaccounted for (if we assume that the first group had the maximum amount of scum it could contain)

That is essentially it. If you believe idea P and idea S, then the conclusion leads you to thee two groups mentioned in my first post about this.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Until the magical day comes where all the scum are on or off the wagon and this conversation is accomplishing nothing. Didn't you say we should stop posting until morning?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:03 pm

In post 208, Dwlee99 wrote:Until the magical day comes where all the scum are on or off the wagon and this conversation is accomplishing nothing. Didn't you say we should stop posting until morning?
That's not what I said. I said that we should wait 10is hours to wait for others to join in, and then I added onto that by saying that we should try to wrap up and conversations we were having.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 209, Jake The Wolfie wrote:wait 10is hours to wait for others to join in
this is morning

goodnight
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:05 pm

See ya tomorrow.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 11:35 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 207, Jake The Wolfie wrote:The Secondary idea you need to believe is that scum players tend to not push all at once on a wagon, to try and avoid association tells, which means it is unlikely that there were 3 scum on her wagon.
I don't really believe this because Anya's wagon happened in a timespan where not everyone had the demonstrable opportunity to participate.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 11:36 pm

shiki could be town.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 11:40 pm

In post 133, Jake The Wolfie wrote:They've done some of their town-meta actions.
How did you differentiate between Anya's scum meta and town meta?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 11:41 pm

VOTE: Sigmund I agree that this slot needs to sweat
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:44 am

Post by T3 »

I don't think what Sigmund did was ai. My gut is telling me dwelee's tone is off.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:07 am

Post by Sigmund »

In post 215, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: Sigmund I agree that this slot needs to sweat
I love saunas
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:07 am

Post by Sigmund »

In post 175, Rae wrote:if he really thinks that he must not respect me and for that i am pissed.

VOTE: Sigmund
I don't respect anyone here
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:08 am

Post by Sigmund »

In post 176, Rae wrote:actually no.

VOTE: jake
lol why you running wuss
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:08 am

Post by Sigmund »

In post 178, Anya wrote:jake's group theory felt earnest to me in a city way even if i don't agree at all
ok scumwolf
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:09 am

Post by Sigmund »

In post 156, Rae wrote:sigmund frozen omgus pe (policy elimination) among us sus
Rae talks in tongues must be possessed by A DEMON

VOTE: rae
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:14 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 218, Sigmund wrote:
In post 175, Rae wrote:if he really thinks that he must not respect me and for that i am pissed.

VOTE: Sigmund
I don't respect anyone here
If I know your main I'm sad.
In post 221, Sigmund wrote:
In post 156, Rae wrote:sigmund frozen omgus pe (policy elimination) among us sus
Rae talks in tongues must be possessed by A DEMON

VOTE: rae
What happened about Jake and Anya?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:15 am