Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 948, notscience wrote:Please vote for whemestar.
Why me specifically? Just because I'm around?

I'm certainly not going to vote without being caught up.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 949, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 947, Titus wrote:
In post 213, Anya wrote:VOTE: NotMafia

kill all robot alien monster goats
Look at their iso to this point. This post particularly pinged but there's no solving. Some fluff is ok but we're past fluff.
ok but a) I feel like this is literally just what anya does and b) you have played with anya and you should know that? She just enjoys posting nonsense. There's some substance mixed in but you have to wade through layers of abstraction to find it.

There doesn't seem like much here that is outside of that range to me?
I don't particularly care for meta and I'm not guessing what Anya's content is.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Look at their iso to this point. This post particularly pinged but there's no solving. Some fluff is ok but we're past fluff.
ok but a) I feel like this is literally just what anya does and b) you have played with anya and you should know that? She just enjoys posting nonsense. There's some substance mixed in but you have to wade through layers of abstraction to find it.

Like these posts:
In post 867, Anya wrote:VOTE: farkran

he feels very disinterested but is forcing himself to post random thoughts bc he has a yggdrawolf reputation to uphold
In post 893, Anya wrote:guillotina ircher flea bell are my boulders

Dunnstral too for spotting Mastina's shoe laces were tied i think wolves who don't own shoes at all would be less likely to notice
In post 894, Anya wrote:don't like whemestar's lack of care for finding tickets after parking on me
Like these three posts imo have expressed meaningful thoughts about the game, even if they're weirded absurdly, and that seems like a fairly normal level of anya signal:noise for me.

Do you disaree? If so, why?

The more I think about it the more I really don't like this push from titus because I feel like she should really know this?
In post 952, Titus wrote:

I don't particularly care for meta and I'm not guessing what Anya's content is.
This post is a cop out. There's "I don't like meta as a reason to lock town or lock someone" and then theres "actively ignoring information you have"
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:23 am

Post by Titus »

I'm not sorting through signal to noise when I'm sick. You can like it or not. I don't care. I'm also not translating posts about shoelaces.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think you're missing my point. You voting Anya isn't logical even if i believe what you just said in your last post.

The logical conclusion for a townie to "i know this player posts a lot of fluff as either alignment and i don't have the ability to sort through it" isn't "therefore they are scum."

It's "therefore i will solve elsewhere."

Even if i buy the idea that the mindset you're espousing is townie to begin with, which i don't think i agree with anyway, i still don't think it would lead town!you to vote Anya.

And i see a lot of reasons why scum!Titus would think pushing Anya is good.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Titus »

In post 955, Thestatusquo wrote:i know this player posts a lot of fluff as either alignment
There's your problem.
I don't care to meta.
Second, even if I did, voting a player with high garbage to noise ratio is a great place to get more content as pressure might help them comply.

An unreadable slot is garbage and scummy. I play to win and voting slots that ping me and are anti-town is good.

Why the concern after I move my vote?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Because I'm trying to sort you. Why should you moving on change what my reaction to your actions is?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

This defense is just really bad.

VOTE: Titus
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 957, Thestatusquo wrote:Because I'm trying to sort you. Why should you moving on change what my reaction to your actions is?
The concern is that you're shifting the context away from Atre/Whemestar, which are good sorting wagons. I am trying to sort whether that's coincidence or genuine.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:36 am

Post by Titus »

I particularly am not a fan of you saying I should take Anya's regular posting into account but you not taking my limited mental reserves into account.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

So you think I'm voting you too distract from wagons instead of because i think your play is scummy?

I'll be honest, it's impressive that you have come up with a much more creative way to omgus someone than most.

Pedit: i did actually. I said even if i agree with your statement that you don't have the ability to sort Anya's signal from noise it doesn't make sense for you to vote them. It was basically my whole argument.

You can disagree with that argument but saying i didn't consider it is a huge misrep
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:42 am

Post by morph the cat »

Sidebar-

Titus, I can vouch that what Shea is stating about Anya is true. I just came out of a large normal having the exact same issues you're currently going through with the posting. It was my first time playing with her.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 959, Titus wrote:
In post 957, Thestatusquo wrote:Because I'm trying to sort you. Why should you moving on change what my reaction to your actions is?
The concern is that you're shifting the context away from Atre/Whemestar, which are good sorting wagons. I am trying to sort whether that's coincidence or genuine.
Hm.

Why are Atre/Wheme better sorting wagons as dueling wagons than either of them and you?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 962, morph the cat wrote:Sidebar-

Titus, I can vouch that what Shea is stating about Anya is true. I just came out of a large normal having the exact same issues you're currently going through with the posting. It was my first time playing with her.
Guess the hydra:

Ffery.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:44 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 919, Bell wrote:
In post 917, morph the cat wrote:
In post 856, Bingle wrote:
In post 855, morph the cat wrote:Frankly? What's the fun of a social deduction game if the other team rolls over and dies for you. It's a hollow victory, no?
Not really what I meant, although I see that point. I’m more looking at the player list and wondering why, given said list you’re more worried that there aren’t movers and shakers on the scum team than that there are and you aren’t seeing them.
I have fairly solid townreads on a majority of the movers and shakers I personally would panic about, and I just came off a game where being paranoid about handing out townreads and instead sitting by burned me and my town team.
How bad was the burn?
Extreme, actually.

It was soulcrushingly miserable. Mod randomly did a "tehehehehe by the way the town miller exists but there are no town cops oh yeah and there's a neighborhood but both memebrs are mafia traitors that don't know about each other" shit and we tried to mechsolve instead of reads-solve. It was a disaster.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:44 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 964, Bingle wrote:

Guess the hydra:

Ffery.
?

The above post was Neuter. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86404
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:45 am

Post by morph the cat »

@Flea, a layup is a term in American basketball for a shot at the hoop that is extremely easy to make with little to no effort, essentially walk up and score.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:46 am

Post by Bingle »

Oh, this is an aside, but morph do you use weaponized hydra dissonance as a scumtool? I assume the answer is yes and this is not a behavior I've seen, but I want to know if you do for later.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:47 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 968, Bingle wrote:Oh, this is an aside, but morph do you use weaponized hydra dissonance as a scumtool? I assume the answer is yes and this is not a behavior I've seen, but I want to know if you do for later.
Do you want the binary answer or the five paragraph waxing poetic answer?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 965, morph the cat wrote:
In post 919, Bell wrote:
In post 917, morph the cat wrote:
In post 856, Bingle wrote:
In post 855, morph the cat wrote:Frankly? What's the fun of a social deduction game if the other team rolls over and dies for you. It's a hollow victory, no?
Not really what I meant, although I see that point. I’m more looking at the player list and wondering why, given said list you’re more worried that there aren’t movers and shakers on the scum team than that there are and you aren’t seeing them.
I have fairly solid townreads on a majority of the movers and shakers I personally would panic about, and I just came off a game where being paranoid about handing out townreads and instead sitting by burned me and my town team.
How bad was the burn?
Extreme, actually.

It was soulcrushingly miserable. Mod randomly did a "tehehehehe by the way the town miller exists but there are no town cops oh yeah and there's a neighborhood but both memebrs are mafia traitors that don't know about each other" shit and we tried to mechsolve instead of reads-solve. It was a disaster.
This is just extremely good setup design.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Cabd, can we play "Birb does the reads" again

cause I really wanna know your read on Momrangal
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Bingle »

Binary. Do you intentionally create arguments about your reads as scum to appear town and avoid pushing wagons, or are you more likely to default to one person leading on reads and the other following.

The guess the hydra bit was an attempt to gauge how well I can tell the two of you apart tonally, I didn't actually look for games either of you had played with anya.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:51 am

Post by morph the cat »

I sorta was up till 3AM and am phone posting while I do chores but sure, once I get to a PC.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 963, Bingle wrote:
In post 959, Titus wrote:
Hm.

Why are Atre/Wheme better sorting wagons as dueling wagons than either of them and you?

From my perspective, I already know my own alignment. I have a high tendancy to OMGUS. They also happened organically.

From an objective perspective (removing play), any wagons are good for sorting.

I feel like I am onto something and that's why the sudden pressure.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”