Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 994, Guillotina wrote:
In post 885, Flea The Magician wrote:Strong disagree. Early game may not be your strongest but you can excel at it, and scarily so sometimes.
Flea im trying to not get mischopped here, i mean thank you for your admiration and the cred and possibly the pocket there, but scum have to end up believing that im all bark and no bite! Or they will look for ways to mischop me or night kill me.

Im on a road trip until this Tuesday, i will be reading most of the times with few commentary if needed but dont expect high activity from me until then.
I think that you are vastly overestimating how much scum care about you/are playing with you in mind specifically.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 9:53 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 998, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 993, morph the cat wrote:I think the key to this game is gonna be preventing scum from pivoting from the "eliminate the easy marks" stage to the "expand the scum pool with paranoia and setup spec" second stage.

I also think we can be more choosy about which LHF we elim as to not let phase one play out completely.
I agree with you.

I think my current play of allowing Wheme and Arte wagons to compete and see where people land (one one of them, or on netiher) will give me a good sense of what people are trying to do.

Where do you want me to look?
What do you make of NDmath and STD? Those are the other two with low post counts that I could see a flashwagon popping up on.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 9:55 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 997, Titus wrote:
In post 990, morph the cat wrote:Okay. I'm thinking about Mara now, but in the meantime... Do you recall the three step plan I spelled out pregame in Tenet?

I want to prevent that from working here, and I need a third set of eyes on it to confirm my gut is right here.
I try to forget that game. Can you link me?
It was in the scum discord channel.

I can paraphrase though:

Phase one: elim the low hanging fruit that wasn't mafia
Phase two: Pivot to expanding the scumpool via paranoia and setup spec and hope town ignores the low hanging fruit that is Mafia
Phase three: use the near majority to win off of one or two players with abysmal reads

In tenet, the pivot from phase one to two was us expanding the scum pool away from A50/Gypyx/Spiffeh/Pooks and towards Bell/Skitter/Notsci et al.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1001, morph the cat wrote:
In post 993, morph the cat wrote:I think the key to this game is gonna be preventing scum from pivoting from the "eliminate the easy marks" stage to the "expand the scum pool with paranoia and setup spec" second stage.

I also think we can be more choosy about which LHF we elim as to not let phase one play out completely.
I agree with you.

I think my current play of allowing Wheme and Arte wagons to compete and see where people land (one one of them, or on netiher) will give me a good sense of what people are trying to do.

What do you make of NDmath and STD? Those are the other two with low post counts that I could see a flashwagon popping up on.
Haven't even seen NDMath remotely, but STD looks EXACTLY like they did in DEFCON, where they were town.

I'd be willing to wager an okay amount of money STD is town from the.... 3 posts i've seen them make? lol
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 9:57 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 995, notscience wrote:
In post 983, morph the cat wrote:
@notsci

who do you think would be more scared of morph on n0, scum or town?
Hat do I think scum
ould do about you? Attack
They don’t have the facts

I’m a cat on book
Cant sim, but I have zoomies
You know hat I mean?
I get it exactly, yeah. Former coach and all.

While we're smitten with your poetry, I think we're going to revert to talking normally now. Join us at your leisure.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1003, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

I agree with you.

Haven't even seen NDMath remotely, but STD looks EXACTLY like they did in DEFCON, where they were town.

I'd be willing to wager an okay amount of money STD is town from the.... 3 posts i've seen them make? lol
This analysis seems weirdly incomplete. Can you contrast this with an std scum game?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 9:58 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 995, notscience wrote:
In post 983, morph the cat wrote:
@notsci

who do you think would be more scared of morph on n0, scum or town?
Hat do I think scum
ould do about you? Attack
They don’t have the facts[/align
they would have at least one fact.

vs naught but free-floating paranoia, I guess.
I’m a cat on book
Cant sim, but I have zoomies
You know hat I mean?[/align]
such disarmingly cute zoomies!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:01 am

In post 1005, Thestatusquo wrote:

I agree with you.

This analysis seems weirdly incomplete. Can you contrast this with an std scum game?
I can't off the top of my head, and I generally don't rely on meta.

It's just that DEFCON was literally JUST ended and STD was suspected for EXACTLY this and has done NOTHING to change it.

The only other experience I have is IRL experience with STD and all that informs me is that STD is talented enough to observe and change.

so I just feel very confident that if they were scum they would have behaved differently

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1002, morph the cat wrote:
In post 997, Titus wrote:
In post 990, morph the cat wrote:Okay. I'm thinking about Mara now, but in the meantime... Do you recall the three step plan I spelled out pregame in Tenet?

I want to prevent that from working here, and I need a third set of eyes on it to confirm my gut is right here.
I try to forget that game. Can you link me?
It was in the scum discord channel.

I can paraphrase though:

Phase one: elim the low hanging fruit that wasn't mafia
Phase two: Pivot to expanding the scumpool via paranoia and setup spec and hope town ignores the low hanging fruit that is Mafia
Phase three: use the near majority to win off of one or two players with abysmal reads

In tenet, the pivot from phase one to two was us expanding the scum pool away from A50/Gypyx/Spiffeh/Pooks and towards Bell/Skitter/Notsci et al.
I think you were helped by the rescue mechanic immensely. :/

For the 3 part plan to work, active mafia are needed which is not a 2020 scumteam game. Right now, I think we're headed for a solid townblock which counters that.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:05 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1007, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

I agree with you.

It's just that DEFCON was literally JUST ended and STD was suspected for EXACTLY this and has done NOTHING to change it.

The only other experience I have is IRL experience with STD and all that informs me is that STD is talented enough to observe and change.

so I just feel very confident that if they were scum they would have behaved differently
There's like 3 different weirdly contradictory things going on here and I'm not loving it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:08 am

Post by Titus »

1. Morph the Cat (fferyllt/Cabd) - Town
2. Dunnstral - Null town
3. Save the Dragons - I want to say town but I may be attributing some posts of them in my mind to Morph. Gmth town
4. White Fire (Shiro/Firebringer) - Null town, only reserve is buddying.
5. Lady Lambdadelta - Weak town (solely bc past baggage, anyone else solid town)
6. jjh927 Ircher - Null
7. Artemiana - Null scum
8. Sigmund - Null, gtmh town
9. Titus - Moonwalker
10. Bell - Townish
12. NDMath - lean scum
13. WhemeStar - Null, would compromise
14. notscience - Moderate town, hard with the PR
15. Anya - lean scum
16. Guillotina - Null, high priority to sort
17. Toogeloo - Weak town
18. Flea the Magician - Null (I need to sort them)
19. Chara - Weak town
20. Thestatusquo - I want to say town but keeps defending scum
21. MURDERCAT - Town
22. Farkran - Town
23. Bingle - Town
24. Something_Smart - Weak town

I'm ok with this for now
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:08 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1010, Titus wrote:14. notscience - Moderate town, hard with the PR
Notsci has admitted it's self-imposed FYI.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:09 am

In post 1009, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1007, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

I agree with you.

There's like 3 different weirdly contradictory things going on here and I'm not loving it.
I'm not sure how it's contradictory, but sure lemme help break it down.

I'm not someone who relies on Meta because I think once a person knows their own meta, it's garbage.

But I think the behaviour I am observing is similar enough, across multiple points, and gives me the same gut feeling

as a game that ended less than a week ago

And while I think STD is a competent player.

I also am using that competence as a burden metric to suggest that if they were indeed scum they would have swapped from how they played last game in at least a few ways

because specifically of how suspected they were during that game.

So the fact that they're the same and didn't swap is a point in their favour
the fact the behaviour has been done before within the last weeks is a point in their favour
and the general gut feel of it being what I'd be looking for is a point in their favour

I'm not sure how this is contradictory. I don't need to know their scum game on the site or care about their longstanding meta to make this kind of read.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1011, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1010, Titus wrote:14. notscience - Moderate town, hard with the PR
Notsci has admitted it's self-imposed FYI.
I know. That doesn't make him any easier to read. I've done self imposed PRs before too. It's a valid tactic.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:12 am

Like if you think my reasoning is flawed you're welcome to engage me with it, but I don't understand the contradictory part of it?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:13 am

Post by notscience »

A real weak excuse
You can still read tone, but sure
Easy to fan flames
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:14 am

In post 1015, notscience wrote:
A real weak excuse
You can still read tone, but sure
Easy to fan flames
Who is this to?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

20. Thestatusquo - I want to say town but keeps defending scum

The more Titus posts things like this the more solid my scum reads becomes. Titus doesn't know who the scum are if she's town. So how can I defend them? Also what scum have i defended even if we assume her reads are correct? Anya? She only has them at lean scum and i defended her because Titus attack is just obviously incorrect on face. The only other 2 people she lists as scum are ND who I'm pretty sure i don't have a single thought about because they've basically been absent and Arte? I literally voted them.

This read list is nonsense. We don't have any confidence other than "lean scum" but somehow that's enough confidence to shade me by claiming I'm defending scum?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:15 am

Post by notscience »

The Moonlogic Queen
AKA Lady Titus
Leaving a backdoor
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Titus »

Morph, is the townblock good enough for today to conquer that strategy.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:20 am

Post by notscience »

Myself, morph, and Bell
A formidable trio
Solid townbloc core
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:20 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1019, Titus wrote:Morph, is the townblock good enough for today to conquer that strategy.
It's amusing to me, because we have nearly no overlap with our strong town names, hah.

Let us think about it.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:27 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 982, Bingle wrote:Ah, thanks, both of you. So the answer is you would, but you tend to have a resonant hydra presence more often, presumably as both alignments.
It looks like you are trying to build a model of our hydra play.

by asking
us
about our hydra play.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1021, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1019, Titus wrote:Morph, is the townblock good enough for today to conquer that strategy.
It's amusing to me, because we have nearly no overlap with our strong town names, hah.

Let us think about it.
This is something I'd like feedback on when you two get back together. I want to start solidifying my reads, but we need wagons.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:32 am

In post 1021, morph the cat wrote:

Let us think about it.
Are your names still the ones you had when you threw a bunch of names at me

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”