Micro 1009: Would You Like To Be My Neighbor? [Game Over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Hopkirk »

i wouldn't bus there because it doesn't benefits me. what's better for scum!hop

-leveraging influence over you/others there to save my partner then kill you (a UTR) who's the only person who'd hard drive the wagon
-aiming to get to an endgame where dumb wifom stuff is going to apparently be enough to counteract legitimate reasons to hard TR me

like saving Flow there is a win condition for scum!me, wouldn't make me look bad, and i didn't even try to do it
- Mo would have voted elsewhere
- Me voting elsewhere
- Flow voting elsewhere
- Are you saying that there's 0% chance either you or Vanders or Emily would hammer Mo if Flow got stuck on two votes? i have no reason to bus there and every reason not to
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Emily has done literally nothing today except ATE at you and it's worked?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

If Pooky has never bussed outside of that mech guilty, then why would he bus Flow, when he started looking a bit townier?

Sure he could have broke meta here but isn’t it far more likely he didn’t?

I think other than a mech guilty, probably the only way he’d bus is if his buddy practically begged him too but I don’t think that’s happened either.

But it’s kind’ve a stretch to assume that Pooky busses in a mech guilty to a buddy that was clearly trying to survive.
Flow’s problem was that he didn’t put any effort into even trying to appear consistent. Has trs, then he doesn’t but suddenly when he’s a E -1 he does?

Also while I will always think all votes on me suck, Robert’s was objectively probably the only one that didn’t and Flow’s wasn’t good.

I think you defended him for his vote iirc?

I definitely do think it’s possibly scum indicative depending on the player, if they vote for a slot right after they express a light tl on them. Town usually views it as town indicative because they know they’re town but scum looks at it as someone optimal to push.

I know I once wrongly hard defended a scummy slot and wound up being the next nk. :lol:
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

NM, that was Vanders. But I think it’s a stretch to think this is the game Pooky broke bussing meta.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Hopkirk »

i feel like you're just looking at 'pooky doesn't usually bus' and avoiding the context

- what is Emily's path (as a player nobody hard TR) to actually avoiding the Flow wagon on that day when you and me are TR by everyone and pushing for it?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Hopkirk »

flow didn't start looking townier. we were calling for hammers.
pooky having a not bussing meta doesn't mean that Pooky would never bus, it means they'd need a good reason to bus and this was a VERY good reason (and on a secret alt, so doesn't ruin pooky's own record which i assume they're telling the truth about so haven't verified)
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1450, Hopkirk wrote:i wouldn't bus there because it doesn't benefits me. what's better for scum!hop

-leveraging influence over you/others there to save my partner then kill you (a UTR) who's the only person who'd hard drive the wagon
-aiming to get to an endgame where dumb wifom stuff is going to apparently be enough to counteract legitimate reasons to hard TR me

like saving Flow there is a win condition for scum!me, wouldn't make me look bad, and i didn't even try to do it
- Mo would have voted elsewhere
- Me voting elsewhere
- Flow voting elsewhere
- Are you saying that there's 0% chance either you or Vanders or Emily would hammer Mo if Flow got stuck on two votes? i have no reason to bus there and every reason not to
Neither of you will admit to that obviously but who could afford it the most? My professed strongest tr out of the gate or a lesser tr?

Look at the timing of Emily’s hammer. Does that make any sense irrespective of Pooky meta? If Flow was town, that would obviously have looked really bad but he wasn’t. I think only bugs would insta lol hammer their buddy like that.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Hopkirk »

like what is Emily's other choice there that doesn't get Flow eliminated anyway AND Emily dead the next day?
because the hammer literally got her to lylo where, as far as i can tell, the hammer is the only reason you're switching?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Hopkirk »

'Look at the timing of Emily’s hammer. Does that make any sense irrespective of Pooky meta?'

YES
how does pooky save flow there ever?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1217, Vanderscamp wrote:I think what monkey had to say when catching up is much townier than what Emily had to say, not because it is super town, but just because it is actually taking real stances on the game.
I do think you are likely town and I think Loki is town as well.

I would kill flow, then Emily, then have no idea. The meta argument from Loki holds some weight but I just don't really trust his reads enough to lose the game on someone I don't think has seemed towny, even if he is. Because, maybe I'm forgetting, but the crux of his argument has basically been "I have played with hopkirk and I can tell what his town game looks like" without any real specifics.
In post 1183, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1181, GrandpaMo wrote:ok just read flow's iso.

this is town.

i hard townread flow. lol
In post 1182, GrandpaMo wrote:i think this is just mafia lim bait
Why?
nobody was changing their minds on Flow there?
Emily hammered WHILE HEM WAS CATCHING UP and WHILE THE THREE TOWNIEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME HAD FLOW ON L1
subbing into that position is NOT SALVAGABLE, it doesn't matter that pooky dislikes bussing, they do not have a choice if they don't want to immediately follow Flow
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1233, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Emily, you're not a child. You've volunteered entry into a game where being suspicious is a key element, and making decisions requires thoughtful consideration. I'm not mad. I just don't underestimate you. I think you're using being new as a cover to advance a scum wincon. You've already demonstrated that you understand the implications of eliminating someone without everyone else catching up. It's not even deadline.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1454, Hopkirk wrote:i feel like you're just looking at 'pooky doesn't usually bus' and avoiding the context

- what is Emily's path (as a player nobody hard TR) to actually avoiding the Flow wagon on that day when you and me are TR by everyone and pushing for it?
Where did she avoid it?

Yes because meta is pretty powerful stuff because you’re arguing that this is the game he chose to break that meta and that’s an extremely hard sell, especially because it really didn’t even look like a bus and I thought that before I even had any idea she was Pooky.

Last time I saw scum hammer their buddy, they were already dead in the water when it happened but Flow definitely wasn’t. Flow might have conceivably turned things around with monkey’s horrible reads and Vanders having doubts.

Emily was my hero for that hammer because he had a chance to get away. That’s why I didn’t view it as a bus.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1276, Vanderscamp wrote:FFS you already hammered him

Grandpa is town, I feel like he is pretty obviously town

Kill Emily if I die
In post 1277, Vanderscamp wrote:It's true that what grandpa is saying is nonsense

However I believe his nonsense is VERY clearly more genuine than anything Emily has said this game.
I'm more confident in grandpa town than Emily scum but unfortunately we now only get one more kill and I don't think I can not kill emily
In post 1275, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1252, Hopkirk wrote:emily's real identity affects my read here
VOTE: emily
I don't think I care

It's extremely clear that her newness is just an act, and I therefore hate the lack of anything useful she contributed the entire time she was present.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 300, Andante wrote:Player List:
Andante - Town
GeorgeBailey
Robert M Hunter
Vanderscamp
flow trap - Town
bugspray
GrandpaMo - Town
Hopkirk - Town
Loki Dokie - Town

is this game really this easy? like... I have 4 TRs/TLs right now
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

please just listen to all of the dead town telling you it was Emily (and TRing me) before they died- Vanders, Andante
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1457, Hopkirk wrote:like what is Emily's other choice there that doesn't get Flow eliminated anyway AND Emily dead the next day?
because the hammer literally got her to lylo where, as far as i can tell, the hammer is the only reason you're switching?
Why does scum!Emily hammer her buddy when she had to know it would look really bad? That’s why I say had Flow been town, I’d likely view it very differently.

Look, you don’t know how badly I’d love to yeet scum!Pooky after he bamboozled me in two games but I don’t think this is that game.

It read to me like Emily wanted to make damn certain Flow got hammered which isn’t at all inline with Pooky’s scum meta.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1461, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1454, Hopkirk wrote:i feel like you're just looking at 'pooky doesn't usually bus' and avoiding the context

Where did she avoid it?

Yes because meta is pretty powerful stuff because you’re arguing that this is the game he chose to break that meta and that’s an extremely hard sell, especially because it really didn’t even look like a bus and I thought that before I even had any idea she was Pooky.

Last time I saw scum hammer their buddy, they were already dead in the water when it happened but Flow definitely wasn’t. Flow might have conceivably turned things around with monkey’s horrible reads and Vanders having doubts.

Emily was my hero for that hammer because he had a chance to get away. That’s why I didn’t view it as a bus.
EXACTLY MY POINT
she didn't avoid it because she couldn't avoid it wtaiogethowi
3 other players thought it looked like a weird hammer/possible bus (me, Vanders, HEM) so you're giving too much stock to it

How was Flow not dead in the water. please please actually answer this because this is literally 100% of what i'm saying right now. Flow was clearly dead there with you/me/vanders on them and making it CLEAR we weren't switching

like, do you think Pooky ever thinks he can convince you to switch there? because he 100% has to make you switch off Flow there in order to save Flow.
alternatively, busses for towncred, like he did
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1465, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1457, Hopkirk wrote:like what is Emily's other choice there that doesn't get Flow eliminated anyway AND Emily dead the next day?
Why does scum!Emily hammer her buddy when she had to know it would look really bad? That’s why I say had Flow been town, I’d likely view it very differently.

Look, you don’t know how badly I’d love to yeet scum!Pooky after he bamboozled me in two games but I don’t think this is that game.

It read to me like Emily wanted to make damn certain Flow got hammered which isn’t at all inline with Pooky’s scum meta.
she didn't 'know' it would look really bad because people don't know how things are going to look until they post them
me/vanders/HEM all pointed out it looked forced

obviously if Flow had been town it would be different because it
wouldn't be a bus
but that's irrelevant to the point i don't understand why you mentioned it
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1462, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1276, Vanderscamp wrote:FFS you already hammered him

Grandpa is town, I feel like he is pretty obviously town

Kill Emily if I die
In post 1277, Vanderscamp wrote:It's true that what grandpa is saying is nonsense

However I believe his nonsense is VERY clearly more genuine than anything Emily has said this game.
I'm more confident in grandpa town than Emily scum but unfortunately we now only get one more kill and I don't think I can not kill emily
In post 1275, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1252, Hopkirk wrote:emily's real identity affects my read here
VOTE: emily
I don't think I care

It's extremely clear that her newness is just an act, and I therefore hate the lack of anything useful she contributed the entire time she was present.
I was scum in a game where a townie said to kill my buddy if they died. They didn’t and lock tr them for it,

Sure that’s just wifom but you’re arguing that the hammer was a bus is also wifom.

Yes Vanders sr Emily, he also voted bugs but he isn’t here rn, so we have no way of knowing if his read would change.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

1.) what happens to Emily if she doesn't bus there OR divert the wagon: she dies the next day
2.) can Emily divert the wagon?: no

do you disagree with either of these points? because this is what i'm saying
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Yes Vanders sr Emily, he also voted bugs but he isn’t here rn, so we have no way of knowing if his read would change.
if only he scumread Emily multiple times prior to being nightkilled last night, said he 100% would always vote her, and was voting her prior to dying
HE DID. we clearly know how Vanders would vote if he was here

Emily hard played the fake newbie card and got caught out on it
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1466, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1461, Loki Dokie wrote:

Where did she avoid it?

EXACTLY MY POINT
she didn't avoid it because she couldn't avoid it wtaiogethowi
3 other players thought it looked like a weird hammer/possible bus (me, Vanders, HEM) so you're giving too much stock to it

How was Flow not dead in the water. please please actually answer this because this is literally 100% of what i'm saying right now. Flow was clearly dead there with you/me/vanders on them and making it CLEAR we weren't switching

like, do you think Pooky ever thinks he can convince you to switch there? because he 100% has to make you switch off Flow there in order to save Flow.
alternatively, busses for towncred, like he did
He literally has a history of never doing this though. Spring Breeze was actually dead in the water and Pooky still hard defended her and she was in a much worse position than Flow was here. Pretty much the entire playerlist wanted her dead.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Hopkirk »

how is a history of not bussing remotely relevant? you are completely ignoring the context
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1469, Hopkirk wrote:1.) what happens to Emily if she doesn't bus there OR divert the wagon: she dies the next day

please respond to this or i'm not posting in the thread again
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1469, Hopkirk wrote:1.) what happens to Emily if she doesn't bus there OR divert the wagon: she dies the next day

No I don’t see that at all. In fact it was the actual hammer that initially brought suspicions upon her. Had Flow flipped town, she probably would have been the flip.

I’m saying that hammer made no sense if Emily is Flow’s buddy and there isn’t a single Pooky scumgame where he did anything like this.

So why would this game be the one he suddenly chooses to break meta and why after things we’re starting to look a bit better for Flow, when it’s anti-wincon to bus your buddy in this setup if they have a decent chance of possibility turning things around, which Flow clearly did.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”