Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 487, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 482, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 449, Dunnstral wrote:I reread Vanderscamp, not feeling like voting there

I don't want to vote for Marci or Guiltylion either

So for me it's Luke or hopkirk in the 6

VOTE: Hopkirk
Do you have anything else?
Yeah: I'm ready to proceed to an elimination
Dunn, can you explain your Day 1 scum read on Hopkirk or at least tell us if those concerns went away?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 431, Hopkirk wrote:also full disclosure i uh... asked whether you thought you were playing differently before looking back through your games. it's a pretty fun question to ask people
Also, uhhh. This does not seem genuine. Because he did not ask me whether I thought I was playing differently - he accused me of being "really really different"

Which is not the same thing, and the actual thing he said makes a lot less sense to have come from him if he genuinely had not read my prior games.
In post 356, Hopkirk wrote:lukewarm seems really really different to all of his other games. what's up with that luke?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

And like post was made and, and he supposedly had not read my past games yet at this point.

Which makes it hard to believe he was then able to whip up and , where he has supposedly now had time to look over 3 different games, pull a million quotes from them, summarize and analyze my play style in all three games compared to this one, it he had not even looked over the games yet like 2 posts back in his ISO
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Like, just looking at his trajectory on me

-> -> -> -> -> -> ->

To suddenly in claiming that he started that trajectory without having actually read the games to begin with.

His original trajectory seemed way too consistent from the very first post for it to have started before he read the games.

So did town!hopkirk make the accusation that I was very different then my prior games without having read them, then went and read them, and then made a case trying to prove the accusation that me made without reading them?

Do did scum!hopkirk make a case against me, and eventually try to back away from it in 431?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Hopkirk »

btw my 60 posts lastnight were a scumgame that just finished lol

yeah I SR you a bit then i read your games because of that and SR more after. it's very logical
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 979, Hopkirk wrote:btw my 60 posts lastnight were a scumgame that just finished lol

yeah I SR you a bit then i read your games because of that and SR more after. it's very logical
My point is not that you SR me, then read my games.

My point is that you said "luke is really really different in this game then his past games" and then apparently started reading my games and then apparently found evidence that happened to support the accusation you had already made.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Hopkirk »

nah, i asked if
you
thought you were playing differently. i've asked that a bunch of times in the past, there it was with intent to bear in mind your response
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 981, Hopkirk wrote:nah, i asked if
you
thought you were playing differently. i've asked that a bunch of times in the past, there it was with intent to bear in mind your response
This is false.
In post 356, Hopkirk wrote:
lukewarm seems really really different to all of his other games
. what's up with that luke?
You did not ask me if I thought I was playing differently, you accused me of being "really really different"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@everyone, have reached deathtunnel levels of confidence in this. No other wagon feels anywhere close to being this right.

If we do not vote hopkirk before Elo, then we will most likely make it all the way to elo with me + hopkirk + someone else, where I will then vote hopkirk.

If I have convinced you that hopkirk is scum, then we should go ahead and kill him off now.
If you still think that hopkirk is town, then you still need to vote him off (or me i guess) because that means we will lose at Elo

So, either way, I think Hopkirk should die today

Every other player has been really uncertain of their cases, but now that I have reached this point no scum will ever kill me or hopkirk. No other scum would kill me, because I have become their best chance to win, and that means hopkirk can't kill me because he is the only scum player that might benefit from me dying.

So, unless you are 100% sure of your case, I ask that you help me here. Otherwise, we are setting ourselves up for one hell of an Elo down the line.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Hopkirk »

so this means you're saying we need to vote
you
off before lylo? lol
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Hopkirk »

VOTE: Dunn

still between this/vanders.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 984, Hopkirk wrote:so this means you're saying we need to vote
you
off before lylo? lol
I think that one of us absolutely needs to go. Me and you both making it to Elo sounds like a nightmare for town tbh.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 982, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 981, Hopkirk wrote:nah, i asked if
you
This is false.
In post 356, Hopkirk wrote:
lukewarm seems really really different to all of his other games
. what's up with that luke?
You did not ask me if I thought I was playing differently, you accused me of being "really really different"
No comment here?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I've skimmed along and going to read up and reply in detail in a min, but just wanna give my first thought - Lukewarm, it would be terrible play to eliminate Hopkirk today. I really don't buy that Bingle "didn't want the push to go through", it was
very
close, Hopkirk was closest of anyone getting eliminated D1 and it's really only due to N_M, nEE, and Vanders that he wasn't.

It's fair to be paranoid and consider all possibilities, but the odds of Hopkirk being scum are much lower than almost anyone else in the 6p. You reconsider his slot if you get down to F3 and he's still alive for some reason. You don't do it right after the main person pushing him flipped scum.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 931, marcistar wrote:i think dunnstrals more likely to be town than not. yeah hes inactive, but nothing hes done is really eyebrow raising. so i wouldn't really look at him.
marci, Dunn is pushing to eliminate you today and has been low engagement/content compared to most other slots in the game. I'm having a hard time understanding why town in your shoes would think he's not worth looking at?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

does feel pretty town overall though, I think

VOTE: Dunnstral
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 988, GuiltyLion wrote:Hopkirk was closest of anyone getting eliminated D1 and it's really only due to N_M, nEE, and Vanders that he wasn't.
Was it due to n_m, Norwee, and Vanders? Or was it because Bingle made the "I will hammer Vanders if we speed elim hopkirk tomorrow" post?

Because, from my pov, that post from Bingle is the biggest thing that stopped the hopkirk wagon from passing. Look at how literally every player in the thread reacted to that post?

Do you think that Bingle believed that post would help him push out hopkirk? If so, he wildly misjudged how the thread would have reacted to it.

And, why do you think Bingle self voted instead of continuing to try and whip up votes against hopkirk, when I was still there trying to convince people?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Dunn
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 991, Lukewarm wrote:Or was it because Bingle made the "I will hammer Vanders if we speed elim hopkirk tomorrow" post?
No, it was because of those three players voting Bingle.

You're kinda going off the deep end here man. You think Bingle's plan was to push Hopkirk really hard, then gamble that he could make an open-wolfy enough post to draw all the votes to himself instead, even though many of the players were suggesting never to eliminate in 3p on D1? Really?

Stop inventing narratives for why something is possible and just stick to what's likely. Bingle-Hopkirk is S-S in far far FAR fewer universes than ones where almost anyone else in the 6p field is scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm fine with this, I think marci's last few effort posts were more likely town and Dunn was always going to be a POE elimination and overall decent odds of scum here

I'm not extremely confident but I haven't been able to feel all that confident scumreading anyone left this game, other than when I was pretty sure it was Vanders
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 992, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Dunn
Pretty sure that is the hammer.

Hopefully the game just ends

But, I have my doubts :/
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

And you are the one who convinced me of that
In post 883, GuiltyLion wrote:Like if Dunn is scum, you have to believe he didn't try to gain any towncred from scumreading/distancing/pushing Bingle, nor did he try especially hard to protect him, and you have to believe he's happy to give flippant low-effort posts in thread even when most players are casting suspicion his way. It's possible but it just doesn't feel like The One True Answer to me.
In post 884, GuiltyLion wrote:2) scum!Dunn avoided the GL/Vander TvT entirely and opted to push a marci miselimination without any real support yet from other townies
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm town
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Bingle tanked himself end of Day 1, and I just don't see that he did that in a way that would benefit Dunn at all
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 997, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm town
I know, that is why I kept asking for you to look at my hopkirk case

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”