morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by morph the cat »

There are other Ircher posts to town points him off of. Using that one is lazy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Observing that he can say that as scum, while technically true, misses the point.

The point is that in my experience that isn't a common line of reasoning for scum to think about. Taken at face value, it's pointless; scum don't need to talk about what happens after their town flip because that will never happen. That means that it's easy for scum to miss that when trying to decide how to appear town. Whereas, town think of that very readily, because they care a lot about evaluating the people pushing them and it matters to them what happens after they die, if they do die.

There seems to be some misconception that scum have more trouble faking posts that require more effort which leads naturally to this effort = town paradigm that gets the low-content players mis-executed game after game. I'm not saying Ircher is necessarily town, but it seems to me that he's being pushed mostly for being low-content rather than actually scummy, even if he is in fact scum.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:21 pm

In post 2100, morph the cat wrote:There are other Ircher posts to town points him off of. Using that one is lazy.
I mean yes. You have met me before right? :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:25 pm

In post 2099, Dunnstral wrote:I just don't think you can call them town off of that
Well, everything is degrees of confidence. I'm not saying he's lock town for all eternity, but it's enough to make me not want to execute him today.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ok but who do you want to execute
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:27 pm

Anyone whom I don't townread, at least for the time being.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2101, Something_Smart wrote:Observing that he can say that as scum, while technically true, misses the point.
I don't think it does, actually
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:35 pm

It must? I mean any sequence of characters could theoretically come out of the keyboard of a player of either alignment. Reading people is all about judging whether posts are more likely to come from town or scum.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

:roll:
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 253, Titus wrote:
In post 250, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 247, Titus wrote:This is yucky.
How so? It seems rather insightful to me.
Rolefishing is insightful? We all can tell this game has unique mechanics. We all must have discord.
I wouldn't really call it insightful, but I also wouldn't call it yucky either. It's somewhere in-between. It's not really rolefishing so much as it is just Guillotina aggressively attacking what some may perceive as a minor slip.
In post 261, Thestatusquo wrote:actually
@mod is there any way you can remove the people with no votes from the votecount? Having all those names there with no votes is just noise that makes it hard to focus in on where the votes are
Redacted.
In post 272, Guillotina wrote:Anya's ISO is just fluff so far, but the game has barely started. I'll give her more time.
I agree with this. When I saw Titus ask Guillotina about Anya, I was thinking, "Wait, has Anya even posted in this game?" Their posts to this post, despite being numerous, are empty and devoid of memorable content.
In post 277, Guillotina wrote:There shouldnt be space for game throwers in this game as that is a very bad reason to take out soo eone who is excited about playing the game.
(Policy kills aren't game-throws. If anything, they are some of the best shots to make.)
In post 287, Anya wrote:
In post 282, Thestatusquo wrote:hey cabd shoot me a 6 player scum team pls.
this feels more like a 8 or 9 wolf game personally

maybe there's multiple packs
This feels like something scum says.
In post 292, Chara wrote:i was going to say it's an and/or, but maybe either implies exclusive or?
Ah, the ambiguity of everyday English...
In post 308, morph the cat wrote:{Toog, White Fire}
{TSQ, S_S, Dunn, Notsci}

This is our "not touching today" list.
I would 100% remove notsci and 80% remove Dunnstral and Toogeloo from this list.
In post 312, Anya wrote:that's all just speculation
(Read first.) This is a terrible post for obvious reasons.
In post 319, Thestatusquo wrote:Meet Anya. She's just like this.
Yes, well, this doesn't excuse the behavior.
In post 329, mastina wrote:by the time all of this was done, N0 had ended.
(For future design reference, this kind of thing is exactly why you don't make phases 24 hour long in a non-blitz. It also applies to activity prods.)
In post 335, Farkran wrote:I think i will start with VOTE: guillotina because i feel like there's attempt to stay active but content/posts ratio is low
I think his content ratio is par for the course.
In post 351, morph the cat wrote:Third parties are scum until explicitly proven otherwise.
People need to stop spreading this nonsense. There's two types of third parties: neutral like survivors, most jesters, etc. and self-aligned like serial killers. Only the latter is scum. The former are simply "not town", and note that that doesn't mean they are scum.

Read to bottom of .
---
In post 1755, WhemeStar wrote:So far ircher is town for me
I must admit, this statement kind of worries me, but not by how I'm approaching this game.
In post 1815, Bingle wrote:6. Ircher - mostly lack of presence and a really bad ISO from JJH.
You know, if you weren't confirmed town, these are horrible reasons to scum read me. jjh was flat out not here; maybe he joined but couldn't keep up. It happens hence why jjh got replaced. As for my lack of presence, I've already explained why I'm reading at a lower rate, and you should know that I generally post/catch up at a lower rate. I admit that I basically prodged yesterday, but I really didn't feel like reading then.
In post 1843, Guillotina wrote:These two posts in red are huge contradictions my guy, you complained about the post volume and then you imply suspicion on LLD for the same, looks like by your own logic you outed yourself.
1) It's not a contradiction. Commenting that there is 20 pages already is not necessarily a complaint. It's an observation. (Yes, I was surprised by the number hence why I made the comment, but again, that doesn't mean I was complaining.)
2) I wasn't nailing LLD for complaining about posting volume but rather the implicit day vig soft claim aspect of it.
3) Only scum are perfectly consistent.
In post 1846, Guillotina wrote:It's policy to claim negative utility actions without pressure on Day 1, if you are town.
I'm aware. Are you saying that you consider Toogeloo's claim as a negative utility role? I didn't get that impression; weak does not imply negatively utility.
In post 1863, Titus wrote:Ircher's still not here.
I generally post in games at night, sometimes during the morning. This is especially true when I have pages to catch up on.
In post 1867, Guillotina wrote:I don't have to read further to know that Ircher is off and he scum told in the wall post I posted.
I don't think you have seen a representative sample of my play. Since it just ended, explain to me how my play here resembles my play in Maruchan's grand idea game.
In post 1882, Bingle wrote:roughly 3 days we have left of the dayphase.
(7 day deadlines always feel so short, especially for day 1...)
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Ircher »

VOTE: Anya
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 558, NDMath wrote:I dislike whemestar's focus on non-productive stuff but haven't played with them before so it could easily be nai for them.
This felt like a read with fear to compromise.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 2109, Ircher wrote:(Policy kills aren't game-throws. If anything, they are some of the best shots to make.)
Do you think that under that context, that policy kill is one of the best shots that that slot could have made? If i remember correctly, you were against that statement, what changed?
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 2109, Ircher wrote:(Read 311 first.) This is a terrible post for obvious reasons.
It is a terrible post, but is it a scummy post or is it a post from someone who didn't read the OP?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2109, Ircher wrote:You know, if you weren't confirmed town, these are horrible reasons to scum read me. jjh was flat out not here; maybe he joined but couldn't keep up. It happens hence why jjh got replaced. As for my lack of presence, I've already explained why I'm reading at a lower rate, and you should know that I generally post/catch up at a lower rate. I admit that I basically prodged yesterday, but I really didn't feel like reading then.
Disregarding entirely the NAI and possibly rule breaking conversation of why jjh repped out, there is nothing in his ISO to suggest he wasn't here or that he was struggling to keep up. I'm aware that you can't possibly defend against "Person previously in the slot was scummy", but the shade on "The content of these posts is scummy" as "He couldn't keep up" is noted when jj posted 14 times in an hour and a half and then repped out 4 hours later.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 2109, Ircher wrote:I'm aware. Are you saying that you consider Toogeloo's claim as a negative utility role? I didn't get that impression; weak does not imply negatively utility.

He made it sound bad so I assumed it was without checking the context. When I actually checked it, I took it back in my mind, but I do believe Toog did a good thing claiming that and the results.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Not really digging the whole "come back from doing very little, getting Wagoned, attacking the biggest lhf in the game" thing going on here.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Ndmath

:yawn:
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Bell »

I don't agree with Ircher's read on Notty at all. It's to the point I almost think he can't be serious. He's spent more time saying Notty shouldn't be suspected than giving reasons why he deserves to be.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Bell »

*should be suspected
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 2109, Ircher wrote:People need to stop spreading this nonsense. There's two types of third parties: neutral like survivors, most jesters, etc. and self-aligned like serial killers. Only the latter is scum. The former are simply "not town", and note that that doesn't mean they are scum.
I disagree. I yeet all 3P claims, any party that is not town must die.
In post 2109, Ircher wrote:I don't think you have seen a representative sample of my play. Since it just ended, explain to me how my play here resembles my play in Maruchan's grand idea game.
Good try, I'm not reading you based on my limited meta on you. Besides, if I can manipulate or change my own meta at will, so can anyone else.
In post 1237, NDMath wrote:Overall point was your scumreads were on the two players with the most abnormal posting styles without other provided reasons and that doesn't seem natural for town.
NGL, I like this post, but I am biased.

NDMath has very few posts but they make me feel at ease, except for the lack of compromise one.
White Fire
White Fire
Goon
White Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by White Fire »

In post 2117, Bell wrote:VOTE: Ndmath

:yawn:
This is the spiciest vote in pages.
Hydra of Shiro and Firebringer
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1979, morph the cat wrote:
This is the big thing

The columns are players' reads and the rows are reads of players. At the far right are totals of town and scum reads per player.

I went through all the ISOs Sunday night to start this and have tried to update as updated reads hit the thread, and in some cases, kinda guessed whether something you said about another player was a town, null, or scum read. If the cell is blank, I didn't think you expressed a read, or I couldn't figure out what kind of read it was (looking at you, Bell).

Let me know if your actual read on someone differs and I'll post an update.
I feel like scum always make these posts.
Im a dog that quacks
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Guillotina »

I'm sorting the low posters ISO first because they are easy, I can do the hell ones later.
White Fire
White Fire
Goon
White Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by White Fire »

we need a town leader to step up. this ircher wagon is trash.
someone gather the masses and lead us to a glorious wagon.

i would do it but i don't have the pull yet until i gain levels and can put more points in charisma
Hydra of Shiro and Firebringer

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”