Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1021, marcistar wrote:bro :dead: :dead:
What made you open up the thread with this?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:22 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1025, Lukewarm wrote:
it felt weird that i got in before anyone else :oops:

:? im so confused on whos scum tbh! r u sure ur not it bestie? :shifty:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1026, marcistar wrote:
In post 1025, Lukewarm wrote:
it felt weird that i got in before anyone else :oops:

:? im so confused on whos scum tbh! r u sure ur not it bestie? :shifty:
Im sure. I was confused for a second, because Not_Mafia was obviously going to be killed, so I was like "what is she reacting to"

Turns out it was being first in the thread lol
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Marci, if you had to decide the vote today, who would you eliminate?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1028, GuiltyLion wrote:Marci, if you had to decide the vote today, who would you eliminate?
I know this was not directed at me, but I am gonna answer anyways!

I would eliminate hopkirk because I hate the idea of us both going to elo. Both because I am pretty sure that I will confirm bias myself into voting him, and because I am pretty sure he will be able to convince the other person to vote me over him, so if he is town we lose and if he is scum we lose.

But I also know that no one wants to follow me there, so I guess Vanders.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:27 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1028, GuiltyLion wrote:Marci, if you had to decide the vote today, who would you eliminate?
imma be honest with u chief,
vanderscamp/u is it imo..

so i would prob do vanderscamp today and then u tmmrw if hes not it.. because u make me confused :? so save u for later.
but also... theres a doubt in the back of my mind about my bestie lukewarm still, but like we'll see i think.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Hopkirk »

i think Luke is playing too dumb to be scum at this point

VOTE: Vanders
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Lukewarm »

VOTE: Vanders
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Vanders - can you towncase luke since i think you had him as your 2nd strongest TR
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 987, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 982, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 981, Hopkirk wrote:nah, i asked if
you
thought you were playing differently. i've asked that a bunch of times in the past, there it was with intent to bear in mind your response
This is false.
In post 356, Hopkirk wrote:
lukewarm seems really really different to all of his other games
. what's up with that luke?
You did not ask me if I thought I was playing differently, you accused me of being "really really different"
No comment here?
Hopkirk, did you ever respond to this?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Hopkirk »

probably not. i ignored 90% of what you posted about me yesterday.
that would be me phrasing the question in an intentionally aggressive way. still asking the same question, but you can't respond 'no' without elaborating which makes it more useful than just asking 'are you playing differently'
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1030, marcistar wrote:
imma be honest with u chief,
vanderscamp/u is it imo..

so i would prob do vanderscamp today and then u tmmrw if hes not it.. because u make me confused :? so save u for later.
but also... theres a doubt in the back of my mind about my bestie lukewarm still, but like we'll see i think.
No worries, this is a fair response / what I'd expect from you as either alignment tbh. I still sorta think you're town but also find you confusing (especially when I put the pool spec back into the mix, I just don't see Bingle throwing a newbie partner in 6p the more I weigh that), but if Vanders flipped town it'd prob be a 1v1 between us cause I agree on Luke/Hop town.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 1033, Hopkirk wrote:@Vanders - can you towncase luke since i think you had him as your 2nd strongest TR
Yeah, I think his eod reactions around bingle were very towny.
I think his response to the extended accusation against him seemed pretty genuine too.

I think you and lukewarm both had much better interactions with Bingle than GL and Marci, who imo really have very little going for them regarding their in thread interactions with bingle, so I'd kill them both and feel pretty happy about it.

My biggest reason to not kill those two would be if I decided that GL was too towny, I do think he has seemed pretty towny once I took a step back from just looking at him push on me nonstop because he's putting in a lot more effort than I think would be necessary as scum on someone who I don't think is the most obvious push for him either. I could still be overestimating how good I look from pushing bingle but I think he could have easily just gone against Dunn instead.

I want to kill VOTE: marci because I think she has not been towny pretty much at any point this entire game, apart from her vote on bingle which did not come with a ton of associated pressure, and the logic about the pool setups on bingle's behalf, I don't have any reasons to think she's town and I don't think there's any way I would not use one of our two kills on her.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I think it's extremely likely I die here given who's currently voting me, if I do die I'd kill Marci in final three but I don't feel super confident on that.

Please make everyone who kills me here actually justify their reason for voting me, I still think I should be pretty obviously town given how hard I pushed on bingle D1. I think there's no chance he would have actually died without me both pushing on him as scummy and pushing back on the notion of killing into the small pool being a bad idea.
GL said something earlier about me being in a bad spot when I was pushing bingle but I was pushing both of these things before I got any votes D1. It's imo not good enough to vote me here as a sheep, we have two kills and I don't think I should be one of them.
I know I'm alienating the two people who are not currently voting me by saying this but I don't think my bingle push is worth less than anything Marci or GL have done this game.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

maaaan I haaaate this gamestate

all three of {marci, vanders, GL} are gonna say/have said to elim the other two and it's really hard for me to tell whether marci/vanders are being disingenuous here because it's exactly what they likely would be saying as either alignment, and I'm struggling to figure out a way to solve in the two because it's a solo scum remaining and neither is notably poor as scum from what I can tell.

I do think Vanders' associatives with Bingle's are better than marci's, the main reason I was locked on him D2 is because I think his were almost
too
good and therefore more likely to be manufactured. But at the same time I can't help but feel marci was certainly more reluctant to vote Bingle, and Bingle also seemed more willing to vote Vanders than marci.

it gives me this uneasy feeling that something is terribly wrong with this game
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

the towniest post in isolation from marci is probably because it reads a lot more "last will" rather than "don't kill me", but at the same time I could see a competent scum writing that post, and it does feel like it
could
be set up to chain multiple miseliminations, the main problem is I can see town in her spot reasoning the exact same way

Dunn wanted marci so I do feel some responsibility to honor that as well
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 931, marcistar wrote:i think dunnstrals more likely to be town than not. yeah hes inactive, but nothing hes done is really eyebrow raising. so i wouldn't really look at him.
this still remains a really weird read
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1039, GuiltyLion wrote:it gives me this uneasy feeling that something is terribly wrong with this game
Oh look, the reason why I like my hopkirk case.

I still think that bingle purposefully tanked his hopkirk push with post , and I am just asking myself why.

I do not think that Bingle tanking himself helped either you or Marci (or me for that matter) in any way.

However, at the time that he did it, you, marci and norwee were all on the Vanders wagon, and me and Dunn were both pushing for hopkirk.
Spoiler:
for completeness, Not_Mafia, hopkirk, and Vanders were all on Bingle, so tanking himself would not have been because of them/spoiler]
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1007, marcistar wrote:
In post 986, Lukewarm wrote:I think that one of us absolutely needs to go. Me and you both making it to Elo sounds like a nightmare for town tbh.
i think u rlly need to like... do sumn else for a bit and come back with a fresher pair of eyes.
if ur both town this will lead to failure probs.
This is also kinda weird, I don't see how Lukewarm-Hopkirk both being town leads to failure at this juncture

like the failure state for town!marci has to be that she gets eliminated and the wrong one in Vanders/GL gets eliminated, right? I don't think either scum!GL or scum!Vanders have put themselves in a position to capitalize on Lukewarm-Hop TvT
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 1041, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 931, marcistar wrote:i think dunnstrals more likely to be town than not. yeah hes inactive, but nothing hes done is really eyebrow raising. so i wouldn't really look at him.
this still remains a really weird read
what can i do when my vibes say it isnt him :cry: i didnt want him elimed ;-;
In post 1043, GuiltyLion wrote:like the failure state for town!marci has to be that she gets eliminated and the wrong one in Vanders/GL gets eliminated, right? I don't think either scum!GL or scum!Vanders have put themselves in a position to capitalize on Lukewarm-Hop TvT
:cry: hes gonna tunnel on him and i dont want that
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1043, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1007, marcistar wrote:
In post 986, Lukewarm wrote:I think that one of us absolutely needs to go. Me and you both making it to Elo sounds like a nightmare for town tbh.
i think u rlly need to like... do sumn else for a bit and come back with a fresher pair of eyes.
if ur both town this will lead to failure probs.
This is also kinda weird, I don't see how Lukewarm-Hopkirk both being town leads to failure at this juncture

like the failure state for town!marci has to be that she gets eliminated and the wrong one in Vanders/GL gets eliminated, right? I don't think either scum!GL or scum!Vanders have put themselves in a position to capitalize on Lukewarm-Hop TvT
Funny enough, this exact quote you grabbed is what pulled me back to "Marci is town."

I literally outlined how scum could win this game - leave me and hopkirk for the Elo, and win when I vote hopkirk.

Several people said that they did not think hopkirk was scum, but Marci took the extra step of trying to talk me out of tunneling on Hopkirk, both here and in the neighborhood chat.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

UNVOTE: Vanders
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1046, Hopkirk wrote:UNVOTE: Vanders
UNVOTE: Vanders

What we thinking about here boss?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Marci's last few posts pinged me a bit (plus the TR on Dunn that GL quoted, it's kind of weird to be both confused that you're townreading too many people + townreading neutralish Dunn who I'd expect to be in the POE there). i should probably have another looked through her posts

either way i think (Marci/Vanders) contains the last scum and betting the game on GL/Luke town seems reasonable
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 1039, GuiltyLion wrote:maaaan I haaaate this gamestate

all three of {marci, vanders, GL} are gonna say/have said to elim the other two and it's really hard for me to tell whether marci/vanders are being disingenuous here because it's exactly what they likely would be saying as either alignment, and I'm struggling to figure out a way to solve in the two because it's a solo scum remaining and neither is notably poor as scum from what I can tell.

I do think Vanders' associatives with Bingle's are better than marci's, the main reason I was locked on him D2 is because I think his were almost
too
good and therefore more likely to be manufactured. But at the same time I can't help but feel marci was certainly more reluctant to vote Bingle, and Bingle also seemed more willing to vote Vanders than marci.

it gives me this uneasy feeling that something is terribly wrong with this game
I definitely think there's a nonzero chance that either Luke or hopkirk is scum, I don't think either of them is lock town.
I just played a game with hopkirk where a lot of the thread was pretty scummy, and hopkirk was sort of chilling and being aggressively null the entire time, but never really on anyone's radar because there were scummier people, so it wouldn't blow my mind if something similar is happening.

I do think this game is different because in that game he really had no good reactions regarding his partner (I'm not including his vote as a "good interaction") whereas here he does.

Since I do think you are towny I'm more happy with a "vote Marci and then evaluate" plan than just wanting to kill you both in either order, I'd be pretty unhappy with killing you today even if I somehow knew I wouldn't get killed tomorrow because Marci is someone who I don't feel super good about being scum, but she's just given me really no reason to actually read anything she's done this game as towny so it's going to be pretty hard to not kill her in a final three.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”