White Fire
White Fire
Goon
White Fire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by White Fire »

man i don't vibe with almost anyone in this game.
Hydra of Shiro and Firebringer
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 2620, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2611, morph the cat wrote:His play is suicidal if scum, and I like some of the stances that have wafted through the overpowering cloud of Axe, which has been happening more regularly over the last 48 hours or so.
What about the Flea stance though? Like, maybe there's more to that read than a bullshit TMI accusation, but he's really not helping make that clear.
What's bullshit about the TMI accusation?
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 2625, White Fire wrote:man i don't vibe with almost anyone in this game.
That's pretty weird for you
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2619, Bell wrote:I'm Aware, I'm using context to respond to why it bothered *me* when I thought Cabd did it because that's what guilotina asked.
He didn't ask why it bothered me that FF did it.
Then I will!

Why does my keeping a spreadsheet bother you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2626, Sigmund wrote:What's bullshit about the TMI accusation?
It's based on a literal reading of the post, when it makes no sense for Flea as any alignment to mean that at face value, and it makes perfect sense for it to be a turn of phrase that was misinterpreted.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 2629, Something_Smart wrote:It's based on a literal reading of the post, when it makes no sense for Flea as any alignment to mean that at face value, and it makes perfect sense for it to be a turn of phrase that was misinterpreted.
You don't think it's possible flea just slipped?
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Sigmund »

Obviously it doesn't make sense for scum!flea to intentionally slip that I'm town.

but why can't scum!Flea accidentally slip I'm town?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2618, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2609, Bell wrote:S_S is moving into my town reads, but I can't tell if he's a poor facsimile of his town playstyle or this is just him.
Ouch, but also fair.

Is there anything in particular that you don't feel is typical for town-me? Because I feel like pretty much all of this has been, though of course you can't know that for sure.
Well, you started out by dropping a reads list which I'm not familiar with you doing outside of some circumstances, though I understand play evolves. But it did raise my eyebrows that you started there.
Sometimes I just see you troubleshooting and I'm not sure if you're picking your battles with laser precision. Which is where the idea of you copying your town playstyle comes from.
It's one of those, "is he serious, or is he just asking questions that are a little less focused and seemingly less constructive than I might expect?"

Or something like that. My brain is fried from work and I can't articulate myself well, or rather, I keep half assing and "good enoughing" my meanings when I really need to be more precise.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Chara »

maybe i shouldn't be saying this to someone named Sigmund, but i generally don't take advice from Freud.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Sigmund »

your argument is based on what "makes sense" for scum!flea to do,

why can't scum!flea just mess up and make a mistake?
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 2632, Bell wrote:Well, you started out by dropping a reads list which I'm not familiar with you doing outside of some circumstances, though I understand play evolves. But it did raise my eyebrows that you started there.
Sometimes I just see you troubleshooting and I'm not sure if you're picking your battles with laser precision. Which is where the idea of you copying your town playstyle comes from.
It's one of those, "is he serious, or is he just asking questions that are a little less focused and seemingly less constructive than I might expect?"

Or something like that. My brain is fried from work and I can't articulate myself well, or rather, I keep half assing and "good enoughing" my meanings when I really need to be more precise.
yea I don't remember SS getting this involved in pushing on D1 in any other games

you getting coached or some shit buddy?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2628, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2619, Bell wrote:I'm Aware, I'm using context to respond to why it bothered *me* when I thought Cabd did it because that's what guilotina asked.
Then I will!

Because I'm worried you're doing it to keep yourself busy because it hurts to be here.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Sigmund »

Bell they got like 371 posts

I'm sure this thread has enough of Morph the Wonder Cat
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:19 pm

In post 2630, Sigmund wrote:You don't think it's possible flea just slipped?
I mean, it's possible, but highly unlikely. I don't know how Flea would get it in faer head to be talking about the relative towniness of
town
players specifically, and not realize that that's obviously not something to post about in the main thread.

Like I don't understand the scum thought process that would lead faer to want to say something like that in the first place. Especially since the sentence (taken at face value) is hard enough to parse that it would have required some thought to compose.

In my experience, almost everything that people think is a slip isn't.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Chara »

Freudian slips aren't a thing, and as for Flea's post, fae was making a statement based off of the phrase "towniest town", and saying Sigmund was not the towniest town, which is not the same thing as saying Sigmund was not the towniest but he is town, and instead makes more sense to me to be read as a simple negation of the claim that Sigmund was "towniest town."

all that said, dislike of those semantic slips aside, i agree Flea is a good vote.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Sigmund »

explain why it's "highly unlikely"
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Bell »

Opps, that could be misconstrued. I mean that you rolled scum and you're avoiding the game some through that kind of tracking.

Not IRL stuff.

@Sigmund, I dunno how many of those posts are from Cabd and how many are from FF because they intentionally hide it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:21 pm

In post 2632, Bell wrote:Well, you started out by dropping a reads list which I'm not familiar with you doing outside of some circumstances, though I understand play evolves. But it did raise my eyebrows that you started there.
I made the read list because someone asked me for a scumread and I said I couldn't give one, so it occurred to me that I should probably share the reads I did have.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Bell »

I wanna be clear that I am town reading Morph though, they're one of my stronger town reads this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:21 pm

In post 2635, Sigmund wrote:yea I don't remember SS getting this involved in pushing on D1 in any other games
I'm pushing? That's news to me.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2636, Bell wrote:
In post 2628, morph the cat wrote:
Then I will!

Because I'm worried you're doing it to keep yourself busy because it hurts to be here.
I stayed up to 2 am instead of sleeping a couple nights ago putting it together and poring through isos to find stated and implicit reads.

It's kind of the opposite of doing something besides be in the game thread.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Sigmund »

Flea is not a "careful player"

Flea plays emotionally and more or less off the cuff.

In fact there was a large theme game where Flea claimed to have gone to a room that did not exist on the ship.

That "Slip" broke the game open and ended up resulting in a lolstomp townwin.

Bell and Shea should be familiar with this incident.

So stop with this "it's highly unlikely flea slips" nonsense.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 2644, Something_Smart wrote:I'm pushing? That's news to me.
Are you going to deny you are pushing me ?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:25 pm

In post 2640, Sigmund wrote:explain why it's "highly unlikely"
For it to be a slip, Flea would have to come up with an idea of what to say, and then say that thing without realizing that it revealed extra information.

If it was meant at face value, the thing Flea would be trying to say was "you are not the towniest town player in this game." Why would fae come up with that rather than "you are not the towniest player in this game"? Why exclude scum players specifically?

And, I'm struggling to remember any time when a actually scum TMI slipped another player as town, but I've seen plenty of accusations of it. So even just statistically it's unlikely.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:27 pm

In post 2647, Sigmund wrote:Are you going to deny you are pushing me ?
I'm not pushing you. (Or at least, I didn't intend to give off that impression.)

I'm arguing against townreads on you, but that's not the same thing. I don't think you deserve to be townread for your playstyle because I feel like it's an alt persona and not selected specifically for this game. How accurate would you say that is?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”