Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:19 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm trying hard to remember to replace "Lynch" with literally any other word, and still forgetting since it's so ingrained in my Mafia vocabulary.
Artemiana
Artemiana
Goon
Artemiana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:20 pm

Post by Artemiana »

VOTE: morph the cat
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2721, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Bingle, what about Anya?
I vaguely remember her buddying me, which she did as town in a few marathons, but that's incredibly NAI because said marathons were literally concurrent with the buddying. Can't rightly recall anything else she's done all game. She was firmly in my don't really want to lim because I don't know what that means about literally anyone else.

If you build the wagon, I'll jump ship to it over no lim, but I think either way the Siggy lim gives us more to go on.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2723, Bingle wrote:
In post 2558, Chara wrote:uhhhh, Bingle voted Ircher. where is Bingle? Bingle come in here and get the wagons going in the right direction, this ain't my job lmao.
Gross AF, but fine.

tl;dr: None of Ircher's posts seem town. jjh's 49, 50, 71, 72, and 99 are all actively scummy. Ircher tried to wave that off with "jjh not being around is null because he didn't have time to play" when that was A: not the point of the read and B: actually probably not the case. (JJH's rep out is 100% NAI FMPOV).

It's not a strong case. It's actually a pretty shit one, tbh. But in lieu of strong lim options I think it's a fine wagon.
Then let's at least get Ircher to claim while we have time to work out a backup prospect.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2724, Sigmund wrote:
In post 2716, Bingle wrote:Apparently he believed this was a slip in confirming himself but didn't vote Flea over it until pages later. Sounds like scum letting a really dumb T/T happen to me tbh.
oh no

I forgot to vote flea right away and instead voted flea 1 hour later

what a massive massive scum slip bingle

:yawn:
Why is responding to you using your own words a slip?
Artemiana
Artemiana
Goon
Artemiana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by Artemiana »

In post 2703, Guillotina wrote:Flea posted "Sigmund you are FAR from the towniest town in this game. we have many holding that title above you."
Faer has said this before as town, i believe it has been said before in DBZ

pedit: i dont think i would mind an anya wagon if it gets enough traction.

Normally i think they are a larger presence within a game. It's worrisome that im forgetting about her
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:24 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2726, Artemiana wrote:VOTE: morph the cat
I don't entirely disagree with the sentiment, but I don't think it's happening today.
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 2625, White Fire wrote:man i don't vibe with almost anyone in this game.
is that bc most people are city dwellers and you lurk down in the sewers
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 2703, Guillotina wrote:
In post 2653, Chara wrote:if Flea flips scum i'm still going to argue that wasn't a slip. it's not about being careful or not being careful, it's about how language works.

also, this sort of thing seems in character for SS to spend time on and care about. or i'm just thinking that because i also care immensely even though it functionally doesn't matter because i do think Flea is scummy, just not for
this
thing, and it bothers me that Sigmund is
disagreeing
with me on the
internet.
It's a psychological slip. This has nothing to do with language.

Flea posted "Sigmund you are FAR from the towniest town in this game. we have many holding that title above you."

If Flea is scum with TMI, they did the following:

1) They sought to create more fire between me and Sigmund. It is clearly a subtle instigation.
2) They also sought to pocket me by selling me the illusion that they agreed with my read and are pushing Sigmund with me to support it.
3) They psychologically acknowledged and confirmed that Sigmund was town.
4) They also acknowledge that he was a town aligned player that was playing anti town.
5) They acknowledged that there are other towns more townie than Sigmund.

My only regret in my reaction was not asking Flea who are the townier players than Sigmund.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Who ever said that Flea's posting content has diminished as the day has progressed, have you also considered that fae is having a bit of an episode this week, and it might likely be a contributing factor?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2725, Toogeloo wrote:I'm trying hard to remember to replace "Lynch" with literally any other word, and still forgetting since it's so ingrained in my Mafia vocabulary.
I feel you friend. I've taken to "Yeet" or "Eliminate" as best as I can.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Artemiana
Artemiana
Goon
Artemiana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by Artemiana »

In post 2725, Toogeloo wrote:I'm trying hard to remember to replace "Lynch" with literally any other word, and still forgetting since it's so ingrained in my Mafia vocabulary.
Faer doesnt do a whole lot of big planning, and that on a whim is super big brain
Artemiana
Artemiana
Goon
Artemiana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by Artemiana »

In post 2734, Toogeloo wrote:Who ever said that Flea's posting content has diminished as the day has progressed, have you also considered that fae is having a bit of an episode this week, and it might likely be a contributing factor?
This is legit

Also holiday weekend
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 2716, Bingle wrote:Apparently he believed this was a slip in confirming himself but didn't vote Flea over it until pages later. Sounds like scum letting a really dumb T/T happen to me tbh.
I didn't call out Flea for the slip.

Guillo called out Flea for the slip.

I said it was cool to be conftowned by a TMI slip but I had to actually think about the slip and re-read it a few times before I understood wtf guillo was talking about.

I voted Flea ~1 hour later cuz I had to think about it also I have shit going on IRL too.
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Anya »

the confirmed bingles gave the badge of approval for ircher votes ages ago and still is yet collecting them is harder than finding diamonds in a coal mine
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I will vote for any of my town reads if it secures an elimination. I probably won't be happy about it, and might in an "I told you so," if it goes sideways.

But I'm perfectly willing to sheep Jingle if it means we don't end the day on a no elim.

VOTE: Ircher

I think that regardless of the vote count though, Ircher, Sigmund, and Flea all might need to claim.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:47 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2735, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I feel you friend. I've taken to "Yeet" or "Eliminate" as best as I can.
As time goes by it's easier and easier to remember. I definitely almost posted the OP for a game without term replacing not long ago because I was copying an old setup and it slipped my mind, though. Best thing to do with slip ups is own it and move on.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Bingle »

It's kind of weird that people are willing to sheep my weak case on Ircher based on it being where I was voting now that I've moved on to pushing Sigmund who has more votes, tbh.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by Bingle »

@Sigmund:
In post 2717, Bingle wrote:Full progression, for context:

In post 2204, Sigmund wrote:
4. nah cuz you're literally scumreading the
towniest townie
in this game.

In post 2206, Flea The Magician wrote:
Sigmund you are FAR from the towniest town in this game. we have many holding that title above you.

In post 2207, Sigmund wrote:
whatever i'm still a townie
In post 2210, Guillotina wrote:
In post 2206, Flea The Magician wrote:
Sigmund you are FAR from the towniest town in this game. we have many holding that title above you.

VOTE: Flea

Explain why he is not the towniest town Flea?

Notice that this is less than ten posts in 6 minutes.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by Sigmund »

is there a question in there?
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 2742, Bingle wrote:It's kind of weird that people are willing to sheep my weak case on Ircher based on it being where I was voting now that I've moved on to pushing Sigmund who has more votes, tbh.
sigmund's a lot more active and looks like he's being shoved for his account gimmick more than anything else though your reason makes more sense

ircher isn't free range
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2744, Sigmund wrote:is there a question in there?
Why is repeating your own words back at you a slip?

Why do you suddenly trust Guillotina's reads when the beginning of said slip was you literally mocking him over "scum reading the towniest townie"?

Why don't I think you genuinely attempted to suss out whether Flea was scumslipping given that you apparently missed that entire bit of context?

Why is it scummy that you would be hiding behind "But G thinks Flea TMI'd on me" as a reason to be townread?

Take your pick.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:06 pm

Post by Sigmund »

1. Because it adopts my mindframe - I know i'm townie, flea doesn't

2. I don't trust Guillo's reads, that's why I had to think about what Guillo was talking about and work it out for myself.

3. A slip happens in the moment, I'm not going to get Flea to admit it was a scumslip, I didn't even understand flea slipped until after Guillo pointed it out

4. I don't understand this question. wtf r you even asking me here?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:35 pm

Post by Bingle »

1. It inherently doesn't though. It says, quite simply, that your claim to be the towniest town in the thread is wrong.
2 and 3 have a bit of obvious dissonance, in that you had to think about what the sequence of events was and also didn't consider that Flea was simply responding to the statement "I am A" with the statement "You are not A." I don't think spending an hour thinking about that and then missing it entirely is likely.
4. It's a rhetorical question designed to point out that there is a very clear scum motivation in letting the conversation die out a little bit and then bringing up "Hey, everyone, Player A said Player B scumslipped by calling me town!" It introduces the thought that you're town into people's minds, gets people to scumread Flea (who is almost certainly not your scumbuddy atp), and makes G look bad on a Flea townflip. You know, G, the guy who has been pushing you as scum since forever ago?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:39 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2740, Toogeloo wrote:I think that regardless of the vote count though, Ircher, Sigmund, and Flea all might need to claim.
I think that given what I know of the setup and given what I know of unwnd, forcing claims might be a useless rabbit hole to traverse. I'd be comfortable treating this game entirely like a smalltown, where we just ignore roleclaims.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”