Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 224, Raya36 wrote:I'm getting a slight scumread on T3. I do think Major is much scummier though. I just don't want him at E-1 yet.

VOTE: T3
Rayna had felt towny prior to this, but I don't get why the whole not putting someone at E-1 thing. I don't think there's any real danger of hammer at this point of the day, and it just feels weird that they are voting avoiding voting the main slot that they are pushing
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Current top TRs for me are Flea/Umlaut. I'm gonna be V/LA for the weekend due to hosting visitors, but have booked a day's leave on Monday, so will have plenty of capacity to catch up then. Don't have too much fun in my absence :P
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE COUNT 1.7
Major Minor (3, E-2!):
Umlaut, InsidiousLemons, Flea The Magician

osuka (1):
Marky Mark
T3 (1):
Raya36
Raya36 (1):
Enchant
Enchant (1):
Major Minor
Flea The Magician (0):

InsidiousLemons (0):

Marky Mark (0):

Umlaut (0):

Not Voting (2):
osuka, T3

With
votes in play, it takes
of them to yeet somebody.
At deadline, Major Minor shall be yeeted.

(expired on 2021-06-14 09:25:00) remain in the day.

Mod Notes
:
- Korina is V/LA on weekends. Please direct questions at that time to my Discord (Korina#0359)
- Maruchan is my co-mod.
- E

Pronoun KeyKorina - They/Them
Maruchan - She/Her
Flea The Magician - Fae/Faer or They/Them
Raya36 - She/Her
Enchant - Please set preferred pronouns in user control panel.
Major Minor - He/Him
Marky Marky - He/Him
T3 - He/Him
Umlaut - He/Him
osuka - He/Him
InsidiousLemons - Any Pronouns
Last edited by Korina on Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:37 am

Post by T3 »

Majors point about Enchant does seem towny but I do tend to gut tr people who post longer posts so idk.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 248, Enchant wrote:VOTE: Raya

This is cult.
elaborate for me <3
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:51 am

Because I missed it and don't know who said it...

TPRs open this game with more information than scum do.
Scum have 3 possible setups to work out, TPR have 2.
Town Friendly Neighbours are an exception, they know what we're up against, just not what their complimenting power is.

Osuka, who do we yeet and why?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 254, Flea The Magician wrote:

This is cult.
elaborate for me <3
random.org never lies

Unless bad luck.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:35 am

day pass revoked.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:40 am

Post by T3 »

In post 256, Enchant wrote:

This is cult.
elaborate for me <3
random.org never lies

Unless bad luck.
??...….… Why
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Enchant »

Why not
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:45 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: Enchat
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:30 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

In post 174, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 169, Major Minor wrote:
In post 162, InsidiousLemons wrote:same question to you, major -- what makes flea's accusation/rvs breaker so wild?
It just seems like doing that to a buddy is a high risk low reward play given this setup, and Flea seems competent/smart enough not to make it.
how is pushing a delayed role PM confirmation on page 1 high risk? i don't see how that play is any more likely to be a soft-bus than it is to be an attempt at distancing, and i don't think either of those possibilities would seem as likely (even from a neutral perspective) as flea just genuinely trying to get us out of RVS.
still waiting on a response to this @major. isn't a bad post -- i too wonder why you would think it would count against you.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:33 am

This is cult.
elaborate for me <3
random.org never lies

Unless bad luck.
what motivated you to make this post? this variety of openly bad voting doesn't even feel particularly scummy because i don't know what scum gains from it either. it's just weird. what is your strategy here?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:40 am

In post 233, osuka wrote:
In post 196, Marky Mark wrote:After some deliberation

VOTE: osuka

I'm pretty wary of
MM
Major Minor and could happily vote there after they tried to shade me hard for singling them out and then had to invent some less-active slots when called out on their accusation.

That being said, Osuka's just feels very slimy and more likely to have been made in bad faith

--pedit lol Flea ref setup A

--pedit I totally hadn't twigged about the whole MM thing. Post updated.
so your case on me is 152? the post where i nudged you?

if the wiki ever needs an example of omgus, feel free to point here
to be fair 152 was a shitty push and calling mark's response to it omgus feels kinda disingenuous. you're twisting mark's words to make it sound like a logical inconsistency when it's quite obvious (at least to me) that he was pushing the question and the followup together as "all the slot has done", rather than just the followup. fwiw, i didn't think was a very good post either, but the way major reacted to mark's push made me suspicious. and are improvements from what came before. do you have any thoughts on any of his responses?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:48 am

@osuka to clarify my last post, i'm asking for your opinions on major's responses both to the initial pressure and mark's followups.
In post 245, Marky Mark wrote:From your description of your thought process above, you more had a "fuzzy" awareness that there were other slots that had contributed less, rather than specific slots in mind (please correct me if you think I'm misrepping here). That being the case, it feels scummy that you tried to shade me over singling you out, without actually confirming your suspicions first to see if I actually was.
but you
did
single out major. are the posts below not specific callouts of his behaviour? if i were the subject of these posts, i wouldn't feel the need to confirm my suspicions before defending myself.
In post 101, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 93, Major Minor wrote:
In post 77, Flea The Magician wrote:Anyone else is ??? and needs to do something.
You could start by answering my post addressed to you!
Am lowkey sus of this slot - posts in the thread to refute criticism but doesn't add anything about the wider game or ask any new questions.
In post 130, Marky Mark wrote:there's nothing wrong with following up on a question (in fact, it's actually towny), but when that is literally all the slot had done at that point it feels like hiding in plain sight
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:53 am

In post 244, Raya36 wrote:
In post 237, osuka wrote:@raya talk to me: why are you scumreading t3? because he hard lurks and only posts shit one liners? he does that every game
Normally the content in his one liners are better though. First post could have been an attempt to direct the conversation somewhere that some rolefishing could easily happen. The quick switch from voting Flea to it not being scummy but we still shouldn't dismiss it is jumpy. Saying the Enchant questioning was NAI when it definitely could be read more into. Saying you're town by meta when he doesn't even have town-meta on you. Saying Major chose a convenient wagon when in my opinion it wasn't convenient at all.
i'm inclined to agree with this. t3's posts this game have felt noticeably more jumpy and opportunistic this game than any of the games i've played with town!t3. would you not say so, osuka?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 262, InsidiousLemons wrote:

This is cult.
elaborate for me <3
random.org never lies

Unless bad luck.
what motivated you to make this post? this variety of openly bad voting doesn't even feel particularly scummy because i don't know what scum gains from it either. it's just weird. what is your strategy here?
Because that's truth, i randomised it.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 250, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 224, Raya36 wrote:I'm getting a slight scumread on T3. I do think Major is much scummier though. I just don't want him at E-1 yet.

VOTE: T3
Rayna had felt towny prior to this, but I don't get why the whole not putting someone at E-1 thing. I don't think there's any real danger of hammer at this point of the day, and it just feels weird that they are voting avoiding voting the main slot that they are pushing
I just don't like putting people at E-1 early to be safe and also sometimes people claim at E-1 which isn't what I'm interested in
In post 265, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 244, Raya36 wrote:
In post 237, osuka wrote:@raya talk to me: why are you scumreading t3? because he hard lurks and only posts shit one liners? he does that every game
Normally the content in his one liners are better though. First post could have been an attempt to direct the conversation somewhere that some rolefishing could easily happen. The quick switch from voting Flea to it not being scummy but we still shouldn't dismiss it is jumpy. Saying the Enchant questioning was NAI when it definitely could be read more into. Saying you're town by meta when he doesn't even have town-meta on you. Saying Major chose a convenient wagon when in my opinion it wasn't convenient at all.
i'm inclined to agree with this. t3's posts this game have felt noticeably more jumpy and opportunistic this game than any of the games i've played with town!t3. would you not say so, osuka?
The townread on Major was very fence-sitty. The "why" and vote on Enchant didn't really catch my interest either. I can only assume Enchant is just joking around a bit. I don't see the random.org vote on me to be particularly bad on it's own. I'm actually starting to be more interested in T3 than Major now so consider my vote being where I actually want it now

I'll come back with more thoughts on other slots later this weekend. I just got my vaccine and I'm tired
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:54 pm

okay, fine. how do you hope to advance towards a gamesolve with a vote that you randomized? it seems like the point you're trying to make is that attempting to scumhunt isn't any better than just randomly eliminating someone, which i disagree with. and either way, i don't think it's helpful to pointedly refuse to attempt to produce reads when presented with the valid observation that you've been "playing around the game" rather than actually playing the game.

p-edit @
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 268, InsidiousLemons wrote:okay, fine. how do you hope to advance towards a gamesolve with a vote that you randomized? it seems like the point you're trying to make is that attempting to scumhunt isn't any better than just randomly eliminating someone, which i disagree with. and either way, i don't think it's helpful to pointedly refuse to attempt to produce reads when presented with the valid observation that you've been "playing around the game" rather than actually playing the game.

p-edit @
Watch people who doesh't understand jokes and jump for that.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Lemons does have a point. If you're going to randomly vote, at least don't announce it was random. The random person may take that vote as pressure and give some sort of reaction. You could have pressed me a bit then dropped the random.org thing. Best of both worlds
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:11 pm

In post 247, Enchant wrote:Major gain wagon because of putting moderator and activity issue, have "oh, i don't want to die" and make "OH ENCHANT DOESN'T MAKE READS" while i have in ISO clear names, which persons elim i pretty fine with.
like, maybe it's just the language barrier, but i can't find a single post of yours that seems to indicate you want anyone in particular eliminated today. you don't seem to be pushing anyone with any degree of focus or conviction.

and what's definitely NOT the language barrier is the fact that you were voteparked on flea from RVS right up until you voted for raya, which is another random vote. you have not used your vote to actually apply pressure to anyone in this entire game so far. i would love if you could give us an overview of your reads up to this point.

p-edit jokes don't advance the game. the points i've made in this post still stand
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Enchant »

InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 247, Enchant wrote:Major gain wagon because of putting moderator and activity issue, have "oh, i don't want to die" and make "OH ENCHANT DOESN'T MAKE READS" while i have in ISO clear names, which persons elim i pretty fine with.
like, maybe it's just the language barrier, but i can't find a single post of yours that seems to indicate you want anyone in particular eliminated today. you don't seem to be pushing anyone with any degree of focus or conviction.

and what's definitely NOT the language barrier is the fact that you were voteparked on flea from RVS right up until you voted for raya, which is another random vote. you have not used your vote to actually apply pressure to anyone in this entire game so far. i would love if you could give us an overview of your reads up to this point.

p-edit jokes don't advance the game. the points i've made in this post still stand
I already pointed, osuka and you are main suspects from me, because of likelyhood of distancing.

About reads so far. Don't open or you get heartattack.
Spoiler:
I am bad at this overall, and random having better chances to success than my assumptions. That's reason why i talk about setup, while you yell about something which i cant' undertand. This is not my side. You kinda can't change that.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Kind of think the solve is just {Major Minor, T3}
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 273, Umlaut wrote:Kind of think the solve is just {Major Minor, T3}
Probably right, but I disagree on the T3 part.

Return to “Completed Open Games”