Large Normal 233 | Random videos I liked | Over !

VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:40 am

Post by VFP »

Maybe Rathe and Nom scum theatre to distance here?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:12 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Sweet another outlandish partner theory on d1 lol
what prompted this?
Do you individually scumread rathe?
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:27 am

Post by petapan »

catchin' up now
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:56 am

Post by petapan »

In post 700, T3 wrote:It's more that a 1 town and 1 scum neighborhood sounds weird.
should point out this happens literally all the time

i actually think anya is scummier than kyouko at this point though
In post 720, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 690, petapan wrote:i wouldn't say the posts he quoted are inherently towny in a vacuum but i don't think they're especially bad, at all, and in light of the body of work i don't have a problem with it. if all she'd done was those votes/reads i wouldn't be confidently townreading there, but the strength of the read from
other posts
means it doesn't matter that much.
What are the "other posts?" I quoted its entire ISO except for the mech related posts which I don't find alignment indicative.
i don't think switching from scumreading kyouko to voting anya after kyouko made a post explaining himself is scummy at all, and in fact explicitly dislike dwlee trying to frame it as bad in some way. it's like, someone thinks one thing > someone explains themself > they change their mind. that sequence is probably +town if anything
I typically like to see some sort of explanation for the change. Kyouko wasn't scumreading Anya I don't think (or at least wasn't voting her) so DGB saying "I believe you" and switching to Anya feels like it requires more explanation. Unvoting Kyouko, sure, I can understand that from what Kyouko posted, but why Anya?
"i don't find the mechanical stuff AI" well i do, what are you hoping to accomplish here exactly

liek, that stuff about the latter sequence as well, these feel like questions you should be asking to dgb and not me, seeing as dgb is still a player in the game and is capable of explaining themselves
free crypto
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:03 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm asking you to explain your read. These questions aren't for me to figure out DGB's alignment, it's to figure out yours.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:06 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I just don't understand how it is town-indicative for DGB to do very little except to talk about (what we agree is) anti-town mechanical play, but it is scum-indicative that I disagreed with it and discussed it in the beginning of the game. You accused me of trying to appear busy by talking about it (on page 1 and 2 no less) but you're fine with DGB posting about it in two digit pages and contributing little elsewhere.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:23 am

Post by petapan »

In post 730, Dwlee99 wrote:You know what, I just lost a game to STD so I wanna see where this goes
VOTE: STD
In post 733, Dwlee99 wrote:We lost that game in an interesting way because I would have wanted to get you/Tris/No Lim out in the group of 3 thing, but regardless of that, I think your posting is kind of similar. I can't tell if it's just your playstyle so maybe I should look into your past games (I hate meta but whatever) to see if it's the same, but the way you kinda just pop in do random stuff bothers me. It's the like how I'm baffled by the townread on DGB when it does the same thing.
In post 735, Dwlee99 wrote:I see you make votes and do ~things~ but I feel like I don't have any insight into what you're thinking which makes it hard for me to know if you're evil.
to a certain extent this seems like annoyance at people who aren't saying much getting townread. i don't like the vote but the actual interaction with save the dragons is a little better, but rather than actually prodding him to explain anything it's just saying "you don't explain yourself so i think you might be scum" which is not much of a launching point for anything
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:26 am

Post by petapan »

In post 754, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm asking you to explain your read. These questions aren't for me to figure out DGB's alignment, it's to figure out yours.
In post 755, Dwlee99 wrote:I just don't understand how it is town-indicative for DGB to do very little except to talk about (what we agree is) anti-town mechanical play, but it is scum-indicative that I disagreed with it and discussed it in the beginning of the game. You accused me of trying to appear busy by talking about it (on page 1 and 2 no less) but you're fine with DGB posting about it in two digit pages and contributing little elsewhere.
but the way you phrase this seems like you decidedly don't think dgb should be townread for what it's doing, so why are you apparently totally uninterested in speaking to dgb?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:33 am

Post by petapan »

anyway, the answer is only ever going to boil down to "i've played with dgb before and the things you are claiming are strange amount to playstyle quirks rather than anything alignment indicative". that's unlikely to satisfy you and i absolutely do not give a fuck

on a skim of the noughts and crosses game i actually think save the dragons is qualitatively different here than he was in that game, BUT that is an unusual setup and not nearly as familiar with him based on a small sample so i wouldn't strongly base my read of him off that. do think he's playing the game in a towny way
free crypto
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:43 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 756, petapan wrote: to a certain extent this seems like annoyance at people who aren't saying much getting townread. i don't like the vote but the actual interaction with save the dragons is a little better, but rather than actually prodding him to explain anything it's just saying "you don't explain yourself so i think you might be scum" which is not much of a launching point for anything
I am a very talkative player so yeah. I was hoping STD might explain at least some of their current thoughts in response but I'm beginning to suspect that's not going to happen. Guess I could have been more direct in asking for thoughts on a specific thing.
In post 757, petapan wrote: but the way you phrase this seems like you decidedly don't think dgb should be townread for what it's doing, so why are you apparently totally uninterested in speaking to dgb?
I'm fine with people having a slight townread on DGB, you said your read is much stronger than that. I am decently null on the slot and want to direct my focus. Determining your alignment is infinitely more useful than determining DGB's because you have way more interactions with other people in the game and are going to be here responding.
petapan wrote:anyway, the answer is only ever going to boil down to "i've played with dgb before and the things you are claiming are strange amount to playstyle quirks rather than anything alignment indicative". that's unlikely to satisfy you and i absolutely do not give a fuck
I understand a lot of the strange things are playstyle which is why I'm null-reading it and why I asked you for an explanation of the town-read. If it all comes down to the mech stuff then okay I guess we will just disagree on that.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:51 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I think if Nero is right about TvT Dwlee/peta (he also posits DGB but I disagree) that Dragon of the West makes sense as scum. Just finished a full reread in that frame of mind and realized DotW's catchup only looks like a catchup but seems to just build into a manufactured vote on a popular scumread Peta.

It seems odd to me that nobody, even Peta noticed that the game that he "specifically linked" to DotW had in fact been posted long before a game had been requested in the "Mod Meta" post. DotW cites "cherry picking" as a reason to vote Peta, which is a reason Nero brings up early on to scumread Peta, iirc. I know Nero used the term and I believe newbscum!DotW stole that to manufacture a scumread on Peta.

VOTE: DotW
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:52 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I can get quotes but I'm on mobile atm. Combined iso peta/DotW for.context
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:04 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Right now I would like to lim in [DotW, nomnomnom | DGB | Rathe], won't do Anya, Dunn, Nero toDay. Sidebars indicate degrees of intent.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Sorry all, I have been out of it. Still VLA until tomorrow unfortunately - just recovering from a brutal week IRL.
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:21 am

Post by Anya »

i've lost all passion and energy i think i need a mafia break after this game

VOTE: dragon of the west sheeping my neighbour bc he's town with a good read or is bussing
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:22 am

Post by T3 »

At this point my only big srs and kyo and peta.
pedit: scumslip???!?! VOTE: anya
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:34 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Anya/Kyo have either of you asked Gypyx for the list of people in your neighborhood?
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Anya »

no i'll ask him now
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:51 am

Post by T3 »

Wait nvm I misunderstood the wording
UNVOTE: Anya
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:46 am

Post by Anya »

it's just kyouko and i
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:58 am

Post by osuka »

@mod: vla for ~36 hours from this post

sorry all, i promise to make it up to you nerds

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 760, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I think if Nero is right about TvT Dwlee/peta (he also posits DGB but I disagree) that Dragon of the West makes sense as scum. Just finished a full reread in that frame of mind and realized DotW's catchup only looks like a catchup but seems to just build into a manufactured vote on a popular scumread Peta.

It seems odd to me that nobody, even Peta noticed that the game that he "specifically linked" to DotW had in fact been posted long before a game had been requested in the "Mod Meta" post. DotW cites "cherry picking" as a reason to vote Peta, which is a reason Nero brings up early on to scumread Peta, iirc. I know Nero used the term and I believe newbscum!DotW stole that to manufacture a scumread on Peta.

In post 761, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I can get quotes but I'm on mobile atm. Combined iso peta/DotW for.context
Provide quotes when you can.

Tbh, I didn't realize the game he originally linked me was the one he already linked in his Mod Meta post until he mentioned it. However, my point was he tried using that specific game to rationalize his play this game and that was a game where he played cautious scum...and then used that to say he couldn't be aggressive scum this game. I felt it would've made more sense to show me a game where he had played aggressive town (I'm reading through the aggro town game he later linked atm). Also, if you did read my ISO I made it clear in that I had a scum read on him independent of what I considered him to be cherry picking the game he linked
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:32 am

In post 760, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I think if Nero is right about TvT Dwlee/peta (he also posits DGB but I disagree) that Dragon of the West makes sense as scum. Just finished a full reread in that frame of mind and realized DotW's catchup only looks like a catchup but seems to just build into a manufactured vote on a popular scumread Peta.

The really strange thing about this post to me after reading through your ISO is that you haven't really made a strong claim about Nero and the entirety of your "full reread" that leads to you thinking I'm scum is based on the premise of "if Nero is right about TvT Dwlee/peta"

Also, I'm pretty sure one of my very first posts said I was scumreading peta, well before peta had linked me to anything that I would've called cherry picking
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

let's pretend that ssbm and anya have bubonic plague (yes ppl still get it) and not go near them
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:40 pm

In post 773, Nero Cain wrote:let's pretend that ssbm and anya have bubonic plague (yes ppl still get it) and not go near them
Kyo really seems scummy to me. If Kyo and Anya are the only people in the neighborhood, it could not even be a neighborhood and they could just both be mafia doing some weird gambit. I'm not as strong on Anya but the whole thing between those 2 is weird

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”