Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 2-3

With 7 players alive, it will take 4 votes to eliminate.

Catboi(1): NinjaStore
Orctin (2): unwnd, catboi
Super (1): orctin

Not Voting (3): navigatorv, Super, JamesThenames

The deadline for day two is set at (expired on 2021-06-07 16:54:38)

Last edited by Cabd on Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Super »

In post 398, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 394, JacksonVirgo wrote:I had to deal with a seeming brick wall twice in a row which is spitting ridiculous accusations
Accusations that seem to come from a person you think is scum, not from someone you think is town. Why would you get heated with those?

Man, is this a new meta? Going for vulnerability and self-awareness when caught? It's very hard to engage you when you're agreeing with me and chalking it up as a simple mistake. It's very effective.
egh, I'm a little pestered by Monkey here. you can still get pestered by accusations from people you may scumread, it doesn't mean that you don't have your doubts on their alignment (inb4 everyone comes at me for white knighting Jackson here but I just disagree with Monkey's push here)

what do you mean by "very hard to engage when you agreeing with me and chalking it up as a simple mistake" ? like? is it hard to engage because it's towny and you dislike that you see them as towny but want to keep pushing them? and you're saying it's effective? like is it making your read change on them?

I'm confused as to whether them kinda coming across as towny is annoying you because you might be mafia or because you're town trying to convince yourself your initial read on Jackson is right

hopefully all my rambles are making sense
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Super »

In post 527, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 507, navigatorv wrote:On the one hand, I'm glad we didn't lose any power roles, but on the other I feel bad that both my first and last suspects were town lol
This games me vibes. I don't feel great about the vibes given. Why does this post give me not-Town vibes?

I feel similar about Nav's opening post D2 :(
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Super »

In post 559, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Still, I think Dum and James both feel like they're doing more for the town and I can see an actual scumhunting process in broad daylight. I don't think we should elim here today just yet.
how was Dum doing more for town? (no offence to Dum DUm, but he dropped off pretty much after the gambit he made and I don't see how you'd have a read of him doing anything for town at this point today) like where did Dum scumhunt today?
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Super »

In post 584, humaneatingmonkey wrote:NinjaStore is town

where did this read come from suddenly
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Super »

In post 594, orctin wrote:The whole replacing players makes me nuts as well but seems to be the way here. I was looking at Micc early on and probably Dum paired with him. Then we got James, Johnny and HEM swapped in to replace players and now JV getting replaced - this seems almost like a broken system to me and we not replacing 4 of the 9 people who started the game. But i guess that's mostly my OCD issues but it's like if people dont like the way the game is going for them they just opt out.
I can almost see this coming from mafia being annoyed town pushes sub out cos they get sad :P
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Super »

In post 614, catboi wrote:
In post 612, orctin wrote:But Cat i look enjoy how your suddenly creating a target to draw away the attention your former self JV had on him trying to push to someone else - it's a solid play on your part. I'm sorry to say it doesn't clear the issue others had of looking at a JV elimination. Perhaps you might help the others understand better why is is your not scum. I had read JV myself as town for most of Day 1 - it's more what others have pointed out that have cause me to second guess that original thought. Again, trying to look at things from different angles.
What distinguishes "trying to create a target" versus trying to look for scum? The way you're describing it,
any
attack on someone else on my part is survivalistic in nature, which is complete nonsense - it's using the idea that people were suspicious of JV to preemptively discredit me. I'm simply calling attention to a list I found to be extremely suspect.
Further, if my goal were to survive by pushing someone else, do you think I'd call you in particular out when there were plenty of people who seem to be under more suspicion? The idea doesn't track. I haven't even fully explained my reads yet but I'm sensing an over-defensiveness to this mindset.

How, exactly, do you expect me to "help others understand why I'm not scum"? I am not JacksonVirgo, I have read almost none of their posts, I can't defend their actions and frankly I do not care why people were scumreading them. I have done almost nothing in the game so it's not like I can defend myself in any regard. But that's not important to me. What's important is reading through the game and finding who's scum, and trying to communicate that to the other players. The idea that my first move should be defending myself when I have no means of doing so is completely backwards. I'm going to scumhunt, I'm going to tell people my reads, and then after all I'm going to try to persuade them to see my viewpoint - getting my reads out is ultimately way more important than survival.
really love this post from Catboi and like their push on Orc

I also find it funny that Orc's defensiveness led him to use the "well people were scumreading your slot before so you gotta defend yourself now!!" card (I find scum tends to try and attack sub-ins early on cos they're still getting their footing in the game and appear as weaker/lower hanging)
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Super »

In post 617, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'm down for an orctin wagon
interested by your flip in elims here?

what did you think of catboi's entry? did your read on their slot change?
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Super »

In post 621, humaneatingmonkey wrote:okay catboi. i like where you're getting at. VOTE: orctin
Monkey why are you so agreeable with Jackson's slot now when it felt like you had a pretty solid scumread on them earlier and now that catboi is here you've changed stances?

I have an irking feeling you changed based on catboi's presence in the thread; not because your read changed
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 661, Super wrote:also I just wanna say it's bizarre that there was such a wagon on Micc early on and IMO there was a scum pushing in that direction - also sorry James but I have no idea if you don't want me to spam or if you do want me to spam :P I'm assuming that was a typo and you don't want me spamming but let me at least kinda spam as I'm doing my catchup cos it's hard for me to hold stuff in

I have already written down a lot of notes just for the 5 pages lmao cos I probably overanalyze shit but so far orc/nav are the ones I wanna focus on most - feel weird vibes from (especially nav) BUT that being said I haven't finished reading and a lot has probably happened since then
I was asking you to spam yes.
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Super »

In post 627, orctin wrote:Have to admit - i love how you like to twist words around to make them fit your agenda there.

VOTE: Dum

Yea i've been reading Dum as scum ever since the whole trap post thing. I been allowing others to lead things as i got distracted for a couple days IRL and had lost the vibe of the game so had to reel it back in. You guys want a "put a name up and stick with it approach" - there you go - Dum been top of the scum board for me for most the game, so let's put the cookies where they go and see what lands then.

Seems everyone here is all about you have to be always on someone instead of trying to read the game and all the people, which to me is a bad way to play the game. We're in a game where it's basically he said/she said, no info and everyone just trying to push on someone and gauge their reactions to finding scum. I've played one other game here, and this one there and both games i've seen how it's a push till they break mentality setup which to be honest isn't really a fun style of game so probably my last of these as i just dont enjoy it. Heck if someone makes a joke people try to overread it.

And as i've noted - i had JV town read most the game - but i was open to looking at what others were saying to see if i was incorrect in my thoughts. Am i wrong there, no idea, but i do enjoy seeing the sudden push to flip it to me. Hopefully it helps others with there reads.
hmmm, I don't hate this post (except for the fact Orc is attacking poor innocent Dum Dum here, bless their soul). Orc do you think you've pushed players this game to get a read of them? what are your strongest reads? I guess you scumread my slot the most based on Dum's gambit thing but it hasn't felt like you've pressured them or anyone is particular to get a read on them? what are your thoughts on catboi's entrance/push on you? what about monkey's sudden push on you and follow of jackson's slot (who they had previously just scumread???)?

I can see you being town here mate, only cos I feel you are being a bit genuine in this post and I don't wanna push that aside
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Super »

In post 684, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 661, Super wrote:also I just wanna say it's bizarre that there was such a wagon on Micc early on and IMO there was a scum pushing in that direction - also sorry James but I have no idea if you don't want me to spam or if you do want me to spam :P I'm assuming that was a typo and you don't want me spamming but let me at least kinda spam as I'm doing my catchup cos it's hard for me to hold stuff in

I have already written down a lot of notes just for the 5 pages lmao cos I probably overanalyze shit but so far orc/nav are the ones I wanna focus on most - feel weird vibes from (especially nav) BUT that being said I haven't finished reading and a lot has probably happened since then
I was asking you to spam yes.
well I hope you're happy :P
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 674, Super wrote:
In post 377, JamesTheNames wrote:Admittedly I should stop being really stubborn I'm not helping the game and I don't want to ruin it for Jackson any more than I have.
Jackson and Dum are my priorities, I can't not see them as a duo, at least not right now, I'm also okay with going for a Fizz Raab Elim, but I'm not confident in this.
can you go into why Jackson is your scumread again for me? what are your thoughts on his reaction to you? do you think scum would react in that way?

also why was Dum a priority read of yours? I'm Dum Dum now so you can question my lil butt off all you like 0:)

can you explain why you see Jackson and Dummy as a duo?
I can do yes. (Probably more accurate to say was my scumread)
So during day 1, Jackson said many times that they ere suspicious of my slot and Dum, both of them weren't really genuine reasons, I debunked them and/or tried to. I was very suspicious of them, because they didn't vote Dum. They went on about how important it is to actually vote and apply pressure, but they were leaving it/wasting it on a quiet/afk slot. They didn't vote Dum to apply pressure, not even temporarily when Dum was becoming a focus of attention. This made and makes no sense to me still. Thus I saw them as a duo.
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Super »

In post 687, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 377, JamesTheNames wrote:Admittedly I should stop being really stubborn I'm not helping the game and I don't want to ruin it for Jackson any more than I have.
Jackson and Dum are my priorities, I can't not see them as a duo, at least not right now, I'm also okay with going for a Fizz Raab Elim, but I'm not confident in this.
can you go into why Jackson is your scumread again for me? what are your thoughts on his reaction to you? do you think scum would react in that way?

also why was Dum a priority read of yours? I'm Dum Dum now so you can question my lil butt off all you like 0:)

So during day 1, Jackson said many times that they ere suspicious of my slot and Dum, both of them weren't really genuine reasons, I debunked them and/or tried to. I was very suspicious of them, because they didn't vote Dum. They went on about how important it is to actually vote and apply pressure, but they were leaving it/wasting it on a quiet/afk slot. They didn't vote Dum to apply pressure, not even temporarily when Dum was becoming a focus of attention. This made and makes no sense to me still. Thus I saw them as a duo.
okay, that's fair. do you no longer scumread them? what's your read on catty?

I might reread over this exchange so I can understand it better, I did skim a bit of stuff ngl. so you're saying they didn't vote Dum and you found that odd? but then you said they were leaving/wasting their vote on an afk (I assume you mean Dum here? so were they voting Dum - sorry I should just go look lol)

did they just vote Dum and not question them and it felt weird? I can understand this if this is the case cos if I am going to vote someone I'm gonna pester their butts until I get a better read on them
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Super »

what about your thoughts on Jackson threatening to be elimmed and then being a bit angry/emotional? did it moooove you in any way like it did me? maybe I'm a bit too weak with emotional stuff, I can tell it didn't move Monkey in any way
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 688, Super wrote:
In post 687, JamesTheNames wrote:

okay, that's fair. do you no longer scumread them? what's your read on catty?

I might reread over this exchange so I can understand it better, I did skim a bit of stuff ngl. so you're saying they didn't vote Dum and you found that odd? but then you said they were leaving/wasting their vote on an afk (I assume you mean Dum here? so were they voting Dum - sorry I should just go look lol)

did they just vote Dum and not question them and it felt weird? I can understand this if this is the case cos if I am going to vote someone I'm gonna pester their butts until I get a better read on them
They were hovering a vote on Salsabil, the slot I replaced into, when they were inactive and being replaced, instead of being proactive which they were telling others to do, and pressuring their other "scum" read.
It's more of a lean tha na read now
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 689, Super wrote:what about your thoughts on Jackson threatening to be elimmed and then being a bit angry/emotional? did it moooove you in any way like it did me? maybe I'm a bit too weak with emotional stuff, I can tell it didn't move Monkey in any way
It just made me try to be nicer, didn't really change any read.
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Super »

ANYWAYS I'm basically caught up now and my reads did a bit of a weird flip flop, I don't really have the strongest scumreads and never really do in games (I tend to look for town over anything else and use PoE to navigate my elim-pool)

Jackson is probably my number one townread still based on tone - I realised midway that Catboi actually replaced Jackson which is kinda funny cos gira is gonna genuinely think I'm trying to pocket him when in fact I just townread his pre-slot a fair bit :P oh and I do like Catty's entrance into the game anyways, so it's whatever.

I'm not really sure where to place Monkey, he was my initial first top townread but D2 I'm feeling less confident and his reads have irked me a little bit, I think I need to wait for his reaction to me/his answers to my questions before I can place him. I really did like his D1, and I already quoted some stuff from Monkey I agreed with - it just feels like today they're trying to find a target they can get a wagon on instead of actually trying to find scum (their initial read on Jackson just flipping is what has concerned me the most)

I have good gut vibes about James. I might ISO this slot on its own later but right now I don't have any concerns - I feel bad cos as I'm writing up my reads now I'm having brain fog and barely remember anything about James to comment on lmao, *tries to think* oh, I liked their initial reaction to Navi's D2 entrance because I agree that it felt weird - I also liked a few of their observations but yeah if I say anything else it'd be coming out of my ass, my memory is shite. noting I also had written down gut-town vibes from their previous slot

Orc's an interesting case because I feel like they haven't really done much, especially when it comes to gathering reads or pressuring players. and it feels like they don't really want to do the work into trying to read others. it's interesting that after Catty came in and pressured them that they went to vote Dum (almost in a way to try and move the vote elsewhere?) the only thing that has pestered me here is Monkey's reaction and push on Orc after Catty came in - which has made me less inclined to want an Orc vote atm. I wanna hear more from Orc regardless, I don't necessarily think they're scum - I read them as pretty null tbh

Navi is an odd one too, they're definitely playing hard for a first-timer and saying things I never even thought a first timer would say or know? I don't really understand this person's experience level tbh. I think both their D1 and D2 starter posts are pretty awkward and give me bad vibes. I can see why Catty townreads them but I have slight hesitations on their slot idk :S I probably wouldn't elim them today.... because I can see this slot being town based on a lot of their effort levels. I'm probably going to ISO them at some point too

Ninja? I don't really have much to say about this slot, again another I need to ISO. definitely another null read.

I feel bad cos I did all this rereading with little to no actual scumreads, just vague thoughts. I hate being wrong so I tend to avoid really pushing on something.

I just realised there aren't many players in this game lol, so basically there are 4 townies and 2 are scum in the pool. right now, gun to head, I'd say town to scummiest are:

Catboi (Jackson)
James
Navi/Monkey
Orc
Ninja

I think there could very much likely be a scum in Navi/Monkey, I don't really think they're partnered at this point but I can see one of them being scum based on weird vibes in my stomach on their slots.

I feel bad putting Ninja last but it's because I don't actually remember much of him... I'd probably swap him with Orc actually cos I've read more of Orc than Ninja and haven't felt hella towny vibes from Orc... BUT I also don't feel comfortable about Monkey pushing on Orc @__________@

sorry guys I'm a mess, I think once people start interacting with me and post more I can have a better initial idea of my reads

<3
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

Don't like quote walls to be too big.

Quick thing, ISO?

"it just feels like today they're trying to find a target they can get a wagon on instead of actually trying to find scum"
Do you have any idea why so many people suddenly switch to Jackson? From what I recall, could be wrong of course, I was the only person suspicious of JacksonVirgo day 1, thena ll of a sudden a town is eliminated and Jackson gets all the attention.

"the only thing that has pestered me here is Monkey's reaction and push on Orc after Catty came in - which has made me less inclined to want an Orc vote atm. "
Could you explain what about it pestered you?

"so basically there are 4 townies and 2 are scum in the pool."
Just leaving that one there for Ninja.
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Super »

ISO meaning Isolation - so isolating a player's posts so I can read them as an individual, I wanna do that to a few players

I don't really get your first question, I don't really know who was suddenly switching to Jackson D2, it felt more like Monkey switched their push after Catty arrived. I'm pestered because it felt like Monket had a fairly strong SR on Jackson and then Catty enters and it feels like his read did a 180 without him even explaining it or hinting to the fact he now townreads Catty - yet he outed a blatant post about Ninja being town - I just want Monkey to explain his thought process there
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Super »

not saying that he townreads Catty btw, maybe Monkey is reaction testing or pushing elsewhere for now while Catty gets more time to ease into the game

I just wanna know his thought process on the change up, stuff like that irks me cos it felt like something triggered it and it feels it could gelp in figuring out how I feel about Monkey man
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:56 am

Post by orctin »

In post 685, Super wrote:
hmmm, I don't hate this post (except for the fact Orc is attacking poor innocent Dum Dum here, bless their soul). Orc do you think you've pushed players this game to get a read of them? what are your strongest reads? I guess you scumread my slot the most based on Dum's gambit thing but it hasn't felt like you've pressured them or anyone is particular to get a read on them? what are your thoughts on catboi's entrance/push on you? what about monkey's sudden push on you and follow of jackson's slot (who they had previously just scumread???)
I haven't really Push on people since back when it was Dum and Micc as my scum reads - I believed that micc was scum and the "Trap Play" that Dum did was attempt to pull attention away from micc. What was odd is we have multiple votes on Micc, I offered a chance for him to post in defense, then after a day, and people started pulling votes off i voted for micc as had seen nothing to change my original opinion. I then get called out by Dum for basically voting as i have noted i would the day before but waited. The Death of Johnny (Micc) showed that we were wrong about micc but didn't give me much pause on Dum as i still felt the Trap play of his was poor attempt to make someone look scum.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:04 am

Post by orctin »

Catboi (JV) enterance and HEM's response seemed off - Ninja and Monkey were pushing a JV elim but Cat comes in, and shortly after with the help of James there's a quick change of opinion. Monkey and Ninja had JV as their cum ready for several days, so even a Cat swapping shouldn't change this as the Cat still holds the same alignment as JV did, so what changed?

I had noted in my post where i was looking for Pairs, as their are two scum i felt perhaps we should look at pairing as well, Hem and James were a likely pair because the two of them are not voting together, but do play off each other well, each having their own player they were after or pushing - this is why i said that the two of them would make a good pair.

I had also noted that i see different possible pairs in reading James - Yes if Hem was scum then i can see James as well with him. But I looked at it another way in if James is scum - i can see a couple options that went with him - not just HEM, for which i get beat up for because i have a more open mind look at things - Example of what i mean is i can easily see a James/Ninja matchup - Ninja was also pushing on JV, While James played toward NAV, I cant see a HEM/Ninja Pair or a James/Nav Pair as they wouldn't be voting together as they had. But i do read 2 scum working together to spread town out and keep them defensive on multiple fronts.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:05 am

Post by orctin »

James sudden attack and questioning my wording and thoughts also give me pause on him. Seems he thinks people have to think one way and i dont fit that mold and never have, and dont care to. So yes a Monkey/James pair is still very much a possibility to me. But i also noted that Ninja joined the party on this. So i had 3 players and a 4th with Cat now questioning myself. It was at that time i decided to show that i still had Dum as my scum read. Who would be paired with Dum, i'm unsure of that. If Dum is in fact Scum i would have to say him and his partner are doing well to avoid each other
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:12 am

Post by orctin »

As Far as the game here - Yes i have decided i hate this format and game setup - We have 9 people, 5 have been replaced - a 6th will be most likely soon - This is a slow play game that is focused of read people - yet we are changing people out more than we haven't now - so those of us left as original starters int he game, Myself, Ninja, Nav i feel are at more of a disadvantage - the Whole JV to Cat swap is a great example of this where people been harping on JV for days now, Cat swaps in and suddenly it's as if their whole JV reads and attack are gone now.

I will note one thing about me as i wont quit a game, IRL stuff may happen and i didn't post a lot for 2 days but to signup for games then quit them, i hope has some kind of repercussions here can it hurts the other players long term. If i play more games here i will lave to look up more faster paced games as my first game here was a mess with a Bully overpowering the game (and was totally wrong and we won as town ignoring him finally) and now this one where over half the people are replaced.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”