The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

In post 336, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 257, SirCakez wrote:Also if Lilith is scum here she could just keep the tell private and wag it around in my face to piss me off
Meh, I wouldn't have let her do this. I hate it when people do that, and it probably wouldn't work besides.

-S
I wanted to talk about it 24 hours ago!

- lilith
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:56 pm

In post 348, Tigerente wrote:Penguin i'm not entirely sure what you're objecting to here
I'm not appealing to meta, i'm merely pointing out that if people have a hard time reading me they *dont have to* to sort our slot, there's am easier way to go abt it (i.e. reading bork), which i dont think is a hot take really

I dont know why you think i'm 'appealing to meta', if anything i'm doing the opposite

~ skitter
I have never actually read bork

- lilith
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Lilith: Not a word of gratitude for granting you a PAGETOP???

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Tigerente
Tigerente
Goon
Tigerente
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Tigerente »

no, but you saw how last game went when i unveiled my main

-b

p-edit @lilith
hydra of skitter30 (she/her) and borkjerfkin (he/him)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 320, xHeavenx wrote:
In post 265, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 214, xHeavenx wrote:I feel like half of the posts I'm reading so far are heavily influenced by meta on the other players and it's making me feel left out.
Do you have any thoughts of your own?
Not too much I'd be willing to commit to but I'll try my best. Limit is the one person I think is just town. A lot of the other people I'm not getting a sense of who they are, rather what they claim. The decisive arguments I want to see instead turn into what seems like bickering mostly.

I think Limit trying to persuade others with their own experience with cakez is the most townie thing in the game so far. Their words really jumped out at me, and it didn't seem like they were just showboating. It was an attempt to understand but also generate reads, which is what I tend to look for.
Are you generally an analytical person?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 327, xHeavenx wrote:VOTE: A50

His posts seem so in-between everything going on, like he's almost trying to not take a side and wait for options to open up.
I can understand this take
I feel like he's posted some half-decent stuff, but it's not really readable to a real degree, it just is kind saying stuff
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 348, Tigerente wrote:Penguin i'm not entirely sure what you're objecting to here
I'm not appealing to meta, i'm merely pointing out that if people have a hard time reading me they *dont have to* to sort our slot, there's am easier way to go abt it (i.e. reading bork), which i dont think is a hot take really

I dont know why you think i'm 'appealing to meta', if anything i'm doing the opposite

~ skitter
Tbf it’s quite late for me and maybe my brain has shut down but “readability” it usually via meta - especially this early in a game - no?

If no - fine. I’ll revisit when I’m not half-eyes closed.
<(") | (")>
xHeavenx
xHeavenx
Townie
xHeavenx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by xHeavenx »

In post 349, Almost50 wrote:Q: Am I allowed to live in my own world under my own dome for a few seconds?? Cuz if I was I'd bet the game on the Mafia being of 3 members, and my solve would be precisely Gamma/Kerset/Heaven

Gamma comes in pushing a very "strange" meta-driven case on me (forgive me for calling it a case), and Kerset hops on it. Gamma backs off, Kerset falls back into the shadows, and Heaven takes on the spearhead position with yet another inexplicable "case".

My point is SCUM!GAMMA would be afraid of me. He tries to push me in hopes I'd react in a way that could be taken advantage of. Kerset sneaks in to aid him (knowing the reason behind this behaviour from their PT), but since I didn't react in a way that would justify Gamma's push on me he walks it back, but still wants me out so Heaven now can lead the campaign under the guise they don't know me (or anyone else) so cannot be blamed for taking this stance.

Well, I've got news for you: I ain't going down today, so lay off and try another approach.

Now I can go out of my dome and realize the whole world doesn't actually revolve around me, but not before I posted this to refer to in post-game. :P
Remember when you said earlier how you didn't know how to respond to me? I feel the same way right now. This is such a rabbit hole that I almost want to take my vote off you, because it really is just that ridiculous to me. So much that you wouldn't get clearance or risk saying it as scum.
Tigerente
Tigerente
Goon
Tigerente
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Tigerente »

Penguin idk what you're trying to say here, maybe try again in the morning

~ skitteR
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Almost50's posts almost make too much sense that he might be evil lol
I prefer they, thanks :)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

It's way easier to read the bork head of the hydra.

He will either be a blazing obvtown ball of fire or completely disappear.

I dunno if he'd try more as scum if he was hydraing with skitter tho.

Most of my initial concerns about the skitter-hydra was because bork wasn't posting.

Hopefully he will alleviate this pronto.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
xHeavenx
xHeavenx
Townie
xHeavenx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by xHeavenx »

In post 354, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 214, xHeavenx wrote:I feel like half of the posts I'm reading so far are heavily influenced by meta on the other players and it's making me feel left out.
Not too much I'd be willing to commit to but I'll try my best. Limit is the one person I think is just town. A lot of the other people I'm not getting a sense of who they are, rather what they claim. The decisive arguments I want to see instead turn into what seems like bickering mostly.

I think Limit trying to persuade others with their own experience with cakez is the most townie thing in the game so far. Their words really jumped out at me, and it didn't seem like they were just showboating. It was an attempt to understand but also generate reads, which is what I tend to look for.
I think therefore I am?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 335, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 245, Datisi wrote:whenever cakez posted things, i thought the post sounds like something i would scumread. yet in my heart i do not scumread cakez.
This is just... how I identify town-Cakez. The more blatantly scummier he sounds, the more likely he is to be town.

I haven't played against scum-him in a
very
long time (I don't think?), but this method has worked for me so far. (And it would have worked in that game where he was scum, though I didn't apply it then and actually horribly misread him. That was kinda what led me to discover this.)

-S
iirc you were in Xenoblade 2, is that the game you're talking about as Cakez's scum game?
<Embrace The Void>

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:06 pm

I do think its less likely skitter/bork will bring up reading bork instead of skitter if they were actually a scum-pair given the lack of experience the table has with the pair tho I think they can pretty easily anticipate that I would be reading them through whatever Bork does.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
xHeavenx
xHeavenx
Townie
xHeavenx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by xHeavenx »

In post 359, Dwlee99 wrote:Almost50's posts almost make too much sense that he might be evil lol
It doesn't make sense at all and that's why I'm questioning myself here.
Tigerente
Tigerente
Goon
Tigerente
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Tigerente »

In post 360, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It's way easier to read the bork head of the hydra.
see penguin straight from your BestBud's mouth

-b
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 361, xHeavenx wrote:

I think therefore I am?
Is that a serious answer?
Depending on whether the answer is yes or no to the original question, it will affect how I read you.
<Embrace The Void>

The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:07 pm

In post 352, Almost50 wrote:@Lilith: Not a word of gratitude for granting you a PAGETOP???
no :P
In post 353, Tigerente wrote:no, but you saw how last game went when i unveiled my main

-b

p-edit @lilith
okay

that doesn't mean I'm going to trust other people's reads of you. I'll still have to figure out how to read you for myself.
In post 359, Dwlee99 wrote:Almost50's posts almost make too much sense that he might be evil lol
"too towny to be town"........ that's a new one

- lilith
xHeavenx
xHeavenx
Townie
xHeavenx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by xHeavenx »

In post 366, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I think therefore I am?
Depending on whether the answer is yes or no to the original question, it will affect how I read you.
It's a serious answer. I can't tell you the reason for why my thoughts come out this way, they just do.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

The Limit Does Not Exist wrote: "too towny to be town"........ that's a new one

- lilith
In post 364, xHeavenx wrote:
It doesn't make sense at all and that's why I'm questioning myself here.
Y'all have to understand what happened in Noughts and Crosses to get it, but it was mostly tongue-in-cheek anyway.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 338, Tigerente wrote:Don't really know what you're trying to say. I don't cease being myself just because someone else occupies the slot.

-b
In post 339, PenguinPower wrote:Of course not, but you have a shiny PT to discuss things in.
General question to those with ability to answer, when bjork has hydra'd in the past, did it affect his readability in any significant way?
<Embrace The Void>

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:09 pm

In post 365, Tigerente wrote:
In post 360, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It's way easier to read the bork head of the hydra.
see penguin straight from your BestBud's mouth

-b
are you treating us as masons?

cuz that's what Best Bird and Best Bear are every game

OpenMasons
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Tigerente
Tigerente
Goon
Tigerente
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Tigerente »

i was just being silly

-b
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:10 pm

aww you could've earned yourself some TownPoints if you just acknowledged the blazing obviousness of our mason energy
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 368, xHeavenx wrote:
In post 366, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I think therefore I am?
It's a serious answer. I can't tell you the reason for why my thoughts come out this way, they just do.
I'll interpret these combined responses as a yes
Which means I unfortunately cannot comfortably call you town for your thought process just yet, since I was wanting to TR your depth of thought, but it seems that's just how you are as a person.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”