Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Hey all, thanks for bearing with me. I've finished hosting visitors and can now give this game the time and attention it deserves. As a side note, I am now not expecting to be V/LA again for a while (mid-July)
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:31 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 299, Enchant wrote:Sadly i could't fight my VI nature and protect self, so:
Spoiler:
I am Town PR. I strongly believe we are toast without CL dead fast anyway. If you want exact role, then go ahead and ask. If other PR will claim, it would be sweet.
Uhhhh wtf

You had, what, two votes on you? This was completely unnecessary.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:05 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Looking at the new posts from over the weekend, lemons is definitely climbing up my TRs in terms of the analytical thinking they are applying to the game (eg /)

On that note, let me try and respond to a couple of things from Lemons (264) and MajorMinor (276) in terms of calling out vs singling out. I think a lot of this is due to poor wording/ambiguity from me in terms of not articulating my point clearly enough (ironically, one of the reasons I started playing again in 2020 was that I wanted to get better at expressing my thoughts in writing as it's something I'm trying to improve in the day job)

-I noticed that Major hadn't done much to advance the game. They'd asked a question, and rather than comment on other parts of the game or interact with other players while waiting, their next post was basically a holding pattern and reaction to Flea's post saying other slots needed to do more saying that they were waiting for an answer to the question.
-I
called this out
(ie brought it to the attention of the other players), as it looked like coasting to me, and seemed scummy.
-Major then accused me of
singling them out unfairly
(ie focussing on them in a biased manner) and heavily implied I was scummy because I wasn't calling out other players for similar behaviour (ie coasting, not advancing the game)
-I then queried who the alleged other slots that weren't advancing the game were that Major felt I wasn't treating equally as I genuinely couldn't think of any and wanted to understand who Major had in mind
-After a pause, Major came up with two slots that I would argue had done more to push the game forwards (this is subjective of course) and the backup mod

TL;DR - I think a lot of confusion is due to the fact that yes, I was singling out Major in for not advancing the game, but no, I wasn't (IMO) singling them out
unfairly
, which is how Major tried to paint the picture in
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:07 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 301, Umlaut wrote:
In post 299, Enchant wrote:Sadly i could't fight my VI nature and protect self, so:
Spoiler:
I am Town PR. I strongly believe we are toast without CL dead fast anyway. If you want exact role, then go ahead and ask. If other PR will claim, it would be sweet.
Uhhhh wtf

You had, what, two votes on you? This was completely unnecessary.
I planned to do that anyway, that's reason why i asked what you mind about it. I see this as not bad way.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:08 am

Post by Marky Mark »

A lot of the follow up posting on that strand of thinking was trying to understand Major's motivations behind shading me in , such as whether they had particular slots in mind, when they said I was unfairly picking on them compared to others. I've still got my eye on them, but I do think their posting since has been reasonably towny.

--pedit, I will get to the Enchant stuff in a minute, but let's not give the scum free information pls
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Marky Mark »

The Enchant random vote thing is a bit weird but fairly NAI IMO. In terms of them more generally, I'm finding it hard to follow their motivations, especially in some of their more recent posting. I've only played against them with me town vs them scum, where they lurked/low-efforted for the majority of the game. I think their earlier point ref slots revealing any info they have if they have been hammered already seemed legit, but I'm not a massive fan of unnecessary claims and giving scum easy targets to recruit.
In post 272, Enchant wrote:I already pointed, osuka and you are main suspects from me, because of likelyhood of distancing.
This was waaay back on page 3 - do you still think this is the most AI thing that has happened this game? Is there anything that has happened in the last 200 pages that has struck you as particularly AI?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:35 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Let me stick down a couple of general thoughts and then I'll stop spamming the thread for a bit.

1.) I still think that Osuka has been the slot who has been the most disingenuous in terms of misconstruing events and pushing in bad faith (eg their attempt to discredit/reduce my point against them to OMGUS). I'm keen to dig into this once they are back from VLA as I reckon we have a good chance of finding scum here.

2.) Having just returned from V/LA myself, I'm going to be a massive hypocrite and suggest that we try and inject some energy back into this game. With 6 days or so to deadline, leaving things to the last minute increases the chance of a miscalculation and just plays into scum's hands IMO. Of note, Major and Rayna both promised content over the weekend, so it will be good to hear from those slots soon.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:36 am

Post by T3 »

Enchant.
x_x
Catching up.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:37 am

Post by T3 »

Oh not much to catch up on.

Still keeping my vote on Enchant.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter
Korina
They
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: They

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE COUNT 1.8
Major Minor (3, E-2!):
Umlaut, InsidiousLemons, Flea The Magician

Enchant (2):
Major Minor, T3
osuka (1):
Marky Mark
T3 (1):
Raya36
Raya36 (1):
Enchant
Flea The Magician (0):

InsidiousLemons (0):

Marky Mark (0):

Umlaut (0):

Not Voting (1):
osuka

With
votes in play, it takes
of them to yeet somebody.
At deadline, Major Minor shall be yeeted.

(expired on 2021-06-14 09:25:00) remain in the day.

Mod Notes
:
- Korina is V/LA on weekends. Please direct questions at that time to my Discord (Korina#0359)
- Maruchan is my co-mod.
- A

Pronoun KeyKorina - They/Them
Maruchan - She/Her
Flea The Magician - Fae/Faer or They/Them
Raya36 - She/Her
Enchant - Please set preferred pronouns in user control panel.
Major Minor - He/Him
Marky Marky - He/Him
T3 - He/Him
Umlaut - He/Him
osuka - He/Him
InsidiousLemons - Any Pronouns
Last edited by Korina on Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter
Korina
They
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 am

Post by Korina »

I will be at work by the time I have to prod osuka and InsidiousLemons, so I shall send them a PM notifying them of that now. If they do not respond by the time I get off work today, (~10 hours from now), I will officially consider this a prod message.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:25 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

6 days to go,

Osuka or Major minor are the wagons. Pick one, and lets have it.

Both slots are low-content and evasive (to the point of offensively so in Osukas case). I'll be keeping an eye whoever isn't eliminated of the two.

Enchant, I am disappointed in you. You knw you're getting culted tonight, right?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:27 am

Post by Enchant »

I hope this didn't jeopardize whole game and you are not pissed.

Either way, i changed my mind. Don't claim. I think it's already good other PR know who is me.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:30 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 311, Flea The Magician wrote:6 days to go,

Enchant, I am disappointed in you. You knw you're getting culted tonight, right?
How you could know this, if i didn't claim PR yet?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:40 am

Post by osuka »

Spoiler:
????????????

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:40 am

Post by osuka »

In post 306, Marky Mark wrote:Let me stick down a couple of general thoughts and then I'll stop spamming the thread for a bit.

1.) I still think that Osuka has been the slot who has been the most disingenuous in terms of misconstruing events and pushing in bad faith (eg their attempt to discredit/reduce my point against them to OMGUS). I'm keen to dig into this once they are back from VLA as I reckon we have a good chance of finding scum here.

2.) Having just returned from V/LA myself, I'm going to be a massive hypocrite and suggest that we try and inject some energy back into this game. With 6 days or so to deadline, leaving things to the last minute increases the chance of a miscalculation and just plays into scum's hands IMO. Of note, Major and Rayna both promised content over the weekend, so it will be good to hear from those slots soon.
hit me with any questions you have, i'll be back on later after work to respond

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:41 am

Post by osuka »

Both slots are low-content and evasive (to the point of offensively so in Osukas case). I'll be keeping an eye whoever isn't eliminated of the two.

try having a crack at showing everyone where i was evasive. i'll be waiting

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:42 am

Post by osuka »

In post 312, Enchant wrote:I hope this didn't jeopardize whole game and you are not pissed.

Either way, i changed my mind. Don't claim. I think it's already good other PR know who is me.
dogshit post from a player many people seem to expect a lot out of

Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Major Minor »

My weekend obligations took up more time than I thought, so my apologies for that.

This is so gross to me. I put together a case on Enchant, and you completely ignored it and hand-waved it away and said "Well Enchant makes sense so they get a day pass". Then you turn around and call me "low content" and "evasive", and beautifully set yourself up to go after me later in the game if I don't get eliminated today.

The game as a whole has been fairly inactive. There were only ~20 posts between my last activity and my promise for more content, and only ~20 more posts since then.

In terms of activity, I've been more active than half of the game, objectively (Raya, osuka, and Umlaut). T3 is matching me in activity, and in the same timeframe as you mentioned above, has less posts than me.

Why are you being disingenuous about my slot? You
choosing
not to engage with my points about Enchant and literally never commenting or responding to the case does not mean I'm doing nothing. Things don't cease to exist just because you, Flea, don't acknowledge them.

I obviously would prefer not to get wagoned here, because I know I am town. I am also a controversial figure, so I may as well be recruit-proof at this point, because cult won't want to touch me with a ten foot pole.

I don't know what to make of Enchant claiming a town power role. It's vague, so like... it's unconfirmable. It's un-CCable. I think the claim was premature. I'm not sure what the proper play is here. Do we force a full claim now to lock it in and draw out a CC if he's lying? If Enchant is the cult leader, fakeclaiming PR D1 is pretty much the best way to guarantee survival long enough to get a recruit action off.

On the other hand, osuka is the only one who defended me against Marky's inquisition. Am I getting pocketed, then? Was osuka white knighting me to look like a savior? I do tend to want to protect those who protect me. So that wagon is not ideal for me either.

Which leaves me wondering what to actually
do
here. If I had a magic gun right now and could kill anyone in the game, it would probably be Flea for disingenuous framing of my play and attempting to control the discourse, or it'd be Raya, who seems to be playing around the periphery and nudging wagons forward almost invisibly. I don't know how realistic it is that I get my preferences though, because the groupthink right now is trending towards me being untrustworthy at best.
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Major Minor »

In post 316, osuka wrote:

try having a crack at showing everyone where i was evasive. i'll be waiting
Yeah honestly, same for me. Show me one place where I was evasive. Because I wasn't.
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:51 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

theory: enchant is CL trying to soft unrecruitable

he has been hesitant to make any major pushes (possibly for fear of choosing wrong and sparking a counterwagon on himself), suggested a massclaim of unrecruitables early on and, not content to leave his softclaim at this, got super antsy to fullclaim despite a relatively low amount of heat in his direction. he was also the first person to suggest that a cult leader wouldn't claim PR, and may be hoping to ride his claim out until D2, at which point a miselim + successful conversion would make a CL elimination much less devastating to the cult (the game would be 5v2 at that point after the cult leader elim). i don't have any experience playing with him, but i kind of get the vibe that CL!enchant would be comfortable gambling on CC wifom -- his "unclaim" could suggest that he got more fearful of this when he saw that the initial reception of his claim was negative. it's a very risky gambit for a cult leader on D1, but the potential payoff would be enormous.

VOTE: Enchant

i'm at work right now so if i've missed something that makes this theory substantially less likely, i won't be able to respond to that fact for a few hours. for my money, enchant is either CL or unrecruitable
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 312, Enchant wrote:I hope this didn't jeopardize whole game and you are not pissed.

What the...

Everyone remember this for the day we actually do massclaim because if we have too many PR claims this will come off in retrospect as "real PRs, please don't cc me"
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:51 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

if enchant flips cult here flea has massive partner equity
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Enchant

That's L-1, I recommend you fullclaim since you are so eager to do so.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter
Korina
They
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:54 am

Post by Korina »

Bumping
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B