False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 543, northsidegal wrote:i trust jjh on mastina more than i do anyone else in the game.
Just for the sake of full disclosure here; jjh is probably the best player here at reading me (Titus second best tho Titus has the tendency of OMGUSing me when I am suspicious of her which can dampen the accuracy there), buuuuuuuuuuuut, scumastina can and has pocketed jjh before. jjh and I usually have the dynamic of more or less assuming the other is town until given damn good reason to think otherwise, but even when giving sincere reads that aren't free passes, are naturally inclined to townread each other.

However, given that you are statistically more likely to be town than scum, statistically speaking, this "assume town until given damn good reason to otherwise, and if forced to give an actual non-assumed read, townreading them anyway" approach is disproportionately accurate since by the numbers we end up both town more often than not. :P
In post 545, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:I'll just drop that scum think I'm an easy push in games because I am very aggressive and have an unorthodox playstyle.
It's very much not! I was looking forward to seeing the aggression from the playstyle.

The manifestation of how you are using the aggression is what leads me to believe you drew a red PM here.

So it's not the playstyle; it's what you are doing with said playstyle.
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Mia and Maya Fey »

In post 575, mastina wrote:
In post 543, northsidegal wrote:i trust jjh on mastina more than i do anyone else in the game.
Just for the sake of full disclosure here; jjh is probably the best player here at reading me (Titus second best tho Titus has the tendency of OMGUSing me when I am suspicious of her which can dampen the accuracy there), buuuuuuuuuuuut, scumastina can and has pocketed jjh before. jjh and I usually have the dynamic of more or less assuming the other is town until given damn good reason to think otherwise, but even when giving sincere reads that aren't free passes, are naturally inclined to townread each other.

However, given that you are statistically more likely to be town than scum, statistically speaking, this "assume town until given damn good reason to otherwise, and if forced to give an actual non-assumed read, townreading them anyway" approach is disproportionately accurate since by the numbers we end up both town more often than not. :P
In post 545, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:I'll just drop that scum think I'm an easy push in games because I am very aggressive and have an unorthodox playstyle.
It's very much not! I was looking forward to seeing the aggression from the playstyle.

The manifestation of how you are using the aggression is what leads me to believe you drew a red PM here.

So it's not the playstyle; it's what you are doing with said playstyle.
What am i doing with it?
Hydra of Nancy Drew 39(she/her) and DkKoba(they/them)
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:48 pm

In post 570, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:
In post 567, jjh927 wrote:I don't need to know anything about you in order to read you

It does not make my argument any less credible. I have highlighted a number of your posts with reasoning as to why you are likely to be scum here. It is this reasoning upon which my argument is based and should be evaluated as such.

My point is that you are scum
This post is uncharitable
VOTE: jjh
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 573, House wrote:Try again.
Are you seriously shading confirmed town? Try again is like egging on scum to shade you.

I don't think scum would be this reckless. Though you have good associatives with Fey.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 573, House wrote:I never claimed nor implied mastina pigeon-holed anyone or anything.

Try again.
if you'll excuse my saying, i think the "try again" is a little overly passive aggressive here given that you know that i'm town, and given that i wasn't
saying
anything about what you said, i was literally
asking
if that was what you were saying. just saying "no, that wasn't what i meant" would be enough.

so, to continue asking: what aspect of mastina's play that you recognized before do you think you aren't seeing here, and where is it manifested?
In post 574, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:Good thing I can identify out who the townies are that are upset before endgame then.
you should really be careful with that level of hubris.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 551, House wrote:Why am I scum?
Strangely enough.

I actually think that this might make House town.

I'm not
sure
, but I THINK it's town from him. Not enough to locktown him but enough to move him out of scum for sure.

DrippingGoofball
jjh927
Moongrass

Not_Mafia

House

cyrus62/KorVex
Gamma Emerald
Titus
nomnomnom

Free Money Free Tea
Not Known 15
Mia and Maya Fey (NancyDrew/DKKoba Hydra)

Locktown, townread, lean town, null, various shades of south of null.
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:53 pm

In post 578, Moongrass wrote:
Are you seriously shading confirmed town? Try again is like egging on scum to shade you.

I don't think scum would be this reckless. Though you have good associatives with Fey.
Would you categorize my play thus far as reckless if scum?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 562, Titus wrote:I'll be looking at this later. There's also a good chance I'll have to vla soon. I'll know more later this week.
Town. <3
In post 568, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:Can you ellaborate what though is your thought process in this regard?
Can? Yes.

Will?

Not until after Nancy shows up and only if the scumread remains.
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:55 pm

In post 582, mastina wrote:
In post 562, Titus wrote:I'll be looking at this later. There's also a good chance I'll have to vla soon. I'll know more later this week.
Town. <3
In post 568, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:Can you ellaborate what though is your thought process in this regard?
Can? Yes.

Will?

Not until after Nancy shows up and only if the scumread remains.
do you have a scumgame i can look at?
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:58 pm

In post 579, northsidegal wrote:
In post 573, House wrote:I never claimed nor implied mastina pigeon-holed anyone or anything.

Try again.
if you'll excuse my saying, i think the "try again" is a little overly passive aggressive here given that you know that i'm town, and given that i wasn't
saying
anything about what you said, i was literally
asking
if that was what you were saying. just saying "no, that wasn't what i meant" would be enough.

so, to continue asking: what aspect of mastina's play that you recognized before do you think you aren't seeing here, and where is it manifested?
In post 574, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:Good thing I can identify out who the townies are that are upset before endgame then.
you should really be careful with that level of hubris.
U right i have been instant voted by townies in lylo twice lmao
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 576, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:What am i doing with it?
Well in a sentence, tearing down townreads rather than building them up.

Aggression doesn't need to find scum to be useful; aggression is incredibly good at finding town, too, and helping to solidify players as being town. But aggression that is neither identifying scum nor building up town, aggression that is only tearing down town, is aggression that is at the very least, anti-town, and by a burden of proficiency in thinking you a competent player, I would assume that anti-town aggression that's tearing down town rather than identifying and building up town or identifying and ripping into scum, comes from you as scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 583, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:do you have a scumgame i can look at?
Several. Most recently was DEFCON. Before that, Warehouse 13. Before that, MBOS I. You can go further back, too, with XP Mafia 2, Anime UPick 2 (where I made like...2-3 posts with the rest being all Alisae), Skyrim mod uPick, I can go further back than that, too, find more as well, I've had literally at this point prolly 100+ onsite scumgames, these are some of the most recent ones tho.

DrippingGoofball
jjh927
Moongrass

Titus
Not_Mafia

House

cyrus62/KorVex
Gamma Emerald
nomnomnom

Free Money Free Tea
Not Known 15

Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:06 pm

In post 585, mastina wrote:
In post 576, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:What am i doing with it?
Well in a sentence, tearing down townreads rather than building them up.

Aggression doesn't need to find scum to be useful; aggression is incredibly good at finding town, too, and helping to solidify players as being town. But aggression that is neither identifying scum nor building up town, aggression that is only tearing down town, is aggression that is at the very least, anti-town, and by a burden of proficiency in thinking you a competent player, I would assume that anti-town aggression that's tearing down town rather than identifying and building up town or identifying and ripping into scum, comes from you as scum.
Tf? I'm being fucking critical of people who are misreading me how the fuck is that "tearing down townreads".
They'd have had to been townreads in the first place

I had gut town vibes from house's reaction on pop in, so naturally i pushed in the direction that suggested.
No one has spoken yet that gives me the vibes they are town except you. And thats purely off meta of you misreading my slot every game we play in this fashion.
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:07 pm

If you noticed my attack on you mastina, is flavored with attacking your reasoning and conclusion - while the one i have had on moon/jjh were targeting their intentions.
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:08 pm

Also thank you for the game.
I actually remember i did read some of defcon and i probably dont need to read anymore based on what i remember from you that game
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by House »

In post 578, Moongrass wrote:

What the actual fuck are you even talking about?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by House »

In post 579, northsidegal wrote:if you'll excuse my saying, i think the "try again" is a little overly passive aggressive here given that you know that i'm town, and given that i wasn't saying anything about what you said, i was literally asking if that was what you were saying. just saying "no, that wasn't what i meant" would be enough.

"Try again" means just that. If you're going to push me, try a different tackle.

There's nothing passive aggressive about it. Your question was simply a dead-end.

so, to continue answering: it's not that I expected mastina to WK me, but piling onto me after a handful of posts that have zero scum motivation behind them simply because I'm not "towny" is something I've only seen come from scum!mastina. That said, my meta with her is ancient, which is why I'm being hesitant on pushing her based solely on that.

I AM sus af, though.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by House »

In post 591, House wrote:
In post 579, northsidegal wrote:if you'll excuse my saying, i think the "try again" is a little overly passive aggressive here given that you know that i'm town, and given that i wasn't saying anything about what you said, i was literally asking if that was what you were saying. just saying "no, that wasn't what i meant" would be enough.

"Try again" means just that. If you're going to push me, try a different tack.

There's nothing passive aggressive about it. Your question was simply a dead-end.

so, to continue answering: it's not that I expected mastina to WK me, but piling onto me after a handful of posts that have zero scum motivation behind them simply because I'm not "towny" is something I've only seen come from scum!mastina. That said, my meta with her is ancient, which is why I'm being hesitant on pushing her based solely on that.

I AM sus af, though.
Sigh. Edit.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by House »

In post 580, mastina wrote:
In post 551, House wrote:Why am I scum?
Strangely enough.

I actually think that this might make House town.

I'm not
sure
, but I THINK it's town from him. Not enough to locktown him but enough to move him out of scum for sure.

DrippingGoofball
jjh927
Moongrass

Not_Mafia

House

cyrus62/KorVex
Gamma Emerald
Titus
nomnomnom

Free Money Free Tea
Not Known 15

Why am I lean town, now? :o

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by House »

Derp. Nvm mastina.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What’s crack-a-lackin’, homies?
In post 452, Moongrass wrote:Your entrance posts seem a little more proactive than what I thought would be normal for you NK15. That yawn in particular seemed like posting for the sake of posting. Am I wrong?
In post 453, Moongrass wrote:I think proactive is the wrong word, replace with simply active.
Time will probably tell on this, but I think NK15 is kinda an easy read as mafia, iirc he has an odd tendency to implode or do something super-scummy around end of Day 1
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 462, jjh927 wrote:Like, please do not at any point question decisions that the stumps may or may not have made with regards to power roles, as getting them to defend those choices is akin to rolefishing
This is a valid statement
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 466, Moongrass wrote:
In post 460, House wrote:
In post 459, Not_Mafia wrote:It makes sense with the stumps, we have 3 conftown voices
One of which can likely be Strongman killedeven with a doctor, if it exists.
Scum.
In post 462, jjh927 wrote:Like, please do not at any point question decisions that the stumps may or may not have made with regards to power roles, as getting them to defend those choices is akin to rolefishing
Town.
Moongrass have you played with mastina before?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 475, Moongrass wrote:
In post 474, jjh927 wrote:
In post 473, Moongrass wrote:I like VOTE: NK15 better.
What's up with disparaging you for doing something with what little content there is though?
I'm not disagreeing with your push, I just want to get something out of NK15 first. House seems like an easy read, not particularly threatened by scum House.
Why lol
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 481, Moongrass wrote:
In post 474, jjh927 wrote:
In post 473, Moongrass wrote:I like VOTE: NK15 better.
What's up with disparaging you for doing something with what little content there is though?
How do you know I'm doing something as town?
Moongrass probtown
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”