House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by House »

In post 624, jjh927 wrote:What do you think of the Fey hydra, House
I'm not familiar enough with the players, especially koba, to have an opinion on them this early.

Also, we haven't directly interacted, so they're not really on my radar, yet.

It's been years since I've played on this site, so as a refresher I'll remind you that a lot of my interactions come from how people talk to or about me because I know my allotment but not others', and how we interact can leak whether they know mine.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by House »

alignment *

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by House »

In post 625, House wrote:
In post 624, jjh927 wrote:What do you think of the Fey hydra, House
I'm not familiar enough with the players, especially koba, to have an opinion on them this early.

Also, we haven't directly interacted, so they're not really on my radar, yet.

It's been years since I've played on this site, so as a refresher I'll remind you that a lot of my reads come from how people talk to or about me because I know my alignment but not others', and how we interact can leak whether they know mine.
Geez. Atrocious post fixed.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 498, mastina wrote:
In post 467, Moongrass wrote:Have I won yet?
Well you've won a townread. :P

VOTE: House

I'm struggling to get a hard grasp on most of the players but jjh, Moongrass, and Not_Mafia as town I feel pretty good about; I've no such townpings on House, NK15, or really anyone else who has posted post-role-PMs, honestly.

So let's take a stab at a readslist here.

DrippingGoofball
jjh927
Not_Mafia
Moongrass

cyrus62/KorVex
Gamma Emerald
Titus
nomnomnom

Mia and Maya Fey (NancyDrew/DKKoba Hydra)
Free Money Free Tea
Not Known 15
House

Town, no read yet, lean south of null right now.
Through to here. This mastina readslist feels different than the one in Defcon.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 536, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:jjh, i asked you already, what do you hate about our posts?
Is it the fact nancy beat your scumteam just recently and you thought calling her illogical in this pregame was a good idea while she was kicking your ass?
The emotion behind this is missing. I would expect either sass or anger, but it reads flat.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 582, mastina wrote:
In post 562, Titus wrote:I'll be looking at this later. There's also a good chance I'll have to vla soon. I'll know more later this week.
Town. <3
In post 568, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:Can you ellaborate what though is your thought process in this regard?
Can? Yes.

Will?

Not until after Nancy shows up and only if the scumread remains.
While I hate being scumread for my vla notices, I shouldn't be townread for them either.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 629, Titus wrote:
In post 536, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:jjh, i asked you already, what do you hate about our posts?
Is it the fact nancy beat your scumteam just recently and you thought calling her illogical in this pregame was a good idea while she was kicking your ass?
The emotion behind this is missing. I would expect either sass or anger, but it reads flat.
I also want to put it on the record again that my only recent scumgame was a scum win and I don't recall nancy doing any ass kicking in that game
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 586, mastina wrote:
In post 583, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:do you have a scumgame i can look at?
Several. Most recently was DEFCON. Before that, Warehouse 13. Before that, MBOS I. You can go further back, too, with XP Mafia 2, Anime UPick 2 (where I made like...2-3 posts with the rest being all Alisae), Skyrim mod uPick, I can go further back than that, too, find more as well, I've had literally at this point prolly 100+ onsite scumgames, these are some of the most recent ones tho.

DrippingGoofball
jjh927
Moongrass

Titus
Not_Mafia

House

cyrus62/KorVex
Gamma Emerald
nomnomnom

Free Money Free Tea
Not Known 15
Mia and Maya Fey (NancyDrew/DKKoba Hydra)

Locktown, townread, lean town, null, various shades of south of null.
This reminds me...why were you bragging earlier about my ability to read you when you captured me in W13?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by House »

Oh, I should mention...

I'm going to have an even harder time than usual trying to get a grasp on a read of Titus.

There are certain things I look for in my interactions with Titus, but given my recent return to the site as well as my reason for leaving, I can't really rely on meta because things will take time to return to any sort of equilibrium between us as I need to prove myself as not being the toxic piece of shit I used to be.

So, whereas I would look for Titus to butt heads with me as town and soft defend me as scum (until she decided to hard push me, lol), none of that is valid anymore.

That, on top of my natural aversion to scumreading her, will make this game difficult for me to vote for her should she be scum.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 611, House wrote:
In post 610, jjh927 wrote:I am the opposite

Gamma looks very much town
Yeah. A lot of people equivocation activity with town and he flew in and popped out a lot of posts at one time... without actually giving us anything to chew on.

There's no meat on all those bones.
While I disagree with House's assessment, I think both he and gamma are town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 633, House wrote:Oh, I should mention...

I'm going to have an even harder time than usual trying to get a grasp on a read of Titus.

There are certain things I look for in my interactions with Titus, but given my recent return to the site as well as my reason for leaving, I can't really rely on meta because things will take time to return to any sort of equilibrium between us as I need to prove myself as not being the toxic piece of shit I used to be.

So, whereas I would look for Titus to butt heads with me as town and soft defend me as scum (until she decided to hard push me, lol), none of that is valid anymore.

That, on top of my natural aversion to scumreading her, will make this game difficult for me to vote for her should she be scum.
Your meta is frankly outdated as shit anyway. I got divorced since you got banned and it changed my personality a lot.

I still find meta trash though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by House »

In post 635, Titus wrote:
In post 633, House wrote:Oh, I should mention...

Your meta is frankly outdated as shit anyway. I got divorced since you got banned and it changed my personality a lot.

I still find meta trash though.
No need to butter me up. It's nearly impossible for me to vote for you as it is. :lol:

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I agree that the hydra is scummy.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 637, DrippingGoofball wrote:I agree that the hydra is scummy.
Not exactly townreading the hydra, but I want to see more entrances. I need conflict. :/
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 622, House wrote:And you ignore 2 examples I've already given in response to the question before you've even asked it.
well I didn't perceive it as an actual attempt at discussion
Anyway, to talk about those two things: I don't exactly see how you progressed to TRing jjh as you stated you had. As for your mastina opinion, I don't see a whole lot to say other than maybe "if you're not seeing what you're used to, but are also not seeing the behavior you contrasted it to as the play you would like to see less of, then how would you describe what you ARE seeing?" To clarify, you've said mastina isn't searching for motives, but when pressed about it you denied the idea that she was pigeon-holing posts as certain alignments (which honestly I would kinda describe her early play as that sort of thing these days). So, what does/did mastina seem to be doing?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by House »

In post 639, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't exactly see how you progressed to TRing jjh as you stated you had.
Of course you don't.

You also don't see how I began scumreading him in the first place, because I never claimed to do so. I simply stated a post was "interesting".

jjh going on the offensive right after that looked sus, and made me wonder if it was a case of guilty conscience (attack before being attacked).

Then mastina piled on, which looked kind of odd for reasons already mentioned, and I highly doubt they'd be scum together because that would be highly ballsy so if the 2 I suspected mastina more and helped adjust my perspective on jjh.

Complete "real time" transparency on reads can alter behavior, and all of this happened pretty quickly, so idk what you're so bent over.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by House »

In post 639, Gamma Emerald wrote:when pressed about it you denied the idea that she was pigeon-holing posts as certain alignments
Go back and read that interaction again, because you've misunderstood it.

Or you're twisting posts.

I guess we'll see after you refresh your memory.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What about that seems bent? I just said I didn't see something as you said it happened.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Fwiw House I overstated my read on you for the sake of content production to get us out of RVS immediately
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 573, House wrote:
In post 571, northsidegal wrote:
In post 563, House wrote:Nah, I'm not buying that for one simple reason.

Our first game together, you called me town out of nowhere when I was being wagoned and sold it. You're townread of me was based on a lack of scum notice in my incredibly scummy playstyle. You had zero history with me.

That's what so impressed me about your skill. It's very rare to find a player that hunts for motive instead of pigeon-holing actions as "scummy" or "towny".

I'm not seeing that here, and it makes me sad.
do you think that mastina has "pigeon-holed" you as being scummy or towny? she was pretty clear in the motivation behind her vote on you.
I never claimed nor implied mastina pigeon-holed anyone or anything.

Try again.
Is it wrong to conclude from this post that you didn't believe she was doing that? Or are you just rules-lawyering by saying you never said anything to indicate you felt she was doing that?
<Embrace The Void>

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by jjh927 »

There's plenty of better content to analyse now

Like, I was the one pushing you and it didn't really help me to place you so I can't see it being much good to anyone else
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 643, jjh927 wrote:Fwiw House I overstated my read on you for the sake of content production to get us out of RVS immediately
I had kinda sensed something was up with the quickness of it, and this explanation makes you solidly town imo
<Embrace The Void>

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by House »

In post 644, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 573, House wrote:
In post 571, northsidegal wrote:
In post 563, House wrote:Nah, I'm not buying that for one simple reason.

Our first game together, you called me town out of nowhere when I was being wagoned and sold it. You're townread of me was based on a lack of scum notice in my incredibly scummy playstyle. You had zero history with me.

That's what so impressed me about your skill. It's very rare to find a player that hunts for motive instead of pigeon-holing actions as "scummy" or "towny".

I'm not seeing that here, and it makes me sad.
do you think that mastina has "pigeon-holed" you as being scummy or towny? she was pretty clear in the motivation behind her vote on you.
I never claimed nor implied mastina pigeon-holed anyone or anything.

Try again.
Is it wrong to conclude from this post that you didn't believe she was doing that? Or are you just rules-lawyering by saying you never said anything to indicate you felt she was doing that?
The conclusion you should have drawn is the one I stated: she did not appear to be looking past actions for the underlying motives.

And if you're suspecting me of rules-lawyering, report it the mods and I'll be out of your hair permanently.

Don't attempt to intimidate me.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Titus »

Hey, I have characters in my novel who need to hear an interview about them, but they're complying with directions not to consume any media about their case. How do I force them to see it?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by House »

In post 645, jjh927 wrote:There's plenty of better content to analyse now

Like, I was the one pushing you and it didn't really help me to place you so I can't see it being much good to anyone else
Maybe because I don't take pushes that are based on nothing very seriously. :lol:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”