Newbie 2067 - Pizza! - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 249, Azeru wrote:I'll reiterate and say I get it. I won't deny the other side of it being 'adding flavor to the game' or 'reaction testing' or whatever it may be. It very well could be just that. Regardless of whether or not it is that, I don't vibe with it at all for reasons stated, and my vote will stay where it is for now.
go for it if anything my wagon helps me.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 195, Save The Dragons wrote:crumbs aren't always good to leave because scum hunt for them

they can be helpful but beware
I actually lost my last game because I interpreted a joke as a breadcrumb and made it too obvious that I was PR hunting, so I can definitely see even fake-crumbs as useful when used correctly. Unfortunately, I'm not quite experienced enough to use them correctly, even if that seems like a cop out
In post 250, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 249, Azeru wrote:I'll reiterate and say I get it. I won't deny the other side of it being 'adding flavor to the game' or 'reaction testing' or whatever it may be. It very well could be just that. Regardless of whether or not it is that, I don't vibe with it at all for reasons stated, and my vote will stay where it is for now.
Considering that this is a newbie game and you are not a Jester, I see no way that that makes sense. How could being seen as scummy be good for you?
Also, do you have an answer to ?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 225, fferyllt wrote:
Spoiler: snip

In Virgil's Aeneid (finished circa 19 BCE), Celaeno, the Harpy queen, foretold that the Trojans would not find peace until they were forced by hunger to eat their tables. Later in the poem, Aeneas and his men sat down to a scanty meal that included round breadcakes (like pita bread) topped with cooked vegetables. As they ate the round breadcakes, they realized these were the "tables" Celaeno had foretold.

Aeneas, handsome Iulus, and the foremost leaders,

settled their limbs under the branches of a tall tree,

and spread a meal: they set wheat cakes for a base

under the food (as Jupiter himself inspired them)

and added wild fruits to these tables of Ceres.

When the poor fare drove them to set their teeth

into the thin discs, the rest being eaten, and to break

the fateful circles of bread boldly with hands and jaws,

not sparing the quartered cakes, Iulus, jokingly,

said no more than: “Ha! Are we eating the tables too?”

Ngl, this is making me hungry for "tables"
But I've already had pizza twice this week
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 240, Zyla wrote:
In post 202, cyrus62 wrote: oh are you trying to shad . i think i found some town with that reaction test . makeing it easyer for me to short
I actually want to cycle back to this tbh. What TR did that "reaction test" give you?

Lukewarm was very hard set against it . Scum would want
To seem like they were but the way he acted was completely town like
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 251, Zyla wrote:
In post 195, Save The Dragons wrote:crumbs aren't always good to leave because scum hunt for them

they can be helpful but beware

I actually lost my last game because I interpreted a joke as a breadcrumb and made it too obvious that I was PR hunting, so I can definitely see even fake-crumbs as useful when used correctly. Unfortunately, I'm not quite experienced enough to use them correctly, even if that seems like a cop out
In post 250, cyrus62 wrote:
Considering that this is a newbie game and you are not a Jester, I see no way that that makes sense. How could being seen as scummy be good for you?
Also, do you have an answer to ?
Can't fully answer this yet
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 254, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 251, Zyla wrote:Considering that this is a newbie game and you are not a Jester, I see no way that that makes sense. How could being seen as scummy be good for you?
Because of ongoing games, or are you waiting until day 2?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by Pavowski »

I nominate that we move on from this discussion with Cyrus about his antics here. His schtick is weird but we all get the point.

Scum or not, getting wrapped around the axle this way is not pro-village
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 255, Zyla wrote:
In post 251, Zyla wrote:Considering that this is a newbie game and you are not a Jester, I see no way that that makes sense. How could being seen as scummy be good for you?
Because of ongoing games, or are you waiting until day 2?
day2
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 256, Pavowski wrote:I nominate that we move on from this discussion with Cyrus about his antics here. His schtick is weird but we all get the point.

I 2nd that
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Pavowski »

To that end, hey Zyla, are you scum with Luke this game? The universe is a funny place and if this game turns out that way it'll give me the tingles.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 256, Pavowski wrote:I nominate that we move on from this discussion with Cyrus about his antics here. His schtick is weird but we all get the point.

This seems pretty fuckin towny. town points from me, But quick question, how are u planning to be proactive and move on from cyrus. u have any reads to share with us?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 259, Pavowski wrote:To that end, hey Zyla, are you scum with Luke this game? The universe is a funny place and if this game turns out that way it'll give me the tingles.
Haha, that would be hilarious, but not this time
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

I'm on phone right now but Luke and hockey seems town to me so I'm down to 6 to short
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

i am very disappointed in a few here which has me marking them as null
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 263, cyrus62 wrote:i am very disappointed in a few here which has me marking them as null
Do you have any SR's or is it basically like "Hockey, Luke town" and everybody else is null right?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 260, HockeyFan wrote:

This seems pretty fuckin towny. town points from me, But quick question, how are u planning to be proactive and move on from cyrus. u have any reads to share with us?
Inasmuch as I think most early analysis ends up going out the window, I'm gonna sit down and make some notes tomorrow or Saturday as I'll be back at home and not posting from my phone (not recommended).

But here's a quick 3.

Luke is sharp so I'm gonna have my eye on him but I have zero "read" yet. If he's mafia, I'm skurrd.

Zyla was mafia in our last game so law of averages says she's town this time. Since RNG can always be trusted, this feels ironclad to me.

And you really want to know reads from a lot of people. Which either means you're like me and you want to watch and soak it in before forming too many of your own reads, or you're mafia trying to pocket me. I flipped a coin and it says you're the latter, so welcome to my FOS.

There you go, 3 garbage reads. Take then with as much salt as you like, I know I will.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:34 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Insomnia has resulted in me giving this game a 4 am once over, so that's fun :)

Doing isos until sleep calls to me

HockeyFan
- I am still leaning town here I think.

33->39->44 just seems like a really genuine progression, coming from someone actually trying to sort mine and zyla's alignment, as opposed to scum trying to shade us. Also, just in general they seem really open to putting their reads out into the thread, and also regularly trying to draw content out from other players. They are also the top person activity wise, when I would expect a newbie scum player to be a bit more hesitant to be in the thread.

I don't really like some of their logic, like I think they are weighing people's alignments using strange criteria. But I am still thinking town here. I also think I might have been a little when I said they were tunneling in post 210. Reading back through the iso, I see them adjusting more then I realized going through the first time.

Spoiler:
I do see some irony reading post after scum reading both me and STD for supposedly defending other player lol

cyrus
leaning scum

His approach to this game, just... seems anti-town. The only thing that is keeping me at a scum lean instead of a scum read is trying to find the scum motivation for the way he is posting, because it certainly drew a lot of attention to himself. Like it almost seems anti-town and anti-scum??

Very much did not like his back and forth over claiming.

Another thing that stood out to me while doing the iso was this
In post 227, cyrus62 wrote:day 1 read may change but as of now hockey and pev are my top scum reads.
In post 262, cyrus62 wrote:I'm on phone right now but Luke and hockey seems town to me so I'm down to 6 to short
@Cyrus, so is hockey one of your top scum reads, or is he one of your 2 top town reads? That is a big swing for him to have in like 1 page of the thread. Why were you scum reading him as of post 227? What changed his read so hard by 262?

StrangeMatter
scum lean
I still really do not like . I think my biggest issue with it was that they were not just saying the way that they handle the thread, they were actively telling other people not to be giving out town reads. Like, their 69 looks like it in response to STD's 67, where he gave out 2 town reads.

Pushing people to stop working on town reads, but instead focus on scum reads on page 3 of the thread, when several people had not even checked in yet. I just... don't like it.

The next section of their iso seems to be focused on defending themselves from Hockey's read on them, which I think they would do as either alignments, so NAI.

I reached the end of their iso, and realized I have no idea who Strange is even scum reading. Their only vote so far was their RVS vote. So I just scrolled back through, and I cannot find a single place where they have said they were scum reading anyone, or said that anything anyone said was scummy.

Which, I think makes post look even worse looking back on it? Like, they told people to stop handing out town reads and focus on scum reads, but then never did that themselves. So it seems even more likely imo, that they were really just worried that if people were giving out town reads early that we would end up with a town block.
VOTE: StrangeMatter

Okay. It is now like 5:30 am, am tired now. Think I will be trying to sleep again. Will iso more people tomorrow.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:37 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 266, Lukewarm wrote:Which, I think makes post 24 look even worse looking back on it?
ebwop: this should be post
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:06 am

Post by Pavowski »

A few actual reads now that I'm less sleepy this morning. They still suck, but I'm feeling less snarky than last night.

STD (lol weird to call you that but I'm sticking with it) feels to be slow-playing a bit. I get a towny vibe but it's not based on much.

(I've just realized that I'm gonna say "it's not based on much" for basically everything I'm about to post so ... Just assume it)

Strange has a lot of posts aimed at Hockeyfan. Like,
a lot.
Could be scum trying to distance.

Meanwhile Hockeyfan is pushing Strange as a pretty solid townread. Seems like a Strange scum read (above) would necessitate a Hockeyfan scum read. Then again hockey reads me as town, which is town, since he's right. I have confused myself here. Putting a pin in this.

Haschel initially struck me as slightly scummy for his interaction with Strange in 127, but upon further review that feels very towny to me.

Cyrus - I said enough last night.

Luke - not sure yet.

Zyla - inclined to read as town but I need to try to separate out the meta.

Azeru - in 135 points out, rightly, that we somehow managed to get Hockey to e-1, and calls for us to chill the hell out. Read: town. But also establishes as somebody watching and tracking the game very closely. Read:scum. End result, I dunno. Neutral I guess.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 am

Post by Pavowski »

The tl;dr version of 268:

STD slight town
Strange slight scum
Hockey slight scum
Haschel slight town
Cyrus heckin wildcard lunatic
Luke null
Zyla null
Azeru null

There you go, pick me apart!
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:35 am

Post by cyrus62 »

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=80202 here i realy didnt want to do this but here is how i act as scum. you will see a more focus less wild side.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:56 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 270, cyrus62 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=50&t=80202 here i realy didnt want to do this but here is how i act as scum. you will see a more focus less wild side.

?? Idk why you're using this as a way to "defend yourself"/give Pav a way to read u since u said in posts and , "I change my meta every game"
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:58 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 271, HockeyFan wrote:wild
i cant answer this right now.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:00 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 271, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 270, cyrus62 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=50&t=80202 here i realy didnt want to do this but here is how i act as scum. you will see a more focus less wild side.

?? Idk why you're using this as a way to "defend yourself"/give Pav a way to read u since u said in posts and , "I change my meta every game"
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 230, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 228, Lukewarm wrote:Do you normally change in ways that make you harder to sort in your current game?
cant answer that.
In post 272, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 271, HockeyFan wrote:wild
In post 273, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 271, HockeyFan wrote:?? Idk why you're using this as a way to "defend yourself"/give Pav a way to read u since u said in posts and , "I change my meta every game"
Ok so since this seems to be your main answer to questions, how about you just tell us what you can answer?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”