Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #4425 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4418, Sigmund wrote:Of the people voting for Me/Flea prior to Anya-wagon gaining steam and pushing to the front and going thru I suspect the following:

Chara
NDMath

Farkran
White Fire

I don't like how they played out the last part of D1.

If Flea is town, the way these four players were positioned feels the most to me like "scum who are ok with T v T being the leading 2 wagons and then being caught flatfooted when Anya rips up and becomes a thing"

I still have not read anything that happened on D2 sorry I have been busy.
i feel the same re: Fark. i'm no expert on reading him but i think scum Fark does more to save anya if he's going to vocally support her than say "i agree with shea". and i've said before he feels uninformed

also i appreciate that murdercat plays to win, and i'm glad i was wrong in my worry with why he might be withholding the claim.

and that said i worry that he doesn't seem to be trying to survive if scum. i still don't find him towny but that behavior is confusing to me, i can think of a lot of ways for scum murdercat to try and improve his position and he isn't doing them. the easy thought is maybe he just can't? but it's not very satisfying.

Ircher on the other hand i really haven't tried to examine as much recently, but his attitude has hit town. i know nothing about Ircher's play, if it's possible he purposely takes this angle knowing it can get townreads through how he's been treating Bingle.

don't have the energy to try and figure out either of these things. might later today so:

UNVOTE: while i figure my shit out.

pedit: i could do Flea.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4426 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4424, Bingle wrote:I think you're reading too much into the strength of my scumreads here.

Until recently, my strongest scumread was a literal RVS case, and I'm of the opinion that Ircher slot is probably town atm. My read strength on you is "I can see you as scum if I squint."

I'm also paranoid I've been pocketed by both morph and shea (although probably not concurrently), but that's definitely not a priority for today. Flea is drifting closer and closer to faer remembered patterns from among us (Starting strong and dropping into meh) which was faer scumgame. I wouldn't oppose lims on Math or wheme either.
Fair enough. Of course, I can still make an argument why you shouldn't scumread that, and you can take it into account or not.

Out of curiosity, why do you townread morph? I've been having more trouble than I usually do getting a read on them.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4427 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Farkran »

About my 3 names, i have already gave them earlier here i go again:

Murdercat - didn't like him during d1 and hasn't obvtowned himself later, i know he's capable of doing that but he didn't
Ndmath - bad wagon position + nka
Flea - bad wagon position + scummy tone, different than what i know from town!flea
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4428 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Bingle »

Part of it was a lazy early game townread. Part of it is the active and blatant buddying of me while still not really trying to leverage any of my reads to make work with it, making it the highest risk lowest reward scumplay I've seen, especially given my lack of influence in the thread. Part of it is the confidence they've had in their interactions with LLD, which doesn't seem faked. Part of it is their reaction to my early softs and confidence.

Mostly though? I don't see the consistent blowups and thread derailment of the gambits involving Arte as a scum theater attempt. Like... the D1 gambit turned into a shit show because Arte wouldn't respond right away when confronted and morph did exactly what was necessary to try to draw blood from that stone, for better or worse. In order for that to be a scum motivated gambit, cabd/ffery has to recognize that Arte is going to play unreasonably coy when confronted in order to draw it out into the distraction it became, otherwise it's a fake inno on D1 for no real scum gain except maybe an early townread that's going to go stale long before the hydra is in any real trouble.

Couple that with their attempt to undermine the shitshow todays fakeclaim could've turned into and I don't think morph Arte is a S/S pair, which means they didn't control all of the variables they would've needed to to make D1 work the way it did even most of the time.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4429 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4419, Farkran wrote:
In post 4381, Guillotina wrote:
In post 4337, Farkran wrote:Also i don't like ircher as today's elimination

My current scumreads: murdercat, ndmath, flea, titus

My concerns: chara, guillo, white fire, shea

Everyone else is fine to me as far as today is concerned
What’s your concern about me and shea?
Both you and shea have a towny tone but have made weird choices with your reads. To elaborate, i feel that town!shea shouldn't have agreed so much with me in d1 when he knows that my reads are horrible - but this is just a hunch to keep in mind for later, i don't want to push shea today.

As for you, guillo, i know for a fact that you have been pushing town in d1 and dodged the scum wagon. Again, this isn't a huge basis for pushing you and in fact i am not, but if people want to iso me after i die this could be useful
Have you considered that my reads are also horrible?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #4430 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I gave my lim pool. Probably my order of preference is something like notty > ircher > something_smart.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4431 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:15 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4420, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4417, morph the cat wrote:We didn't, because we haven\t had time to sit down and think about it, if that makes any sense?

We've just been passively watching the past few IRL days.
Yes it does make sense.

I feel like you haven't been engaging with me as much as I'm used to, especially given ffery's recent (painful) experience with me. Maybe that's just an artefact of it being a larger game though.
After misreading you in that game, initially due to feeling like you were engaging me early in that game much more than you historically have, I feel cautious about reading you this game.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4432 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:23 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4426, Something_Smart wrote:I've been having more trouble than I usually do getting a read on them.
Why do you think that is? I feel like we've put down a lot of AI stance and progression, even though we've intentionally stepped back for a few calendar days.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4433 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Sigmund »

In post 4422, Farkran wrote:Do you think flea is town though?
I don't what alignment Flea is. The fact that Anya's wagon came almost completely from Flea voters makes me think Flea was a mostly town-motivated wagon that stalled to divert into Anya, I would think if Flea was town that scum would've just pushed Flea over the edge.

However LLD has said she thinks Flea/Me was TvT so I'm going to defer to her judgement on Flea.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4434 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Sigmund »

In post 4425, Chara wrote:i feel the same re: Fark. i'm no expert on reading him but i think scum Fark does more to save anya if he's going to vocally support her than say "i agree with shea". and i've said before he feels uninformed
I don't see how Scum!Fark could do more to save Anya in that spot.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4435 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:38 am

In post 4432, morph the cat wrote:Why do you think that is? I feel like we've put down a lot of AI stance and progression, even though we've intentionally stepped back for a few calendar days.
Well, to start, I haven't historically read you on your stances and progressions.

In the past, I've townread you based on you making a real effort to advance scumhunting and game solving from others as well as from yourselves. That's generally my go-to tactic for reading stronger players, because they tend to have their image and their stances down pretty well regardless of alignment.

I haven't been seeing much that I feel falls in that umbrella. (Of course, it's not that it isn't there, but I am not seeing it.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4436 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:39 am

In post 4434, Sigmund wrote:I don't see how Scum!Fark could do more to save Anya in that spot.
I mean, perhaps not. But what he did was I think never going to turn the tide on its own... so I would bet that scum-Fark just does less to save Anya.

I don't have a ton of experience with him as scum, but iirc he doesn't have any issue with bussing if need be.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4437 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:41 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4435, Something_Smart wrote:(Of course, it's not that it isn't there, but I am not seeing it.)
That's an odd sort of throwaway. :/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4438 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:43 am

I mean, I put it in parentheses because it should be kind of a given that just because I can't find something doesn't mean it isn't there.

If you want to point to sections where you feel like you've done that thing I'm talking about, by all means feel free.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #4439 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Chara »

reads kind of like you're covering your bases so you don't get called out if you're wrong about morph making a towny effort.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4440 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:49 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4438, Something_Smart wrote:I mean, I put it in parentheses because it should be kind of a given that just because I can't find something doesn't mean it isn't there.

If you want to point to sections where you feel like you've done that thing I'm talking about, by all means feel free.
4428's a fairly decent take on it, if I have even slightest clue what you mean by advancing scumhunting and gamesolving by others.

Is what we did with LLD on day 1 NOT the sort of thing you've been looking for?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4441 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:50 am

In post 4439, Chara wrote:reads kind of like you're covering your bases so you don't get called out if you're wrong about morph making a towny effort.
I mean yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. I don't want to be taken to mean something different from what I actually meant.

Unless you're suggesting that I'm scum who didn't bother to read morph's posts before levying that accusation, which would be pretty silly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4442 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:58 am

In post 4440, morph the cat wrote:Is what we did with LLD on day 1 NOT the sort of thing you've been looking for?
Referring to the interaction starting circa ? If so, then yes, that is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

I'm sorry; I know it's hard to define. If you want, I can try to go back to previous games we've played to see if that helps me elucidate it better.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4443 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:02 am

Post by morph the cat »

I don't know if it would help me, but maybe it would help you.

Given my irl right now, it could be a week or more before I move and shake much again, unless something happens to catch my attention during a downtime moment.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4444 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:05 am

Post by Farkran »

I am a notorious busser as scum, and i've lost all games where i actively tried to stray away from my scum meta - if i was scum, in this game i would cash credit on correct reads instead of hardtownreading my partner going down because i just lost one where i didn't: this was with SS and chara a few weeks ago.

Aside from that though, i think that if flea was town fae was going to fall around - that is because, as several people said, anya went down thanks to people moving from flea, as opposed to the wagon on sigmund which remained roughly the same up to d1 eod, which makes me think that scum were already consolidating on sigmund, didn't want to vote flea and didn't have the manpower to save anya.

That's the main reasoning behind my current scumreads and why i want to lim one in {mc, math, flea} today.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Artemiana
Artemiana
Goon
Artemiana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4445 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Artemiana »

Top three

Math, Fark, Dunn.

Mostly PoE
Artemiana
Artemiana
Goon
Artemiana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4446 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Artemiana »

VOTE: math
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #4447 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I feel like no one is interacting with me re: notty at all. Why is notty town? At least don't ignore me.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4448 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:12 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 4447, Thestatusquo wrote:I feel like no one is interacting with me re: notty at all. Why is notty town? At least don't ignore me.
Just gut for me, no strong feeling
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4449 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Farkran »

I really want to lim on sigmund wagon tbh. I doubt that there would be more than 2 bussers on anya, likely less, and trying to go for the 1 or 2 bussers in 13 sounds suboptimal - if you disagree about the amount of bussers i'd like to argue why they didn't finish off Sigmund or flea
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”