Newbie 2066: Gelato 2 -- End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am

Post by T3 »

This is just scum saying "the wagon is pure so I will vote it"
Not hammering Vax.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:04 am

Post by Rockhopper »

In post 289, Roden wrote: -Why is Sang null on your reads list now? You said multiple times that you believed they were scum, but now you've dropped that for a Vax/Roden pairing? What's the thought process behind this, because that wasn't gradual at all.
You ping me as scummy harder right now and I don't think a sang/you pairing is likely. I don't think both scum hop on my wagon like that and your interactions don't seem S/S
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:14 am

Post by Rockhopper »

Spoiler:
In post 322, Roden wrote:
In post 297, Rockhopper wrote:
In post 289, Roden wrote: Well, I was waiting until you'd try to make a case against me but uh, I wasn't expecting this. I don't really know how to address a Vax/me pairing because I honestly don't know how you came to that conclusion. If you want to invest in this case Day 2 then I'd be more than fine to meet you on that. I can only guess you're claiming it because my assumed hero solve at this point would probably be Vax/you (it actually isn't) and you want the distancing points. Because I honestly believe you'd have a more compelling case pairing me up with literally anyone else.
There's no reason for scum!Vax to be so laid back unless his partner is fairly (pro)active. And like I said, your insistence on eliminating me based on bad reasoning and your weird hop on Vaxk make you seem like the most likely choice for his partner. Why would I assume that when you literally say the opposite in
I'm not sure what post 242 is supposed to signify. I don't understand the jump from "Vax is laidback" to "their partner has to be you because you're active" either. What makes my reasoning bad over anyone else who scum read you? Why is it only specifically my reads on you that ping you, even though you scum read Sang and already believe Vax will flip red? Doesn't that mean not only were you completely wrong on Sang, you were also totally fine with that?
Given that I tr Jumble and Vax's vote was possibly rvs, I maintain that there's a good chance scum was on my wagon. Sang's wagon was feeble to begin with, and mine reached E-1 when it died (150)
You were getting wagoned because you made multiple scummy posts. Neither Vax or I even orchestrated your wagon, so I don't know how this somehow points to us being a scum pair?
Till the end of Day 1, like you said. And what did I lie about? You maintained your scumread on me and never commented on what I said in 110.
As far as I can tell, the reasons were: 1) that I was opportunistic, which is a weird buzzword to throw around because you could say the same for any vote anybody makes even if it came from a town perspective (which is the case here), 2) that my vote was based on flimsy reasoning, which I already disagreed with in 110, 3) that the joke about clearing each other for having the same tastes didn't read right, to which I say I'm awkward in general, and 4) that it's scummy to think an experienced scum player would blatantly post PR bait like that, which kinda contradicts itself.
What is post 110 supposed to signify...? I'm genuinely confused here. I made a guess about why Sang made their entrance the way they did, which you responded to, and that seemed to be it. I even responded to your original question in that post, so how am I ignoring you? Because I didn't comment on your commentary that wasn't even about me? Or is it because I continued to scum read you even after you tried to defend yourself? Because uh, I'm not the only one scum reading you for the things you listed.

It really just sounds like you're singling me out and scum reading me for doing the exact same thing five other people did. That really doesn't look good.
Whatever your reasons maybe, the fact that Vax did shift to being your scumread after GIF's statement doesn't sit well with me. You said it yourself that it was hard to discern scum!Vax's partner which is all the more incentive for you to bus at first chance, assuming you are his partner. And GIF was bound to explain his reads anyway (5 day solve or whatever), regardless of whether it was you or anyone else who would push him to do so. As for why Vax given the 2 other options? You expressed a strong townread on Clasko already and Johnny is yet to post. GIF's reasoning was good enough to keep him alive for today, and pushing him before wouldn't have made any sense.
The amount of mental gymnastics you have to perform to justify me being scum buddies with Vax is frustrating me right now. None of this sounds like it's being said in good faith. You already sound like you know Vax will flip red, and even I'm not sure of that since it's a toss up between you and Vax for me as it is.

I'm gonna say this one more time because I
really
feel like you don't understand what you're saying here.

For me to be scum buddies with Vax, I'd have to purposely and knowingly throw the game by bussing my partner when not only did they not have a wagon started on them yet, they didn't even have an actual
case
against them yet. I asked GIF to make his case. I added my own case then voted for Vax. And you're claiming I did all this while playing the active scum to their passive scum in order to provide cover for them, only to bus them for literally no reason with zero pressure.

How, in any way, does this win me the game if I'm scum buddies with Vax?

I don't get how it's too far fetched to think you were bussing there? I mean there was never any guarantee for his elimination, meaning you could've just done it to gain distancing points. Ignoring scum bussing scum!Vax all together, I really can't think of another choice for his partner. Leaving the game up to any of those outside the wagon could be too risky for scum!him.

I'm not scumreading you primarily because of Vax, but my sr on him is definitely a contributing factor. I simply don't like how you insisted on limming me and the reasons you used to push the case. It's what I expect scum to do - pursue some lhf whose wagon can easily gain traction while not really scumhunting elsewhere.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:21 am

Post by Rockhopper »

In post 323, Roden wrote:
In post 299, Rockhopper wrote:
In post 298, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 297, Rockhopper wrote:And GIF was bound to explain his reads anyway (5 day solve or whatever)
tbh I wasn't gonna until I remembered that this is a newbie game and thus I should play more constructively
Point being ppl were gonna push even if he didn't.
I've been one of like three people trying to push for more reads in a nine player game. I don't get why I do this as scum in what was at the time a low activity slow game. Can you explain why scum sees little gameplay going on but then practically begs for people to post more?
To appear active for town points, maybe?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:51 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I’m not liking that my non-townreads are keep going under the radar.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:53 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

And we’re running out of time so

Intent to hammer
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:52 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vaxkiller has been prodded.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:09 am

Post by T3 »

In post 330, GuyInFreezer wrote:And we’re running out of time so

Intent to hammer
We're not limming Vax. VOTE: GIF
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Roden »

Rock I can't see how there's even a sliver of a chance that you're town now. I gave you a fully detailed explanation and rebuttal with multiple questions, and you basically ignored all of it to just repeat yourself again and push a narrative against me that makes no logical sense. I know I tunneled you but I at least kept hitting the breaks and tried to see how you could be town. Your case against me isn't even a tunnel at this point, you're just trying to brute force suspicion on me without even trying to make it look like it makes sense.

If you're actually town, there's just no way for me to believe it now because of how often you keep arguing in poor faith. Singling me out for doing the exact same things four other people did, and dropping Sang from your scum list even though you were totally convinced they're scum, ultimately just doesn't look good. If you're town, you're 100% throwing this game.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:39 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Oh
Now everything makes sense.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:41 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VOTE: clasko

I will also take Johnny.

Rest are town.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:10 am

Post by T3 »

In post 335, GuyInFreezer wrote:VOTE: clasko

I will also take Johnny.

Rest are town.
[visible confusion]
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:39 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Epiphany happened
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:42 am

Post by T3 »

I vote you for voting Vax... then you unvote vax.

Convenient timing.
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by sang froid »

T3 we're having words about you handled this afterwards

VOTE: johnny
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by sang froid »

@T3 I think this is actually +town for GiF but I won't explain today, sorry

but I think it makes more sense to spare him and go in his SRs BoP style
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 340, sang froid wrote:@T3 I think this is actually +town for GiF but I won't explain today, sorry

but I think it makes more sense to spare him and go in his SRs BoP style
The mysterious mind of guyinfreezer....
UNVOTE: gif
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by sang froid »

I think it's quite compelling and it really doesn't make sense for scum!him to push vax given it

so okay cool

this is actually making me wonder if I should reconsider rockhopper or not

Johnny/clasko isn't a bad pool I guess, although I don't feel so strongly on clasko

Johnny dipping his head in and then... still not doing anything ain't great
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

In post 337, GuyInFreezer wrote:Epiphany happened
What's the epiphany??? Why'd all these votes start flying around to begin with?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by T3 »

I have no idea.
I'll reread.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Roden »

What the hell just happened?

Why are we voting Johnny now???

Like I get Sang's point that Johnny still hasn't said anything despite us now being two days past his VLA. And he is definitely still top 3 likely to be scum at this point. But he's also said literally nothing incriminating. Vax isn't even bothering to defend themself anymore.

What exactly makes the sudden switch to Johnny compelling?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Roden »

And no, I'm still not putting my vote on Clasko unless we have a Cop and they flat out give us a guilty verdict. Or if Clasko scum slips. I genuinely don't understand the suspicion on him.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Roden »

I just don't get it. Vax got prodded and still hasn't posted. Why aren't they defending themself here if they thought they should be seen as obvious town? It honestly just looks like they gave up.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Roden »

I don't like how sharply GIF is reversing course on Vax the moment we actually try to wagon them. I don't know if I just can't understand GIF's thought process, or if he's just pushing names and seeing who bites.

I don't trust GIF, but Sang trusts him, and I kinda trust Sang, so this just feels conflicting to me. GIF's case against Vax made me feel better about my own read on Vax, but now he's just tossing that all out over...what? I literally don't know why Vax is suddenly town.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Roden »

GIF and Rock, both of you make me want to drink.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”