Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 152, DrippingGoofball wrote:Bell is scum.
Wanna hit me with some details?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cupcake Butterfly
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:41 am

Post by Cupcake Butterfly »

In post 109, Dannflor wrote:
In post 107, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 79, OkaPoka wrote:president dann rolled scum oh no!
vote me :(
In post 112, OkaPoka wrote:well as mechanical talk has so evidently pointed out this setup is very very hard to win for town without proper leashing, we still need good reads to win, but good reads are not enough. we need good leashes as well as otherwise there is simply too much room for scum to force a win.
In post 113, OkaPoka wrote:HURT: dannflor best i can do
In post 117, Dannflor wrote:
In post 112, OkaPoka wrote:well as mechanical talk has so evidently pointed out this setup is very very hard to win for town without proper leashing, we still need good reads to win, but good reads are not enough. we need good leashes as well as otherwise there is simply too much room for scum to force a win.
do you think it's possible to efficiently get good reads in a game where we aren't allowed to vote?

I feel like you should know such a plan either scum sides the day play or is just doomed to fail
I like this snippet of conversation from both parties.

Dann is trying to find a logical explanation for Oka's lack of initiative, but he's not applying pressure either to shove Oka into an offensive stance or punish Oka for a read he doesn't like.

Dann continuing to discuss his view of the setup strategy is in good faith, and Oka is reading a lot into his votes and what that implies for town later; it reads more cautious rather than self-conscious.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:49 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.4

TargetWagon
Gamma Emerald
(4)
FakeGod (), Bell (), Hypothermia (), Qoobee ()
Dusa
(1)
Gamma Emerald ()
Hypothermia
(1)
Dannflor ()
Bingle
(1)
Yuri Gagarin ()
Not Voting
(10)
Bingle, OkaPoka, Save The Dragons, GuiltyLion, Cupcake Butterfly, Dusa, DrippingGoofball, Solo, UNOwen, LavarManos

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to eliminate. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-06-25 19:26:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Solo
Solo
Townie
Solo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:01 am

Post by Solo »

GAMMA EMERALD's probably town for an annoyance-vote on DUSA and then openly admitting it's there because he's annoyed at the gimmick, rather than faking a jabbernut reason
Solo
Solo
Townie
Solo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:09 am

Post by Solo »

VOTE: YURI
Solo
Solo
Townie
Solo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:17 am

Post by Solo »

I forgot how stimulating mafia can be, I have so many thoughts running around in my head but putting them into words is a different matter entirely. Voicing the reads without the reasons is probably enough though it would pain my past self

Bell - town
Oka - town
Solo
Solo
Townie
Solo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:19 am

Post by Solo »

In post 156, Bingle wrote:The breaking strategy oka got from me is probably breaking, yes. It’s also incredibly unfun and I’d rather not use it. I also don’t townread oka for suggesting it because I am in the game and the strategy was not hard to find.

I would like to do two slight optimizations: 1 the consensus towniest player is the hammerer. 2 players who are likely to be eliminated be off wagon.
This is the best compromise

A win while having fun is more rewarding than a win where you play sudoku using a chess engine
Cupcake Butterfly
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:36 am

Post by Cupcake Butterfly »

In post 182, Solo wrote:I forgot how stimulating mafia can be, I have so many thoughts running around in my head but putting them into words is a different matter entirely. Voicing the reads without the reasons is probably enough though it would pain my past self

Bell - town
Oka - town
I have a similar vex. I've adopted the mentality of explaining mostly when an explanation is asked of me, or so, that's a passive style I want to assume more.

As for setup spec, I think limiting the wagons people are on to 2 or 3 maximum is a way to minimize the risk of blocking and parking.
- This forces scum to either block together to a few central hoods or spread out and lose hood power.
- This gives town more breathing room - it almost ensures majority of town across most, if not all of the hoods, even in the event of repeated mislims.

If we truly are having an even-distribution of players among every neighborhood, even if we don't have a 6th hood (assuming everybody votes), most players will only be at 2 neighborhoods with this approach.

But this is my shot at the mech discussion, and likely only. I think spending more time than not on mech strategy is a distraction.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:03 am

Post by UNOwen »

Hello everyone.

VOTE: Cupcake Butterfly
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:03 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 182, Solo wrote:I forgot how stimulating mafia can be, I have so many thoughts running around in my head but putting them into words is a different matter entirely. Voicing the reads without the reasons is probably enough though it would pain my past self

Bell - town
Oka - town
Why Oka?
Solo
Solo
Townie
Solo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Solo »

The lengthy deliberation about optimal strategies and going back and forth between various angles. Scum can setupspec for sure but it's harder to fake the enthusiasm Oka was showing when he was jotting down all of his thoughts on the setup

What do you think?
Solo
Solo
Townie
Solo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:27 am

Post by Solo »

In post 184, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:

Bell - town
Oka - town
I have a similar vex. I've adopted the mentality of explaining mostly when an explanation is asked of me, or so, that's a passive style I want to assume more.

As for setup spec, I think limiting the wagons people are on to 2 or 3 maximum is a way to minimize the risk of blocking and parking.
- This forces scum to either block together to a few central hoods or spread out and lose hood power.
- This gives town more breathing room - it almost ensures majority of town across most, if not all of the hoods, even in the event of repeated mislims.

If we truly are having an even-distribution of players among every neighborhood, even if we don't have a 6th hood (assuming everybody votes), most players will only be at 2 neighborhoods with this approach.

But this is my shot at the mech discussion, and likely only. I think spending more time than not on mech strategy is a distraction.
Just checking if I understand correctly; do you mean we should restrain the amount of hoods each player can live in?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 134, Hypothermia wrote:
In post 130, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 124, Hypothermia wrote:
In post 122, Gamma Emerald wrote:Because hopefully that will make it stop
Okay.

Why should it stop?
Because it’s annoying and will make them harder to read
Okay.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

I find it scummy that you voted someone who only expressed a want to vote you and not someone on your wagon who actually went through with it. Voting someone who didn't commit yet feels like a bullying tactic (not in a social manner, mind you, but it is a bit rude) to keep them away.

That, and justifying it like you are is weak.
This is a reachy vote, Gamma's explanations/justifications for why he voted Dusa (to stop the gimmick) came after you directly asked him about it. The last sentence is not clear to me whether you would expect a town!Gamma to have
better
reasons for voting or that a town!Gamma
wouldn't
have justified it. If the former, that's uncharitable given the game just started and Dusa really hasn't given much to work with, and if the latter, that's _extremely_ uncharitable because you were specifically prompting him to justify it.

I also disagree with your argument that it's scummy to vote someone who isn't voting you yet there, but I'm not sure whether that point is relevant. However he did clearly state that he wanted the gimmick to stop, and it feels to me like you're inventing some other motivation for his vote that wasn't there.

VOTE: Hypothermia
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Dann/Solo can you elaborate on your Bell townreads? I don't especially scumread him but I got a vaguely lamist vibe from a number of his early posts and I'm not seeing why one should be confident to shelve him as town this early
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 187, Solo wrote:The lengthy deliberation about optimal strategies and going back and forth between various angles. Scum can setupspec for sure but it's harder to fake the enthusiasm Oka was showing when he was jotting down all of his thoughts on the setup

What do you think?
Would town be excited to play “Let’s sheep a townread for a literal 2 months”?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i actually like hypothermia's vote on gamma. gamma's vote against the gimmick feels a little forced
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:56 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Default townread bell trust me, if hes scum he historically becomes very obvious and with a setup like this u just gotta put faith
LavarManos
LavarManos
Goon
LavarManos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:09 am

Post by LavarManos »

In post 95, Bell wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Third wagon vote is best vote.
In post 136, Bell wrote:Yes, that was a serious case of projection right there, but on the other hand, maybe that was the joke?
It is a little suspicious to me that Bell seems to be playing both sides...
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: gamma emerald
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:14 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 187, Solo wrote:The lengthy deliberation about optimal strategies and going back and forth between various angles. Scum can setupspec for sure but it's harder to fake the enthusiasm Oka was showing when he was jotting down all of his thoughts on the setup

What do you think?
My assumption is that someone who gets enthused by mechanics talk would probably be comfortable with it as either alignment. I don't think his posts have been very telling so far.

Why the Yuri vote?
Yuri Gagarin
Yuri Gagarin
Goon
Yuri Gagarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Yuri Gagarin »

probably a dweeb who thinks that "astronaut" is a better term than "cosmonaut"
Yuri Gagarin
Yuri Gagarin