OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

my thoughts on mechanics are illformed because theoretically you'd have to simulate the game to really figure it out BUT

to avoid the 6th neighborhood and simulatenously negate the influence of a lot of the scummier slots, you'd want to throw them in the largest neighborhood possible because the scummiests slots by design are going to contain more scum so there is just less buffer. i feel like dispersing scummy players within each neighborhood makes the game much harder as well because it requires more effort during neighborhood eliminations to need to balance hitting scum and making sure each neighborhood is well groomed. a good neighborhood should come last i think to be arranged, i agree, but i think if we just let things play out naturally there might be a chance that we just are going to hit a crossroads where like say d3, there are like a decent chunk of scummy players in a neighborhood already and not in a neighborhood and then we have to come to terms with the idea that there are just going to be two designated bad neighborhoods rather than 1 we are going to purge from. basically what im trying to get at is doing work now will result in less work later i think and if we can't handle mech talk at the simplest stage then untangling to complicated web later when we have to make hard decisions is going to be much rougher because scum, well, can lie and there a lot of people who simply don't care about mechanics and i imagine that politics would be pretty bad if a lot of people simply did not put the effort in understanding policies i mean that'd be so silly right guys haha

of course my plan assumes that people's towniness and scumminess are relatively static. which i think is an accurate way of viewing nightless games but ymmv
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The first hood is the first to shoot so if possible we should make that one the mostly-good one
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i dont think order matters too much because neighborhoods can simply be asked to no vote. and if they do vote esp strangely and outside some defined guidelines we just completely nuke the neighborhood
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 545, Yuri Gagarin wrote:so the handwaveyness is maybe what's bothering me here rather than him like, examining further whether he thinks hypo is doing what he says he thinks scum often try to do re inventing narratives/motivations
I can see where you're coming from here

the thing is they openly admitted to doing the thing I thought scum is more likely to do which kinda disarmed me and also removes any direction for further interrogation. I may revisit this and think more about it but at the time it was kinda like "you invented motivation that wasn't there, scum use that to push fake reads", "yes I did invent motivation, that's scumhunting I think", and there wasn't really much more I wanted to probe beyond that, at least not at that moment. And it was easier to imagine her posting what she posted as town, which was the main original sticking point.

knowing that alt is Ydrasse now I'm a little less certain what to make of it because she's got a lot of finesse as scum... but at the time it just felt honest to me and I think regardless of her alignment I wasn't gonna be able to pull anything more from her on that point because we both agreed on the reality of what she was doing
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

@GuiltyLion

You think that one's reads should perfectly align with the reads of one's townreads?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Idk if this is actually valid but iirc I’m actually not bad at reading scum!ydrasse
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

okay i think if we play this like a normal game ish, we should go until like 3 days are left until deadline, and then pick the highest wagon to agree to lim and then deliberate whether we want to leash the votes on the highest wagon in which case ill start voting i guess
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 754, DrippingGoofball wrote:@GuiltyLion

You think that one's reads should perfectly align with the reads of one's townreads?
nope, didn't say that. I do think if someone has expressed exactly one (1) scumread, there is something off in thinking that they are most likely to be town and yet that their scumread is also town.

I could possibly understand it if there was some effort to engage with you to change your mind or to understand your read. Absent either, I'm left wondering why they are townreading both slots and why they don't seem to care about disagreeing with you.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: yuri gagarin

I think this is the best vote to be honest. Dann's not a bad vote either but I don't know how much I like the fact that two of the people im not too swell on are voting dann as well. I think Yuri shutting down mech talk but also claiming to want to sheep a townread on mech talk later is a bit contradictory in the sense that the latter I feel is more something you say to look townie and justify yourself afterwards and for whatever reason, shutting down mech talk and wanting to do so is something ive seen scum do so
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i lost myself in the train of thought but the specific reason why i think its contradictory is that someone who shuts down mech talk is not someone who claims to will sheep someone else's mech plan later i think. i think you just ignore mech talk in that case.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

conveniently in my catchup I now have an example, I think Solo is still more likely town, but I disagree with a fair amount of this readslist and as a result I have questions about it
In post 619, Solo wrote:Granting myself unlimited word count for read lists

Town:

Gamma
UNOwen
Bell
Qoobee
Oka
Save Dragons

Town?:

Yuri
Dusa
Dannflor
Guiltylion
Cupcake Butterfly

Scum?:

FakeGod
Bingle

Scum:

DGB
Hypothermia
Lavar
Solo - why Qoobee/Dragons town, and why DGB scum?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTE: Yuri
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

dgb are you sheeping me because im townie, or you like what i said, or you have other reasons to think yuri is scum, or you just want to get the ball moving, or are you going to decline to comment because you have bigger brain reasons
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.24

TargetWagon
Yuri Gagarin
(3)
Bell (), OkaPoka (), DrippingGoofball ()
Save The Dragons
(2)
Bingle (), Qoobee ()
Dannflor
(2)
Yuri Gagarin (), Solo ()
Solo
(1)
Dusa ()
LavarManos
(1)
FakeGod ()
FakeGod
(1)
Gamma Emerald ()
Cupcake Butterfly
(1)
UNOwen ()
Qoobee
(1)
Save The Dragons ()
Hypothermia
(1)
Dannflor ()
Not Voting
(6)
Cupcake Butterfly, LavarManos, Hypothermia (), GuiltyLion ()

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to eliminate. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-06-25 19:26:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Depressed about this game.

I'll just do whatever is convenient for the town. UNVOTE:
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

sorry to hear that fakegod : (
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Gamma scumflip will probably energize me but I have no idea if that's going to happen or is even possible.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i dont know if this will make you feel better but its just 1 out of 17 players
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by FakeGod »

You know how you get into a fight with a player and every time you return to thread, that's all you see?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 760, GuiltyLion wrote:conveniently in my catchup I now have an example, I think Solo is still more likely town, but I disagree with a fair amount of this readslist and as a result I have questions about it
In post 619, Solo wrote:Granting myself unlimited word count for read lists

Town:

Gamma
UNOwen
Bell
Qoobee
Oka
Save Dragons

Town?:

Yuri
Dusa
Dannflor
Guiltylion
Cupcake Butterfly

Scum?:

FakeGod
Bingle

Scum:

DGB
Hypothermia
Lavar
Solo - why Qoobee/Dragons town, and why DGB scum?
I’ve also asserted Qoobee is town, why did you not ask me about it?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m really sorry dude
I’ll try to be more civil, would you like to take the conversation from the top?
<Embrace The Void>

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 768, FakeGod wrote:You know how you get into a fight with a player and every time you return to thread, that's all you see?
yeah... unfortunately i do
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m actually starting to have fun this game but I don’t want that to be at the expense of someone else’s enjoyment
<Embrace The Void>

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ok, I am all caught up and about to bounce for bar trivia. I'll try to check in a little later tonight

as for reads, I think Bell and Bingle are my two strongest, I would trust them today. I also townread Dann fairly strongly as well and don't really understand why he started getting suspicion when he did, I need to take a closer look at that again later.

My lighter townreads are some collection of Gamma, UNOwen, Solo, Dusa, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong on any one of these slots but I think they've actively been more town on average.

I'm thoroughly ambivalent on Hypo, FakeGod, DGB, Lavar, Oka, I don't really have great reasons or inclinations either way on those slots. DGB I could see as town due to some mind melding on a few townreads but it's not beyond the range of skilled scum. Oka felt a lot worse to me up until that recent Yuri vote, that's a fairly spicy and well-reasoned vote and I like it.

Null to scum would be Cupcake, Qoobee, Dragons, Yuri. There's some LHF in this group but at the same time I have no reason to townread them. Odds are a couple are town and I'm off in evaluating the other players in the game, but these would be wagons I'm happy to vote on as it stands

VOTE: Yuri
I think Oka made a great point about the inconsistency in attitude towards mech talk, I also think jumping in to argue with Bingle about mech talk also feels strange given they claimed to not be interested in it. I don't grok why they suspect Dann or are voting there. I also don't really love their explanation of the suspicion on me but frankly I gotta go and don't have time to collect my thoughts and express them neatly yet, will do that when I return but I do want to push this wagon along
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 91, FakeGod wrote:
In post 85, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4, OkaPoka wrote:im legit so hyped rn like ive never been so excited to lose omg omg omg omg omg
Wut

VOTE: FakeGod
I don’t think I’ve seen you as a player ever, this’ll be new for me!
we kill this first

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
What was your original issue with this post?
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”