Mini Normal 2216 | Screaming | Post-game!

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:46 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 974, Seanzie wrote:
In post 970, boxxy wrote:"That's not why I'm scum, I bussed my partner so I deserve towncred."
If you can't see that Cyrus' reaction to me calling him a wolf was genuine, you need to get your eyes check.
See I can't believe that. Cyrus is not that kind of player. He's actually not that bad of an actor and he's legitimately distanced with his
entire team within his first few posts in previous games.

He also reacted ultra weirdly to you insisting to ask for reads and it felt so fake that it was at that point I started pushing him, and it wouldn't actually surprise me this could have been something scum!you would have planned out with him in a scum pt.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:50 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 971, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 588, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 344, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:While I am confident most of this wagon is comprised of town I feel strongly that at least one of Cyrus and Salsa are scum
Fot the argument's sake, assuming
cyrus62
is the town between us, how it makes me scum to you?
Like this is the post that gives the most explanation as to why Kyouko was killed.
If Salsabil went into this game with the intent of hard bussing Cyrus, a player that has this kind of read could be a real threat.
I legitimately could see Salsabil being scum here. This aligns with what I would expect out of a player like her rolling scum.
VOTE: Salsabil
Maybe this makes more sense. I've seen some townie posts in Sean's iso, particularly his colored wallposts felt like real town tryharding at the time.
This could be it. I'll take a look at it.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 975, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 974, Seanzie wrote:
In post 970, boxxy wrote:"That's not why I'm scum, I bussed my partner so I deserve towncred."
If you can't see that Cyrus' reaction to me calling him a wolf was genuine, you need to get your eyes check.
See I can't believe that. Cyrus is not that kind of player. He's actually not that bad of an actor and he's legitimately distanced with his
entire team within his first few posts in previous games.

He also reacted ultra weirdly to you insisting to ask for reads and it felt so fake that it was at that point I started pushing him, and it wouldn't actually surprise me this could have been something scum!you would have planned out with him in a scum pt.
But like... there is a difference between distancing and literally causing someone to out. Like, when you distance, both players try to make themselves look good by looking solvy, and also setting it up in case either one flips. That isn't what happened there. I said something that Cyrus clearly wasn't ready for, and he reacted like a wolf caught for (what he interpreted as) the wrong reasons by town. That isn't distancing.

If anything, you could try to make the case that Cyrus was a planned bus, and so Cyrus intentionally made himself look scummy AF after I called him a wolf, but that takes some mental gymnastics, and would be unnecessary FPS to start that in the first few posts.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 977, Seanzie wrote:I said something that Cyrus clearly wasn't ready for, and he reacted like a wolf caught for (what he interpreted as) the wrong reasons by town. That isn't distancing.
If that's the case then why didn't you mention any of this yesterday when this happened?
All I see is that you apologized to him.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

By the way I actually hope in the back of my head that my wild theory about these 3 being scums together is real because that would mean this post is pretty funny :P
In post 120, nomnomnom wrote:ftr I still think that there might be scum in the Sean/Salsabil/Cyrus trio, those interactions have a hint of "blunder" to them if that makes sense
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 344, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:While I am confident most of this wagon is comprised of town I feel strongly that at least one of Cyrus and Salsa are scum
cyrus62
Like this is the post that gives the most explanation as to why Kyouko was killed.
If Salsabil went into this game with the intent of hard bussing Cyrus, a player that has this kind of read could be a real threat.
I legitimately could see Salsabil being scum here. This aligns with what I would expect out of a player like her rolling scum.
Maybe this makes more sense. I've seen some townie posts in Sean's iso, particularly his colored wallposts felt like real town tryharding at the time.
Salsabil's latest scum game (and short enough too)

Also, I don't see what you're saying. ssbm said at least one of them is scum (implies both could be), but she responds with "assuming cyrus62 is the town between us, how it makes me scum to you?" which assumes cyrus town and doesn't account for his actual flip. It's not like she said "how can I be scum if he flips scum?"

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 980, Almost50 wrote:
cyrus62
Salsabil's latest scum game (and short enough too)

Also, I don't see what you're saying. ssbm said at least one of them is scum (implies both could be), but she responds with "assuming cyrus62 is the town between us, how it makes me scum to you?" which assumes cyrus town and doesn't account for his actual flip. It's not like she said "how can I be scum if he flips scum?"
I'm saying I am at least 90% sure that there is a busser in Salsabil and Sean and that it's kind of weird to make a post like that when there was no partnership mention before from Kyouko.
It makes the most sense in this gamestate. In a world where boxxy is town, the fact that both me and monkey survived (two players who have pushed the hardest to lim the slot) and that kyouko didn't (one of boxxy's defender) is also another good reason to NK there. I just think it makes the most sense.
I'll also be honest here and say that we're entering in the part of the game where I second and triple doubt myself and add a bunch of people to my suspect list and that usually makes me go nuts. I like to imagine the question "if I was vig, where would I shoot here?" and the question is always in Salsabil, Sean and boxxy. So I want to push there.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I can "partially" put your mind at ease here .. I think. Remember TM2020. 'nough said ;)

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

I'll ask the same from you A50 that I asked to monkey. Do me a favor and ISO the two, and tell me who you think is scummiest, or if you think one of them is more likely to be town, feel free to point at those posts too.
pedit: I remember well which is why I have the "play like a vig/venge" philosophy :P
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I won't be doing any ISOing today. Remind me tomorrow

But totally off the top of my mind, Seanzie should have done the kill if he was Scum, because he was first to SR cyrus and first to put a serious vote on him.

Like, I think we should look for someone who was quite unlikely to be checked by the Detective to have carried out last night's kill, and then try to ISO them against cyrus

Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 978, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 977, Seanzie wrote:I said something that Cyrus clearly wasn't ready for, and he reacted like a wolf caught for (what he interpreted as) the wrong reasons by town. That isn't distancing.
If that's the case then why didn't you mention any of this yesterday when this happened?
All I see is that you apologized to him.
In the post that I apologized to him, I literally called him scum? Dude was apparently getting super angry, and in the off chance that it was real and not just AtE, I wasn't going to hard push him, because this is a game that is supposed to be fun.

Like, if you don't see it by now, nothing I can say at this point is going to change your mind.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 984, Almost50 wrote:I won't be doing any ISOing today. Remind me tomorrow

But totally off the top of my mind, Seanzie should have done the kill if he was Scum, because he was first to SR cyrus and first to put a serious vote on him.

Like, I think we should look for someone who was quite unlikely to be checked by the Detective to have carried out last night's kill, and then try to ISO them against cyrus
Why do you think Boxxy is town?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 984, Almost50 wrote:Like, I think we should look for someone who was quite unlikely to be checked by the Detective to have carried out last night's kill, and then try to ISO them against cyrus
The literal only townread boxxy ever gave was on Seanzie. Do you see where I'm going with this? :P
Boxxy's iso contains not much of substance which could potentially put scums in a weird position if he's town, because his only reads were that there was scum in {me, salsabil, HEM and Dwlee}, and seanzie town. That's the only info scums would be working with in that world.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Which makes it all the weirder that boxxy checked Sean, by the by. And why I still think it's very possible boxxy is not town.
There's a method to the madness you know.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 986, Seanzie wrote:
In post 984, Almost50 wrote:I won't be doing any ISOing today. Remind me tomorrow

Counter question: How many PRs do you think Town has?

Also here's a hint: Did you know Open Setups that allow Mafia to pick their own roles/modifications start with 2 TPRs and then one more for each Scum PR selected? Example: Stack The Deck. Also if Scum are allowed to pick TOWN powers then Town starts with THREE TPRs vs 3 Goons. Example: Pick Your Poison

Now please keep that in mind when you try to guess how many PRs this Town has.

Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Seanzie »

humaneatingmonkey

nomnomnom

Kerset
MaxTheFox
Bambi Jay
Dwlee99

T3

Salsabil Faria
boxxy
Almost50

Seanzie
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Nom: We can do Seanzie then, and give boxxy another night. If you're right we have them both. If you're wrong we don't lose the TPR today.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 990, Seanzie wrote:
humaneatingmonkey

nomnomnom

Kerset
MaxTheFox
Bambi Jay
Dwlee99

T3

Salsabil Faria
boxxy
Almost50

Seanzie

Can you explain this readlist, please?? Mainly, why is your name at the very bottom??

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

The way Boxxy answered to people thinking that targeting Sean n1 was a horrible play is also weird. You'd think someone who is a PR and is told their target is a horrible choice would give a reasoning as to why they targeted Sean here. But that's not how he answered the question at all, and he actually still hasn't addressed that.
A likely explanation for this move is that scums could know Sean's role through a PR and whatnot, and claim something that is easily confirmed by town!sean.
The answer is in Sean/Salsabil/Boxxy. I am 100% convinced of this. To me it's a matter of where the scum is more likely to be, and where we gain the more information.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 989, Almost50 wrote:
In post 986, Seanzie wrote:

Counter question: How many PRs do you think Town has?

Also here's a hint: Did you know Open Setups that allow Mafia to pick their own roles/modifications start with 2 TPRs and then one more for each Scum PR selected? Example: Stack The Deck. Also if Scum are allowed to pick TOWN powers then Town starts with THREE TPRs vs 3 Goons. Example: Pick Your Poison

Now please keep that in mind when you try to guess how many PRs this Town has.
You refuse to answer my questions, but you expect me to answer yours? I'm willing to engage with you in an equal-exchange discussion, but so far you don't seem willing to do that.

This question also could be rolefishing, so sorry, not biting. Answer my questions. Once you do that, I might be willing to answer one of yours.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 992, Almost50 wrote:
humaneatingmonkey

nomnomnom

Kerset
MaxTheFox
Bambi Jay
Dwlee99

T3

Salsabil Faria
boxxy
Almost50

Seanzie

Can you explain this readlist, please?? Mainly, why is your name at the very bottom??
That's where I always put my name, in nice dark black. The first time I did it was to see if scum would jump on it as a chance to try to shade me for it. To date, you are the first person to ask about it and uh... I don't feel good about you.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 993, nomnomnom wrote:The way Boxxy answered to people thinking that targeting Sean n1 was a horrible play is also weird. You'd think someone who is a PR and is told their target is a horrible choice would give a reasoning as to why they targeted Sean here. But that's not how he answered the question at all, and he actually still hasn't addressed that.
A likely explanation for this move is that scums could know Sean's role through a PR and whatnot, and claim something that is easily confirmed by town!sean.
The answer is in Sean/Salsabil/Boxxy. I am 100% convinced of this. To me it's a matter of where the scum is more likely to be, and where we gain the more information.
How are you clearing Almost50? If he is telling the truth about his role, he literally nerfed himself completely since the second scum can just shoot tonight, and then he is just VT. He doesn't look like a novice, so it makes no sense him doing that as town.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 996, Seanzie wrote:How are you clearing Almost50?
Who said I did? :P
While you are here, I'm actually curious
humaneatingmonkey

nomnomnom

Kerset
MaxTheFox
Bambi Jay
Dwlee99

T3

Salsabil Faria
boxxy
Almost50

Seanzie
I wanna know why you isolated T3 there.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

Eh, I'm going to sleep/offline now, and I'll read more when I wake up. But yeah this day turned out well. I lied and got it out of my system this game so now I can focus on solving.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 997, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 996, Seanzie wrote:How are you clearing Almost50?
Who said I did? :P
While you are here, I'm actually curious
humaneatingmonkey

nomnomnom

Kerset
MaxTheFox
Bambi Jay
Dwlee99

T3

Salsabil Faria
boxxy
Almost50

Seanzie
I wanna know why you isolated T3 there.
T3 has done very little, and has done nothing that has made me think that he is town, whereas I have had at least some good feelings about everyone above T3. On the other hand, he has done so little that I also couldn't really make a case that he is scum, but everyone below him I can point to specific things that make them >rand!scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”