Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Can yall please not do anything rash until tomorrow, was a little alarming that even while I was typing that Cupcake picked up another vote.

Anyway it's 2am here, ta ta for now but will be back when I said.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1122, Gamma Emerald wrote:Genuine question as I can't remember any time you have.
I did. I -at least- played him 2 back-to-back games, but I think it was even 3 consecutive/overlapping games

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Cupcake Butterfly
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:02 am

Post by Cupcake Butterfly »

In post 1102, Dusa wrote:With that said, CB's "I need help to get into a 40 page game that's been open for a week" doesn't jive with me as coming from town who has played with more than half the list, so my vote remains there atm. I'm townreading everyone who has posted more content than me with the exception of the Solo50 slot, and of those I'm weakest on Dusa.
I think you should change your expectations of me. I've never digressed my level of familiarity or strength in reading the various people I've hinted at playing with. Plus, this alt is almost MEANT for finding a new playstyle and tone for myself, so I'm not thinking about Mafia the same way I did when I played often on my main.

And I don't think meta is usually reliable, and even if I did have a meta rulebook for anyone with high accuracy, it borders on violating site rules in extreme cases.

It doesn't ring as sincere for you or others to place a high expectation of my readability because
that makes it easy for town and scum alike to assess my alignment on the ability to read the game, not my behavior.

In post 1100, Dannflor wrote:@CB, who is scum?
I am reluctant to list anyone on my wagon until the game almost or has completed, but here is where my brain is going: {Dusa, UNOwen, Oka, Bell, Lavar} is my pool currently.
But to pretense this, I don't believe my wagon is full of scum, maybe 2 maximum.
In post 1113, Almost50 wrote:@Cupcake: I'd like to assert I don't drink and/or do drugs at all. However, after reading your I feel like doing either or both (whichever you've done to help you produce that post)
I don't need substances. ;)
In post 1115, OkaPoka wrote:is it bad that the person who is popping up in my head as cupcake is a banned user
Nope.
Hint: My main has NEVER even received a warning or been banned.

In post 1116, OkaPoka wrote:im like ok with yuri/cupcake/guiltylion wagons

not apathetic but also i just want to observe because all outcomes are ok for me
I don't like the complacency here. Unless you believe all 3 wagons are majority of the scum team, why aren't you trying to deduce what could be a mislim or challenge wagons that you may not think is as strong, or at the very least, the reasons of an individual?
In post 1118, Gamma Emerald wrote: ...?
What's the end goal of this? What made you think/want to do this?
Funsies, engagement, manic-like behavior?

No, but really, this game isn't about me having NO scumreads, it's about me having SHITTY scumreads - by my standard.

It's D1 in a large, I'm much more likely to find town with greater confidence than I am scum.

Also, just because I'd be inclined to vote, is NOT quite motive enough for me to do so in this game's mechanic.

I don't need to explain the wagon/hood correlation. I want to see how a wagon forms to help me ultimately decide the player's alignment. Even without this mechanic, I'm not going to vote D1 until I'm confident on where I sit or do not want my unvote to be taken as silence if the deadline draws too near.
In post 1123, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: cupcake butterfly
got townpings from Fenrir in some posts I saw quoted by A50, and I want in on CB's game so I'm moving there
:twisted:
In post 1125, GuiltyLion wrote:Can yall please not do anything rash until tomorrow, was a little alarming that even while I was typing that Cupcake picked up another vote.

Anyway it's 2am here, ta ta for now but will be back when I said.
When you're in the top 3 hottest wagons in the dayphase, and the two stronger wagons are both players you want to assess for longer period of time, I doubt you have much of a survivalist bone in your body.

Without actually reading majority of GuiltyLion's ISO, I feel good townleaning them a based off this principle.
Cupcake Butterfly
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:04 am

Dannflor, give me a Cupcake Butterfly picture and a guess on my main so you can grill me more!

Cupcake Butterfly
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:05 am

In post 1127, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:
In post 1081, Dusa wrote:With that said, CB's "I need help to get into a 40 page game that's been open for a week" doesn't jive with me as coming from town who has played with more than half the list, so my vote remains there atm. I'm townreading everyone who has posted more content than me with the exception of the Solo50 slot, and of those I'm weakest on Dusa.
I think you should change your expectations of me. I've never digressed my level of familiarity or strength in reading the various people I've hinted at playing with. Plus, this alt is almost MEANT for finding a new playstyle and tone for myself, so I'm not thinking about Mafia the same way I did when I played often on my main.

And I don't think meta is usually reliable, and even if I did have a meta rulebook for anyone with high accuracy, it borders on violating site rules in extreme cases.

It doesn't ring as sincere for you or others to place a high expectation of my readability because
that makes it easy for town and scum alike to assess my alignment on the ability to read the game, not my behavior.
Oh wait, this is Bingle's post that Dusa quoted, wanted to clarify this for readers.
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:55 am

Post by Dusa »

In post 1129, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:
In post 1127, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:
In post 1081, Dusa wrote:With that said, CB's "I need help to get into a 40 page game that's been open for a week" doesn't jive with me as coming from town who has played with more than half the list, so my vote remains there atm. I'm townreading everyone who has posted more content than me with the exception of the Solo50 slot, and of those I'm weakest on Dusa.

Oh wait, this is Bingle's post that Dusa quoted, wanted to clarify this for readers.
Nope! Too late! You made an earnest attempt to make people think that I called you bad, then said I think I am good because I post more than myself!
Eheeeheeeheeheeehee!
Hades will now punish you because bad record keeping is his favorite reason to dunk people in the Styx.
Eheeeheeeheeheeehee!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:02 am

Post by Dusa »

It looks like the people who posted since Gamma Emerald's last spree are Cupcake Butterfly and Almost50!
I think that spree is so bad that people who did not vote him for it are likely to also be bad!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:03 am

Post by Dusa »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:06 am

Post by Dusa »

Spoiler:
In post 1118, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1064, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:Oh,
lovely

Maybe
threatening to fade my existence will be the motivation I need to participate.

I'll confirm that I have no solid scumreads because I've read less than the first 20 pages of the game, even less with critical thought. Larges are not
my kink
what I thought I could keep up with.

To make this fun, I'd love to invite my opportunistic wagoners to a game!

The Wheel of Speech!

Here's how the game works...

Everybody on this wheel is assigned a number between 1 and 5 in clockwise order: Bingle as number 1, FakeGod, DrippingGoofball, Dannflor, and then Almost50 as number 5.

I will pick a number between 1 and 5 arbitrarily (you'll have to take my word for it, I don't know how to do the random number thingamajig in the forum text.) The person who's number I picked has several options:

1. Pick a person in the playerlist for me to personally ISO
and give tons of feedback on.
2. Force me to answer any question you have through a diagram
involving my reads, thoughts on the gamestate, or a reaction to YOUR commentary on anything. (Yes, the diagram may still have words attached.)
3. Pass...
You forgo your turn of participation, and I will continue to the next number I draw.
4. Deflect...
This is functionally like Pass, but you MUST choose ANOTHER player on the Wheel for them to enact their turn. If someone deflects to you though, you can still choose to pass.

You only get
ONE
turn until you're eliminated from the Wheel. So make sure you know what you want to do! :D

Yes, new players can still join the Wheel by
VOTING
me
BEFOR
E I get to the
LAST
player on the wheel. You will be counted into the wheel the following time at which I bring up the wheel again.

But Cupcake Butterfly! THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? I want to do MORE than one thing on my turn!

What if I wanted Cupcake to ISO MULTIPLE players at once?
What if I wanted Cupcake to answer MULTIPLE questions with a diagram?
What if I wanted Deflect to another player on Wheel AND force that crooked MF Cupcake to spew?

There is an
EASY
way to do so!
Just guess who my
MAIN
account is!! Any guess of who my main is will do!
You
ALL
have a good chance to figure out my main account! After all... I've played with 10 of you before
THAT I KNOW OF
... over half of which with multiple games.
I'm not a stranger.
;)

Here's An Example How This Game Works With ALL Mechanics In Play

Cupcake:
Number 3.

DrippingGoofball:
PASS.

Cupcake:
Number 1

Bingle:
Deflect! Dannflor!

Dannflor:
I hate all of you. 1. ISO OkaPoka.

Cupcake:
*ISOs OkaPoka and gives a very in-depth read.*

OkaPoka:
I hate you, Cupcake.
OkaPoka Votes Cupcake Butterfly For Elimination... Since Numbers 1, 3, and 4 have already been used, the current numbers are: OkaPoka at 1. FakeGod at 2. Almost50 at 5.

Cupcake:
Number 5!

Almost50:
I think you are Zoraster! Number 2... Give me a diagram about x and y.

Cupcake:
GIRL, I WISH. OK, here's my poor artistic ability in full public detail.... Now, number 2!

FakeGod:
Deflect.

OkaPoka:
DAMN IT, FAKEGOD. OK, I think you're NANCY. ISO Gamma Emerald and Bell.

Cupcake:
*ISOs Gamma Emerald and Bell.*

Bell and Gamma Emerald vote Cupcake bringing to L-1, Cupcake is lolhammered. Game over... both due to lim, and because Bell, Gamma Emerald, and random person who voted Cupcake after last player on wheel was picked.

This is all VERY confusing so I can reiterate the rules once again!

But, here we go!

NUMBER ONE: BINGLE, YOU'RE UP!

...?
What's the end goal of this? What made you think/want to do this?
In post 1120, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1081, Bingle wrote:With that said, CB's "I need help to get into a 40 page game that's been open for a week" doesn't jive with me as coming from town who has played with more than half the list, so my vote remains there atm.
Why?
I feel like I've have plenty of times where as town, I've been behind where I really should have been in terms of foothold in the game. I kinda think one game that ended recently functions as a solid example.
In post 1123, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: cupcake butterfly
got townpings from Fenrir in some posts I saw quoted by A50, and I want in on CB's game so I'm moving there

This is an inorganic progression on a slot from a single reading! Hephaestus made this! Gamma Emerald got help from Hephaestus and pretended otherwise!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:08 am

Post by Dusa »

In post 1120, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1081, Bingle wrote:With that said, CB's "I need help to get into a 40 page game that's been open for a week" doesn't jive with me as coming from town who has played with more than half the list, so my vote remains there atm.
Why?
I feel like I've have plenty of times where as town, I've been behind where I really should have been in terms of foothold in the game. I kinda think one game that ended recently functions as a solid example.
I missed a post! This one goes in the middle! I'm sorry! I mess up so much... I'll work late today!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:15 am

Post by Dusa »

The posts are also individually bad! is overly generalized about the concept of falling behind in a game, without applying it to Cupcake's arc! It reeks of already knowing whether Butterfly is bad, skipping to the end on whether the rule itself is good! There is no analysis of whether the the factor that made Gamma Emerald footholdless is present this game! There is only analysis of whether Cupcake's alignment is the same this game!
Ahhh!!
I feel like I feel something stronger than I can put into words! I'm such a bad communicator!!
It really feels like Gamma Emerald read Cupcake's role PM then wrote this post!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:24 am

Post by Dusa »

uses ellipses and a question mark! It ices Cupcake out before asking him a question! This undermines the question! The question is performative!

A human who was good writing this post might write "...?" and nothing else! It looks like Gamma Emerald wrote his human response but then by wrote wanted to add a dutiful due diligence and question about something he had fully decided was stupid because he is supposed to be investigating if he's good!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:31 am

Post by Dusa »

is as dirty as Cerberus's bed!
It ruins charitable readings of where Gamma Emerald just likes Cupcake or something!
It's also a strange way to unvote SaveTheDragons!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Interesting.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:06 am

Post by T3 »

Honestly any site regular not playing the game is probably in here on an alt.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1136, Dusa wrote: uses ellipses and a question mark! It ices Cupcake out before asking him a question! This undermines the question! The question is performative!

A human who was good writing this post might write "...?" and nothing else! It looks like Gamma Emerald wrote his human response but then by wrote wanted to add a dutiful due diligence and question about something he had fully decided was stupid because he is supposed to be investigating if he's good!
This is absolutely correct
But what about it makes me scum?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:12 am

Post by T3 »

I'm liking Dannflor.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1131, Dusa wrote:It looks like the people who posted since Gamma Emerald's last spree are Cupcake Butterfly and Almost50!
I think that spree is so bad that people who did not vote him for it are likely to also be bad!
This post itself looks haphazardly written in a way that doesn’t flow naturally
The logical way to write this is “I think Gamma’s last string of posts was bad, these people are suspect for not thinking the same thing”
I feel like Dusa may be trying to deflect attention from actual scum with this maneuver
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1133, Dusa wrote:This is an inorganic progression on a slot from a single reading! Hephaestus made this! Gamma Emerald got help from Hephaestus and pretended otherwise!
Is Hephaestus representative of anyone in this game?
Also I don’t particularly feel like my progression is as bad as you make it out to be, the second post was made more out of a place of questioning Bingle vs. defending CB
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Once CB flips scum I feel like Dusa should be flipped next
<Embrace The Void>

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:22 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1143, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1133, Dusa wrote:This is an inorganic progression on a slot from a single reading! Hephaestus made this! Gamma Emerald got help from Hephaestus and pretended otherwise!
Is Hephaestus representative of anyone in this game?
Also I don’t particularly feel like my progression is as bad as you make it out to be, the second post was made more out of a place of questioning Bingle vs. defending CB
Hephestus was the greek god of fire? I think. So I think Dusa means you got help in the scum pt with that read?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That was @Dusa specifically
<Embrace The Void>

UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:33 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 1081, Bingle wrote: UNO, what are your thoughts? You're poking but are you actually getting anything from your pokes?
Not particularly, I've mostly been spinning wheels since all three of the players I was interested in stepped back at the same time. Titus was vaguely buddyish, I have a holdover suspicion of her from looking manufactured but that isn't something I can actually pursue any more. Oka's answer was satisfactory or a sign of competent scum who knew the best way of covering his tracks - if his emphasis was on the wagoning, then offhandedly describing votes as "blindly sheeping" without thinking is plausible. I think that most scum players would try to keep track of their own opinions, so STD forgetting his Cupcake read and then forgetting the reason for it seems less likely to be scum. On the other hand if he's the sort of scum player who's very casual and trips himself up then I expect that could be seen from his meta, but that isn't something I'm in a rush to investigate.

More relevant thoughts:
If the Cupcake wagon existed when I was still voting him then I'm not sure I would have left it. That it's only come about now as the counterwagon to Yuri is troubling, it's not as though Cupcake had made further posts since early game. His early posts gave me the vibe that he was looking for things to say, (the novel Oka town lean, delayed confusion over the STD wagon, the random Bell suspicion). There's a decent/good chance that this is because he is scum, it isn't watertight reasoning though. / would be pretty brazen from scum - "I will talk about my thoughts later", "I will still not offer thoughts, any questions?". I guess my main hesitation is that he seems to be sincerely lost in approaching the game, which suggests if he is scum then the scum team is not cohering well at all.

Yuri feels like the better vote right now, for reasons I outlined in . Town can make pushes that are more intended to stir things up but Yuri's calls for a wagon and his "Bingle/Dannflor contains scum" idea gave the impression that this was supposed to be a sincere suspicion, and I don't think that his stated reasons are nearly strong enough to back this up. I was also expecting a response to the more accusatory second part of that post, but didn't get one. I thought it was an alright point.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:50 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 1142, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1131, Dusa wrote:It looks like the people who posted since Gamma Emerald's last spree are Cupcake Butterfly and Almost50!
This post itself looks haphazardly written in a way that doesn’t flow naturally
The logical way to write this is “I think Gamma’s last string of posts was bad, these people are suspect for not thinking the same thing”
I feel like Dusa may be trying to deflect attention from actual scum with this maneuver
Do you think that post is particularly haphazardly written in the context of the rest of Dusa's ISO?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1109, OkaPoka wrote:dann but i thought i townspewed D:
I wound up thinking you were slightly +town for that interaction, but the thing that sticks in mind is that you're just being so passive. Like the only thing you've really done this game that I remember is pushing Yuri, and it's a push I'm not the biggest fan of. I know you just said you're content to be passive because all outcomes are good for you, but that passivity is not something I super associate with town you. Even if you were content to watch where things go I'd kind of expect you to be... poking at something? meming? idk

Can I ask if you still scum read me and if so why?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”