Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1144, Gamma Emerald wrote:Once CB flips scum I feel like Dusa should be flipped next
Gamma, this feels... overly confident
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Dannflor »

I also don't think it's logical that scum!Dusa voting you is a way to protect scum!CB, like your vote wasn't even particularly threatening, it was "I want to join CB's game so I will vote"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

dont @ me
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:36 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

My scumread on CB has softened a bit.

The over-the-top role-playing combined with the lack of game content blew up my scumdar.

But now that I see CB is capable of intelligent discourse, I'd like to see more of it.

UNVOTE: for now, though I am still scumreading the slot. It may be because the player is cornered in a defensive position.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:37 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1152, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

dont @ me
VOTE: Gamma Emerald eh, why not?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:46 am

Post by Dusa »

In post 1140, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1136, Dusa wrote: uses ellipses and a question mark! It ices Cupcake out before asking him a question! This undermines the question! The question is performative!

A human who was good writing this post might write "...?" and nothing else! It looks like Gamma Emerald wrote his human response but then by wrote wanted to add a dutiful due diligence and question about something he had fully decided was stupid because he is supposed to be investigating if he's good!
This is absolutely correct
But what about it makes me scum?
Eheheheheeee!
You don't even understand how you're showing your true colors!
Investigating won't look like a duty if you are good Gamma! It will look like something you want to do!
A bad maid cleans the hall when they know they're supposed to and Hades is watching! A good maid cleans the hall when Hades is asleep because it looks dirty!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Dusa »

In post 1145, T3 wrote:
In post 1143, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1133, Dusa wrote:This is an inorganic progression on a slot from a single reading! Hephaestus made this! Gamma Emerald got help from Hephaestus and pretended otherwise!
Is Hephaestus representative of anyone in this game?
Also I don’t particularly feel like my progression is as bad as you make it out to be, the second post was made more out of a place of questioning Bingle vs. defending CB
Hephestus was the greek god of fire? I think. So I think Dusa means you got help in the scum pt with that read?
Hephaestus is the god of blacksmithing and other manufacture! I believe! I don't remember everything..

Why aren't you voting for Gamma Emerald?
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Dusa »

Gamma Emerald is reacting like someone caught robbing Charon!

He is threatened by a single vote in a large field because he knows I am being insightful! He feels extra bad because it's me of all people! Dannflor has pointed out an illogical way of viewing what I'm doing!
Please don't miss this just because it's a large Olympic game with so many ongoing events! This is a very distinct case of evil transparent!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1153, DrippingGoofball wrote:My scumread on CB has softened a bit.

The over-the-top role-playing combined with the lack of game content blew up my scumdar.

But now that I see CB is capable of intelligent discourse, I'd like to see more of it.

UNVOTE: for now, though I am still scumreading the slot. It may be because the player is cornered in a defensive position.
My read on CB hasn’t really changed

The game show thing is cute and fun but it seems personality indicative and not alignment indicative
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Dusa »

@Dannflor
Spoiler:
Hi!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:15 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1157, Dusa wrote:Gamma Emerald is reacting like someone caught robbing Charon!

He is threatened by a single vote in a large field because he knows I am being insightful! He feels extra bad because it's me of all people! Dannflor has pointed out an illogical way of viewing what I'm doing!
Please don't miss this just because it's a large Olympic game with so many ongoing events! This is a very distinct case of evil transparent!
Noted.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:22 am

Post by FakeGod »

I thought Gamma got bunch of town cred from when we fought

what happened
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Dusa »

Speak for yourself demigod!

Do you not see what I'm seeing?!?!?!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:13 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1149, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1109, OkaPoka wrote:dann but i thought i townspewed D:
I wound up thinking you were slightly +town for that interaction, but the thing that sticks in mind is that you're just being so passive. Like the only thing you've really done this game that I remember is pushing Yuri, and it's a push I'm not the biggest fan of. I know you just said you're content to be passive because all outcomes are good for you, but that passivity is not something I super associate with town you. Even if you were content to watch where things go I'd kind of expect you to be... poking at something? meming? idk

Can I ask if you still scum read me and if so why?
Did you think i was passive as scum in the other games?

Im probably null on you this game. I like what you are saying and voting now
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1150, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1144, Gamma Emerald wrote:Once CB flips scum I feel like Dusa should be flipped next
Gamma, this feels... overly confident
@Dannflor: unpack this for me?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I have yet to fully catch up, am on mobile and have been reading posts since my last post rather than where I actually left off on the thread, but I want in on this Gamma wagon based on the last two pages alone as I completely trust and agree with Dusa

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Again, more to come when I have time to sit and play at a computer tonight
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:30 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1142, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like Dusa may be trying to deflect attention from actual scum with this maneuver
If Dann or whoever needs a "unique" or "new" reason for me to sheep here, this comment especially strikes me as disingenuous bullshit. Townies say who the "actual scum" is when they sincerely believe this. From context we assume it's Cupcake, but the point is this thought process and sentence in particular feels fake and reactive and manufactured
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

as an addendum to my last post, I thought of exactly my problem with it. "Actual scum" only exists as a phrase Gamma used to make himself sound better/townier. "Don't vote me guys, we need to vote aCtUaL sCuM". It's heinously awkward phrasing
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1114, Almost50 wrote:@Bingle: Am I correct in assuming Scum would want to be on every elimination and more so on the earlier ones, so they can influence the earlier NKs more? (If someone doesn't get my talk; nevermind. Bingle can still understand my monkey noises somehow)
Wanting to be on wagon is actually NAI, but yes. It's true of both factions.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1166, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1142, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like Dusa may be trying to deflect attention from actual scum with this maneuver
If Dann or whoever needs a "unique" or "new" reason for me to sheep here, this comment especially strikes me as disingenuous bullshit. Townies say who the "actual scum" is when they sincerely believe this. From context we assume it's Cupcake, but the point is this thought process and sentence in particular feels fake and reactive and manufactured
I find myself truly torn between liking this content and hating the way in which it is expressed.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1127, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:I think you should change your expectations of me. I've never digressed my level of familiarity or strength in reading the various people I've hinted at playing with. Plus, this alt is almost MEANT for finding a new playstyle and tone for myself, so I'm not thinking about Mafia the same way I did when I played often on my main.

And I don't think meta is usually reliable, and even if I did have a meta rulebook for anyone with high accuracy, it borders on violating site rules in extreme cases.

It doesn't ring as sincere for you or others to place a high expectation of my readability because that makes it easy for town and scum alike to assess my alignment on the ability to read the game, not my behavior.
I neither know nor care who your main is.

The point, as it were, is that this game is extremely content light for a large and anyone who has played with as many people on the PL as you say you have should know that, which makes me doubt the sincerity of your "Oh shit, 40 pages in a week!" post. Trying to couch that as a meta read seems disingenuous at best. I do need to reed the rest of your content though.
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Dusa »

Bingle! Vote Gamma! You can do this! You can see the obvious!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1098, Dannflor wrote:Image

this is purely a reads list and not an evaluation of character

some things have changed since last time I expressed reads on certain people, so I'll type up a more thorough text to go with this later but for now, AMA
Can I have one where it's an evaluation of character?

I think the tree deserves to be higher and would be interested on your impressions of Yuri, tbh. Also I'm assuming the glitched out box is T3.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1171, Dusa wrote:Bingle! Vote Gamma! You can do this! You can see the obvious!
I want a response from Dann first and I'm pretty sure I had another thing to answer.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Bingle »

Specifically, I want Dann to unpack the conclusions he got from 1150, the rest of my questions can wait if he's pressed on time.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”