OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:57 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i hope to find out who you are yuri, even though i might scumread you i like you a lot
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1002, Almost50 wrote:Scum!Dusa hard TRing Scum!Bingle is unthinkable. Bingle wouldn't let his p do that.

Scum!Dusa hard TRing Town!Bingle doesn't make sense. Scumj want to get rid of Bingle (and his mechanical analysis) ASAP

Comclusion: Dusa is Town regardless
A50 - what makes you say scum!Bingle wouldn't let a partner hard townread him?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ooh one other quick thought I just had re:Oka scumreading me, it feels like he ramped it up in intensity after Bingle/Dann both indicated they were still scumreading me

if Bingle/Dann are both town I think that might point to a scum!Oka waiting until it feels reasonably safe to keep me around as a viable miselim because he's more sure there exist Paranoid Townies who don't trust me (yet)
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

guilty why would i want to lim you as scum i like playing with you
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

because I can be capital D Dangerous if left alive and townread

or at least that's what my ego wants me to say
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

wait lmao I hadn't even seen , the fact that Gamma replied to to question it but then completely ignored when he decided to vote CB just further makes him look Bad

honestly I'm not seeing a lot of super interesting or useful content otherwise in this section I hadn't read
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1297, OkaPoka wrote:Its eddie cane!
don't think so :/
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1305, GuiltyLion wrote:wait lmao I hadn't even seen , the fact that Gamma replied to to question it but then completely ignored when he decided to vote CB just further makes him look Bad

honestly I'm not seeing a lot of super interesting or useful content otherwise in this section I hadn't read
I didn’t see anything in 1091 that felt like it answered my question
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

What question was that again? This one?
In post 1118, Gamma Emerald wrote: ...?
What's the end goal of this? What made you think/want to do this?
He actually did answer it, lol
In post 1091, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:Since this translates to the gamestate having wagons bullseye-ing town, I'm losing trust in the votes on the current wagons.

And me being a counterwagon could imply two things I see right now:

Scum are deflecting from a Yuri wagon, either to whiteknight a suspected town for credit or to protect a scumbuddy.
I'm an easy vote for scum to jump onto since everybody generally scumreads me for two universally noted reasons: I have not committed to a scumread openly, and I have had inconsistent activity.

Both situations are not mutually exclusive, which is part of what prompted me to launch
The Wheel of Speech!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well excuse me, my eyes had glazed over at that point
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

as for my thoughts on , I don't like it. Feels like a giant wall of IIOA that amounts to say nothing specific about any individual players and is surprisingly devoid of any actual reads. Nothing in it struck me as especially townie and I actually liked the main engine of the CB wagon (Bingle, FakeGod, DGB, Dann), so I feel like I'm in a bit of an unusual spot where Gamma's hop on was so obviously contrived and bad that he is the better wagon currently, but CB is not really cleared by association
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.36

TargetWagon
Gamma Emerald
(7)
Dusa (), Dannflor (), DrippingGoofball (), GuiltyLion (), Save The Dragons (), OkaPoka (), T3 ()
Cupcake Butterfly
(4)
Bingle (), FakeGod (), Almost50 (), Gamma Emerald ()
Yuri Gagarin
(2)
UNOwen (), Titus ()
GuiltyLion
(1)
Yuri Gagarin ()
Not Voting
(3)
Cupcake Butterfly, LavarManos, Bell ()

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to eliminate. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-06-25 19:26:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I like the format of Dann's tier list but I'm too lazy to use the tiermaker rn so just to summarize where my head is at having fully caught up now

S - Dusa, Bingle, Dann, Bell
A - UNOwen, DGB
B - FakeGod, STD
C - A50, Titus, Lavar, T3, Oka, Yuri, CB
D - Gamma

anyone above the C tier I'm townreading and not really into limming today

I'm going to have to do more work sorting in the C tier, it's a mix of people who are vaguely scummy by lack of doing anything significantly townie or game advancing (Lavar, T3, CB), and some people who have clearly given some game relevant content/reads/votes and could definitely be town but aren't really outside of a scumrange or I've misread historically and so I just don't feel great about a townread on them and likely will need more hard associatives or information (Yuri, A50, Titus, Oka). Maybe it would have been more useful to combine the A/B tiers and try to divide the C tier into a B tier and a C tier, I might take a stab at that later since that feels like it'd actually be Useful Content

happy to receive feedback on this one so fire away. I know I promised A50 a town!Bell case but I definitely don't have the energy for it at this moment and I'm also not sure I actually want to do it, so that will have to be a tomorrow thing if it does happen
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1163, OkaPoka wrote:Did you think i was passive as scum in the other games?
mmmm no that's not quite it. It's less that I think you're scum for being passive, it's more that I feel you've only done a handful of alignment indicative things at all this game so it feels difficult to get a bead on you. I don't know if you're intentionally playing this way or if its an artifact of the setup or what. I don't think your level of engagement or activity by itself is strictly indicative for you, but I feel like the most I'm getting is a little nudge in either direction.

For instance, I liked your interaction with Gamma.

For another instance, I dislike this question:
In post 1214, OkaPoka wrote:dann what was with the sharp s tier to vote tier on gamma
Because... exactly what kind of answer are you hoping to get here?

What happened to the old vibing Okapoka
In post 1121, Gamma Emerald wrote:Most curious about the scumreads rn
In post 1196, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also
@Dann
I asked a question about your reads which as of now has gone unanswered
This is uh... very broad but I'll do my best. LavarManos' ISO is filled with largely empty questions. By empty questions I refer to big sweeping general questions like "What dynamic are you talking about," "How do people read X and Y," "What is townie about this thought?" At best, they seem to be clarifying questions, but they never coalesce into follow through. The other thoughts that appear in their posts at least express some critical thoughts about specific posts, but they're also fairly basic observations by which LavarManos has even admitted to just making a "random read." The reads they have given seem more designed to appear like he's having thoughts™ about the game™, rather than being natural reactions to the game contents. I think evidence of this read is that LavarManos has failed to push literally anywhere despite naming several slots as suspicious. There is no questioning of those slots and they have yet to even vote. Most of LavarManos' interactions are due to them answering someone else's direct question.

T3, I'm beginning to rethink now. Especially with the random town reads thrown his way when I feel he's done very little to deserve them. It feels potentially TMI-y especially from slots like LavarManos.

Fakegod has this weird fake confidence thing going on that isn't actually backed up by any action. Looking back over his ISO as I write this I sorta see a relaxed townie if I squint? And now I'm kinda doubting this one. But even still, there's not much directly to town read. The best I could say for Fakegod is that he's town because he seemingly doesn't really care how he's perceived too much?

CupcakeButterfly should not have needed a wagon to build on her for her to start posting content. In addition, her "content" is largely non game related gameshow nonsense. Very cute and fun nonsense, but nonsense nonetheless. It feels like she has to force herself to talk about the game and even the performative gameshow stuff shoves much of the work on other players. She's loosely made up a scum pool of half the players pushing her, but hasn't directly called out anyone. It's like she's avoiding confrontation completely and wants people to town read her based on her cute schtick. I don't think as town CB would be so avoidy of the confrontationy.

Titus is uh... too calm? I feel like she should be more freaked out by the possible flaws in applying VCA to this game. People mentioned VCA wouldn't work very well and she was just like... "oh no! anyway..." Perhaps because she's just gonna make it up?

UNOwen... I was liking his prods earlier in the game. They were regular and felt like they came at townie intervals and timings and supplied information that wasn't just directly questioned of him. But they've never really gone anywhere. He seems content to just be prodding and as Bingle pointed out, he doesn't seem to be getting a whole tone out of those prods. I haven't really seen UNOwen take a prod and make it into a full blown case, or the other way, where he took a prod and turned it into a strong town read. It's a pattern of play that feels very safe and I feel he'd have started doing something different by now as town with this pattern of play seemingly not resulting in a ton.

GuiltyLion is being kinda weird this game and I can't figure out how much of that is just lack of time / focus / activity. He feels oddly defensive but maybe he feels he has to be because he's been away so much? This read needs more development but it's difficult because I feel like prodding GL means all he'll do is defensively respond to that prod when he has time for the thread. As such, I haven't been able to see much/any townie self actualization in this game (what a BS term I just decided to use). I mean, his moments of agency where he's pushed something on his own or prodded or joined a wagon have seemed shallow, but again maybe that can be attributed to a lack of engagement? But I feel like GuiltyLion would *feel* different as town even if he wasn't as engaged. I dunno. Probably one of my weaker scum reads here, he has had towny moments I suppose but I forget about them easily.

Gamma I really thought you were town but I've really disliked your reactions recently and particularly your reaction to Dusa. Aside from CB and Dusa, who is scum? Why does it feel like you're not super bothered by the fact you might be eliminated soon here?

forget if I had any more questions to respond to

oh I'm actually pretty fine with the current wagon composition? I might just add bingle + bell Maybe swap ne of GL or T3 for A50 or Yuri? idk
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

my other issue is I'm Fully Bothered by CB and Lavar just not having voted at all today, I am always going to scumread and want to eliminate there because it's fundamentally not playing the game and not making oneself transparent/readable but at the same time I struggle to believe that two members of a scum team are both deciding to play completely passively and forfeit any opportunity to try to determine the elimination or even generate a narrative
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:50 pm

Post by Bingle »

I'm not townreading A50, and that's actually a pretty big thing. Definitely could be that he just hasn't had an opportunity to show me his town monkey intestines yet, but I don't want him on wagon without a read on him.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1315, Bingle wrote:I'm not townreading A50, and that's actually a pretty big thing. Definitely could be that he just hasn't had an opportunity to show me his town monkey intestines yet, but I don't want him on wagon without a read on him.
hmmm okay scratch the A50
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1314, GuiltyLion wrote:my other issue is I'm Fully Bothered by CB and Lavar just not having voted at all today
yes this is A Problem
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, Oka's hop from Yuri to me, and then quickly onto Gamma feels a bit like flailing around not knowing what to do about the Gamma wagon to me, but I also want to believe scum!Oka is a better player than that and isn't necessarily driven to flailing there given it's D1

and I feel if he's scum and Gamma's town and the goal was to make me look bad on a Gamma miselimination, then those were not the posts/arguments he would have made. It does look like he could be trying to set up to push me on the basis of being scum with Gamma, but again I feel like he'd have been more crafty and less awkward about it if it was a scum plan

so the whole thing feels off but having a hard time feeling like I know what to think about it
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:00 pm

Post by Dannflor »

idk from Oka's position as either alignment I would feel pretty uncomfortable pushing Yuri given his current state
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh yeah no I'm not saying he should have kept pushing Yuri or anything, I just don't get what the switch between me/Gamma was all about.

I think regardless of his alignment he probably felt self-conscious about moving from voting a guy to voting the guy being voted by the guy he was just voting, so maybe the whole thing was just town!Oka borking out not knowing what to do, mainly all of it just felt not very well thought out
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

whatever
Seems like you jerks have decided I’m scum and are trying to route every argument to that conclusion again
<Embrace The Void>

Yuri Gagarin
Yuri Gagarin
Goon
Yuri Gagarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by Yuri Gagarin »

In post 1300, OkaPoka wrote:i hope to find out who you are yuri, even though i might scumread you i like you a lot
this is very appreciated, Oka :)
In post 1319, Dannflor wrote:idk from Oka's position as either alignment I would feel pretty uncomfortable
pushing Yuri given his current state
although it may seem contradictory to what I just said, I'm doing okay now and the thing in my personal life has resolved so please don't not push me because you're worried about me irl, I just happen to be kinda sad today which is why it was nice to see oka saying that

me not enjoying the game at this point has much more to do with the game itself than it does with anything in my personal life
"I see no VTs up here"
Yuri Gagarin
Yuri Gagarin
Goon
Yuri Gagarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:16 pm

Post by Yuri Gagarin »

In post 1295, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1278, Yuri Gagarin wrote:Can we lim me tomorrow
no