OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

im hoping to understand why ur reads r so flimsy dann, either there is a vocabularic misunderstanding or something else
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:19 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

uhhhh that's e1
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I just feel I don't have an answer to that that's not "I just changed my mind / wanted to see what would happen"

I don't feel that I'm good enough to not reconsider even my strongest reads when faced with good evidence to the contrary on D1, which I feel that I got
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

dont be silly guilty, with a setup like this id try and lim you in the neighborhoods if i were scared
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm glad you're doing okay Yuri
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:23 pm

Post by Dannflor »

also I think the nature of my Gamma read was very gut / emotion based and that's something that can easily change for me based on more recent evidence
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:23 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 795, Dannflor wrote:I'm not feeling Savethedragons as scum so much anymore.

But also, am I crazy or did OkaPoka and Gamma Emerald both not just totally townspew all over the place? I will pre-face that I do think Gamma Emerald wears his emotions on his sleeve as both alignments, but in general as scum, the breadth and depth of your emotion is going to be a little stunted. That is, the internal thought processes of town are usually a lot more complex, and I feel like I'm seeing that re: Gamma's navigation of his fight with FakeGod. Specifically, #778 contains a sort of earnestness about the thought processes that lead to his emotional outbursts that feels genuine. It's a human moment with Oka that reveals his inner thought processes in a natural way instead of a scummy "here's what I'm thinking so I can manipulate you into thinking I'm town" way. That post in particular sticks out to me but I also already town read Gamma.

Now, I might be reading into OkaPoka's general good disposition and the fact that he is a good person and attributing that to towniness, but I don't think that's all there is to it. I also recognize that inserting oneself into a "town mediator" role is a great way to earn town cred, but I still think Oka jumping in when he did there is like, slight towny points? There's other reasons I'm starting to come around to Oka too. I like that he hasn't dropped the mechanics (or didn't for a while). I was against the talk at first because it makes a very easy environment for scum to come and say nice sounding stuff, but Oka's been consistently spouting his own views to go along with that so like... I'm not mad. I don't want to not have a strategy going into this setup. I find his continued suspicion not very weird because Oka usually doesn't town read me anyway. I guess I still don't have a strong town read here but I'm starting to understand his process this game better. I definitely don't think he's town because he's been "enthusiastic," if anything his despair is more towny than not.

Speaking of which, I had a moment earlier today where I was paranoiaing Bingle scum. I've talked myself out of it by now but I'm still kind of mystified by him this game. One thing that's kind of stood out to me is that he's doing a lot of "don't town read X," which is all well and good, but a lot of it seems kind of perfunctory. Like, duh people shouldn't town read Oka because he's enthusiastic, but is Oka even particularly enthusiastic this game? Honestly, he seems kind of subdued and I'm not the only one who has noticed that. Idk some of the things Bingle has been harping on just seem a little surface level. @Bingle maybe you can help me out here by talking a little bit more about any thoughts you do have on Oka? Or even me for that matter? I don't understand why you're trusting me as town for now or whatever
sure but this exists and i mean this does not seem like a feeling you would just drop unless you lied to me about your feelings
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

versus like I think Bell would have to start dancing with a red blinking neon sign above his head that said "playing for the red team" in order for me to start scum reading him, because my reasons for town!bell feel more grounded
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

then ur tier list made no sense i mean something has to give here dann and you aren't the type of person with lolreads you aren't me dann, you are supposed to be the stable one in this dynamic!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1331, OkaPoka wrote:sure but this exists and i mean this does not seem like a feeling you would just drop unless you lied to me about your feelings
those were the feelings I had at the time

I'm now having different feelings. idk how to explain it and I wish I wasn't so flimsy on this but this is where I am and how I am.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1333, OkaPoka wrote:then ur tier list made no sense i mean something has to give here dann and you aren't the type of person with lolreads you aren't me dann, you are supposed to be the stable one in this dynamic!
you also had like 0 reaction to Dusa's push on Gamma and his subsequent reaction to that so I feel like the difference in how we read that situation might be the giving factor here
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

possibly true that i just dont care about gamma's rxn when i maybe should
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1333, OkaPoka wrote:you are supposed to be the stable one in this dynamic!
I'm also not as self-confident a player as I sometimes project and that was something I was supposed to be fixing this game by being more aggressive but alas I have fallen back on old habits
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1336, OkaPoka wrote:possibly true that i just dont care about gamma's rxn when i maybe should
I also think Dusa's utter enthusiasm has had some element in swaying me
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

have u figured out dusa's main
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

time to make a post that will be mocked endgame

what r the odds

gamma/guilty/dann/yuri/???
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:37 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

??? <- somebody who has been replaced or is actively lurking
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1339, OkaPoka wrote:have u figured out dusa's main
I have a pretty decent guess
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

BoPable?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1330, Dannflor wrote:also I think the nature of my Gamma read was very gut / emotion based and that's something that can easily change for me based on more recent evidence
Iirc your TR on me was this way too
What I wanna know is with this self-awareness why was I in your S tier? Read strength should be balanced with the certainty of the read
If you have a strong paranoia of someone for a fringe logic that shouldn’t be listed as a primary scumread (unless you have literally nothing else)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by Dannflor »

sure if you go for that sort of thing
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1344, Gamma Emerald wrote:What I wanna know is with this self-awareness why was I in your S tier? Read strength should be balanced with the certainty of the read
that's true

I think believing in my strong feeling so strongly was a mistake
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:47 am

Post by UNOwen »

I'm on board with the Gamma execution. His posts about Cupcake didn't really bother me but I agree that the pushback against Dusa was bad.

Bell, Bingle on wagon. Yuri off.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:48 am

Post by UNOwen »

@Dannflor - what's your read on Yuri?
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:58 am

Post by Dusa »

In post 1313, Dannflor wrote:CupcakeButterfly should not have needed a wagon to build on her for her to start posting content. In addition, her "content" is largely non game related gameshow nonsense. Very cute and fun nonsense, but nonsense nonetheless. It feels like she has to force herself to talk about the game and even the performative gameshow stuff shoves much of the work on other players. She's loosely made up a scum pool of half the players pushing her, but hasn't directly called out anyone. It's like she's avoiding confrontation completely and wants people to town read her based on her cute schtick. I don't think as town CB would be so avoidy of the confrontationy.
Cupcake Butterfly is a son of Zeus, not a daughter of Hera!!!!!!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”