Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:10 am

Post by T3 »

My autocorrect decided to be strange and corrected a paragraph or my writing to just "spreads"
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:10 am

Post by VFP »

In post 521, GuyInFreezer wrote:Oh that’s me suggesting the course of action if rock is eliminated today. Like it’s not related to my actual read on rock.
As I said two posts before that, I think rock votes are stupid.
Okay. I guess it's more of factual rather than thoughts.
In post 521, GuyInFreezer wrote:If I was sold so hard that T3 and Vax was a mason, enough to singlehandedly flip the Vax wagon to someone else, why would I believe that anyone else is flipping a PR?
I partially get what you're saying... sure, if I have 6 strong town reads then I don't care who is the lim out of the final 2.
However, I still find it strange that you take a post as set masons over a possible trickery post/mis read of a crumb... which again, we both know happens. To be at the point where you don't even care if you get a claim (not your words, I know but this is how I see it).
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:12 am

Post by T3 »

I scumread rock a lot and light sr gif independent of rock.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:14 am

Post by VFP »

In post 528, T3 wrote:I scumread rock a lot and light sr gif independent of rock.
What's scummy about GIF?
This is ongoing from yesterday or today only?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:31 am

Post by T3 »

Ongoing from yesterday. Mainly that he claims to have solved the game but then didn't vote.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:43 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 530, T3 wrote:Ongoing from yesterday. Mainly that he claims to have solved the game but then didn't vote.
Ctrl + F "solve", Day 1
In post 79, GuyInFreezer wrote:UNVOTE:

I think I can solve this in 5 days.
In post 138, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 116, Vaxkiller wrote:Sry, you guys deserve better. I should have marked myself VLA over the weekend. Some weeks are better than others, but last week end was really busy. But I'm here now on the weekdays!
Btw I have no excuses.
One liners will be all y’all get from me unless I feel a big need to post longer which is basically almost never.
Why drag it out in paragraphs when I can say two lines to say what I need amirite

With that said now I have pretty strong 5 townreads. I can prob really solve this in 4 days.
In post 236, GuyInFreezer wrote:In case people ask me why I’m not voting anyone yet I’m simply waiting on Johnny to post. I do want to D1 solve for flex points if possible.
In post 251, GuyInFreezer wrote:(Also I was hoping to solve the game in 5 days but I didn't realize Johnny was in V/LA til today sooooo)
In post 274, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 263, sang froid wrote:who cares
Me cos I want to go for perfect solve D1 lmao
In post 305, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 302, sang froid wrote:yes, so why does it matter if Johnny turns up before we lim or nah
Attempt at perfect D1 solve. Like it's for personal reason. For gamestate reason Johnny matters none because as I said earlier we only need handful of correct universal townreads and we can eliminate the rest and still win.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:44 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

When I actually claimed the game to be solved (albeit wrongfully)
In post 335, GuyInFreezer wrote:VOTE: clasko

I will also take Johnny.

Rest are town.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:48 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 527, VFP wrote:However, I still find it strange that you take a post as set masons over a possible trickery post/mis read of a crumb
Remember that it wasn't only just me who thought it was a mason soft. That post was that damning.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Roden »

In post 518, VFP wrote: Although logically I think you're just scum here, I find it odd how there's just so little outside of me and you here. Even more so from T3. It makes me want to think the frustration is real but again, logically spoken here...
Addressing this specifically because it's pinging me. We were actually focused on Rock and Vax more before this, and I've already said your back and forth with Vax felt pointless. It still doesn't seem like it's really going anywhere since GIF is more or less just answering everything with quotes.

I can't tell if you're purposely doing it, but your posts look like you're just trying to obfuscate GIF's posts and his intentions. I don't fully understand his reasonings myself, but the things you keep poking at are what I feel GIF has been the most clear about. I town read your slot when it was Clasko, and I still somewhat am, but your posts are making me a little less confident.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Roden »

GIF, can you tell me why you don't think Rock is scum? He seems to be your most shaky town read, but what makes you town lean him over Clasko/VFP and Vax?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:26 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 535, Roden wrote:GIF, can you tell me why you don't think Rock is scum? He seems to be your most shaky town read, but what makes you town lean him over Clasko/VFP and Vax?
Same reason as D1 really.

Also by "shaky" it's more like

Roden
T3
Jumble
Rock

==
Big
Flipping
Gap
==

VFP
Vax
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Roden »

The only person I feel confident town locking at this point is Jumble/Umlaut slot. If only because I'm seeing lines being drawn in the sand and they've consistently suspicious of the same potential pairs. I was worried about being potentially pocketed but I don't see them scum paired with anyone at this point.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Roden »

In post 536, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 535, Roden wrote:GIF, can you tell me why you don't think Rock is scum? He seems to be your most shaky town read, but what makes you town lean him over Clasko/VFP and Vax?
Same reason as D1 really.

Also by "shaky" it's more like

Roden
T3
Jumble
Rock

==
Big
Flipping
Gap
==

VFP
Vax
What was the reason on D1, again? I know you basically PoE'd him, but what specifically pinged you as town?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:36 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 237, GuyInFreezer wrote:Since people aren’t having qualms about Roden/sang/T3 being town let’s see why Rock and Jumble is town.

If anyone isn’t convinced that Rock is town yet, just see how he was under pressure for pretty much 80% of the game so far and see how he gave 0 fuck and went on his way on trying to figure out the game. Like it’s really hard to do that as scum (because scum needs to live and they know how painful it is to be lynched D1) and unless someone tells me that Rockhopper is actually a god tier scum player I’m just gonna call him town for that alone.

Also
In post 183, Rockhopper wrote:What kind of scum strongly townreads 5 newbies like that lol
GIF's town prolly.
This is like
99.99% town reaction.
And no it’s not because he called me town. That’s like an icing on a cake and I know better than to bias my reads based on what they’re calling me. He could’ve said Vax in there instead of my name and I would still have a same reaction. Yes it’s a naive view on things on his part. But naivety is a really strong town trait. Scum do not want to randomly call someone town for simple reasons because they want their mislynch options open. This is also why I’m not townreading Clasko. His overly fence sitting post I mentioned earlier falls into this category.

Now Jumble. Now he’s a funny case to read because he admitted that he doesn’t not respond well to pressure and is self-conscious. That means I need to rule this off from being alignment-indicative.
> Subtle/direct attempt at redirection of pressure from himself

With that said, assuming that I believe his story that he’s really new at the game, he has a solid on Radon and somewhat solid reads on Clasko and Vax (which I do not agree but let’s chalk that as him being new). Basically, he looks like he’s trying his best.

“Now wait a whole damn minute GIF ya mean to tell me ya townread him for simply trying???”

Well there are some elements of my gut reads and whatnot but if I tell you that I’m townreading him because gut I’m suuuure that’s gonna be some solid case amirite. But yeah back on the topic. He is trying, he is forming his reads regardless of how bad they actually are, and he is standing by those reads.

Conviction. Unlike Clasko. Actually trying. Unlike Vax.

If you need more than this, then consider this. Remember that he is self conscious. For a self conscious player he does like probing and prodding, no? If he’s new, self conscious, and scum, let me tell you that he basically won’t be playing like this. He will most likely play super passive and appeasing because he wouldn’t want to be caught in a conflict and getting negative attention.

So yeah. His play is town.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Roden »

I see where you're coming from, but town reading someone who's town reading you is just a safe thing for scum to do. He didn't really think much of your reads anyway, but was totally fine to vote any of them out over his own scum reads. I wouldn't say he did well under pressure either since he kept trying to bounce between wagons and eventually just gave up when it looked like everyone seemed ready to vote him.

I guess giving up and replacing out is NAI, but it looks bad after he kept trying to tunnel people who've been largely town read. The only vote I agreed with him on was against Vax but he quickly backed out of that when I said there had to be one scum between him and Vax. I can't imagine why town!Rock wouldn't want to vote Vax if he believed Vax and I were scum buddies.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 540, Roden wrote:but town reading someone who's town reading you is just a safe thing for scum to do
This is something you look for process not result.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 541, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 540, Roden wrote:but town reading someone who's town reading you is just a safe thing for scum to do
This is something you look for process not result.
Not quite sure what this means but I'm gonna assume you're not bullshitting me. I don't want to campaign for Rock right now anyway, since his replacement hasn't been found yet and I'm confident we can determine his alignment through Vax's flip anyway.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Assuming that I understood your original comment correctly, I mean that "townreading someone who townreads them" is something that shouldn't be read for alignment as a result by itself. It's more important to look at the steps of how one is townreading other independent of vice versa.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Roden »

GuyInFreezer wrote:Assuming that I understood your original comment correctly, I mean that "townreading someone who townreads them" is something that shouldn't be read for alignment as a result by itself. It's more important to look at the steps of how one is townreading other independent of vice versa.
That makes sense actually. Idk maybe I'm just tunneled. I just don't think Rock's progression in his reads felt natural, and his insistence on scum reading anyone and everyone who scum read him is either lazy scum hunting or an attempt to avoid genuine scum hunting.

Regardless I'll just drop it for now.

@VFP

What's your read on Vax? I'm figuring you don't trust GIF, but do you think Vax is town?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Umlaut »

After reading how the Vax wagon ended (, ), GIF is pretty much conftown IMO
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 372, Rockhopper wrote:Voting Clasko rn cus I realized that Vax's play has a lot more reason to come from town than scuum.
Rockhopper, can you talk about what changed your mind on Vax here?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Umlaut »

...oh, no, he can't because he's out of the game.

Sigh.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 519, T3 wrote:
In post 510, Umlaut wrote:Anyway, I would like T3's explanation of why it's supposed to be town-indicative, rather than Vax's.
Basicaly it seemed to me like Vax placed a random vote to try and get possible newbscum to vote along with him.
Vax doesn't seem to agree with this explanation (or at least he hasn't owned up to it yet). In fact Vax was like "Oh yeah, I see what I did there," but then seemed completely unable to explain to anyone's satisfaction just what he did there, and certainly didn't say it was any kind of reaction test even pages later when whatever reaction he was trying to gauge would have happened by then. It seems like this really isn't affecting your read at all; why not?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by fferyllt »

humaneatingmonkey replaces Rockhopper. Please welcome him!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”