Newbie 2068 | Lofi Beats to Play Mafia To | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:41 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 596, GrandpaMo wrote:i would hammer myself -- but someone did that in another open game and everyone got mad at them. so ill just wait a hammer on me.
Why would you hammer yourself?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:42 am

Post by VFP »

Best case, we get scum
Worst case we get VT

Although I do love a VT claim at it comes from town more than scum, I don't think unvoting here is optimal.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:42 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

i mean i kinda still dont want yall to hammer just in case james could speak more when they are avaailable so yall could solve their allignment tmr -- as well as zyla.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:43 am

Post by VFP »

I'll think it over while I sleep.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:44 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 600, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 596, GrandpaMo wrote:i would hammer myself -- but someone did that in another open game and everyone got mad at them. so ill just wait a hammer on me.
Why would you hammer yourself?
cuz there is no reason for to unvote now. since i am just vt -- its optimal for town to vote me. both scum+ town advantage well mostly scum if i flip town in which i will .

it doesn't change the fact if i dont hammer myself -- i still will get a hammer on me regardless.

for example, zyla will hammer me
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:45 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

i played poorly as town this game and honestly it just upsets me.

i apologize to anyone i made uncomfortable or the game unenjoyable
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:47 am

Post by VFP »

I feel like if you're town Grampa, we actually have similar way of thinking.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:47 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Yeah I guess I am waiting to hammer until I get my feelings sorted out. Is it bad to prolong the day? PEDIT: I see the argument that it's better to lock in a VT miselim than risk a PR miselim, but I agree even more that trying to get a little more dialogue in doesn't hurt, right...?

Anyway this ISO piece by piece is taking way longer than I thought it would so I might not do the whole exercise written out and just try to push through it on my own, but here's how far I got.

James ISO Analysis Part 2: Covering his posts 11-22 In-game 86-140, excluding ISO 21/post 139
Low-content NAI: 120, 137 (some joke I don’t get)
86: Questions the logic in Grandpa Mo’s post 84, which is the end of a strange interaction between Grandpa and Val that seems to end pretty amicably,
with James questioning the veracity of the tactic in the first place

91:
Weird attack on Grandpa slash defense of Zyla – saying “Still much better than yours [Mo] regarding Val89” – in my opinion it was very similar except for post length

93: Says Val is flaking in response to Val’s criticism post 92 of James 85 (the big wall I did in my prior post). I’m not really sure what is meant, because as mentioned in post 95, I think we’re not all on the same page regarding the meaning of the word. On one hand 93 isn’t really a “response” to anything in 92, but there wasn’t much new to respond to, just a reiteration of some points up to now, and confirming that this is all serious and not RVS stuff.
116-117: A response to my “debut” post 100 that ends in me voting him. My main “new” concern besides those Val brought up was the tunnelling thing. He addresses this by his treasure metaphor, from which we can see that what James meant by tunnelling wasn’t ‘putting on blinders’ but rather ‘establishing a focus for a period of time’, not necessarily the whole in-game day, further confirmed in post 127.
138: Emphasizing “no comment yet” in Grandpa’s 128, and goes on in 140 to argue that this isn’t townsided to withhold the information, combined with post 139 (digging in later) and the unnecessary tone causes James to move vote from Val to Grandpa. To me this is fair reasoning but also potentially an OMGUS
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:48 am

Post by VFP »

In post 605, GrandpaMo wrote:i played poorly as town this game and honestly it just upsets me.

i apologize to anyone i made uncomfortable or the game unenjoyable
Save the AtE for post game my friend! It means nothing without a flip :P
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:48 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 606, VFP wrote:I feel like if you're town Grampa, we actually have similar way of thinking.
ig yea? intiuitave thought? but in the last game i played wit u where u were scum, u pocketed me and it just turned out that i was just townreading u wrong af

i was like we were having the same thoughts and stuff but turned out i was wrong and u were actually scum lol
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:50 am

Post by VFP »

In post 609, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 606, VFP wrote:I feel like if you're town Grampa, we actually have similar way of thinking.
ig yea? intiuitave thought? but in the last game i played wit u where u were scum, u pocketed me and it just turned out that i was just townreading u wrong af

i was like we were having the same thoughts and stuff but turned out i was wrong and u were actually scum lol
What game was I scum for you?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I mean you should never want to hammer yourself here, ever. Town or scum. So it really just pings me negatively everytime that line comes from an almost dead player as it’s a pretty strong way to LAMIST by saying you’d do something you never intend to do.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:54 am

Post by VFP »

I think Grampa is still just scum here :P
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:55 am

Post by VFP »

I've never been scum to Grampa and neither have I ever pocketed them!
It's emotional blackmail! That's what it is! :cry:
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:56 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 610, VFP wrote:
In post 609, GrandpaMo wrote:

What game was I scum for you?
wait i think i was thinking bout flow trap not vfp

i always get yall mixed up

i even mentioned this in thisviewtopic.php?f=83&t=86537
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:56 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 613, VFP wrote:I've never been scum to Grampa and neither have I ever pocketed them!
It's emotional blackmail! That's what it is! :cry:
sorry ^
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:57 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 611, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I mean you should never want to hammer yourself here, ever. Town or scum. So it really just pings me negatively everytime that line comes from an almost dead player as it’s a pretty strong way to LAMIST by saying you’d do something you never intend to do.
what? do you want me to do it then? :|
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:59 am

Post by VFP »

Go for it! :lol:
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:00 am

Post by alstroemerial »

D:
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:03 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Meh was working on an "if I die, here's what I think for tomorrow based on my death and the grandpa flip" but it seems stupid to post because of wine contamination
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:05 am

Post by VFP »

It's fine I won't kill you

I hope you don't die! >:|
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:05 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

Wine Contamination?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:06 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 616, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 611, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I mean you should never want to hammer yourself here, ever. Town or scum. So it really just pings me negatively everytime that line comes from an almost dead player as it’s a pretty strong way to LAMIST by saying you’d do something you never intend to do.
what? do you want me to do it then? :|
I don’t have an say on that.
Imo self-hammering is only really an thing i’d consider if i was scum and wanted less information from my flip by cutting the day short or making wagon analyzis harder.

- Bunno
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:06 am

Post by alstroemerial »

oh hi James

what I mean is that if I say "here's what it means if I die", that statement kind of instantly becomes Wine In Front of Me :P
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:07 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Since James has appeared why don't we wait to hammer for a bit so he has a chance to say any thoughts?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”